Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
http://imgur.com/M1Pplok
It ain't no blackbird tho...
I tried the same thing however just used a cheap low income power source.

Used it for some dirty wax I needed to get rid of.
Doesn't even come close to the effect of a BLACK BIRD!
The Black Bird (SR71) is like a Ferrari!
I even like my OMICRON with a 2.4 cart a lot more than than this cheap device!

Back to technology!

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't think it maters?

There have been a few modifications along the way.
Looks like the product is ready to fly!
Oh i know it doesnt matter i was just wondering.

Herc is working like a champ now. Taking it out with me today for the first time (mainly been using it at home) and will see how that goes.

How do you guys keep it in your pockets, im worried about leaking as I had that issue when i was standing it upright after using it which i could see being a problem with taking it out and about.

Im guessing Ill just unscrew the herc and store it sideways in my pocket as best i can and see how it goes...

Are there any good smallish cases that could fit just a persei and the herc out there?

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Oh i know it doesn't matter i was just wondering.

(mainly been using it at home) and will see how that goes.
You have to forgive the way I word things!

I vape at home as well.

When I go portable I use a shorty with a 2.4 cart filled with 0.6 grams blonde well purged clean wax.

The HERCULES is for the backyard with the BENDER.
Even the OMICRON is a great travel companion!
The OPHOS is so stealth! (can take rips without anyone getting suspicious!

It would be fun to take the HERCULES SR71 on a walk a bout!
Let me know what you come up with?
In the winter dressed in all BLACK and sporting a SR71 would be impressive!

WAKE & VAKE!

ataxian,

Caligula

Maximus
I've been storing it in my pocket with the Hercules detached (sideways). Seems to be fine although I've got it loaded with shatter ATM so that will reduce leaking when warmed by body heat. IDK if I'd carry it like this with PG loaded up in it. Could always put it in a Ziploc too just in case.

Last edited:

cannaman559

Oh i know it doesnt matter i was just wondering.

Herc is working like a champ now. Taking it out with me today for the first time (mainly been using it at home) and will see how that goes.

How do you guys keep it in your pockets, im worried about leaking as I had that issue when i was standing it upright after using it which i could see being a problem with taking it out and about.

Im guessing Ill just unscrew the herc and store it sideways in my pocket as best i can and see how it goes...

Are there any good smallish cases that could fit just a persei and the herc out there?

I just use a plain ego case like this one.
http://imgur.com/O3Ge51j
http://imgur.com/WCP3yrd
Hasnt leaked on me yet. Ive been loading puregold all week

OF

hey everyone you know how bob loblaw showed us that with the long ss tube we can change our persei to use two 18650's, well apparently if you use the regular persei tube with the short (not long) ss tube you can make ur persei accept two 18490's. titties!

I think what you're thinking of is one the tubes from the mini kit. You screw the longer one between your factory Persei tube and the head.

OF

OF

@THC SCIENTIFIC said not to do that IIRC. doesn't leave room for the batteries to drop if the spring compresses due to a short.

Bob, are you being naughty......again?

I thought I saw G point it out as a feature a while ago, but could easily be wrong. I'd think that by properly adjusting the (still there) spring plate this would be taken care of?

Perhaps it was 'don't use it for 7.4 Volts with two 18350s'? That would be longer than the shorter tube and end cap are set up for I think.

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
As long as the battery top is adjusted level with the top of the tube and the spring plate is in good shape - its should be just like a single tube stock Persei. It don't know - well except the battery mass/weight to hold which should compress the spring safety feature quicker maybe :)

Been a good week, my SR-71's are kicking my bum. That new coil size is awesome. Amazing how such a small change can yield such results. Had a full size coil fully load and cut into 3 pieces. One I just reclaimed the oil cause it was too small. The other two fit right at the rod top. 8 second cold start, massive hit for 15 seconds then cool down. Wow. 24 hours later and have not added anything to the 1st coil. All I have used...

Received my replacement top for my broken single head today and a new 2.4 ohm omicron cart was in the package. Wow for the cost of shipping it back, like $2...

Sold a Leica camera, a huge woodmaster drum sander (trying to sale that baby for awhile) and a ATV, plus grabbed some new glass.

Life is good :D

Last edited:

vaporchaser420

just wanted to thank thc-scientific just got my tops back and they threw in a free 2.4 ohm cart, thanks G, you guys are the best, now got to get the sr-71 ready for take off

edit: it works, almost instaneous, nail size hits, I'm haven't been this medicated in a long time, It's actually making me a little nauseus,....crap can't even spell right, if your sr-71 experience isn't similar theres something your not doing right, I think I'm going to go and travel through space and time now, thanks again G amazing product.

