Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey G,

Howre the 1701's doing? Last two things we heard was there was an issue with airflow, and then that there is about 1000 going into production. Where is production at now?

I will know more next week as going from prototype to production takes a little time to get molds for the ceramic parts.

And the Glass on Glass vape is in the thread candidates.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
To any who may not know this, Futurama has ceased. Series finale aired yesterday. But Matt Groening says he doesnt want it to end. So it may come around again, later. But they will be making a Simpsons episode in which Futurama characters/universe crosses over into the Simpson universe. COOL!

Last edited:

ludwig

I will know more next week as going from prototype to production takes a little time to get molds for the ceramic parts.

And the Glass on Glass vape is in the thread candidates.

The Vection/Duction 420 will be a standalone unit? Not an attachment for the Persei?

I was hesitant on getting the Persei, a bubbler with nail, or a dabbler style pen. After some research and I decided to go with a bubbler set up. Not even a week of dabbing with it, I walk in my living room, my roommate was like Uh, I put down the torch and it fell over and knocked over the bubbler breaking my dome- when I pull the dome off, the GONG on my bubbler as cracked. I told my roommate he gotta pay up for it. "Oh, I don't have money, I'll pay it back later when I can get the money" Few hours later, he makes a pick up for a bag and still says I have no money.

Now i know who not to loan my equipment.

With my bubbler out of commission and have to wait until he pays me back then I'm definitely giving Persei or what you might have up your sleeve a hard look and avoiding glass set ups for now.

I've been looking all over, I would really want to see how SR-71 works with herbs? Any videos of loading it up with herbs? In action? Any shots of how the ABV looks on it? Persei/SR-71 set up is the one im keepijng my eye on.

ludwig,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The Vection/Duction 420 will be a standalone unit? Not an attachment for the Persei?

I was hesitant on getting the Persei, a bubbler with nail, or a dabbler style pen. After some research and I decided to go with a bubbler set up. Not even a week of dabbing with it, I walk in my living room, my roommate was like Uh, I put down the torch and it fell over and knocked over the bubbler breaking my dome- when I pull the dome off, the GONG on my bubbler as cracked. I told my roommate he gotta pay up for it. "Oh, I don't have money, I'll pay it back later when I can get the money" Few hours later, he makes a pick up for a bag and still says I have no money.

With my bubbler out of commission and have to wait until he pays me back then I'm definitely giving Persei or what you might have up your sleeve a hard look and avoiding glass set ups for now.

I've been looking all over, I would really want to see how SR-71 works with herbs? Any videos of loading it up with herbs? In action? Any shots of how the ABV looks on it? Persei/SR-71 set up is the one im keepijng my eye on.

Well to make it work with herbs you would need the blue rod, load it up without the coil, and heat the button up for a few seconds and just pulse it a few times. Ill do a video tomorrow or saturday just to show you.

On a side note guys.

StepInToSpace

I finally found a minute to call in today about finally getting my Hercules replacement and was met by rude customer service who didn't help at all. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, she asked for my phone number so 'shipping' could call me back in just a minute when they were off the phone. Of course, no one called me back. I'll try again tomorrow, but for a purchase in December, you'd think they'd be a tad friendlier.

StepInToSpace,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Note to self and all other Iris users. Even if your Iris is turned off and locked, do not leave your carts on your Persei. I took my dog on a walk tonight and had my Persei, fitted with its Iris top and a beautiful SR-71 in my pocket. Apparently, the batteries were able to move just enough for the Iris to reset, turning itself back on and then off again (overriding the five button press locking feature) without my knowledge.

Now, as many of you Iris users may know, it automatically provides power to the cart for a good five seconds whenever it is turned off. So basically, the SR-71 took flight in my pocket several times without anyone in the cockpit. :doh: I'm just glad the Herc is built like a fucking tank! God only knows how many times the Iris gave the cart full power, yet the oil still tastes delcious! :D

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I finally found a minute to call in today about finally getting my Hercules replacement and was met by rude customer service who didn't help at all. After putting me on hold for a few minutes, she asked for my phone number so 'shipping' could call me back in just a minute when they were off the phone. Of course, no one called me back. I'll try again tomorrow, but for a purchase in December, you'd think they'd be a tad friendlier.

I seriously thought i was in the wrong thread for a moment. Why dont you try sending THC Scientific a PM or send the same name a skype message? Ive never tried calling customer service but both @BLAZING OG and @THC SCIENTIFIC almost instantly responded to my queries when I first got my Herc/Persei. Cant promise the same results but they are constantly on here so im sure it wont take long for you to get a response and get things situated. I know BOG has some things he's dealing with atm(my condolences) so your better off sticking with THC Scientific.

