Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I guess it's good that I'm getting a VV/VW mod and wax atomizers tomorrow, then. I have wax that I've been waiting to vape for so long I'm beginning to wonder if it's even any good anymore. By the way, thanks for replying. :)

Guess it might be time to head for the classifieds. Especially since I can't seem to get any customer service. :bang: I'll wait for a day or two just in case someone jumps in to help.

Ok once more everyone has to wait for the Stainless top. There is nothing else i can do. As for the Hercules frying the tops its two possibilities the center pin, and or a improper assembly.

We can simply replace your bad tops if its under warranty as for the Sr71 you need to wait 1 more week as we are manufacturing the parts needed to make them work.

Krazzykid

Very helpful, thanks.

This is what I'm talking about.

What do you have to do? Sell me a working product.
I paid well over $200 for my Persei many weeks ago and it hasn't worked as advertised. Saying the SR-71 was free is missing the point. I've sunk over $200 into this project and so far nothing has worked. I think I'm entitled to a little frustration. If you disagree so be it.

Your Persei would have worked properly if you had followed everyone's advice originally. Everyone else has managed to make the exact same equipment work as advertised(I'm talking about the original carts)

The fact that you got your hercules for free and are unable to wait for the same fix that everyone else is waiting for is crap!
If you are going to sell your persei that's your choice, but I would suggest sending the hercules back to G instead of profiting off his generosity!

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Very helpful, thanks.

This is what I'm talking about.

What do you have to do? Sell me a working product.

You couldn't figure out the original carts but that doesn't mean they don't work, as tons of others will tell you differently. And this is coming from the same person who has consistently failed to read people's posts in this thread and continues to repeat answered questions.

Do you realize how common it is for first generation electronics to have defects and bumps along the way? Is everyone forgetting all of the problems the iPhone had after launch? Hell, they have had problems with just about every generation of iPhone they have made and yet it's still the standard. Go and search every forum on this site and you will see that Thermovape has had a ton of people returning their Cera in for repairs MULTIPLE times. W9Tech and Thermovape are by far the two best companies in this game, so if you are looking somewhere else, you're most likely looking to downgrade to ripped off e-cigs. If you aren't willing to deal with the problems and bumps that come along with adopting new technology, the answer is simple...don't adopt it and wait for all of the kinks to be worked out after release. To say that a company doesn't offer customer service after they sent you a $120 item is basically spitting in G's face.

Last edited:

iceman42593

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok once more everyone has to wait for the Stainless top. There is nothing else i can do. As for the Hercules frying the tops its two possibilities the center pin, and or a improper assembly.

We can simply replace your bad tops if its under warranty as for the Sr71 you need to wait 1 more week as we are manufacturing the parts needed to make them work.

When you say center pin are you talking about the ceramic rod? If not, what are you talking about? What would the improper assembly cover? Just trying to get this all figured out before I get my new tops back.

Edit: Will the resistance only read 1.5 ohms when it is all properly assembled?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
When you say center pin are you talking about the ceramic rod? If not, what are you talking about? What would the improper assembly cover? Just trying to get this all figured out before I get my new tops back.

Edit: Will the resistance only read 1.5 ohms when it is all properly assembled?

1.5 ohm is good.

The Center pin is in the connector of on the top. This moves if tightened to much. This is also an issue on the older units. The replacement tops fixes this issue.

dankity3

Hercules Resumes shipment on the 23rd of august with the new Stainless Tops.
I received my sr71 replacement a few days ago! should I be concerned about these stainless tops? or can I go ahead and start using the sr71? what are these stainless tops btw?

dankity3,

iceman42593

Vapor Enthusiast
1.5 ohm is good.

The Center pin is in the connector of on the top. This moves if tightened to much. This is also an issue on the older units. The replacement tops fixes this issue.

Thanks for the swift response! Can't wait for the new mouth piece adapter to fix the airflow!

iceman42593,

tsc.v8

I think it's very clever to make customers pay to to be beta testers, but I don't have that kind of money or time. And I'm not spitting in anyone's face - I'm pointing out the fact that no one was answering my question. Anyway, I'm getting an alternate setup tomorrow. How much do you want to bet that I'll be able to get it up and running in one afternoon?

tsc.v8,

Angel

I think it's very clever to make customers pay to to be beta testers, but I don't have that kind of money or time. And I'm not spitting in anyone's face - I'm pointing out the fact that no one was answering my question. Anyway, I'm getting an alternate setup tomorrow. How much do you want to bet that I'll be able to get it up and running in one afternoon?
I've been using with Delta nine vapes since the Persei came out and I admit there has been some bumps in the road but I wouldnt go with anyone else forget to G PEN forget the cloud this is some new revolutionary shit So be patient they got us covered once you get your Hercules working right it'll be the envy of all your friends it takes time for perfection i Have all the faith in delta nine guys they will fix it and make thins right don't worry !!!! Just be patient!!!

jpdnkstr

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't even pay for your sr 71! I have over $1000.00 invested in this companies products, and will continue buying because of the innovation, and customer service. Maybe you should try something else a little less "cutting edge".

