Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
@THC Scientific - That may very well be the case. I certainly hope so and look forward to reading the reviews. As I say below, this device is tops on my list, at the moment, of next portable to get. Thanks for the heads-up on it.

@Adobewan - Oh, I know, and I'm not expecting the same performance from a portable system that one can get in a home system. At least not at the frequency or level one gets from a torch and nail. I really just want the best portable available. The Hercules SR-71 sounds like an evolution in the product line and that's good to see. Obviously, they are innovating like crazy and while that can be frustrating for "early adopters", it shows me that this dude is serious about creating the best.

As I say, for now, I have the Dabbler on order, but I'm not expecting that to be my ultimate device. Just a bridge until I get a chance to see how things develop.

As of right now, the SR-71 will likely be my next vape. But I want to hear from some of the "pros" and let any of the first-run bugs get worked out. I appreciate the info and exchanges here.

Forgot to add: Any of you who've used both the Persei and the Dabbler, can you comment on the experience, in general, and the taste in specific? Thanks.

It will be very difficult to compare a portable to a nail. The nail is instant by its nature. Its super hot and putting the wax on it instantly vapes it (mostly). The hit is major and brief. The portables are much different. They are slower to supply and more consistent i.e. steady on production - not just an instant cloud. That in itself is goodness in my book. Both have their place, but apples and oranges.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Guys

You can use your old tanks, or the new coils, you can switch out oils within seconds still all you would need is tweezers or a paper clip to grab the handle of the oil coil.

The 0.5 buffer means it will produce vapor and can continue to produce vapor, but for massive hits i would suggest you load 0.6 or 0.9 and see what it can do. Then tell me how good it was if your still able to stop coughing.

Im not joking with you. 0.5 is a buffer anything above that and your asking for trouble. The SR 71 is by no means conservative, in fact its made to destroy your essential oil collection. It is designed to vaporizer anything and everything you throw in it, even dirty water extracts or anything for that matter that is oil.

G, if one were to load say .6 or .7 and take some massive rips, about how quickly would it burn through the entire load?

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
G, if one were to load say .6 or .7 and take some massive rips, about how quickly would it burn through the entire load?

After its around .4 it becomes a steady stream of vapor.

The Heater is designed to go super hot, so pressing and holding the button is gonna vaporize your oil faster. I suggest you play with it to get the right techniques down.

Or

Just load it press the button and hold on? That seems to work.

But if you want to fine tune it and run it like a refined highly engineered TMV then i would suggest some practice and the thought of not holding the button down for ever.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
half turn is not drastic enough to make a change. The plate that screws is nearly to the end when the batts are in.

How many full turns does it take to properly screw the bottom cap on? And where does the battery sit once this is done? can you show me a picture?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
After its around .4 it becomes a steady stream of vapor.

The Heater is designed to go super hot, so pressing and holding the button is gonna vaporize your oil faster. I suggest you play with it to get the right techniques down.

Or

Just load it press the button and hold on? That seems to work.

But if you want to fine tune it and run it like a refined highly engineered TMV then i would suggest some practice and the thought of not holding the button down for ever.

Ah, I got it now. Thanks G! It looks like you really outdid yourself working on this project. I have no doubts that the SR-71 will deliver and then some!

kindbeats,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
G, are pre-orders going to be up indefinitely or just until your projected stock runs dry?

Bank card is currently offline while waiting for a new copy to come in next week. Moral of my story: don't take a 1.5ohm out with you to the ATM. Because you will forget your card inside the machine.

Edit:
Also, are vaping flowers still a working by-product of the Hercules SR, or is it all big oil business?

Atomsk,

douglas

How many full turns does it take to properly screw the bottom cap on? And where does the battery sit once this is done? can you show me a picture?
This is with the batteries the way they should be
batteryproblem_zpsc99e9fdf.jpg

douglas,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@ataxian - I understand what you are saying. You and I have similar tastes, only I like high-end bicycles, cars, and computers.
Thanks for your words, ataxian.

I have a vast back ground and have worked with some very powerful thinkers.
I also like high end bicycles.
When I lived in FRANCE 1991 I started Cycling since the surf was a bit of a drive.
Each AUGUST I was on the CHAMPS ELYSEE watching the competitors return while drinking a cold Perrier.
In fact my brother in law made the bikes for some of the TOUR DE FRANCE competitors during this time.
Titanium. All CAD designed. I rode the ANDES MOUNTAINS 1995 along the Chilean border of Argentina.

