Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Let me be the first to pass on my condolences & sympathy for you and your family! Family is always first and I know what I ts like to lose ones closest to you.... so take time... And we will look forward to your friendly guidance in the near future.

On another note took my oil soaked coil cut it 60/40 roughly (sharper scissorsyou use the better!) And I have to say this thing had me coughing in under a minute on the stock batts!!! I did leave the ptfe sheath off while testing. I will try again with the sheath but I have to say so far so good!especially with the stock batteries.... So relieved at the moment!
Thanks G for going the extra mile!
Very sorry for your loss, @BLAZING OG .

UPDATE: On a positive note, cutting the coil has indeed fixed the problem with the SR-71 and I couldn't be happier. Thanks @THC SCIENTIFIC! It's refreshing to know that some of us weren't going crazy. Looks like it's time to pre-order the Core and wait for the Nibbler XL to ship. Any estimate on when the Nibblers go out? That plus the SR-71 will equal tasty destruction. :ko:
HOLY COW!
Family First.

Bless you brother!

Kind regards,

ataxian
@BLAZING OG sorry to hear brother.

@everyone else, ill do a write up when I get some free time tonight or tomorrow.

Lol can we make a Hercules thread?

sorry for your loss. let us know if their is anything we can do. thoughts are with you
Sorry for the late reply, but I'd like to thank you all for having me in your thoughts and all the uplifting comments.
I have a lot of catching up to do but I am glad to hear of all the successful SR-71 launch off's (lol).

Amazing Herc write-up's gentlemen.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Glad to see ya back OG

Taking off isn't the hard part with the SR-71. Its the landings that are a blue-eyed red headed bitch.
I think my landing gear strut is bent and lost two tires already. Aways nice to have people laugh at you as you bounce on the runway a few times landing. Embarrassing to say the least.

Last edited:

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Glad to see ya back OG

Taking off isn't the hard part with the SR-71. Its the landings that are a blue-eyed red headed bitch.
I think my landing gear strut is bent and lost to tires already. Aways nice to have people laugh at you as you bounce on the runway a few times landing. Embarrassing to say the least.

Thanks PR ,I needed that.
:rofl::lmao::rofl:
I had to crash land a few times before I figured it out.

Might have to look into my landing gear as well!!

Darb

Has anybody been able to get their Herc working without the stainless tops? My tops were sent to the wrong mailing address and I'd like to get these things working.

Darb,

Cheerful Dub

Spaced Station
You need to have the original mouthpiece screen retainer backed off towards the heating chamber, so that it interfaces against the little stainless steel washer, eliminating any gap between their mating surfaces.

Called up W9T yesterday and got the new tops & o-rings for the Nibbler XL on the way, huzzah for great customer service :clap: very excited :love:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Okay so did a little playing around already.

The blue rod with just leaf, is just so-so right now, got a few decent hits, the rest are either whispy or non existant. Considering herbs was more of an afterthought with the herc, pretty decent job. Im assuming it will be much much better when the Iris V2 top is released. Cant wait for that.

Tried the blue rod with some leaf, and oils sandwhiched. Wow! Much better results. Still not perfect but defintely pretty good. Its also much easier to just throw some herbs and oil in there rather than having to load the coil, throw a screen it, throw herbs on top etc...it was also just as easy or easier to clean up afterwards....

Tried the red/black rod as well with a 30% coil. And all i can say is boy do we have a winner here! While you definitely get bigger clouds and easier with the white rod, it is almost as easy to obtain compareable sized hits that just taste so amazing i cant even put it into words. By far the best taste ive ever gotten out of oil with any devices ive used in the past.

So my initial impressions so far...
if your mainly thinking about leaf/herbs, your probably better off waiting for the Iris to come out.(dont have one, so I cant say for sure, but from what i hear its the missing link)
If your mainly doing leaf and want to mix oil, the blue rod is a good option now although it takes a little to get the hang of it, and as of now probably requires a little bit of oil to get decent results (so if you dont have oil its probably not for you, yet...)
If your mainly doing oil and want the option to throw leaf in the white rod is the way to go.
If your strictly oil, cant go wrong with either the white or black/red rods. but man will you enjoy the black/red rod. Have only tried it once so far but i dont think my opinions will change anytime soon.