Anyways, after numerous hours of talking with G, I finally seem to have the Herc working and figured out. Still not getting 100% consistent results but its close! Also have a blue rod as well as a protoype red rod coming to try and will post my findings. Planning to do a cera vs herc review once i have the blue rod soon to come

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Please Pm your information that you left with our team and ill get involved. No excuse for what has happened.

StepInToSpace

I seriously thought i was in the wrong thread for a moment. Why dont you try sending THC Scientific a PM or send the same name a skype message? Ive never tried calling customer service but both @BLAZING OG and @THC SCIENTIFIC almost instantly responded to my queries when I first got my Herc/Persei. Cant promise the same results but they are constantly on here so im sure it wont take long for you to get a response and get things situated. I know BOG has some things he's dealing with atm(my condolences) so your better off sticking with THC Scientific.

Anyways, after numerous hours of talking with G, I finally seem to have the Herc working and figured out. Still not getting 100% consistent results but its close! Also have a blue rod as well as a protoype red rod coming to try and will post my findings. Planning to do a cera vs herc review once i have the blue rod soon to come

I used customer service because that is what it is for. Didn't think bothering the creator with a simple customer service issue was needed. I'll PM him now. Don't get me wrong, I still love my persei.

StepInToSpace,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I used customer service because that is what it is for. Didn't think bothering the creator with a simple customer service issue was needed. I'll PM him now. Don't get me wrong, I still love my persei.
Sorry, I didnt see if you originally posted what your issue was, I just saw you were saying you needed a replacemnt. And for what its worth, when I got mine I would have thought i needed a replacement had I not contacted G. A simply full turn of the screws on the bottom adapter got mine going from not working at all...so it could be a simple fix that doesnt require you to go through customer service or sending it in

Mynameismud,

StepInToSpace

Sorry, I didnt see if you originally posted what your issue was, I just saw you were saying you needed a replacemnt. And for what its worth, when I got mine I would have thought i needed a replacement had I not contacted G. A simply full turn of the screws on the bottom adapter got mine going from not working at all...so it could be a simple fix that doesnt require you to go through customer service or sending it in

I sent it back in December because the white wires were popping out the bottom/bottom connector part came off, so it has been sent it and I just need the replacement sent now that they are improved/fixed.

StepInToSpace,

SlideOrDie

On a side note guys.

Hey boss just a couple questions for you regarding my Core order I'm placing as I type this...

Before my order is fully completed and shipped out, I'd like to make sure I can get my SR71 up and running properly seeing as this will be the deciding factor in whether or not I am going to have any use for The Core. I'm still waiting on my replacement SR71 parts as they seem to be stuck at the border and haven't moved for nearly a week. If I can't get it up and running properly, which i doubt will be the case, I'll be able to cancel/refund my order for The Core since it hasn't shipped, correct? I added a long note about this in the shipping details of my order.

Thanks!

Last edited:
SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey boss just a couple questions for you regarding my Core order I'm placing as I type this...

Before my order is fully completed and shipped out, I'd like to make sure I can get my SR71 up and running properly seeing as this will be the deciding factor in whether or not I am going to have any use for The Core. I'm still waiting on my replacement SR71 parts as they seem to be stuck at the border and haven't moved for nearly a week. If I can't get it up and running properly, which i doubt will be the case, I'll be able to cancel/refund my order for The Core since it hasn't shipped, correct? I added a long note about this in the shipping details of my order.

Thanks!

Please dont purchase the Core before you get the Sr up and running, its still a ways out for it and your ok to place an order 2 weeks from now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie

Please dont purchase the Core before you get the Sr up and running, its still a ways out for it and your ok to place an order 2 weeks from now.

Sorry boss, that reply was just a few minutes too late, I placed the order for the core since you said the coupon code for it was supposedly expiring tonight and it saved me just enough for free shipping :/

Should I just leave it as is considering we still have to wait a while for them to be ready anyways?

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
That reply was just a few minutes too late, I placed the order for the core since you said the coupon code for it was supposedly expiring tonight and it saved me free shipping :/

Should I just leave it as is considering we still have to wait a while for them to be ready anyways?

Didnt think about the coupon, but no worries, im confident we will get your SR up and running.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: SlideOrDie

SlideOrDie

Didnt think about the coupon, but no worries, im confident we will get your SR up and running.

My apologies regarding the order, boss. Am I going to be ok to keep the order as is until I am positive the issues are resolved?

There's not a doubt in my mind that we won't be able to fix mine and my buddies issues regarding the SR71, you always come through, but I just want to make sure the order is able to be canceled/refunded if we can't.

My buddy is quite choked with me that he wasted so much of his "precious" errl and already wants to give up and give me back his SR71 and get rid of his Persei, however I think I've finally convinced him to chill out and wait until I can tinker with mine so we can get him up and running properly :)

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
My apologies regarding the order, boss. Am I going to be ok to keep the order as is until I am positive the issues are resolved?

