Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

2clicker

Observer
So you would stick the white part of the device into some bud and it would heat it up? Still lost on what it actually does. Looks like it can take a beating that's for sure though.

its not for flowers. its for oil. from my understanding you heat the ceramic and just touch oil with it.

2clicker,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
well I decided to move forward and try the double topper again. This time I started with 2 fresh 4 ohm carts both pre-tested good. Filled each with 0.5g of some girl scout cookie wax from the purple lotus. primed immediately on both carts dropped em in the double topper @ 7.4v and ripped away. One of my new tips was too big and was always falling out and eventually got lost. now with one left I can't really use that setup or the silicone so I'm running it bare at the moment. Hits like a beast even though you really can't get a decent seal to draw on it. The resulting vapor is pretty hot IMO, needs filtration and moisturization badly. Hopefully the coming bubbler will fit on the double topper because it needs it. I really think would benefit from a single mouthpiece for the two carts. The other really annoying aspect of the new mouthpieces is that when you do have an overflow you end up with a giant mess all over the place where as with the old design it would end up in the tip (worst case) and more often than not melt back down into the cart automagically. Its a major con and makes me dislike the new metal tips totally. I might NOT be the majority but I never minded the silicone tips.

Tinkering continues, lets see how long this cart combo works reliably.

One super positive thing to say is about the battery life. I have been using the same batteries and same charge for a WEEK now with the single 5 ohm and now some double topper 4.0 ohm. They'll probably die on the next pull but its impressive regardless

We have revised silicon tips coming, they should fit the double top without issues. We will have that on the site soon.

Also contact me if you can well see about getting you the rubber mouth piece.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
We have revised silicon tips coming, they should fit the double top without issues. We will have that on the site soon.

Also contact me if you can well see about getting you the rubber mouth piece.
so glad you guys were on it designing a double tip. :clap: i'll be ordering one of those asap. that hammer looks great; love my herb iron and that embur is prohibitively expensive. keep up the good work :tup:
awesome that your product is helping people (reference to the vid from abc)

Bob Loblaw,

druminfected

This happen to anyone else?

6db1dc60.jpg

When I refilled it with the fill tool I must have pushed it all the way in. I did not notice until after I refilled it. It is at least twice as deep as before. It still works great. Guess I can use any drip tip on this one.

I also noticed the new 4-ohm cart are different than the old 2.4-ohm carts.

c2c52b5f.jpg

4-ohm on left.

Interesting Bruno. I was curious, on the cart that fell in after you filled it, was that a 4ohm cart or a 2.4ohm cart in the 1st picture? I know you showed a 4ohm difference and 2.4 in the 2nd picture.

I really think would benefit from a single mouthpiece for the two carts. The other really annoying aspect of the new mouthpieces is that when you do have an overflow you end up with a giant mess all over the place where as with the old design it would end up in the tip (worst case) and more often than not melt back down into the cart automagically.

A couple other people were talking about their lips don't fit on both carts properly, but this issue isn't a very big one since I only heard a couple people talk about it, but I think the solution to this to make a Y like tube for this. Here's another picture of what it could be like, just think of this as a tube and not a cable heh.

f6ia8.jpg

druminfected,

bruno13

insomniac
Interesting Bruno. I was curious, on the cart that fell in after you filled it, was that a 4ohm cart or a 2.4ohm cart in the 1st picture? I know you showed a 4ohm difference and 2.4 in the 2nd picture.

Yes, it was the 4-ohm cart. You can see in the second picture that it is much shorter inside and there is a lot more space at the bottom. The lower pin was also redesigned. It also looks like you could store about a quarter gram in that lower area before any leaking out the bottom. I have only had one leak but I haven't taken it apart yet to check in there.

bruno13,

OF

Yes, it was the 4-ohm cart. You can see in the second picture that it is much shorter inside and there is a lot more space at the bottom. The lower pin was also redesigned. It also looks like you could store about a quarter gram in that lower area before any leaking out the bottom. I have only had one leak but I haven't taken it apart yet to check in there.