I design in CAD. Plus I do reverse engineering. So like you I am a computer person.
In the 70's I built my own computers starting with 286 processors.
Being a surfer and stoner made it hard for people to understand me while getting my degree.
My nephew while in BERKLY consumed only top shelf meds while maintaining a 4.5 grade point average.
Society has demonized Cannabis unfairly for years.
Being apart of corporate America made me quit cannabis for 30 years.
With the acceptance of cannabis in our present culture I'm glad to be back!

GARY PISSED ME OFF AT FIRST. I finally realized It was user error why I did not first succeed.
"OF" is like a MIT Engineer that I had the pleasure of working with so I listened to his reasoning otherwise I would have move on like many others have. I bought my BENDER from a deflector. Gary comes up with some well made designs.

I had my own manufacturing (CNC) so I think I get it!

exit

I design in CAD. Plus I do reverse engineering. So like you I am a computer person.
In the 70's I built my own computers starting with 286 processors.

Did you ever work on 68k workstations back in the day? :rockon:

I would gladly get a BENDER again if I see a good deal on a used one. I do miss my old one. I felt like it heated unevenly though.

Ill be interested to see what we can do about cooking FLOWERS in the SR-71!
In the meantime I will be making some POLLEN PELLETS out of kief and reclaim from leaky OMI Carts!

exit,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Did you ever work on 68k workstations back in the day? :rockon:

I would gladly get a BENDER again if I see a good deal on a used one. I do miss my old one. I felt like it heated unevenly though.

Ill be interested to see what we can do about cooking FLOWERS in the SR-71!
In the meantime I will be making some POLLEN PELLETS out of kief and reclaim from leaky OMI Carts!
My first computer was a 8088 614K RAM no Hard Drive and a Green lite monitor with 3 1/4" Floppy drive.

I bought most of my stuff from the DELTA NINE VAPES web site. However the BENDER I felt I missed out on the initial launch. (I was traveling.) So I looked around on the web and found one for sell.
I really love the thing. There is this SMOKE SHOP near my House that carries these stir sticks I use between rips. I found the best way to use the BENDER is to stir after drawing to keep the flavor even.
Funny thing is my Daughter loves FUTURERAMA. She made me a Paper BENDER MASK I hung in my SMA.
I feel like a kid again.

The PERSEI is like a fountain of youth!
Tonight is FUTURAMA night.
My daughter wonders why I laugh when BENDER say's anything?
Love his demeanor!
This is when I first got my Medical Marijuana License:
Now:
I still have another drawer full of stuff.
Blame it on BOB!

ataxian,
Reactions: hoptimum

exit

There is this SMOKE SHOP near my House that carries these stir sticks I use between rips. I found the best way to use the BENDER is to stir after drawing to keep the flavor even.

This is what I found too when I was using mine. It is a little too fragile for my liking though, at least on a portable.

VAPIR Bamboo Sticks are GODS GIFT to vaporists IMO!
Everyone should have a 24 pack of these!

eco6HLP.jpg

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
My first computer was a 8088 614K RAM no Hard Drive and a Green lite monitor with 3 1/4" Floppy drive.

Don't ya mean 5 1/4... The 3 1/2 were an upgrade in 1983 :)

I still have my 8088 twin 5 1/2" floppy, 64KB, green monochrome CRT original IBM in the attic - still runs, a copy of windows 1.0 and original PC DOS. 10 min to boot it seems. Added a 5MB HD later. No way I thought I would use all that space...

68000 - how about 6800. That's what we used senior year with this little PCB with a 9 key keyboard and BAR LCD display. Punched in ucode by hand to say HELLO - took a hour...
The TSR-80's were heaven the last quarter - they had a cassette tape.

Ataxian - clean that pipe!!! its well used buddy :D

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Don't ya mean 5 1/4... The 3 1/2 were an upgrade in 1983 :)

I still have my 8088 twin 5 1/2" floppy, 64KB, green monochrome CRT original IBM in the attic - still runs, a copy of windows 1.0 and original PC DOS. 10 min to boot it seems. Added a 5MB HD later. No way I thought I would use all that space...