Don't mean to rant, but this guy has his bird already(free at that!), and is complaining, ready to give up on an outstanding company.

My Herc should arrive tomorrow, and I've got 2 hammer tops, an iris v1, original persei single and double tops...what should I run this beast on? I'm guessing the hammers ...

druminfected

Not sure if my tops are fried or malfunctioning because when I put on my clearomizer ce4 from w9tech, on my single top nothing happens. Then I try it on my double top, but it ONLY works on one side of the double top persei. Should I make out a support ticket and get this tops replaced?

Also, for the people that got the replacement but need to acquire the stainless top, do we need to call up or make a ticket for that in order to get this shipped out to us, or do you have all the info you need and shipping them out when you get them? Thanks for the info

druminfected,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

Perhaps nobody answered your question directly because it's been answered about five times already in the past two days. :doh: Seriously, you are the only person that constantly repeats answered questions and blatantly ignores other people's posts. This is not the first time by any means. Hell, I'm the one who had to personally tell you that G offered you a free SR-71 because you admittedly refused to read any posts that were made addressing your original complaint. I'll say that again. In a previous post, you clearly stated that you had not bothered to read any of the posts that people had made pertaining to a question/complaint that you asked/made. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? So why on earth should we bother taking the time to personally address your previously answered questions?

Also, enjoy that new set up. I'm sure you will have no problems getting it up and running in one afternoon. I'm also sure that you will be running into problems with it soon enough much like every other person who has resorted to the watered down e-cig market. No market or company is immune from defects. Then you will see what poor customer service is. A G-Pen and various other pens might work great right out of the box (although many reports state the contrary). They also break within three to four weeks of use because they are based on old technology that wasn't designed for the substances we use in them. If that sounds like a good idea to you, go for it. Personally, I'd rather wait one more week for a final part and have a finished Hercules that is completely medical grade, completely cleanable, and a completely serviceable cart that can do everything and anything from oil and hash to flowers - even both at the same time.

Again, you could keep putting the blame on G and other members for "not answering your question" or you can do some simple reading, which goes a long way when you're using one of these...what are they called again? Ah yes, a discussion forum.

screen_shot_2011-04-14_at_4.09.36_pm.png

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I don't understand your logic really. While the SR-71 is new and has some issues saying "beta" isn't fully correct, but if you want to judge it that way go ahead. Beta testing was done before the production. Bob was one of the beta testers. Moreover, as others have said you don't have any skin in the game on the SR-71 so what is your point - to express you frustration behind a keyboard in a non constructive manner? If so you succeeded Sir.

Now the Persei - clearly not a beta unit. The Omicron carts have been around before the Persei. The Persei was built for additional power and a newer series of carts. Now while we understand you are having issues with your new Hercules, but your issues are well documented here and if you read them you would have expectations that where met. However, they seem not to have been met so I think you have not.

Additionally you complain about lack of "customer service" - WOW! Really??? Go figure. I think you have been well treated by them. Guess you have a thirst that can't be quenched. You answers are in the posts, but seems you don't spend much time searching and reading. Moreover, you first response is a whining post with I'm going to the classified - implying you are selling the equipment. Not the first time you have done this. Don't see that as constructive or mature really.

Personally I believe the Omicron carts or simply put the $200 you spent on your Persei is clearly an user error as overwhelming data proves the stock Persei setup is one of the best units for oil available. Lets see 480 pages of discussion on it in this thread. And as OF once told me - we are not a bunch of fanboys...

That said it is a hyper drive unit and requires a learning curve which we all have been through. Myself included in the beginning. You very well my be happy with the unit you are getting tomorrow. It may have an easier learning curve, but it will never preform to the level of the Persei/Omicron carts once mastered. If you find you are happy with the new one, my suggestion is do visit the classified area and unload the Persei to a new home. Clearly you don't need it and going through the learning curve may have no benefit to you. However, you may just throw it in the drawer and in time you may change your mind. You may find the need for more preformance. The league the Persei is in and therefore the learning curve will have benefit, but it takes effort on your part. Nothing is free of course.

Finally -keep in mind posts can be bonding or distancing. I think yours are the latter at the moment hence the lack of help. What's in it for us to help someone acting like this?

OF

Anyway, I'm getting an alternate setup tomorrow. How much do you want to bet that I'll be able to get it up and running in one afternoon?

As they say in Yearbook signings, "Best of luck to a swell guy".

I too am sorry you had troubles you weren't able to resolve, perhaps a less demanding vape is better for you.

I also agree with PR when he said:

Finally -keep in mind posts can be bonding or distancing. I think yours are the latter at the moment hence the lack of help. What's in it for us to help someone acting like this?

