Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Hedonismbot

So, I’ve been using my old Iris with my SR-71 for the past day. The SR-71 with a white heating rod running at 6v is roughly equivalent to the black rod running at 3.7v in terms of power dissipation. The result has been a much tamer Herc. I’m sure a lot of people will like running at a lower power level. The only negative I’ve found is that it takes a few more seconds for the Herc to start producing vapor.

I remembered the Iris can also tell you the power being used and the resistance of your cartridge. It says the resistance is 1.5 ohms (which is correct for the white rod). The power level (at 6v) starts at 24w and almost immediately drops down to 21w.

I just want to point out that with high power/high current devices running at low voltages parasitic resistances can become a problem. For instance, if a connection (like the spring to the battery or the center pin connection in a 601 fitting) is not clean & tight it may develop a small amount of resistance. When you’re current is 5 amps even a 0.1 ohm resistance due to a poor connection is 2.5 watts wasted (as heat). So when you clean your Persei/Herc make sure to clean all the electrical contacts with a little iso and make sure all the connections are snug.

Does anyone remember what the power level of the blue rod was?

Hedo

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Hey folks, can anyone recommend a good digital multimeter? A few posts back i was having some issues and quite a few members asked if I had one to use. I guess it probably wouldn't hurt to have one around the house anyway. I don't want to spend a ton on this, any recommended brands/models? I trust all these Electrical Genius minds around here(OF & G to name names, lol). Thanks!!

the guy at the store was great. replaced my Persei and got my Herc set up right.
i was so happy i spent more money there. I got the SS tube set and some Omicron stuff that could have waited.
At least you weren't a procrastinator about it:tup:

Silver420Surfer,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
OF is the electrical genius I'm just a guy who hears voices.

Any DMM should work they cost from $7-a few grand I would say around 20-30 would get you a decent one that can check ohms and volts.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Caligula

Aaron

Do you guys still carry the atomizer cartridges for the e-juice tanks? I don't see any listed on the new site.

Aaron,

OF

Wow! 7 Function Digital Multimeter for $3! I don't know about the quality but the price is amazing.

I wouldn't worry too much, they're pretty solid little units, I usually have several kicking around. I've lost or given away maybe a dozen over the years (I keep the good ones on the bench....), they usually don't stick around long enough to kill a battery in fact.

In fact, I just ordered a couple more since I'm down to two...... Ironically, shipping is more than purchase.

IMO worth way more than 3 bucks. They should easily solve most any troubleshooting task you come up against.

OF

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
I wouldn't worry too much, they're pretty solid little units, I usually have several kicking around. I've lost or given away maybe a dozen over the years (I keep the good ones on the bench....), they usually don't stick around long enough to kill a battery in fact.

In fact, I just ordered a couple more since I'm down to two...... Ironically, shipping is more than purchase.

IMO worth way more than 3 bucks. They should easily solve most any troubleshooting task you come up against.

OF
What a glowing endorsement for a product! Even if I didn't need one,I'd be snatching one up anyway. Sounds like you just use the FUCK out of these things!(Picturing a Ron Swanson type guy, just mulitmetering this shit outta stuff). :clap:

I know exactly where I'll be going tomorrow morning to buy $6.50 in quarters worth of multimeters.
I still won't know how to use it, but I am sure it will come with great instructions.
In my head I am already multimetering like nobodys business with my soon to be new tool...right there next to OF.

Hedonismbot

What a glowing endorsement for a product! Even if I didn't need one,I'd be snatching one up anyway. Sounds like you just use the FUCK out of these things!(Picturing a Ron Swanson type guy, just mulitmetering this shit outta stuff). :clap:

I know exactly where I'll be going tomorrow morning to buy $6.50 in quarters worth of multimeters.
I still won't know how to use it, but I am sure it will come with great instructions.
In my head I am already multimetering like nobodys business with my soon to be new tool...right there next to OF.

:lol::lol::lol: This is comedy gold! at least for us nerds. Thanks for the laugh!

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
Never knew that. Mostly used it just for 3.7 anyways, was never much of a 7.4v user.

Could even a minor gap between This piece (the piece that the rod screws into to) and the black base cause a short? Though i believe it was fully assembled i never knew (the piece that the rod screws into with the white piece) could come out. The video was kind of fuzzy and hard to tell what everything is.

And now with the video (webcam September 3rd) watched over 5 times and the sr71 assembly watched about 5 as well, i reassembled the entire thing. Even before i retested with Multimeter (Commercial Electric model MAS830B [ red lead in center, black lead on right] {dial at 200 OHM})
It is reading out .3.

I have no fucking idea. But its rather irritating i blew the battery and screw cap. And its reading out below what it should. Maybe i messed up in the beginning, maybe i messed up now, or maybe its messed up.

I have the old stock 18350's and the original persei tube. I guess thats the next step. test on there and shit, maybe my luck will change. that or ill end up blowing my single top to add to tonight excitement.:bang:
@Porq, actually if it's the part I think your talking about, I'm pretty sure there NEEDS to be a gap in between the screw on collar part that holds the rod in place in the top chamber and the metal prongs that the heating rod goes into in the bottom chamber! If your not careful and u mess with the screws in the bottom teflon insulator, it could cause the rod to push further into the metal prongs, and if the metal from those prongs connects with the metal from the screw on collar that holds the rod into the top chamber, it will cause it to short and the batteries to get hot and vent. I blew both my old tops b4 I realized that that had to be what caused it! I always make sure that I insert the heating rod into the top chamber until the top silver part is in contact with the metal in the top chamber and then I tighten the collar really tight so the rod don't move at all. That's really important!! And then I screw the bottom chamber to the top chamber tightly, which should put the other silver part of the heating rod perfectly into place in contact with the bottom metal prongs. Then, if u followed my instructions correctly, u should be all set. It worked for me so I hope this helps u and everyone else out too.

Vapoholic420,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Caligula

Maximus
Edit: I'm sure what I just deleted was going to get some attention from mods since its OT.

@THC SCIENTIFIC what's the ETA on the LAYG carts? Also any news on redesigned oil coils and/or bottom PTFE insulators?

jpdnkstr

LAyG cart on the left for Ophos, and on the right for the Omicron Light, Omicron V2.xx and Persei 3.7v setup.

Will the ophos style Layg fit Omi V1? Just curious because I still have a few of those laying around, I was going to give to a couple friends with the Load as you go cart.

jpdnkstr,
Top Bottom