68000 - how about 6800. That's what we used senior year with this little PCB with a 9 key keyboard and BAR LCD display. Punched in ucode by hand to say HELLO - took a hour...
The TSR-80's were heaven the last quarter - they had a cassette tape.

Ataxian - clean that pipe!!! its well used buddy :D
5 1/4 it was a long time ago!
All my glass is clean and my jars are full!
My cup runs over with SHATTER!

ataxian,

OF

Yeah, I remember early computers from the 70s as well, and was deep into the 'build your own' from the start. We actually waited until the early 80s here for 286 systems...until they could be invented and all.

And this was the day of bootstrap loaders with paper tape readers. As this was 'the good old days' we built our Pong machines out of TTL. Despite lots of effort, we never got on screen scoring to happen before Atari came out with their video game. Lots of research at the local bar at $.25 an experiment. I still recall the first product using a 4004 (a 'dead reckoning' navigator that never did work well). Followed by 4040, 8008 and so on. Fun days. Very different now.

I learned my first computer game, 'Star Trek' played on a PDP8 using a Teletype terminal. Monitor? What's that? Like with TV? You waited for the printer to print you a new map of the universe after every move. Fun game, we'd play it for hours after the shop closed. It turns out you can shoot down your own space station (after stocking up on fuel and torpedoes of course)......who'd have known without trying?

Forget the 5 1/4 inchers, how about 8s? And removable hard disks (the platters, not the drives)? Tape memory? Those we're real men's machines.......

"Who could possibly need more than one K of memory?".

OF

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
For now, I'm going to watch the developments of both the Persei and the Cera. Must admit I'm leaning toward the Persei, but ultimately, the one which tastes and performs the best will get my vote. I should add that it should work like a auto-reloading Ti nail. It should hold a gram or so and each hit should be like a fresh dab. THAT is the ultimate. And it SHOULD be as "brain dead" as doing a dab using a glass dabber, a torch, and a nail. Just heat that mofo up, drop yer globe on, dab, and SUUUUUCK. Why do vapes always have to have a "learning curve"? Christ, we've got microprocessors that can feedback loop ANYthing, it's just not acceptable in today's age to have a $500.00 product (Cera Ti, hello) that requires the user to climb a steep learning curve.

OK, end of rant!

Agree about learning curve.

There are certainly great vapes that have next to 0 learning curve. Solo and INH XP and cloud are extremely ease to use and you will get vaked your first attempt.

THC had a prototype 8 that was dead simple to get good results with but that thing seems to have been forgotten. too bad...

I hope someone can get the new herc to work well with bho
Id actually get a persei if it could handle bho as well as thinner concentrates like PG
I mean, i can get some thinner concentrates like PG but i prefer my crumble

The current persei heads (carts and the herc) work fine with BHO in its many forms.

ru_frothi,

exit

Haha, I'm too young to have used a 6800! 68k's were commonplace enough by the time I was serious about computer. I remember using a Commodore PET when I was only 4 years old though!!

Funny how a bunch of old computer nerds ended up PERSEI fanatics ;) A true programmers vape!

Ahh I love old computers too much. Obviously, i felt compelled to throw the beloved 68k in my signature. the SEGA GENESIS and ATARI ST always has a special place in my heart! I was never programming the GENESIS itself, only the YAMAHA sound chip though!

I'm sure more than a few of your were COMMIE 64 ASSEMBLY HACKERS too!

We can get back on topic anytime :p:lol: never ceases to amuse me how common everyone's backgrounds are around here. It's like we were all destined to be HARDCORE VAPORISTS :rockon:

exit,
Reactions: toros23

toros23

the SEGA GENESIS and ATARI ST always has a special place in my heart! I was never programming the GENESIS itself, only the YAMAHA sound chip though!

Haha, I had a 520ST (and a Genesis for that matter).. That was after my 800XL.. Who needs a damn Amiga! I remember saving up for the tape drive that never worked right.. Saving up for a 1200baud modem.. And don't forget.. Compute Magazine.. Okay, this thread has really taken a turn now.. Fun sig, for sure..

toros23,
Reactions: exit
Top Bottom