I also really prefer the one 18650 rather than the 2 18350 batteries. Its just more convenient and less to worry about. If only there was an 18650 7.4V battery....

Last edited:

tharealmclovin

318847_493810740639942_1936014597_n.jpg

who ever posted this the first time, i love it man.
When I saw that I thought D9V. Now it just explains the numbers in the iris for noobs.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Its a little bit cheaper right now. After shipping Planet Vape totals to $137.92 whereas W9tech totals $151.28.

When they were first released G provided a discount code that brought the price down to 119$

Gotcha. Thanks for the good info! :tup:

kindbeats,
Reactions: Caligula

air_zonk

Hey guys ... I bought a Hercules 71 on a friends recommendation right after they came out. Well it's awesome and I love it... except for one big problem.

The first day I got it i didn't understan how to put it together and zapped my single head top. I've been using it on just my dual head top since I got it but I just zapped my dual head too.... long day after work, keep having troubles with the bottom insulator for some reason, main hercules unit always registers 1.7 on the multimeter but once I attach that bottom insulator theres no knowing if it'll be a short, 1.7, 0.00, or 20+ and climbing... Anyway I was messing with the screws on the bottom insulator and forgot to tighen one up far enough and the head went zap.

Ok so here is where my real problem is, despite the fact that now I won't be able to hit my hercules for days :(...

I bought my persei used. So I don't have any warranty on it. Is there any way I can get replacement heads without buying a whole new $199 Persei? Can I buy the tops from the man himself?

Please let me know! Hercules does amazing things for my medicinal needs and I want to get back up and running ASAP :(

air_zonk,
Reactions: Caligula

SlideOrDie

@THC SCIENTIFIC

Ok... so I finally got my replacement bottom connector today and got it all sanitized and properly assembled and it's up and running! HELL YES!

Cold to full glow in 13-15 seconds and I already did the break in procedure 5x 20s on and 20s off

Excited as a pig in shit, I went to go cut my coils and have completely fubard 2 of them. I'm nervous as hell to attempt cutting the last one. This is very annoying considering they cost me $20 and 2 of my three are already fucked and I'm unable to get more of them... Kinda pissed :mad:

Does anyone here have any tips regarding the best way to cut the coil properly/cleanly as this is my last one and I CAN NOT afford to fuck this up or I'm out $ again and will be shit out of luck and basically be back to square one with a non operational herc :(

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC

Ok... so I finally got my replacement bottom connector today and got it all sanitized and properly assembled and it's up and running! HELL YES!

Cold to full glow in 13-15 seconds and I already did the break in procedure 5x 20s on and 20s off

Excited as a pig in shit, I went to go cut my coils and have completely fubard 2 of them. I'm nervous as hell to attempt cutting the last one. This is very annoying considering they cost me $20 and 2 of my three are already fucked and I'm unable to get more of them... Kinda pissed :mad:

Does anyone here have any tips regarding the best way to cut the coil properly/cleanly as this is my last one and I CAN NOT afford to fuck this up or I'm out $ again and will be shit out of luck and basically be back to square one with a non operational herc :(
My one coil came cut about 50% already, but to get it to about a 30% coil i used a small scissors and kinda cut it down a little bit at a time, going around the coil as i was cutting if that makes sense. The coil definitely became less stable and is easily stretched apart, but i just smushed it back to form in between two fingers and that seemed to do the trick.

Could always extend the tube and run two 18650s @ 7.4v?
Yeah thanks for the tip, but that still requires two batteries. I was getting at i really want one battery that is 7.4 volts. That way i dont have to worry about keeping them paired, charging them together, having one go ruining the other battery etc....thats really the only issue i have with the white 7.4V rod. Along with a little bit of a harsh taste (with a 30% coil at least).

