Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

TheToaster

Do not do no more :) warm is enough. Try one w/o burning it off. Some say never do that - risky and shortens life.

Are you using the two 18350's or the single 18650. The 5 ohm is made for 7.4 or the two 18350's.

I'm using the single 18650 as the manual explicitly stated (in big red text) to use the 3.7 volts for priming ALL cartridges. I was just under the impression that the orange glow was to check if it was working properly before loading it up with oil. Should I go ahead and load a cartridge up, prime it, and see what happens with 7.4 volts?

TheToaster,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
I'm using the single 18650 as the manual explicitly stated (in big red text) to use the 3.7 volts for priming ALL cartridges. I was just under the impression that the orange glow was to check if it was working properly before loading it up with oil. Should I go ahead and load a cartridge up, prime it, and see what happens with 7.4 volts?
The 5 ohm only gets warm at 3.6v so every things OK. If you don't have a 2.4 ohm, load the 5 ohm using the procedure with the 18350. Besure to test on foil to be sure the wax is clean.

As posted by Tharealmclovin, the 5 ohm is the deep in. Buy a 2.4 ohm and learn that first.

tharealmclovin

The directions said that but it was later determined that oxidizing or firing dry led to problems with leaky carts. The high temperature causes the seals to leak. We need a constant feed of oil to cool off the internals, with the 5.0's it is easy to burn off that needed supply of (cooling) oil. Which is why the 5.0's have had more issues with leaking IMO

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

TheToaster

The 5 ohm only gets warm at 3.6v so every things OK. If you don't have a 2.4 ohm, load the 5 ohm using the procedure with the 18350. Besure to test on foil to be sure the wax is clean.

As posted by Tharealmclovin, the 5 ohm is the deep in. Buy a 2.4 ohm and learn that first.

Yeah I suspected since the 5.0 ohm cartridge was designed for 7.4 volts that maybe the low voltage was the reason it wasn't glowing. So I loaded up a cartridge with a little over .5 grams of Co2 oil, switched to the two 18350's...and nothing. It's not clogged or leaking or anything, cartridge gets warm/hot, but no vapor. Thoughts?

TheToaster,

tharealmclovin

You did not fill properly. The oil is stuck half way. This was caused by a cold cart when loading. Try warning up the cart about half way down, but be careful not to hear up the bottom by the threads.

I bet once you get it flowing, you will see vapor. When I load 5 ohms I use the 3.7 until I get visible vapor. Then I know it's loaded

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

TheToaster

You did not fill properly. The oil is stuck half way. This was caused by a cold cart when loading. Try warning up the cart about half way down, but be careful not to hear up the bottom by the threads.

I bet once you get it flowing, you will see vapor. When I load 5 ohms I use the 3.7 until I get visible vapor. Then I know it's loaded

I was actually pretty careful not to have a cold cart when loading. I did indeed heat both the loading tool, and about 1/2 way down the cartridge. I was careful not to go too far down so I wouldn't damage the seals and cause a leak. I also followed the included "Flow Chart" about not getting vapor, but it didn't help. I'll try as you suggest and reheat the middle of the cartridge and see if that helps.

So I tried as suggested and reheated the cartridge (over and over and over and over) to see if there was oil that was stuck, same problem no vapor. The flow chart had similar instructions to prime the cartridge, and that didn't help either.

mod note: Please read the rules- back to back posting is not allowed unless 'edit time' has expired. Two posts merged.

TheToaster,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
If the cart is heating its woking (or about to die I guess, but its new.) The wax isn't there yet or its clogged. Can you draw air - if so not clogged. Keep working the wax down. Heat a bit (make sure you heat where you want it to go 1st i it goes toward heat,. Let it cool retry. Repeat until primed. It may take a few tries. It did for me.

PhotoRider,

TheToaster

If the cart is heating its woking (or about to die I guess, but its new.) The wax isn't there yet or its clogged. Can you draw air - if so not clogged. Keep working the wax down. Heat a bit (make sure you heat where you want it to go 1st i it goes toward heat,. Let it cool retry. Repeat until primed. It may take a few tries. It did for me.

I can draw air, so it isn't clogged. I am aware that you don't want the wax to touch cold metal or it will stick, and I was very careful when filling it to obey this wisdom. I've been trying for almost an hour to work the oil down (if that is in fact the problem), but still the same problem of no vapor. I'm going to keep trying to work it down though. Maybe it's just very uncooperative.

do this heat the top of the cart, and try to remove the air bubbler by sucking gently from the bottom fo the cart right from the thread, this removes the air bubble thats stuck in there.

Oh good idea, I'll try that.

Success! Good call on that air bubble, I think that was it. :tup:

Great vape by the way, cartridge is still working despite the abuse I put it through.

mod note: 3 back to back posts merged.

OF

You did not fill properly. The oil is stuck half way. This was caused by a cold cart when loading.

When I load 5 ohms I use the 3.7 until I get visible vapor. Then I know it's loaded

Regarding staying with 3.7 Volts until it's working, that's what the instructions say as well. Switching to full power (four times the heat actually) before it's properly primed is a big mistake IMO. Then again, so is messing with 5 Ohm carts early on.

Easy on that button! It can be easy to get carried away quickly, and toast a 5.0!

Very true. I think the general advice (load half a gram of clean concentrate (that passes the foil test) at a time, never dry burn for any reason (including 'checking for glow', 'pre oxidizing' or anything else), be very careful of proper preheating of the center section when loading and stick to 2.4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts until you've mastered the system) is worth considering seriously as it's the combined experience of a lot of good folks.

When you really know better, you really know better. But until then that advice it intended to avoid the common pitfalls. Take it for what you wish.

OF

exit

do this heat the top of the cart, and try to remove the air bubbler by sucking gently from the bottom fo the cart right from the thread, this removes the air bubble thats stuck in there.

Hey I don't know why I didn't think of this before but good looking out G. Soon as I read this I consulted two carts Ive been meaning to unclog for a while now from laying on their side. Got airflow in both of them right now. Time for the dual cart head!'

1.5 + 2.4 ohm is a deadly combination! not for the weak of heart!! :rockon:

itschad

Well I guess it's time I migrate to this thread from the omicron thread :3 wish I coulda been here sooner.

Question THC, If we get the SR-71 Hercules is there really a reason to also get a hammer? Because can you not take the SR-71 apart and have the hammer fully exposed as with the 3.7v herc? Would it be a bad practice to use the SR-71 like this on bowls/nails/etc?

itschad,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey I don't know why I didn't think of this before but good looking out G. Soon as I read this I consulted two carts Ive been meaning to unclog for a while now from laying on their side. Got airflow in both of them right now. Time for the dual cart head!'

1.5 + 2.4 ohm is a deadly combination! not for the weak of heart!! :rockon:

Careful with DUAL SET UP!
You may become over medicated and couch locked!

ataxian,
Reactions: exit

itschad

Got delivery notification for my persei today

ran home on my lunch break and picked it up.

Guess what the gents over at planetvape used for shipment padding? A bag of ketchup lays potato chips.

I tip my hat to you guys if that is saving you money because I find it hilarous.

exit

Ataxian your photo posts always tempt me so!!!
I have not had the pleasure of trying PURE GOLD or SKYWALKER OG yet!

Two days until SR-71 is supposed to ship and I feel like I'm waiting for CHRISTMAS to happen all over again!

tharealmclovin

Is there a confirmed ship date yet? I have not heard one and am still waiting for 2 replacements.

On the site it says estimated July 31st

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Darb
Top Bottom