Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I gotta ask man how is the Hercules now?

The Hercules is now exactly as I imagined it would be. Devastating rips, tasty as hell, and instantaneous vapor. Thank you, my good man! :bowdown:

Can't wait to try mine when my replacement parts get here!

Can someone please snap a few pics of the modded coils and your loading technique?

Thanks!

I cut one of my coils into a 60/40 split and placed the smaller one in my Herc. Dropped some Grape Skunk wax right on top and did a couple of 2 second presses until it started to melt into the coil. Popped my mouthpiece on and started getting immediate vapor (and tasty vapor at that!).

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The Hercules is now exactly as I imagined it would be. Devastating rips, tasty as hell, and instantaneous vapor. Thank you, my good man! :bowdown:

See my friend its not beta, it works. We just cant imagine all the different concentrates. It seems the coils need to be changed up a bit for future production runs.

friedbanana8

hmm how about that, i guess im lucky in that i cut my coil as soon as i had my AAF washer. Im glad to see that everyone can experience for themselves now the pure awesomeness of the herc. Now just one more thing, put a screen on top of the coil and throw some herb in there then take a hit. i promise you wont regret it.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
hmm how about that, i guess im lucky in that i cut my coil as soon as i had my AAF washer. Im glad to see that everyone can experience for themselves now the pure awesomeness of the herc. Now just one more thing, put a screen on top of the coil and throw some herb in there then take a hit. i promise you wont regret it.

how do yuo have a AAF washer? its not out yet. do you mean the Stainless Top Cap?

friedbanana8

Can't wait to try mine when my replacement parts get here!

Can someone please snap a few pics of the modded coils and your loading technique?

Thanks!

the coils are just cut down the middle. i used an ordinary pair of scissors to cut mine. you wanna take out the hook though before cutting. i actually removed mine permanently and just use some pliers to pull out the coil whenever need be.
To load i just scoop up wax on the hercules tool and heat the top of the tool very gently until it drips right on top the center of the coil; the cool thing about the herc tool is that it made for melting wax off of it cause it doesnt take to much heat and cools down fairly quickly. You could even just scrape it off the tool into the chamber cause when you go to heat up the herc, the oil will melt down and get soaked by the coil. The other method is just a bit cleaner. Then you just pulse the button until you see the oil start to melt. Depending on the viscosity of the oil it may take a couple or a few pulses but you'll be able to visually see it melt down, thus be able to judge how much heat you need. Basically, if you see vapor coming out then back off the button other wise keep heating until its all in the coil.

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

I cut one of my coils into a 60/40 split and placed the smaller one in my Herc. Dropped some Grape Skunk wax right on top and did a couple of 2 second presses until it started to melt into the coil. Popped my mouthpiece on and started getting immediate vapor (and tasty vapor at that!).

Video or it didnt happen.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Lol Sorry, Boss. I can't post vids of that nature on my youtube channel because I have tons of kids and parents that check it out. Believe me, I'm a happy camper!

I know bro was being sarcastic. I know you been with us from day one, and i know you wont bs me. Glad we got you squared away.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Lol Sorry, Boss. I can't post vids of that nature on my youtube channel because I have tons of kids and parents that check it out. Believe me, I'm a happy camper!
can't you make it private and set it up so you must have the hard link for access. So if they don't know the link, no one can get there. Doesn't show in your account post list. I have done it, but its been awhile.

Just FYI thing, not requesting a vid...

So we all learned something. Interesting the beta tester also cut down the coil, but not for this reason...

I remember G stating most of the testing was with PG at the factory. Bet that changes soon on new products :) Never seen that stuff and it doesn't have CBDs so I would probably never use it :)

At first take the requirement of coil size based on oil type wasn't intuitive, but after you know it makes perfect sense. hind site is 20/20, proven yet again.

Congrats - we had faith, but damn we paid for the trucks already.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I remember G stating most of the testing was with PG at the factory. Bet that changes soon on new products :) Never seen that stuff and it doesn't have CBDs so I would probably never use it :)

At first take the requirement of coil size based on oil type wasn't intuitive, but after you know it makes perfect sense. hind site is 20/20, proven yet again.

I knew the SR 71 just needed a tweak.

Letting you Rocket Scientist figure it out was a good move.

Can't wait to load up some GODS GIFT BLONDE VACUUMED PURGED WAX with this powerful A@@ KICKER!

This strain is CBD rich!

PURE GOLD is over rated.

I'll never buy it again!

The CARTOMIZERS with CO2 WAX works great.
I don't need PG for this set up.
CE4_Tank__96521.1375660252.1280.1280.jpg

HerculesBLK01a__71129.1375593496.1280.1280.jpg

Use the right tool for the job!

Last edited:

OF

True enough. I think it was real fortunate we used G's credit card to put down the deposit, don't you?

I'm not 100% clear on this cut (horizontal or vertical?), but by the time I get my replacement I'm sure that will become clear. I'm very grateful to all who helped sort it out. In a perfect world stuff works out of the chute, in the real world this is, I think, a great example of the value of Beta Testing. Get the product into real customer hands and see what comes up in their varied uses of it. Software is a good example, the guys the write it tend to use it the same way each time, the way they expected to use it as they developed it.

