Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice smoothie recipes! I was going to move the posts into the Cooking section but some of the posts were addressing the vape itself. It looks like this thread is back on topic anyway.

Regarding the "Pen" thread prefixes here in the portables section: They are temporary.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Sweeeeeeeet, Maybe a classification of super powerful portable vapes lol ..........& most of the rest can just be PEN ecig vapes :dog:

I love FC!!!!!:bigleaf:

Vaping and anything associated with healthy is what FC is about, oh & no matter what they say about all you people I still like all of you!!!:rofl::spliff::cheers:

Going to the hardware store to pick up some extra parts to insure a smooth lift off when my SR-71 arrives!!!!

Great job ladies and gentlemen, keep up all the good work and improvements :rockon:

Super Excited,can you tell?

Last edited:

kevin

Guys the Hercs ship out with out the AAF WASHER, It will come only with the top stainless steel washer/cap, we will then get everyone a AAF washer and the top cap washer after we design a quality versions not just some in house make shift solution.

Remember the issue was not the bottom air port so the AAF washer is just an side effect solution to a problem that never existed. Essentially making it a cool upgrade. This is why we think since it was never part of the original design we should make it part of it as a last minute add on and help with different type of concentrates.
Hi G
So does that mean that your going to start shipping out the new Hercs now?
Could you please throw in the AAF (if you have them) also until the new ones are ready, that will save me a trip to the store?
Thanks G
Kevin

kevin,

Katysax

I stopped in again at Delta 9 because I needed some 2.4 cartridges. In the course of my visit I learned several things apropos of the discussions we've been having here:

1. The OPhos has threading for both 601 and 510. The Omicron Light does not. Thus you can use 510 cartridges on the OPhos without an adapter.
2. The Omicron 2.5 comes with an HVD head. Even though the "official" statement is that it does not, it indeed does, but you have to buy the full kit to get the extension tubes.
3. Use a hair dryer, not a flame, to fill the cartridges. I haven't tried this yet.
4. The adapters they sell on the web site are for using Omicron cartridges on a 510, not a 510 on Omicron. To use the CE 4 cartridges that I have I need the adapter that they sell with the CE4 cartridges. They sold me a few of these and my CE 4 cartridges are now working fine on my Persei.

Katysax,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I stopped in again at Delta 9 because I needed some 2.4 cartridges. In the course of my visit I learned several things apropos of the discussions we've been having here:

1. The OPhos has threading for both 601 and 510. The Omicron Light does not. Thus you can use 510 cartridges on the OPhos without an adapter.
2. The Omicron 2.5 comes with an HVD head. Even though the "official" statement is that it does not, it indeed does, but you have to buy the full kit to get the extension tubes.
3. Use a hair dryer, not a flame, to fill the cartridges. I haven't tried this yet.
4. The adapters they sell on the web site are for using Omicron cartridges on a 510, not a 510 on Omicron. To use the CE 4 cartridges that I have I need the adapter that they sell with the CE4 cartridges. They sold me a few of these and my CE 4 cartridges are now working fine on my Persei.

The Ophos is 601 threading only. Naomi told you the ce4 you brought in would work on the ophos without an adapter. This does not make the Ophos a 510 threading as the ce4 only uses ego style threading.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
yeah, the Ophos outer ring is Ego style, inter ring is 601. Why I have it in my user pile :)

A Ego cart supports the 510 inter ring and the Ego outer ring. Many others do also. If it is the larger diameter ego/510 cart, most likely it supports the ego outer ring. Only one needs to be used to hold the cart and mate the center pos post.

Katysax

I guess I'm a little confused on the Ophos threading. Is the Ophos 601 and also Ego style. The Ophos does seem to have an inner and outer thread. Clearly the Ophos supports 601, so the other thread is not a 510?

When using wax is there any reason not to drop a couple of drops of ecig fluid in the cartridge along with the wax. I tried this on a couple of cartridges where I was having trouble keeping the wax flowing, and it seemed to help.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I guess I'm a little confused on the Ophos threading. Is the Ophos 601 and also Ego style. The Ophos does seem to have an inner and outer thread. Clearly the Ophos supports 601, so the other thread is not a 510?

When using wax is there any reason not to drop a couple of drops of ecig fluid in the cartridge along with the wax. I tried this on a couple of cartridges where I was having trouble keeping the wax flowing, and it seemed to help.

CE4's or ego-w style cartridges use the outer threading, these are standard for ego style batteries. The inner threading is different, these are used for smaller cartridges. This allows any 601 or 510 threaded device to use all of the ce4 or ego-w style cartridges.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
CE4's or ego-w style cartridges use the outer threading, these are standard for ego style batteries. The inner threading is different, these are used for smaller cartridges. This allows any 601 or 510 threaded device to use all of the ce4 or ego-w style cartridges.
interesting stuff, Any updates on the SR-71's developments ?
:whoa:

Last edited:

Katysax

Back to my question about using e-liquid. Since I'm having trouble starting cartridges I tried putting two drops in eliquid into the cartridge before melting in the wax. When the cartridge was full it seemed that the first couple of hits were eliquid, but now the cartridge seems to be working very well.

Similarly i had a cartridge filled with wax that just wasn't working. I put in a few drops of e-liquid and the cartridge was fine. It started vaporizing the wax again.

Other than contaminating the load or diluting it, is there some reason not to use e-liquid - I'm using the flavorless zero nicotine stuff - as an aid in using the cartridges.

SlideOrDie

Ok guys the true issue is re

We are on it, server issues big time.

Ok guys update.

The idea of having the Adjustable Airflow is nice but it needs to have a custom washer, although it does fix a problem ( that does not exist ) it also shows us the real issue a Tester was having.

Ok so here is whats going on, A tester told us that his vapor production has gone down to levels up non existence when he switched over from prototype to production model of the SR-71.

After identifying the issue as the third air hole and adding a washer to it in essence creating a adjustable air flow design. Good design but we cant implement it in house the idea having miss matched washers and parts that are not completely designed for the Sr-71 was not right in my head, its like taking a Ferrari and putting a home made rear wing on it.

Conclusion we will be sending out the air flow washers later so as it does not hold up the line. All you have to do is pay shipping, since this was not part of the Original Hercules and it is not a fix to anything only a additional option we believe it should have been included on the original Hercules, but since its not ready and will be included on later production models, we can ship them out when they are ready. Simple solution.

Now on to the real issue that is over looked.

The actual issue of the vapor reduction from prototype to production is air flow was being redirected through another path and not through the Hercules itself. What happens is when the Hercules heats up the teflon shield expands it creates a gap between the actual Sr71 and the teflon sheild, and the way the mouth piece is done the gap allows air to travel between this gap and thus avoid the internals of the Hercules and all you get is hot air, and also this causes vapor from the hercules to be pulled into this small corridor and create the oil issue on the outside.

All this or almost all of it is fixed by over the counter parts, but the Permanent fix is a custom washer that seals it all.

Ok, I understand everything you're saying boss, but those of us north of the border are kinda getting screwed by shipping costs... At first, you said we wouldn't have to send all of our Hercules stuff back to you and then that changed, which I can understand and have accepted... But shipping isn't cheap to and from Canada and is usually $20-30 per shipment... Now we're supposed to foot the shipping bill for the second time again when the custom washers are ready, just so the unit will produce the proper amount of vapor? Kinda bummed out about how much extra this will end up costing just to get a fully functional, complete unit. :(

Breathemetal

Any chances of making packages or package deals on the site?

There are so many options for everything I think it would be helpful to see some "kits".

Breathemetal,
Reactions: Katysax

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Last edited:
Top Bottom