Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

exit

basically, "below" the collar should be a patch of white that is roughly 2/3 the size of the metal end.
does that make sense?

picture 1f in the manual shows it.
metal tip and white exposed, all else under collar

I think I follow what you're saying.
But I took a picture just to be safe.
I know the retaining collar isn't on in this picture, I left it off to show I pushed the ceramic rod up just until the silver collar was no longer visible.

Hope this is right? But I'll wait for someone to tell me before I put it all back together, never was good with instructions :D

AcTGz5il.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I think I follow what you're saying.
But I took a picture just to be safe.
I know the retaining collar isn't on in this picture, I left it off to show I pushed the ceramic rod up just until the silver collar was no longer visible.

Hope this is right? But I'll wait for someone to tell me before I put it all back together, never was good with instructions :D
alright, same page, pic on the left. you are in the right place, HOWEVER! DO NOT ASSEMBLE with that lower peg on. that lower peg needs to be assembled as part of the lower portion, with the screw in it from the connector.
EDiT - it will end up in the same placeas pictured if properly assembled, but if pushed in and it makes contact further it WILL short out your head

EDiT.2 - AND you need the screw collar on first to hold it into place

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Sorry I missed it but does anyone know when the new ship date I'd for the Nibbler XL?

I was actually wondering the same thing. If they end up shipping next week with the new Hercs, that would be some sweet timing. We can always hope.

kindbeats,

exit

I think I just zapped one head... smoke came out from the button and it started blinking like it was out of batteries :lol:

Looks like I accidentally pushed in the ceramic rod farther while re-assembling somehow :doh: waiting for bob's video before I kill my other head

My single top has a a R-three digit serial number and my dual top has 4 numbers with no letters anywhere. Are either eligible for replacement if they're out of warranty? If not can I just buy some tops by themselves.

Last edited:
exit,

cannaman559

Hey guys, I got my herc today but I seem to be having some trouble, any that has some advice please let me know.

So I read through the manual rob posted, very nice btw thanks. I followed everything to a T even went out to get some distilled water for boiling. Did the 5 minutes in a strainer to keep it away from a heat source then wiped it down with a lil iso. Let it dry a lil then ran it for 20 second intervals til it was all dry. I put .5 gram of oil on the coil under the handle, ran the it for like 15 seconds but I couldn't get any vapor....Tried again a few times but still no vapor. Took a look in the coil and the coil was smoking a lil but it wasn't realy producing much vapor when I took a draw. So I took it all apart and put it back together.

Now my persi light just stays on when I screw on the top and I can't press the button it just stays lit and on. I'm sure I must have blown my top, from the smell I definitely did. I must have put the ceramic rod too far in? I was careful to put it in just before the first contact so if thats what did it, that is really easy to do. I guess I need another top? Sigh even when it wasn't blown I couldn't seem to get any good vapes from the oil coil and there was a def metalic taste to it. Ah well can't use it again until I get a new top I guess. Any advice would be appreciated.

Yeah I RTFI pretty damn well too...still no vapor. No blown top tho. Guess ill read the manual again.

cannaman559,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Can we use the sr71 with the long ss tube? Or should we use the regular unit?
I use the SS tube with the HERCULES SR71 and with the DUAL SET UP.

It's slightly shorter and I like the length.

I'm over MEDICATED from this thing!

I hear about blown heads and wonder?

Mine is so powerful.

Does anyone know if this is even legal?

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
video is up
Bob's tips to reduce burnt top syndrome
1. do NOT disassemble the top of the tank that holds the rod when disassembling to clean. if/when you do for a reclaim or to install the AAF, make sure you LOOK at where the rod is making contact. so that you have both the visual in the manual and the piece in your hand.
2. also, when using the herc with the IRIS, i've noticed that it uses a high amount of watts off the batt (like 35) then subsequent presses evens out around 20 (+/- 2).
so make sure you tap it on, release, tap on, then hold, it should reduce the wear on your top.
3. remember, if you have an older persei or haven't had your top replaced recently you are at a greater risk of blowing your top as well.

boil the water first, then add parts, in terms of water.
i shot a quick video, that hopefully clarifies

should be up within half an hour

Last edited:

Squirrel

video is up
Great vid. I guess my herc is the kind that has the rod attached the metal sleeve, so it doesn't really help me cuz when the sleeve is attached you have to screw it in to the top part first then scew it into the bottom. I know that I must of pushed it too far in and thats what blew my top. However, I before I blew my tops because I misplaced my rod, I still couldn't get any good vapor out of it. Put a .5g of some thick simpson style oil, nothing. Put .4 if some nice put co2 oil and a lil vapor came out but thats about it. Tried an old and new set of imr batteries, still nothing. Thats when I took it a part and thought maybe the placement of the rod was off, so that is when I pushed it too far in and blew my tops when I tried again.. When I took the coil out it was smoking vapor and was hot but when I would put it back and try to head and get that vapor, nothing. How do you make this thing produce vapor? Im not sure If I wanna spend all that much more time or oil trying to figure it out.

Last edited:
Squirrel,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Great vid. I guess my herc is the kind that has the rod attached the metal sleeve? Hope that makes sense. I guess it makes sense why they attached it, I know now that I must of pushed it too far in and thats what blew my top. However, I before I blew my tops I still couldn't get any good vapor out of it. Put a .5g of some thick simpson style oil, nothing. Put .4 if some nice put co2 oil and a lil vapor came out but thats about it. Tried and old a new set of imr batteries, still nothing. Thats when I took it a part and thought maybe the placement of the rod was off, I guess that is when I pushed it too far in. Bah. When I took it apart the oil coil was smoking vapor and was hot but when I would put it back and try to get that vapor, nothing. How do you make this thing produce vapor, Im not sure If I wanna spend all that much more time or oil trying to figure it out.
did you have the washer on the mouth piece?

