Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

exit

Hmm. I've been holding down the button for like 30 seconds but can't see anything at least not past the screen & oil coil. I'll keep at it for a while.

Edit: Still no luck it seems. Not looking like I'm getting it heated up or anything, not sure if I taste vapor either? I took it apart and put it back together. I don't see anything glowing if I should.

Even held down the button for longer than a minute but not even getting a little warm.... not sure what to do next! I don't wanna mess with that white cap on the ceramic rod retaining sleeve or the ceramic rod positioning and short something out again.

I think we got it figured out. Will post solution when i'm sure me and g got it worked out,

Guys I got it worked out with G. I'm getting monster rips and no mood to explain tonihght

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Think I go this figured out. Lets check...

1. The teflon washers are to isolate the the outer ring of the retainer (neg terminal) from the screw which is the pos terminal.
  2. Care must be done when inserting the ceramic rod into the upper section not to short the second tungsten ring (bottom one) to the frame of the top section since it is the pos terminal of the rod.
  3. The retainer sleeve must not touch the frame of the upper section (again its pos terminal since it conects the screw carrying the pos voltage to the bottom tungsten rig of the ceramic rod)
  4. Finally the screen retainer should be backed out a little to seal against the SS washer placed on top of the coil.
Do I have it?

Anything else?

Ohm meter is you friend...

I must say I am in love with the UP Persei bubbler. Its now my goto glass for the Persei and Cera use. Love an integrated solution.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

1. The teflon washers are to isolate the the outer ring of the retainer (neg terminal) from the screw which is the pos terminal.
  2. Care must be done when inserting the ceramic rod into the upper section not to short the second tungsten ring (bottom one) to the frame of the top section since it is the pos terminal of the rod.
  3. The retainer sleeve must not touch the frame of the upper section (again its pos terminal since it conects the screw carrying the pos voltage to the bottom tungsten rig of the ceramic rod)
  4. Finally the screen retainer should be backed out a little to seal against the SS washer placed on top of the coil.
Do I have it?

Anything else?

I must say I am in love with the UP Persei bubbler. Its now my goto glass for the Persei and Cera use. Love an integrated solution.

Yup. I think i got Exit up and running too.

Hell probably chime in if its good or bad.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Its good. Cough cough cough hack wheeze good.
Congrats fellas
:clap:

Do I have it?

Anything else?

PhotoRider

Yes, still interesting. Followed to a tee, measured shorted. Took apart and reassembled exactly the same - OK.
I think what happened is the ceramic rod retaining ring wasn't tight enough and the rod pushed into the top to much when the top & bottom was installed. The retaining sleeve is a friction fit and if the ring isn't tight it may push the rod in too much.

Or the sleeve somehow touched the top threading, but not sure how since it was threaded into the bottom thread assembly completely and it isn't long enough. That's why Bob said to thread into the bottom and not just throw on the rod and then screw the top into into the bottom. You get the sleeve too close to the top threading (short risk) and you can't tell how much the sleeve threaded into the bottom as you put the top/bottom together.

I simply assembled and ohmed at every step... The instructions are right. Don't skip a step.

If you have to head to radio shack or where ever and buy a cheap meter - like $10. I carry one in the truck and motorcycle. Then test as you assemble to get some feedback. Simply ohm the screw (the one with the teflon washers) to the outside threading it is inserted into. Should be open until the rod is inserted then 1.3-1.6 ohms depending on the meter and leads. Never hurts to double check before use after assembly. Especially if it can blow a head. a $10 meter is cheap compared to that...

PhotoRider

so what is the secret to keeping the oil from going into the lower section?

I threw in like at leat 0.5g and just got a couple hits. Looked at the coil and it was dry. Disassembled and the oil dripped below.

So did I over heat it? or?

PhotoRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
so what is the secret to keeping the oil from going into the lower section?

I threw in like at leat 0.5g and just got a couple hits. Looked at the coil and it was dry. Disassembled and the oil dripped below.

So did I over heat it? or?

What you did was not create a seal with the mouth piece.

Unscrew the retainer that holds the screen inside the mouth piece a little bit so it looks like this. Once the air flow gets restricted this means its sealed and ready to rock.

Adjust accordingly so that mouth piece screws all the way in and holds the stainless washer in place.

371D9E3E-55B3-4A64-A3E8-BA925D7EF94C-2681-0000016AB8A7EE77.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Unscrew the retainer that holds the screen inside the mouth piece a little bit so it looks like this. Once the air flow gets restricted this means its sealed and ready to rock.

I'm glad mine is producing MASSIVE Vapor Clouds.
Thanks to you and Bob.

Pretty straight forward!

jpdnkstr

Sorry if this has been covered, are we receiving the washer for the mouthpiece and the AAF washer with our SR-71's, or not? I just want to be ready when my bird arrives!

WaxOnWaxOff

Does anyone know of a better way to create the seal with the mouthpiece? It seems unthreading the insert a little will still allow quite a bit of air to flow through the notches from the area that doesn't pass through the coil. I realize the current solution works, but i'm curious if adding another washer or something like that would be more effective.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Does anyone know of a better way to create the seal with the mouthpiece? It seems unthreading the insert a little will still allow quite a bit of air to flow through the notches from the area that doesn't pass through the coil. I realize the current solution works, but i'm curious if adding another washer or something like that would be more effective.
another part is being made that should be sent out next month

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
It's not gonna be next week. I will test it out tomorrow and put it into production next week.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

exit

OK here was my problem and how I solved it with much help from G

The bottom adapter has two little pins in there with the silicon caps on them. The herc itself was registering 1.7 ohms resistance and if I put it right on the Persei head it would work fine. I ended up unscrewing and popping out both the center pins on the bottom adapter. I put it back together but noticed if they looked like they were in place and I screwed the herc on there would be a little bit of the white silicon cap on the thread side sticking out and it was not flush.

So all I did then was screw the herc onto to the top side of the bottom adapter, and then took a flathead and screwed in the thread side center pin while the herc was still screwed into the other side (to keep the pin from moving) and it tightened up into place and registered 1.7 ohms right away.

After that I put it together dropped in .8 and went cruising all the way to bed time.

PhotoRider

Adjust accordingly so that mouth piece screws all the way in and holds the stainless washer in place.

371D9E3E-55B3-4A64-A3E8-BA925D7EF94C-2681-0000016AB8A7EE77.jpg
So what is happening - the oil is bubbling up and out of the top down the sides of the inter section (where the coil is)?

I thought I had the MP right. I backed off the screen retainer a lot and screwed it in, then adjusted until the MP screwed in all the way (little at a time until it just mated).

PhotoRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G, does the SR-71 come assembled the way it should be? If so, I'm going to take pictures as soon as I open it so that I can recreate the correct setup without problem.

It comes assembled but there could be some issues, that is why we put in manual to take it apart and clean it, so that when you assemble it it is done properly. Sometimes workers might not have tightened down the retaining nut. Its just best that everyone takes it apart and gets familiar with it before using it.

We did not make jokes when we said this thing is going to be a pain in the ass for people, but once you get it up and running its sweet sweet bliss.

Im gonna do a video of correct assembly right now.

Top Bottom