Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

tharealmclovin

I added 2 KISS carts but dont see a discount. Is it because they are different colors???

EDIT: It changes without any notice. went from 19.99-17.99

EDIT 2: any chance there is still an SS kit code. that would be a great add on for KISS

tharealmclovin,
THC SCI I ordered the sr 71 but I have one of the original perseis without the new heads. I have a hammer top as well, will this work and be ok for the 71 until I get my old heads sent in? Also with the ss kit is putting the 18650 tube with the original persei tube for 2 18650s ok to do with the sr71 (white rod)? PS Thanks for the stickers with my last send in love the w9 sticks

if I send in my old persei with both tops which isn't under warranty anymore, so I got to pay for the damage repair 65+sh could I change it from the chrome one I have to a black? I plan to get the ss kit and would love to have an all stealth black with my new blck sr71

Last edited by a moderator:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
if I send in my old persei with both tops which isn't under warranty anymore, so I got to pay for the damage repair 65+sh could I change it from the chrome one I have to a black? I plan to get the ss kit and would love to have an all stealth black with my new blck sr71

BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL!
If being discreet is your pref then the Persei isn't what your looking for. If your going to use it at your house only I would suggest you do get the Persei with the LAyG carts. The Hercules turns the Persei into a steam train and just produces more vapor then a single person can inhale at once.

As for video of the LAyG carts in just gonna let the users review them.
The HERCULES SR71 is not everybody However if you can handle it it will kick your A@@!
4 Days straight WAKE and VAKE SR71 Blast off style.

VERY VERY STRONG!
Some people do not need to get this medicated some of us do!
ive hit my persei in an SUV (i was in the very back) with my folks in the car (they dont know i get baked) with the windows up and AC on, during a 2 hour drive, and they didnt suspect a thing. Of course i tried to ghost my hits as much as possible, but even at home, where my roomates dont even know i get baked, i be hitting the carts all the time with my windows closed and they dont suspect a thing. Same experience with the herc, but its not as discreet and easier to cough a lung out with. I had homie who claimed he hit his in a classroom and nobody noticed, or so he claims, but i believe him. when comparing the herc to the carts the herc is smellier, but thats only cause the hits are more concentrated.

I still have a bunch of carts to use up.
The carts are still very practical as you mention in you experience!
Nice story!

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@THC SCIENTIFIC --- Is the Core still on target for release the 21st of October?

I admit to not knowing very much about the Core, but am thinking about picking one up. I have a couple sets of batteries for when I need to be truly mobile, but this would be great for around the house and the nights I forget to re-charge. Would this also help with the shorts some people have been having lately? I guess as a non-electrical knowledge person, is this safer than using batteries for our Persei/Herc?

Anyway, probably in for one, just trying to gauge if its on track for release to avoid buying more batteries at the moment.
I know you're not overly aggressive and trying to "shove" things in our faces all the time which is great. But, this once, can you "sell" me on the Core and tell me why it should be a part of my Persei lineup.

Thanks.

Silver420Surfer,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@Silver420Surfer The Core is a pass through system that plugs into your Persei or Omicron.

If you have a Omicron HVD top you can use the Core up to its full voltage. If you have a Persei you can use it no matter what top.

It has built in short circuit protections and as a secondary it will kick in if it sees a short.

Now to sell this i really dont want to because we have production issues we are trying to resolve. As of right now its a maybe about the release date. ill know more end of this week.

friedbanana8

I'm not really into Oils. Basically, I want to buy a portable vaporizer that I can use in my kitchen, while blowing the vape through a dual-fan. And of course, not leaving a beautiful but horrendous smell in my apartment.

Thanks for the response. Please confirm if the Persei is truly what you say it is. Also what is the Herc and Carts? If what you say about the Persei is true, I will buy one asap.

Thanks man.