The washer does not go inside the mouth piece. It goes over the oil coil like this.

21D89507-B6B6-450F-AFA6-C0888D6DFC3C-2681-0000016A71504150.jpg

Bob Loblaw,

Squirrel

did you have the washer on the mouth piece?
Indeed I did, someone posted something about the washer placement a few days ago before I got it but still, I remembered its placement from when I first took it apart. I thought maybe my oil coil wasn't far enough down so I did try pushing it down further, maybe thats what pushed my rod.

Squirrel,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys that white part between the two tungsten points need to be visible when you tighten the rod down with the nut. In bobs video he pushes in to far. Soon as first contact is inside the sleeve then you tighten it down so as the whole whit section is visible after you tighten it with the nut.

Squirrel

Guys that white part between the two tungsten points need to be visible when you tighten the rod down with the nut. In bobs video he pushes in to far. Soon as first contact is inside the sleeve then you tighten it down so as the whole whit section is visible after you tighten it with the nut.

Yeah that manual illustrates that well enough, I dont think I tighted the rod holding nut enough and when I pushed oil coil down to try to get it to produce vapor, it may have pushed the rod down to make contact with the sleeve? I dunno, I should have just smoked before hand drrr, I would have been able to think more clearly haha. I just wanted to see what the herc would be like first toke of the day ya know. But I just could not get any vapor out of it. But then my tops blew so I gave up.

Squirrel,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I know that I must of pushed it too far in and that's what blew my top.
Squirrel:

I had a blinking light on my head and the HERCULES SR71 was not working. Thought I blew a head?

However I reset the rod assembly like what Bob shows so well in his video and voila!

Hopefully with resetting your rod you will be back in business?

I got lucky I guess?

This thing scares me!

Like racing flat track with no brakes!

Such a TRILL!

ataxian,

Squirrel

Squirrel:

I had a blinking light an my head and the HERCULES SR71 was not working. Thought I blew a head?

However I reset the rod assembly like what Bob shows so well in his video and voila!

I got lucky I guess?

This thing scares me!

Such a TRILL!

Ah awesome. I dunno I didn't have the blinking light. The light just stays on and there is the smell so Im pretty sure the tops are toast.

Squirrel,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Squirrel:

I had a blinking light on my head and the HERCULES SR71 was not working. Thought I blew a head?

I got lucky I guess?

This thing scares me!

Such a TRILL!

apparently i have it wrong too... pulled the video

exit

Squirrel:

I must have been unlucky because I got LOTS of smoke coming out from behind the button! I unscrewed it from the batteries as fast as I could!

Yeah that manual illustrates that well enough, I dont think I tighted the rod holding nut enough and when I pushed oil coil down to try to get it to produce vapor, it may have pushed the rod down to make contact with the sleeve?

This is exactly what I did wrong. I am 100% sure of it.

edit: I didn't try it out a second time yet. I am being patient before I mess with my last top :D

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

exit

Okay, been tightening the collar, now the rod doesn't move at all.
I just practiced taking it apart and putting it back together like 10 times (no joke) and it looks good every time so far I think...

If I put it all together and then unscrew the two assemblies and pull them apart it looks like this every time (yes I am screwing the lower peg into the bottom first).

If it looks good I'll put it together and hope I don't kill my dual head :D

DFDhAI3l.jpg

exit

One last question (or series of questions)! Sorry for my dumbness and thanks again Bob for all your help.

I forgot to put on this little thing (I believe the manual refers to it as PTFE Insulating Collar). But from the time I took it apart it only had one in there. I cropped it out but in the manual it makes it look like there is one for each end but I didn't see a second of this part anywhere. I, like a dumbass, took it apart promptly without taking any pics of it as it was.

B7qT6LGl.jpg

Is it normal I only have one of these things?

And is this the intended use of it?

TWraaMul.jpg

Thanks again guys!
I'm sure I'll be buying a replacement warranty for my Persei soon...

exit,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Okay, been tightening the collar, now the rod doesn't move at all.
I just practiced taking it apart and putting it back together like 10 times (no joke) and it looks good every time so far I think...

If I put it all together and then unscrew the two assemblies and pull them apart it looks like this every time (yes I am screwing the lower peg into the bottom first).

If it looks good I'll put it together and hope I don't kill my dual head :D

DFDhAI3l.jpg

Here's mine!

MEDICATING SMOOTHLY!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
ataxian ??? dude, that thing with the teflon is supposed to be screwed into the base! not stuck on the end of the rod!
i gotta go. don't blow urselves up while i'm gone, lol

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Looks good! Is that the old herc, looks exactly like mine except mine didn't come with those star washer looking things above the collar. Do we need those?
I used No 10's!
ataxian ??? dude, that thing with the teflon is supposed to be screwed into the base! not stuck on the end of the rod!
i gotta go. don't blow urselves up while i'm gone, lol
Lets discuss when you have some free time?

Mine is working amazingly!

Two large man size hits of vapor and the job is finished.

Did I say I love the HERCULES SR71?

Stock works great!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Top Bottom