I'm not following. The whole assembly has to go to the bottom of the tube so the seal rests on the shelf in the threaded insert. The only 'extra space' has to be at the top, above the mouth of the tube. I've also seen that center tube 'telescope' into the furnace. Is that what happened here? A shorter center tube is going to be a problem sooner or later, if only from oil leaking in over the top in filling.

For sure I can't see how a 'storage area' below the furnace might work. Even if it didn't leak, how would it feed? I'm missing something here, what is it?

Thanks.

OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac
I'm not following. The whole assembly has to go to the bottom of the tube so the seal rests on the shelf in the threaded insert. The only 'extra space' has to be at the top, above the mouth of the tube. I've also seen that center tube 'telescope' into the furnace. Is that what happened here? A shorter center tube is going to be a problem sooner or later, if only from oil leaking in over the top in filling.

For sure I can't see how a 'storage area' below the furnace might work. Even if it didn't leak, how would it feed? I'm missing something here, what is it?

Thanks.

OF

It is not a storage area. The top and bottom piece don't come together any more. The center pin is alot longer and ther is no second seal down there. The is a lot of space for overflow. I am saying a lot could leak down in there and not come out of the bottom now.

bruno13,

OF

It is not a storage area. The top and bottom piece don't come together any more. The center pin is alot longer and ther is no second seal down there. The is a lot of space for overflow. I am saying a lot could leak down in there and not come out of the bottom now.

It's still not making sense to me, I'm probably just to dense this morning. I'll take another lash at it again later. Thanks.

OF

Edit: This definitely merits some understanding. If the furnace body is sitting higher (and I think you're saying it is?) this impacts where we heat 'melting the load down'.....right? OF

OF,

bruno13

insomniac
It's still not making sense to me, I'm probably just to dense this morning. I'll take another lash at it again later. Thanks.

OF

Edit: This definitely merits some understanding. If the furnace body is sitting higher (and I think you're saying it is?) this impacts where we heat 'melting the load down'.....right? OF

I am sure my explaination is not that great. Look at the picture of the 4ohm cart. The spacing in the picture is about right. There is a lot more space between the vaping element and the lower thread piece. The center pin sticks up alot farther so oil that is not vaped can drip down and pool.

bruno13,

JoeKickass

I have a problem Trustfire 18350, I first noticed my Persei didn't light with a cart on 7.4v but then I found out that one battery will not charge. It reads 3.7v but I've tried it on different li-on chargers and get weird errors on all of them, should I send it back or can I take it to harborside?

Also, 7.4v works fine with other batteries I have...

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I have a problem Trustfire 18350, I first noticed my Persei didn't light with a cart on 7.4v but then I found out that one battery will not charge. It reads 3.7v but I've tried it on different li-on chargers and get weird errors on all of them, should I send it back or can I take it to harborside?

Also, 7.4v works fine with other batteries I have...

Ship it to us boss. LEt me see what we can do.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

bruno13

insomniac
OF, here is what I was talking about.

The new carts have a design that I am not sure I like. I think as a measure to stop leaking they have extended the center pin by about 2 or 3 mm so that leaking oil will not drip out but collect in the bottom until it reaches the hole and then leaks out. So if it does leak out the bottom that lower area must be full.

bruno13,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

The new carts have a design that I am not sure I like. I think as a measure to stop leaking they have extended the center pin by about 2 or 3 mm so that leaking oil will not drip out but collect in the bottom until it reaches the hole and then leaks out. So if it does leak out the bottom that lower area must be full.

Bruno we have found another issue that might be causing the leaks also, we are working on it to implement it into the cartridges.

It is a step by step process. IF it does stop the leaks then we will implement it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

druminfected

Wow bruno, you must go through a lot of oil! never seen someone take apart so many carts before heh. But yeh I see how you would not like it, seeing as it's much easier to claim with the other carts, since you can just push it out. Did you get the parchment paper yet? I actually throw bits of parchment paper with oil on it from either wiping a oily pin or whatever, and the ceramic element in ethanol for a day, and it gets all the oil off of the paper and remaining cart parts. great way to reclaim every drop of oil.

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You guys ready for the next attachment for the Persei?

Lets see if you can guess what it is.

DSC_0699.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
You are right my friend, and also can you tell me what is wrong with this image?

DSC_0697.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: rufrothy
Top Bottom