Are you looking to vape oil or herb? the carts are for oils and are dispensible. They meter out a grams worth of oil over several hundred hits; about 500 hits to a gram. So i mean from that information alone you can gather that the vapor isnt going to smell anything near as strong as herb smoke. When i first got the persei, to be on the safe side i bought a smoke buddy as well and i always kept some febreeze around, but again, ive never had a problem. My smoke buddy hasnt been used since the first day that i tried it out. Ill also mention that my roommates do know what weed smells like, but yet, ive never heard them complain about any odd smell coming from my room. The vapor does give off a mild smell for like 5-10 secs at the most if you point your nose in the direction of the vapor, but i feel like its completely different from herb smoke and that the smell doesn't travel far at all, certainly not to out of my room, as long as i have the door closed, and disappates quickly. If anything you could just say its ejuice, with all the different flavors around i cant imagine anybody doubting it.
Usually my sessions consist of 5-10 hits per sesh, but ive had friends over and done over 50 hits over a 20-30 minute time interval and never a complaint about it. Im absolutely baffled that others dont find it to be as discreet as is my experience.
The herc is for mainly oils but you can vape herb in it as well. The herc is also non dispensible. You clean it by boiling it for 5 minutes and then wiping down with iso. Vaping herbs with the herc works best if you throw some in on top of your oil separated with a screen to minimize the chance of combustion. Ive never had an incident of combustion, so in other words, i think its fairly easy to control the temperature. If you decide to go with the herc feel free to ask questions about this technique once you've got it. I vape with the herc in my room just as if i was using a cart. I cant say i even use the carts anymore, because the herc gives the tastiest hits and with the right technique they can hit just like a cart except with tastier hits.
Given my experience i 100% recommend the persei for discreet oil vaping.

friedbanana8,
Reactions: ataxian

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Are you looking to vape oil or herb? the carts are for oils and are dispensible. They meter out a grams worth of oil over several hundred hits; about 500 hits to a gram. So i mean from that information alone you can gather that the vapor isnt going to smell anything near as strong as herb smoke. When i first got the persei, to be on the safe side i bought a smoke buddy as well and i always kept some febreeze around, but again, ive never had a problem. My smoke buddy hasnt been used since the first day that i tried it out. Ill also mention that my roommates do know what weed smells like, but yet, ive never heard them complain about any odd smell coming from my room. The vapor does give off a mild smell for like 5-10 secs at the most if you point your nose in the direction of the vapor, but i feel like its completely different from herb smoke and that the smell doesn't travel far at all, certainly not to out of my room, as long as i have the door closed, and disappates quickly. If anything you could just say its ejuice, with all the different flavors around i cant imagine anybody doubting it.
Usually my sessions consist of 5-10 hits per sesh, but ive had friends over and done over 50 hits over a 20-30 minute time interval and never a complaint about it. Im absolutely baffled that others dont find it to be as discreet as is my experience.
The herc is for mainly oils but you can vape herb in it as well. The herc is also non dispensible. You clean it by boiling it for 5 minutes and then wiping down with iso. Vaping herbs with the herc works best if you throw some in on top of your oil separated with a screen to minimize the chance of combustion. Ive never had an incident of combustion, so in other words, i think its fairly easy to control the temperature. If you decide to go with the herc feel free to ask questions about this technique once you've got it. I vape with the herc in my room just as if i was using a cart. I cant say i even use the carts anymore, because the herc gives the tastiest hits and with the right technique they can hit just like a cart except with tastier hits.
Given my experience i 100% recommend the persei for discreet oil vaping.
He got banned in another thread for being a real bugger to others.

Hedonismbot

I’ve been playing with the voltage level on my Iris/Herc(white rod)/Persei setup. I raised and lowered the voltage in 0.1v increments around my 6.0v starting point. The idea was to find the best power level to vaporize at where you could just mash down on the button and hold it throughout the hit.

Maybe I’m deluding myself but below about 5.8v the hits got a little too wispy for my liking and above about 6.2v the hits get a bit harsh and started to make me cough. I’ve settled on 5.9v for now with the Iron Man Budder that I’m vaping. @ataxian you should love being able to dial in maximum flavor! Cloud chasers can increase power to whatever level they can stand. Me, I’m a pleasure chaser!

Another thing I discovered was when I put on the stainless top cap I used to just push it down with my thumb. When I did this yesterday I heard a pop sound as I pushed the cap in place. I realized that I had sealed the air path with my thumb and was forcing air out the air intake holes. It was like clearing a pop clog in reverse. This forces a little bit of oil into the bottom chamber of the Herc. Not good. So when you push your top cap on make sure you leave space for air to escape.