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
hey everyone you know how bob loblaw showed us that with the long ss tube we can change our persei to use two 18650's, well apparently if you use the regular persei tube with the short (not long) ss tube you can make ur persei accept two 18490's. titties!
Yes Bob is a very bad influence isn't he. I use the SS I won from him (2nd place no less and he still gave it to me aka drug dealer :) ) and the standard Persei tube, two 18650 AW batteries, single top and the SR-71. It lasts and lasts and lasts. It is the energizer bunny of med power supplies...

Have big issues using those 18350's now, used to the major power with 2 18650's...

Oh, Bob is such a bad influence, I am wreaked for life, my standards have been forever raised...

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You have to forgive the way I word things!

I vape at home as well.

When I go portable I use a shorty with a 2.4 cart filled with 0.6 grams blonde well purged clean wax.

The HERCULES is for the backyard with the BENDER.
Even the OMICRON is a great travel companion!
The OPHOS is so stealth! (can take rips without anyone getting suspicious!

It would be fun to take the HERCULES SR71 on a walk a bout!
Let me know what you come up with?
In the winter dressed in all BLACK and sporting a SR71 would be impressive!

WAKE & VAKE!
Had it out and about with me all day, instant huge hits. I did have a couple of times when I would screw the hercules on and press the button but it didnt seem to produce anything or even get hot really.

Unscrewing and screwing the herc back on seemed to fix that problem though. Only happened twice out of the 6 hits or so i attempted today.(not sure if that was the issue or i just needed to preheat it a little before inhaling but either way it seemed to fix it)

Im going to be honest here, when I traded for the herc/persei i was mainly interested in it as a back up to my cera. The more and more i use and get the hang of it though, the harder and harder it gets for me to choose which one to use and/or bring with me...

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Im going to be honest here, when I traded for the herc/persei i was mainly interested in it as a back up to my cera. The more and more i use and get the hang of it though, the harder and harder it gets for me to choose which one to use and/or bring with me...

Funny I was so curious on trying the CERA however a few people that I respect were so vague in a PM and no real comments so I gave it a rest. Now with two HERCULES SR71 in my possession I will loaded them up with GODS GIFT BLONDE Double Purged Wax, Then OG, OG PLATINUM, WHITE WIDOW. I have been waiting to do this for almost a year now. (the material is fresh) The time has come. I know collecting vaporizers is addicting like gambling. I hate gambling. CANNABIS is why we vaporize. Not the other way around.

I have so much variety with the W9 TECH Line.

My focus is on the PLANT.

W9 TECH makes products to enjoy our consumption of this wonderful plant!

Have a nice week end!

asimplebeast

I got hooked up with an SR-71 through work. Following the instructions in this thread there were no problems getting it up and running. You get as much medicine as you can handle in a single inhale, the closest experience to dabbing I've had from a vape. The ability to vaporize herb convection at the same time is an awesome feature, too. I loaded up a full gram of bubba kush shatter, dropped in a screen and topped the cart up with some sweet island skunk flowers, tasted like fruit loops. With full AW batteries my girlfriend and I went for a walk and vaped non-stop. When we got home we continued to vape thick clouds. Super impressive, well done!

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I got hooked up with an SR-71 through work. Following the instructions in this thread there were no problems getting it up and running. You get as much medicine as you can handle in a single inhale, the closest experience to dabbing I've had from a vape. The ability to vaporize herb convection at the same time is an awesome feature, too. I loaded up a full gram of bubba kush shatter, dropped in a screen and topped the cart up with some sweet island skunk flowers, tasted like fruit loops. With full AW batteries my girlfriend and I went for a walk and vaped non-stop. When we got home we continued to vape thick clouds. Super impressive, well done!
Glad it worked out for you. Have tried that method twice, both times before i got the hang of the Herc. First time works great although i did get mostly whispy hits. Second time worked better but when i opened it up the leaf and screen were completey covered in oil. Did you open it up after and check?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Glad it worked out for you. Have tried that method twice, both times before i got the hang of the Herc. First time works great although i did get mostly whispy hits. Second time worked better but when i opened it up the leaf and screen were completey covered in oil. Did you open it up after and check?

Think of the Hercules sr 71 vaporizing herbs like a fractional distillation.

The herbs inside the cart provide more surface area in which compounds that require higher temperatures are converted back into liquid. This makes sure that the vapor you get is pure.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Think of the Hercules sr 71 vaporizing herbs like a fractional distillation.

The herbs inside the cart provide more surface area in which compounds that require higher temperatures are converted back into liquid. This makes sure that the vapor you get is pure.
So does that mean if i left the oiled up leaf in the cart instead of removing it.. And kept using it, the oil would eventually have melted back down or vaporized leaving just the vaporized herb?

Caligula

Maximus
@THC SCIENTIFIC
Thoughts as to why my Hercules will stop heating randomly between uses? Disassembling and reassembling fixes the issue but it'll crop up again once in a while. I made sure it wasn't a battery power or adjustment plate issue already. I'm assuming something power wise is losing contact somewhere...

Also what type and size screens are people using when putting flowers on the oil coil?

Last edited:
Top Bottom