Anyway, for those involved in this holy quest it seems time for a collective bow? The rest of us will profit from their work, we'll take a useful product out the the box knowing already what it will do for us and how to make that happen. Gotta love it.

Thanks, guys.

OF

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
True enough. I think it was real fortunate we used G's credit card to put down the deposit, don't you?

I'm not 100% clear on this cut (horizontal or vertical?), but by the time I get my replacement I'm sure that will become clear. I'm very grateful to all who helped sort it out. In a perfect world stuff works out of the chute, in the real world this is, I think, a great example of the value of Beta Testing. Get the product into real customer hands and see what comes up in their varied uses of it. Software is a good example, the guys the write it tend to use it the same way each time, the way they expected to use it as they developed it
OF

Yes, wise man OF suggesting going G's CC route. I figure you may have done this before :)

The cut is horizontal. You make the coil shorter in length. Its a round rod made out of dense wire spun mesh with a center hole the heating rod fits into (not sure you have had one in hand... just in case). Depending on the material type with oil you only use 40% (shatter types) 60% (unstable oils - unsure what that means) or 100% with PG of its original height. Thick oils need to be located in the coil in direct contact with the rod (I gather from the issue that it needs conduction). As the material is thinner, you can use more coil area that is farther from the heater and use more convection.

This is how I understand it, a put on the wall kind-of.

Last edited:

OF

The cut is horizontal. You make the coil shorter in length. Its a round rod made out of dense wire spun mesh with a center hole the heating rod fits into (not sure you have had one in hand... just in case).

Thanks much. As you say I don't have one to look at (only the pieces of the Hercules). I thought it was horizontal but got tripped up with talk about the bail I guess. I couldn't envision it, but was sure a photo or better instructions would show up in due time.

Thanks for making that a few minutes ago instead.

OF

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I meant to post last night about how devastatingly different my Hercules experience has become since meeting with G and Caligula, but Herc put me in a sleeper hold.

On to the fun:
I now have a completely functioning, completely bad-ass unit and it's only day one of it working at full capacity. Turns out, I had a faulty ceramic rod. Did not pass ohm reqs, but G set that straight (gave me a new one), cut my coil, and made sure I could never be on time to anything ever again.
The Hercules hits more like Chuck Norris. And we all know that, given the Sun's mass is 2.19260743 × 1027 short tons, one Chuck Norris is equal to about 5,000 Hercules (3,309 metric). It takes some minor tuning to get there, but it's all worth the ride. If I find a legit means of uploading anonymously, I'll post a video.

Now, assembly is actually as straightforward as the manual states. G goes in to greater detail in that video he posted two nights ago, so those two supplements alone should have you put together correctly.
Then you want to asses your oil. How stable is it? Does it melt easily?
The runnier the oil, the longer you want a coil. The most stable oils you'll probably want to do 1/3 to about 40% of original coil size. If you're unsure, try 50% and you should be fine. The beauty of it is, depending on your needs, you now have as much as three times more usable coil. Or else, cut each coil to different sizes for every oil consistency you run in to.
This also changes the buffer amount needed. .5 was the initial buffer, so just divide depending on your coil size. I find it's much more efficient to dedicate .1-.3 over .5, and it's a lot faster to prime.

Next, the Herc, at baseline, should be giving you a good sized hit after five seconds with the button. Unless you have an insanely stable shatter (which we ran in to yesterday) it will produce sufficient vapor at that point, given you hit it slowly. Shatters that are super stable require full priming with a lighter.
You'll want to continue drawing from it without the button to avoid leaks, especially if you're putting it down. Lay it sideways after cooling.

If you are still not zoned after these instructions you might consider
  • Checking the ohm reading on your ceramic rod. PM G for value.
  • Checking your batteries.
  • Checking the metal contact pin and bottom half of ceramic rod for loose oil.
  • Completely reassembling the Herc.
And if all else fails, call W9, because right when you think you have the worlds shittiest luck, the Creator drives to your city just to troubleshoot with you. Out. Fucking. Standing. My biggest ups to @THC SCIENTIFIC for all he's done and will do. We've got the Tony Stark of vapes on our side, people. PM for any specifics are welcome, but it may take a while, you all look like little ants from all the way up here.

Edit: I found all of my reclaim still inside the first coil I iso soaked and a bit on the outer shell, btw. It's really dense in there, so I think the standard for cleaning and reclaim should always be 99% iso which Caligula says is available at Vons / Safeway. I noticed, when using the first rod, that it started tasting like Girl Scout Cookies when I hadn't loaded any since reclaiming. The 91% didn't seem to get everything.

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Holy cow,
I got a whole lot of catching up to do, sorry for not being around to help.
I have had a death in the family someone very close to me, so my apologies on not being able to be on FC at the moment.
Things seem to be settling down on my side, so I am hoping to be back and all caught up.
If anyone can figure this out its definitely thc sci, I hope you all get the issue resolved.
I should be back soon to offer any help that I can.
My apologies again , this unexpected unforeseen tragedy has the best of me at the moment.