So, I’m at the end of my second gram in the Herc. The second gram went in in 7 chunks. Chunks sizes started at about 0.1g and the last chunk I put in was 0.21g. That last chunk was about as big as I’m comfortable with. I notice an increasing number of little pop clogs with bigger loads. Does anyone else here put in bigger incremental loads into their Herc?

I’m debating whether to load a third gram or clean the SR-71.

I would like to get some opinions on whether you think I could clean the upper chamber of the Herc by leaving it assembled (chamber, heating rod, collar and oil coil) and just soaking the whole thing in iso?

Hedo

Caligula

Maximus
A few people leave their coils in when cleaning because they might damage/stretch it. In all honestly, I've never had that issue. As long as you remove the coil while the unit is still warm (making the oil in there less viscous so it won't glue the coil to the chamber wall) you shouldn't have any issues.

On that note, I found that putting your coil into the toaster oven @ ~200°F for a few minutes makes all of the oil contained inside run out like water. After that Ill usually just ISO soak it, shake vigorously to remove access alcohol, then pop it back in the toaster oven for a few minutes to be sure tto boil off any remianing ISO. Typically comes out brand new looking.

Of course that's if I'm in a hurry. ISO soaking overnight and a good rinse/dry will get you most of the way there. Less work, more time.

OF

Why do we keep answering this guys posts?

Here is the post where he refers to lwien as a forum nerd
Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Good point SS. I like most guys I think don't often put the ends together like you did. But if the guy's too special to waste his time waiting on the guys with white hats to help him out, maybe we should decide we're all to busy with our own lives to bother taking the time to help him?

I tend to favor erring on the helpful side but you raise a good point, as long as we keep feeding those who disrespect us they're sure not likely to go away or stop making selfish demands. "Doesn't work and play well with others" comes to mind.....

Thanks.

OF

OF

Grabbed my interest so i searched. Dude was trolling after getting banned under a previous name (VapeLifeWill or something). Pretty sure he does those terrible YouTube vape reviews.

Best not to feed the trolls in this case.

Yup. Rewarding bad behavior doesn't work well with cats either I come to find out.......

Good catch, I hope it's the last we see of him unless/until he changes his ways.....in which case we'll probably not recognize him?

Thanks again.

OF

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC what is needed to use the LAyG Cartridges? Do I need any special attachments like a Herc? Also, why are the new units being sold by W9Tech.com lacking the dual head? Is there an issue with them? Finally, how much of an improvement is a Herc/SR-71? I love my Persei, but I blow through cartridges as I never put it down. I would love a better option that the current cartridges, so I am very curious if these (Herc sr71 or LAyG) are it.

Thanks!

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Another thing I discovered was when I put on the stainless top cap I used to just push it down with my thumb. When I did this yesterday I heard a pop sound as I pushed the cap in place. I realized that I had sealed the air path with my thumb and was forcing air out the air intake holes. It was like clearing a pop clog in reverse. This forces a little bit of oil into the bottom chamber of the Herc. Not good. So when you push your top cap on make sure you leave space for air to escape.

Hedo
I noticed the same thing with the top cap. I choose to set it on top, then push it in with my mouth while sucking the air back thru. Ugh, that just sounds weird. But by sucking out the air, I'm not pushing it down thru.

Good point SS. I like most guys I think don't often put the ends together like you did. But if the guy's too special to waste his time waiting on the guys with white hats to help him out, maybe we should decide we're all to busy with our own lives to bother taking the time to help him?

I tend to favor erring on the helpful side but you raise a good point, as long as we keep feeding those who disrespect us they're sure not likely to go away or stop making selfish demands. "Doesn't work and play well with others" comes to mind.....

Thanks.

OF

Grabbed my interest so i searched. Dude was trolling after getting banned under a previous name (VapeLifeWill or something). Pretty sure he does those terrible YouTube vape reviews.

Best not to feed the trolls in this case.

Yup. Rewarding bad behavior doesn't work well with cats either I come to find out.......

Good catch, I hope it's the last we see of him unless/until he changes his ways.....in which case we'll probably not recognize him?

