Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
If I get to come, ill be sure to get video and post it up. Just waiting on a reply from G. I purchased 2g of lemon skunk wax for when we get my unit running again. Smells frigging amazing so its making the wait all the harder.

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Instead of Skyping, can you record a simple video of you getting the Herc up and running, starting from the assembly of the Herc all the way to the loading and first puffs of vapor? It would be a lot more convenient than trying to coordinate a time to meet up on skype (although I do appreciate your efforts to troubleshoot things one on one).

Can you try something for me, if your rod is getting hot do this, try to vaporizer while the battery is pointing south towards the ground.

Using this method i see my vapor increased by 2 fold.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So... basically invert the unit?

Some people vaporize it sideways.

But i have just witnessed with about .7 in the coil i was able to get massive clouds then the battery was pointing south.

In the video the vaporizer is sideways like a cigarette, but i loaded up another coil and realized bob and blazing and everybody that gets clouds on video has the vape up and down.

Caligula

Maximus
I hope we can see that in person tomorrow. I'm assuming u will have some spare AWs I can try? All I have are the stock Persei units and My new batteries won't be here for 2 more days. Also going to need a new PTFE insulator if you recall.

@THC SCIENTIFIC

Caligula,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I hope we can see that in person tomorrow. I'm assuming u will have some spare AWs I can try? All I have are the stock Perseus units and My new batteries won't be here for 2 more days. Also going to need a new PTFE insulator if you recall.

@THC SCIENTIFIC

where you using the persei sideways?

Most likely since the oil is thick if the oil was being pooled up on one side and air was being pulled from the other two holes this is why vapor isnt created and small wispy hits.

anyone getting thin wispy hits please point the battery section down to the ground as much as possible. See if your vapor production increases. Im betting it does to most.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Can you try something for me, if your rod is getting hot do this, try to vaporizer while the battery is pointing south towards the ground.

Using this method i see my vapor increased by 2 fold.

That's the only way I ever hit my Persei, so unfortunately that won't solve my issue. Hoping that the in person session you guys have will lead to some results.

kindbeats,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
G - like this -right?
Persei_sr-71.jpg

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Scroll up for a video of assemble and load.

Thanks G. I watched the video and I literally do everything the same way you did (except I never hold my Persei like a cigarette). The only thing I can think is that you're using something that looks like Pure Gold, which is practically a liquid and most likely easier to absorb and heat. Do you get the same instantaneous results with crumbles and shatters?

EDIT: I also noticed that your oil absorbed into the coil after a few 1 second presses. Mine does not melt into the coil like that in any way, shape, or form but the Herc definitely gets hot as hell. :hmm:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks G. I watched the video and I literally do everything the same way you did (except I never hold my Persei like a cigarette). The only thing I can think is that you're using something that looks like Pure Gold, which is practically a liquid and most likely easier to absorb and heat. Do you get the same instantaneous results with crumbles and shatters?

EDIT: I also noticed that your oil absorbed into the coil after a few 1 second presses. Mine does not melt into the coil like that in any way, shape, or form but the Herc definitely gets hot as hell. :hmm:

Crumble and shatter take about 2 extra seconds extra. So I would do about a 3 or 4 taps at 2-3 seconds each.

@PhotoRider

Yes that's the way.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

friedbanana8

finally got down to the herb today. i havent used the herc at all today until now, but just now it hit normal for a couple hits and then the vapor started dying down, to where it takes me more than 5 secs holding down the button for vapor, which i take as a sign of approaching the buffer. ima try this herb and wax mixture for my next load and see how the herc handles. Word on the streets is the herc can do it all.

friedbanana8,

Caligula

Maximus
where you using the persei sideways?

Most likely since the oil is thick if the oil was being pooled up on one side and air was being pulled from the other two holes this is why vapor isnt created and small wispy hits.

anyone getting thin wispy hits please point the battery section down to the ground as much as possible. See if your vapor production increases. Im betting it does to most.

No I never hit it sideways. Always straight up and down.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey, big guy, if it does kill you.....can I have your vapes?

OF

Over my dead body but that will be the case if this isn't resolved.

Seems like we got one person up and running. Trying to figure out what he did different.

Apparently his last words was WOW before he passed out.

Hope his fix isn't temporary as that could speed up my dead body end of story credit roll scene.

Last edited:

OF

Over my dead body but that will be the case if this isn't resolved.

Seems like we got one person up and running. Trying to figure out what he did different.

Understood. One thing clear to me from watching you for a while is you don't give up easy. Too much bulldog attitude for that to happen.

My money's on you for this one too. Fun idea, how do you know the last problem has reared its little head? First cousin to the old 'how do you know the last tardy student has arrived and it's time to stop holding up the show?'.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Understood. One thing clear to me from watching you for a while is you don't give up easy. Too much bulldog attitude for that to happen.

My money's on you for this one too. Fun idea, how do you know the last problem has reared its little head? First cousin to the old 'how do you know the last tardy student has arrived and it's time to stop holding up the show?'.

OF

The last issue was air flow and I can recreate it. What I can't recreate is when the top stainless cap is place right how to make wispy vapor when loaded up with .8 grams.

That's why I think the last problem reared its head and was solved.

This is some how a either hardware issue and we will resolve it with an exchange or its a user issue and we will remedy that also.

Last edited:

Ash057

The website won't let me order a SR-71. I had it in my shopping cart last night and now it is not available. I refreshed the page and tried a different browser. Is the SR-71 out of stock or something?

Ash057,

asimplebeast

Got water in a 5.0 cart while being overzelous with the Nibbler. I poured the loose water out but the cart still faintly sizzles and pops in use. I know you aren't doctors, but do you think it's safe to keep using this cart? I don't want to end up with pneumonia or anything :s

OF

Got water in a 5.0 cart while being overzelous with the Nibbler. I poured the loose water out but the cart still faintly sizzles and pops in use. I know you aren't doctors, but do you think it's safe to keep using this cart? I don't want to end up with pneumonia or anything :s

I don't think there's any issue, water vapor is a normal part of blazing after all. In fact you might say it's one of the best non THC parts? Just don't get carried away and splatter oil all over.

I flooded one once. I shook it out, let it dry in a warm place while I used another, it was just fine when I got back to it.

OF

friedbanana8

i have had this happen to me as well and i just shook the water out and it just needed drying. Im not as patient as OF though, i usually use my mini torch and gently heat the top 2/3rds of the cart until the sizzling and popping stops. And then i still get some sizzling and popping for the first few hits but its usually faint and goes away after the first few hits.

asimplebeast

i have had this happen to me as well and i just shook the water out and it just needed drying. Im not as patient as OF though, i usually use my mini torch and gently heat the top 2/3rds of the cart until the sizzling and popping stops. And then i still get some sizzling and popping for the first few hits but its usually faint and goes away after the first few hits.
I ended up using it pretty soggy until it dried out, now I'm baked. Next time I'll heat it first though.

Top Bottom