Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jpdnkstr

I'm assuming that a dead short is destroying tops, a meter would tell us the hurcs resistance.

jpdnkstr,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Anyway to test the Hurc with a meter before attaching to Persei?

Ok

Ataxian the heater rod post is to close to the nut that holds the ceramic rod in place. There needs to be abotu 1/6 of an inch spacing. When the ceramic heater is connected to the top SS cup and the post the white part in the middle of the two tungsten points is visible.

Ok so assemble the ceramic rod in the top SS cup, screw the nut to hold the rod in place.

Then take that center post and screw it in the middle of the teflon that is seated on the bottom base.

I will have a video up tomorrow.

To test with ohm meter all you would have to do is test it like a normal cart.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

WaxOnWaxOff

Anyway to test the Hurc with a meter before attaching to Persei?
yes, you can test it with a multimeter. Mine read 1.5 ohms.

To test what?

you can prevent blowing your top by making sure the herc isn't going to short it out. There are three ways to do this that i'm aware of:

(1) There are devices that measure the resistance of e-cigarette cartridges
(2) There are e-cigarette batteries (Mod's) that can display the resistance of a cartridge
(3) Use a multimeter

1 and 2 would obviously require the necessary thread adapter.

WaxOnWaxOff,
Reactions: ataxian

jpdnkstr

Something tells me guys with meters are going to have problems with this anyways...... I hope. Can't wait for my SR-71! I have a very old Persei top without numbers, I hope it lasts!

jpdnkstr,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Something tells me guys with meters are going to have problems with this anyways...... I hope. Can't wait for my SR-71! I have a very old Persei top without numbers, I hope it lasts!

It should last as long as you assemble the center post first with the teflon insulators. then complete the hercules by combining the top and bottom together.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Is the air being redirected for the one's not getting vapor??? is the mouth piece screen retainer collar still required to stick out a little bit to make a tighter seal against the washer that sits on top of oil coil????!!!!

:suspicious:

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
G,

I have an original non-serial numbered Persei. And one blown head on another Persei that I don't have the warranty on. The hammer rod from the Bender vape apparently shorted them out, one top at a time. I'm not sure why the failures. The hammer rod works fine on my last working dual top and my 7.4volt telescope mod and the contacts on the rod look 100% . It seems some older tops can't handle the 1200f hammer rod? I've been tied up recovering from treatment (and the removal of another organ, never ends!) and finally have the energy to send these in and start using Bender again. What is the procedure? Can you help with the one blown top that the hammer popped?

I know you have a lot on your plate G. Send me a PM when you have free time, no worries, family first.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I hope you make a full recovery, feel better!
Vape on!
G,

I have an original non-serial numbered Persei. And one blown head on another Persei that I don't have the warranty on. The hammer rod from the Bender vape apparently shorted them out, one top at a time. I'm not sure why the failures. The hammer rod works fine on my last working dual top and my 7.4volt telescope mod and the contacts on the rod look 100% . It seems some older tops can't handle the 1200f hammer rod? I've been tied up recovering from treatment (and the removal of another organ, never ends!) and finally have the energy to send these in and start using Bender again. What is the procedure? Can you help with the one blown top that the hammer popped?

I know you have a lot on your plate G. Send me a PM when you have free time, no worries, family first.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ok

Ataxian the heater rod post is to close to the nut that holds the ceramic rod in place. There needs to be abotu 1/6 of an inch spacing. When the ceramic heater is connected to the top SS cup and the post the white part in the middle of the two tungsten points is visible.

Ok so assemble the ceramic rod in the top SS cup, screw the nut to hold the rod in place.

Then take that center post and screw it in the middle of the teflon that is seated on the bottom base.

I will have a video up tomorrow.

To test with ohm meter all you would have to do is test it like a normal cart.
"G" your right when I put it back together is shorted out.
However it took a couple of seconds to figure it out and I made a 1/16 spacing and made the two tungsten points visible.

Works perfect!

I did learn two rips was plenty.
The 10 rips I was perilously dosing highly unreasonable.

POLLEN PELLETS
2 grams wax
2 grams keif
3 grams fine powered gods gift
0.5 grams shatter from savaged cart.
Compressed to HASH like form.

Last edited:

WaxOnWaxOff

Is the air being redirected for the one's not getting vapor??? is the mouth piece screen retainer collar still required to stick out a little bit to make a tighter seal against the washer that sits on top of oil coil????!!!!

I couldn't get it working until I unthreaded the upper and lower sections of the heater core a few rotations. huge difference after that adjustment.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

very possible and yes
"G" your right when I put it back together is shorted out.

that's exactly what i was trying to warn you about earlier. sorry i didn't explain it better

I hope you make a full recovery, feel better!
Vape on!
ditto!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
very possible and yes

that's exactly what i was trying to warn you about earlier. sorry i didn't explain it better

ditto!
Bob you did warn me!
Thank you!
It made me stop right away and make the adjustment.
No harm no foul!

Added note:

Most of us have other vaporizers we like.
However when time is tight I love my W9 TECH gear!
WHY? SPEED!

Last edited:

jpdnkstr

Oops I meant to type "are not" going to have trouble assembling.

cannaman559

Ive been playing with my sr71 all day trying to figure out how to get a cloud for christ sake!
I have everything assembled correctly (gary even walked me through over the phone), the herc heats up really fast, but for some reason it makes no contact with the goods on my oil coil. No vapor! Anyone have any bright ideas?

cannaman559,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Ive been playing with my sr71 all day trying to figure out how to get a cloud for christ sake!
I have everything assembled correctly (gary even walked me through over the phone), the herc heats up really fast, but for some reason it makes no contact with the goods on my oil coil. No vapor! Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thats very weird, did you insert the washer on top of the oil coil?? did you unscrew the retainer collar in the mouthpiece a bit to make that sit a bit flusher against the washer?

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: tsc.v8

cannaman559

Thats very weird, did you insert the washer on top of the oil coil?? did you unscrew the retainer collar in the mouthpiece a bit to make that sit a bit flusher against the washer?

Yeah washer is on top of oil coil,And retaing collar is flush

cannaman559,

exit

So I got it put together and it's not shorting because it's been working for like 10 minutes but shouldn't it be getting hotter? I wonder if I did something wrong because I would have expected it to get hot a lot faster. Or does it just not heat up very quickly. I've been holding the button for 5 seconds and waiting a while but maybe I should be less resistant to just let the power flow?]

Edit: Woops just realized I misread the directions. Okay gonna give it a shot full blast power nonstop.

cannaman559

So I got it put together and it's not shorting because it's been working for like 10 minutes but shouldn't it be getting hotter? I wonder if I did something wrong because I would have expected it to get hot a lot faster. Or does it just not heat up very quickly. I've been holding the button for 5 seconds and waiting a while but maybe I should be less resistant to just let the power flow?

Mine glows red after 15-20 seconds.
Maybe your batteries are low?

Top Bottom