There's not a doubt in my mind that we won't be able to fix mine and my buddies issues regarding the SR71, you always come through, but I just want to make sure the order is able to be canceled/refunded if we can't.

My buddy is quite choked with me that he wasted so much of his "precious" errl and already wants to give up and give me back his SR71 and get rid of his Persei, however I think I've finally convinced him to chill out and wait until I can tinker with mine so we can get him up and running properly :)

Yes we can cancel it before it ships out. also whats his issue maybe if he contacts us we can help him.

SlideOrDie

Yes we can cancel it before it ships out. also whats his issue maybe if he contacts us we can help him.

He's saying he wasted a whole bunch of errl and that it doesn't work and he's pissed after spending so much on everything and batteries blah blah and liked the original Herc better.

He's not believing me when I say that everyone with the same issues he's encountering, is now smooth sailing and getting super medicated from the SR71.

I've convinced him to come by this weekend so I can show him the proper way to use and load the SR71 as well as cut his oil coils down and explain exactly why it was doing what it did. I'm going to do another nug run and fix his problems or die trying on Sunday lol...

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
He's saying he wasted a whole bunch of errl and that it doesn't work and he's pissed after spending so much on everything and batteries blah blah and liked the original Herc better.

He's not believing me when I say that everyone with the same issues he's encountering, is now smooth sailing and getting super medicated from the SR71.

I've convinced him to come by this weekend so I can show him the proper way to use and load the SR71 as well as cut his oil coils down and explain exactly why it was doing what it did. I'm going to do another nug run and fix his problems or die trying on Sunday lol...

When he comes over you get on skype and ill get you guys up and running.

jpdnkstr

Does anyone still need flying lessons? Don't forget to be easy on the throttle, this baby gets hot quick! All BS aside, the SR-71 has turned out to be everything that I expected and more!(a vape that I can pick up, turn on, get to where I need to be quickly, and move on!) The efficiency was noted by another user earlier, and I must say I agree, once you get the hang of it, I'm definitely not worried about wasting oil in it anymore. When I first got my Hurc, I put quite a bit(2-4g?) of oil in it to "learn" (not all at once) what I learned was to always have your buffer, cool properly, easy on the power, and if you fuck up, iso reclaim, and dump it back in!(almost tasted as good as the first time through) I found some oil in the bottom chamber and mouthpiece, both from over powering, but no worries it all comes back!

I feel like I am rambling now, but I wanted to share my experience with the SR-71, because I was extremely disappointed with the V1 Hercules, and deeply concerned about messing something up on the new one, but here we are finally! This thing will hit any way you want it to(wispy to nail-like), once you get the hang of it.

Keep innovating G!

friedbanana8

this video shows you the ABV after using it in the sr-71 with oil and without. go to the 18:55 minute mark and you'll see Bob getting the ABV out of the unit and then he zooms in on the ABV. i recommend watching the whole video though when you get a chance, it has a lot of good information including loading technique. Bob also does a comparison of the herc's ABV to sublimator ABV. it also shows you how the oil coil looks cut.

Last edited:
friedbanana8,
Reactions: ataxian

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Does anyone still need flying lessons? Don't forget to be easy on the throttle, this baby gets hot quick! All BS aside, the SR-71 has turned out to be everything that I expected and more!(a vape that I can pick up, turn on, get to where I need to be quickly, and move on!) The efficiency was noted by another user earlier, and I must say I agree, once you get the hang of it, I'm definitely not worried about wasting oil in it anymore. When I first got my Hurc, I put quite a bit(2-4g?) of oil in it to "learn" (not all at once) what I learned was to always have your buffer, cool properly, easy on the power, and if you fuck up, iso reclaim, and dump it back in!(almost tasted as good as the first time through) I found some oil in the bottom chamber and mouthpiece, both from over powering, but no worries it all comes back!

I feel like I am rambling now, but I wanted to share my experience with the SR-71, because I was extremely disappointed with the V1 Hercules, and deeply concerned about messing something up on the new one, but here we are finally! This thing will hit any way you want it to(wispy to nail-like), once you get the hang of it.

Keep innovating G!
Yeah As of last night the SR71 seems to be working much better. But not 100% consistent .Still was getting whispy hits occasionally (not on purpose) but i think that might be due to a battery/charger issue as well as my coil being slightly to big. Gonna try a 30/70 cut coil and use the 30 side and see if that makes any difference. Also should be getting new batteries and a charger soon so hopefully that combo works thing out 100%.

Also am super excited to try the 3.7V blue and red rods which will hopefully be here next week.

I also cant express enough how much G has helped me over the past week. Seriously above and beyond customer service

Top Bottom