Thanks again.

OF

Thanks guys!! Just hated to see anyone waste time replying to a not-nice, not-respectful person, who wasn't here in the spirit of the board.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I’ve settled on 5.9v for now with the Iron Man Budder that I’m vaping. @ataxian you should love being able to dial in maximum flavor! Cloud chasers can increase power to whatever level they can stand. Me, I’m a pleasure chaser!

Hedo

Hedo:

I use 2 x 3.0 v batteries with carts and love it.
2 x 18350's (AW) for the BENDER and HERCULES.

I do a lot of things unorthodox however I may have different needs than most.
The IRIS was something I wanted for sure however discontinued.
My next option is the COIL.
That will be useful.

The HERCULES SR 71 I load 0.1 gram at a time.
I plan to clean it with 99% ISO every 5 grams or so.
To take it apart and boil I'll pass as I'm afraid to mess it up!

I have 2 SR 71's so I might set the other one up with BLACK ROD?

Some of the new attachments I will have to get as well.

It never ends!

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
My next option is the COIL.
That will be useful.

Do you mean the Core? Or is G working on yet another killer product?
If you meant the Core, I agree, cannot wait till this comes out.

Black rod and adjustable spring(to keep for a spare) just arrived. Now I have to go vape .5g out of my Herc, so I can then clean it and try the new rod. All in the name of :science:!!!

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: ataxian
Hey guys, long time Persei User here. I've been using and loving my Persei after mastering the 1.5ohm and 5ohm cartridges at their respective voltages, I'm no longer burning out or clogging my cartridges.

I recently bought a SR-71 from W9 Tech, it came with the stainless steel cap, a white rod (7.6v) , and a black rod (3.6v). I've read nearly every single post in this thread (no exaggeration) and watched every SR-71 assembly video on youtube, but for the life of me I can't get my SR-71 to work.

I've put about .3g of some shatter and .4g of some blonde crumble on top of a uncut oil coil. First I assembled the SR-71 with the 7.6v white rod, the unit did not get hot, and it broke my 2 imr 18350 batteries (no longer powers anything...) and broke my single top (serial # 3507). My internal battery spring is fine and undamaged. The light on the single top functions, but it will no longer power my 5ohm cartridges. 3.6v 800MaH.

I took apart the SR-71 and inserted a black 3.6v rod and paired it with a imr 18650 battery and my functional dual top. Still no vapor production, my BHO is not getting warm, it is only saturated into the oil coil because I applied some heat with a jet lighter. After countless reassembles of the SR-71 I still have yet to get a hit, the unit used to warm up but now I can't even get it to do that. My dual top and imr 18650 battery are both fine.

This has been an absolute PITA, I'm eager to get this working but I am completely stumped after 4-5 hours of tinkering and scouring the web for any information, any ideas? I tried plugging in the SR-71 directly into the persei (without the insulator) and it still wont warm up. I'm guessing its an issue with the heating element but I'm honestly stuck and frustrated.

Any ideas guys? Is this improper assembly or hardware failure? I'm not sure if its relevant to know, but I purchased my Persei at Revolution Health Center in San Jose, California, whom I believe is an authorized Persei dealer (unlike eBay).

Cut your coil to just above or flush with your rod (about 40%). Disassemble the Hercules , clean, call W9 Tech and have them walk you through reassembly.
Seems like good advice, but I don't understand how cutting the cool will help since the unit doesn't even get warm at all. I'll cut it once I get the sr-71 working first. Any ideas why my sr-71 isn't generating any heat?

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Seems like good advice, but I don't understand how cutting the cool will help since the unit doesn't even get warm at all. I'll cut it once I get the sr-71 working first. Any ideas why my sr-71 isn't generating any heat?
I don't think he was saying that was the complete "fix". It was the combo of all things he said to do. Cut the coil, then disassemble and clean, then call W9Tech to walk through disassemble. Not just cut coil and youre good to go. I think this is a common thing for new users as I am one also, and had the same problems a few pages back. Minus the killing of the batteries and the single top.
Come to think of it, I would just contact W9Tech since the top and batteries were already damaged, hate to see more get messed up. Best of luck to you.

Top Bottom