I tend to put a lot of effort into answering honest questions, often dozens of times. But, to be frank, the 'I'm too busy to look for the answer' I picked up on got me to opt out. I don't think anyone, and that includes G, is obligated to answer your questions. You're not entitled to other folks efforts, they have to want to give you their help. That means 'meeting folks half way' often, this being such a case.

Which brought me back to "The Lord helps those who help themselves".

Best of luck with your next effort, IMO luck will have to play a big part of it.......

OF

Bromeister

Would a VapeSafe fuse work in the persei and stop short circuits from ruining the top connectors, or offer any additional protection? I have a few lying around...

Also, How much does outside glass of the bender heat up? I know the bowl on my Extreme-Q heats up like a mofo. How long would you have to wait for the hammer/bender to cool down so you can pack it away?

Last edited:
Bromeister,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok guys quick update on the 3.7v i tested today and also Blaze was testing.

My testing on how long the battery will last is as follows.

Look for results of our 3.7v Hercules Oil testing tomorrow. It looks promising.

So far we have these batteries that ran through the testing.

14650 Generic IMR will last around 10 mins. ( works ok )

14500 AW IMR will last around 7 min. ( works best in this situation )

18650 AW IMR will last around 25 min. ( work best in this situation )

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I guess it's good that I'm getting a VV/VW mod and wax atomizers tomorrow, then. I have wax that I've been waiting to vape for so long I'm beginning to wonder if it's even any good anymore. By the way, thanks for replying. :)

Guess it might be time to head for the classifieds. Especially since I can't seem to get any customer service. :bang: I'll wait for a day or two just in case someone jumps in to help.

Most of us on here like to be on the cutting edge of technology.
I have own the GPEN and many other ECIG converted CONCENTRATE devices and they all failed.
It's been almost 2 years of being a PERSEI user. Just recently I got an OMNICRON and OPHOS.
These are well made and better than anything you may have ordered!

The PERSEI set ups for me are crazy fun.
Plus it helps mix it up!

Good luck in your search!

You just made me even more convinced to keep expanding my devices with W9 TECH!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
tsc v8, i was gonna reply in the long form, but it looks like the gang here has taken care of that for me, so this is my short version. i am one of the lucky few that has an insert and i can tell you, (LIKE WE DID!) that unless you get that washer and mp thread set correctly, you are gonna have issues. which is why the insert is being produced. if you can't get it to work, wait a little while. however if you want to buy a cheap midterm piece to get you thru a week or so, buy all means, do so. it won't save you any money, which seems to be your chief concern.

i blow PLUMES with this thing, both sap and shatter. i've even over-medicated twice. i am sorry that you seem to be too impatient to enjoy victory.

but threatening to sell (no mentioning of selling or buying in threads!) something that was GIVEN to you is so goddamn rude i wouldn't feel a bit sorry for you if you never got your insert.

we have all been waiting for this product that many of us BOUGHT over 9 months ago. you haven't been in anymore than the cost of a persei, which is worth it just as an ecig mod.

so as frustrated as you may be, of ALL the people on this thread you have the LEAST right to complain. 'specially with how patiently you've been treated despite your tantrums

go buy a trippy stix or a gpen and be out all your money in a few weeks while us over here w/ our lifetime warrantied persei are puffing all night long, so be it.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
and the start of a new page. well done, g!
that's PGold, right? so i'm guessing sap works well, wax and crumble too?
i'm guessing shatter may be pushing it?

looking good!

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
and the start of a new page. well done, g!
that's PGold, right? so i'm guessing sap works well, wax and crumble too?
i'm guessing shatter may be pushing it?

looking good!

Yes thats pure gold and hes reporting not one drop in the bottom chamber.

And no limit what can go inside. The 7.4v just over powers everything. The 3.7v runs about 13watts less and will do about everything as well just more taste and a few extra seconds for warm up time.

friedbanana8

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you didn't even pay for your sr 71! I have over $1000.00 invested in this companies products, and will continue buying because of the innovation, and customer service. Maybe you should try something else a little less "cutting edge".

Don't mean to rant, but this guy has his bird already(free at that!), and is complaining, ready to give up on an outstanding company.

My Herc should arrive tomorrow, and I've got 2 hammer tops, an iris v1, original persei single and double tops...what should I run this beast on? I'm guessing the hammers ...
you want to be careful even with those hammer tops... i blew mine out yesterday.

Yes thats pure gold and hes reporting not one drop in the bottom chamber.

And no limit what can go inside. The 7.4v just over powers everything. The 3.7v runs about 13watts less and will do about everything as well just more taste and a few extra seconds for warm up time.

Are these 3.7v oil rods the very same rods we received when ordering the discounted oil coils/3.7v rod combo? Or are these with a new set up? i have to say the 3.7v oil rod seems more appealing to me than the 7.4v oil rod, seems like it'd be better at conserving oil and has better tasting hits. and man the hits i got off the 7.4v before i blew out my tops were already pretty damn tasty.

Are these "stainless" tops the replacement/new tops being sent out when we send in our blown tops or are these coming out at a later time?

friedbanana8,
Top Bottom