But man, its almost impossible to get a harsh taste with the red/black rod. Nothing but smooth extremely tasty vapor. Also no itchy/scratchy throat afterwards. Seriously though you can ride the button as long as you want, get pretty huge clouds, and nothing but tasty vapor. Its awesome. I cant put it down.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
I suggest just loading the bottom half of your uncut coil (do it outside the Hercules). Make sure you soak at lest the bottom 1/4 of the coil completely but no more than the bottom half. Be sure to reinsert the loaded coil wax side down. Also be sure to press it firmly down on its base. Start with slow draws then hit it hard. @SlideOrDie

Last edited:

SlideOrDie

I suggest just loading the bottom half of your uncut coil (do it outside the Hercules). Make sure you soak st lest the bottom 1/4 of the coil completely but no more than the bottom half. Be sure to reinsert the loaded coil wax side down. Also be sure to press it firmly down on its base. Start with slow draws then hit it hard. @SlideOrDie

From what I've read and been told by the boss man I should definitely have a short coil since all of my concentrates are very stable shatters.

My one coil came cut about 50% already, but to get it to about a 30% coil i used a small scissors and kinda cut it down a little bit at a time, going around the coil as i was cutting if that makes sense. The coil definitely became less stable and is easily stretched apart, but i just smushed it back to form in between two fingers and that seemed to do the trick.

I guess the utility blade and scissors I used were too dull, the coils were completely fucked, all crushed and stretched/falling apart.

I going to go run out and snag a new pair of scissors from the store quickly before I attempt cutting my last coil.

SlideOrDie,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Hey guys ... I bought a Hercules 71 on a friends recommendation right after they came out. Well it's awesome and I love it... except for one big problem.

The first day I got it i didn't understan how to put it together and zapped my single head top. I've been using it on just my dual head top since I got it but I just zapped my dual head too.... long day after work, keep having troubles with the bottom insulator for some reason, main hercules unit always registers 1.7 on the multimeter but once I attach that bottom insulator theres no knowing if it'll be a short, 1.7, 0.00, or 20+ and climbing... Anyway I was messing with the screws on the bottom insulator and forgot to tighen one up far enough and the head went zap.

Ok so here is where my real problem is, despite the fact that now I won't be able to hit my hercules for days :(...

I bought my persei used. So I don't have any warranty on it. Is there any way I can get replacement heads without buying a whole new $199 Persei? Can I buy the tops from the man himself?

Please let me know! Hercules does amazing things for my medicinal needs and I want to get back up and running ASAP :(
Yeah ,you should be able to buy a warranty for the persei, or you can call and see if they can sell you the tops.
I recommend the first option, which would give you warranty and new tops.
@THC SCIENTIFIC

I used some really sharp snips and it worked flawlessly, my second one I cut with regular scissors and then trimmed and positioned the coil back to its original shape the best that I could.
You can trim away pieces sticking out and then bend the rest into place , as long as you have the shape and the coil slips over the rod you should be okay.

I remove the handle from the coil by pulling in reverse, and then I cut coil then re insert the handle backwards.

My coil's top is flush with the top of the ceramic rod, but I think its recommended to cut coil so its a slight bit above the heat rod.

Full oil coil = Pure gold or similar consistency's
50% to 30% oil coil = for waxes and budders
30% to 20% oil coil = for shatters and very thick EO

SlideOrDie

I used some really sharp snips and it worked flawlessly, my second one I cut with regular scissors and then trimmed and positioned the coil back to its original shape the best that I could.
You can trim away pieces sticking out and then bend the rest into place , as long as you have the shape and the coil slips over the rod you should be okay.

I remove the handle from the coil by pulling in reverse, and then I cut coil then re insert the handle backwards.

My coil's top is flush with the top of the ceramic rod, but I think its recommended to cut coil so its a slight bit above the heat rod.