Sincerly,
BOG
:cry:
sorry for your loss. let us know if their is anything we can do. thoughts are with you

friedbanana8

I meant to post last night about how devastatingly different my Hercules experience has become since meeting with G and Caligula, but Herc put me in a sleeper hold.

On to the fun:
I now have a completely functioning, completely bad-ass unit and it's only day one of it working at full capacity. Turns out, I had a faulty ceramic rod. Did not pass ohm reqs, but G set that straight (gave me a new one), cut my coil, and made sure I could never be on time to anything ever again.
The Hercules hits more like Chuck Norris. And we all know that, given the Sun's mass is 2.19260743 × 1027 short tons, one Chuck Norris is equal to about 5,000 Hercules (3,309 metric). It takes some minor tuning to get there, but it's all worth the ride. If I find a legit means of uploading anonymously, I'll post a video.

Now, assembly is actually as straightforward as the manual states. G goes in to greater detail in that video he posted two nights ago, so those two supplements alone should have you put together correctly.
Then you want to asses your oil. How stable is it? Does it melt easily?
The runnier the oil, the longer you want a coil. The most stable oils you'll probably want to do 1/3 to about 40% of original coil size. If you're unsure, try 50% and you should be fine. The beauty of it is, depending on your needs, you now have as much as three times more usable coil. Or else, cut each coil to different sizes for every oil consistency you run in to.
This also changes the buffer amount needed. .5 was the initial buffer, so just divide depending on your coil size. I find it's much more efficient to dedicate .1-.3 over .5, and it's a lot faster to prime.

Next, the Herc, at baseline, should be giving you a good sized hit after five seconds with the button. Unless you have an insanely stable shatter (which we ran in to yesterday) it will produce sufficient vapor at that point, given you hit it slowly. Shatters that are super stable require full priming with a lighter.
You'll want to continue drawing from it without the button to avoid leaks, especially if you're putting it down. Lay it sideways after cooling.

If you are still not zoned after these instructions you might consider
  • Checking the ohm reading on your ceramic rod. PM G for value.
  • Checking your batteries.
  • Checking the metal contact pin and bottom half of ceramic rod for loose oil.
  • Completely reassembling the Herc.
And if all else fails, call W9, because right when you think you have the worlds shittiest luck, the Creator drives to your city just to troubleshoot with you. Out. Fucking. Standing. My biggest ups to @THC SCIENTIFIC for all he's done and will do. We've got the Tony Stark of vapes on our side, people. PM for any specifics are welcome, but it may take a while, you all look like little ants from all the way up here.

Edit: I found all of my reclaim still inside the first coil I iso soaked and a bit on the outer shell, btw. It's really dense in there, so I think the standard for cleaning and reclaim should always be 99% iso which Caligula says is available at Vons / Safeway. I noticed, when using the first rod, that it started tasting like Girl Scout Cookies when I hadn't loaded any since reclaiming. The 91% didn't seem to get everything.

this post along with the herc booklet is all you need to get this thing running smoothly. That video G posted up earlier and Bob's coil cutting and herb/oil loading vid would make it dummy proof.

Caligula

Maximus
@THC SCIENTIFIC @Atomsk @BLAZING OG

Okay, sorry for the late report guys, but I didn't have any down time to really rip (pun intended) into my new SR-71 unit after meeting with G until about an hour ago. Now please bear with any scatterbrained ramblings here, I just finished a very successful flight with the Hercules and I'm having a hard time typing this out. Ill try to keep this as concise as possible, and will probably clean it up when I'm not so lazy and all over the place...

...actually, you know what? I give up, Ill write this later.

Here is a tasty tidbit that I just learned with some experimenting thoigh! I took my full (not cut) oil coil out and decided to load it externally instead of inside the Herc. I pulled out about .25g of some Lemon Skunk Wax (G and Atom know whats up with this stuff) and wiped it on to BOTTOM OF THE COIL. I then used a lighter to heat/melt said wax into the BOTTOM OF THE COIL. Once it was situated inside the bottom of the coil (soaked up the bottom 1/4) I proceeded to put it into the Herc, OIL SIDE DOWN, and vape it up.

INSTANT AND LONG LASTING (out lasted me) VAPOR!

Now, I'm not saying this will work with every concentrate out there, however its worth a try. Oh, and as I am sure you are wondering, my wax is N-Butane extracted, and is gooey in nature. Sort of like chewed gum on a hot sidewalk gooey, once the wax reaches body temp.

edit/update: Just lit the Herc up again to test if the bottom load was still going strong. Happy to say I once again had to put the SR-71 down before it was done with me.

Last edited:

vaporchaser420

hi long time lurker first time poster
I was just wondering if there's any new info on the glass on glass vape, I remember G mentioned a couple pages back

vaporchaser420,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Hey G,

Howre the 1701's doing? Last two things we heard was there was an issue with airflow, and then that there is about 1000 going into production. Where is production at now?

Top Bottom