Full oil coil = Pure gold or similar consistency's
50% to 30% oil coil = for waxes and budders
30% to 20% oil coil = for shatters and very thick EO

Yeah, I'm going to head out now and get some new scissors. Wish me luck because I'm seriously fucked if I screw this last one up. Wish we didn't have to mod the coils considering the price/availability of them :(

Caligula

Maximus
My point was that you can use the bottom load method until you get more coils to try cutting. that way you can use it now and not worry about your Hercules being MIA for a while. This technique should work with your shatter just fine. I used it with some cherry shatter last week. @SlideOrDie

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yeah, I'm going to head out now and get some new scissors. Wish me luck because I'm seriously fucked if I screw this last one up. Wish we didn't have to mod the coils considering the price/availability of them :(
I have confidence that you will succeed.
I do agree, the coils work great its just that recently it was proven to work that much better with thicker EO.
I completely understand your situation.

My point was that you can use the bottom load method until you get more coils to try cutting. that way you can use it now and not worry about your Hercules being MIA for a while. This technique should work with your shatter just fine. I used it with some cherry shatter last week. @SlideOrDie
@Caligula , has a great point ,instead of cutting your last coil just load it from the bottom and you bypass the whole top of the oil coil so essentially like you're using a 20% or 30% cut oil coil.
This would also eliminate spending more money on scissors.
:tup:

air_zonk

Oh also weird question haha.

I cleaned my herc 71 out by boiling every 5 or 6 times i loaded it or if performance wasnt as good and I could tell it needed some cleaning.

Anyway usually I would just throw the whole thing in some boiling distiled water just cause I wantto start using it again. If i'm not in such a rush I like to soak it in isopropyl for a good long time.

Anyway here's my question. A couple times ago when i cleaned it out, I honestly have no idea what I did. I did a long iso soak and then boiled everything off. THe I don't remember at all what I did, all I remember is that I had a ton of reclaim lying in the bottom of my saucepan when I took all ther Herc components out.

I just wanna know what I did so I can clean it like that again and harvest all that reclaim at once... haha I don't doubt that maybe I just emptied the water inthere and then put the stuff back in ther saucepan to dry? I have no idea. But if someone's done something like this let me know how.

PS I didnt see anything about blue or red/black ceramic rods when lookin on w9tech just now. How do i get one of these.

air_zonk,

air_zonk

Also what is the bottom load method and how does it work? I dont mind cutting of some of my coils but interested to hear how this works

air_zonk,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Oh also weird question haha.

I cleaned my herc 71 out by boiling every 5 or 6 times i loaded it or if performance wasnt as good and I could tell it needed some cleaning.

Anyway usually I would just throw the whole thing in some boiling distiled water just cause I wantto start using it again. If i'm not in such a rush I like to soak it in isopropyl for a good long time.

Anyway here's my question. A couple times ago when i cleaned it out, I honestly have no idea what I did. I did a long iso soak and then boiled everything off. THe I don't remember at all what I did, all I remember is that I had a ton of reclaim lying in the bottom of my saucepan when I took all ther Herc components out.

I just wanna know what I did so I can clean it like that again and harvest all that reclaim at once... haha I don't doubt that maybe I just emptied the water inthere and then put the stuff back in ther saucepan to dry? I have no idea. But if someone's done something like this let me know how.

PS I didnt see anything about blue or red/black ceramic rods when lookin on w9tech just now. How do i get one of these.

The herc is made to be able to fully take apart and reclaim your reclaim (pun intended).
If you heated the herc without inhaling it is possible your Essential oils liquefied and leaked into the bottom heat rod chamber. Just remove the oil coil before cleaning unless you want the oil coil clean to(fist time priming of oil coil requires at least a .5 on a full size oil coil).
Then just evap your iso and collect your reclaim.
I do believe the w9tech is still adding things to the new website, but a blue heat rod for herbs @ 3.7v is available & a not yet re-leased red/black rod is a 3.7v also but for Essential oils.

Top Bottom