Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Initial test report on the hammer, 42 min operation from fully charged batteries to dead stage.

Started at 8.4 v and 430c and it died 42 minutes later at 240c at 6.4v the electronics and button where cool to the touch.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Initial test report on the hammer, 42 min operation from fully charged batteries to dead stage.

Started at 8.4 v and 430c and it died 42 minutes later at 240c at 6.4v the electronics and button where cool to the touch.
wow, that's awesome sauce. seriously excited to hear it holds that long of life. any chance of a general price range so we know how much to save up?

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
wow, that's awesome sauce. seriously excited to hear it holds that long of life. any chance of a general price range so we know how much to save up?

We will let you know in a few days, but the kit will include the single click on/click off top, and The Hammer.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

SlideOrDie

This also sounds like a great way to discharge your fully charge 18350's a little bit so you aren't feeding your carts 8.4v :)

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Another possible upgrade we are looking into is the LCD top having the ability to control te temperature. We are confident we can but further testing is needed.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

bruno13

insomniac
Wow bruno, you must go through a lot of oil! never seen someone take apart so many carts before heh. But yeh I see how you would not like it, seeing as it's much easier to claim with the other carts, since you can just push it out. Did you get the parchment paper yet? I actually throw bits of parchment paper with oil on it from either wiping a oily pin or whatever, and the ceramic element in ethanol for a day, and it gets all the oil off of the paper and remaining cart parts. great way to reclaim every drop of oil.

Actually my carts last a long time. I tend to run several grams through them. I did have some old ones sitting around. The 4ohm in the video had leaked, had stoped hitting (but still worked), and had about .3 left in it. I only recovered 0.13. I havent got parchment yet. I like that idea about just wiping it. I actually just use my finger now with one twist of the heater part to wipe the oil off with the tip of my finger and then wipe into a cart instead of melting it with a lighter like in my vid.

Thanks very much. I was just getting back to trying to understand it. Unfortunately it seems it was what I had dismissed as a bad idea....a storage place at the bottom of the cart you can't empty? Yes, the oil isn't leaking out the bottom and making a mess (at least usually), but it's still leaking out of the system and being lost for practical purposes. While nobody wanted oil leaking out the bottom, most guys I think are looking forward to actually vaping the oil they spent so much for rather than wondering what's happening. As I understand it, the cart could run dry while still showing oil left by weight as the oil in the lower area is no longer available but still contributes weight?

Are these "improved" carts marked in some way so you at least know not to trust the weight any more?

Thanks very much for the extra effort, maybe I just didn't want to believe it?

OF

My cart was 'dry' but still weighed 0.3 heavy. You can still recover it is just a bit harder and messier. You will now need to get some 'butch' tools to pop the bottom off. I do not think removing just the pin will work now.

bruno13,

OF

My cart was 'dry' but still weighed 0.3 heavy. You can still recover it is just a bit harder and messier. You will now need to get some 'butch' tools to pop the bottom off. I do not think removing just the pin will work now.

Sounds about right to me. Bummer is only some users are going to melt the residual out (many can't or don't want to deal with it) and a much smaller fraction are going to be willing to hack into the cart itself (how many of us do that now?). Given the prize (worth $15 or so?) might change that somewhat.....

Be interesting to see how this sorts out, but from a personal point of view I'm not sure it's a positive change?

Thanks for the information.

OF

OF,
Reactions: bruno13

Robaba89

The new carts with the "storage area" at the bottom... How exactly does the oil end up down there?
Is it a frequent problem & can it be prevented with care?
Is there a way to tell these apart?
I don't like the idea of it at all.

Persei is still in chicago sort facility... 7 days since it arrived there, 9 since it hit USA. Didn't realize the wait would be so bad lol.

Robaba89,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The new carts with the "storage area" at the bottom... How exactly does the oil end up down there?
Is it a frequent problem & can it be prevented with care?
Is there a way to tell these apart?
I don't like the idea of it at all.

Persei is still in chicago sort facility... 7 days since it arrived there, 9 since it hit USA. Didn't realize the wait would be so bad lol.

We have had no issues of anything leaking into it, but we are taking steps to change the cartridges a little bit to make sure it does not.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

I know it's not manufacturer recommended but I love 2.4 ohm carts at 7.4v

:mmmm:

Thanks DubC for letting me know someone tried it first ;)

JoeKickass,

DubCRider

That is the ultimate beauty of the Persei. My roommate got one and his go to setup is 3.7v/5ohm. He likes the wispy but super flavorful rips Vs my abundance of 2.4ohm mystery carts I'm trying to destroy at 7.4v.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i was just saying how i love my persei as i can put any kind of oil in any kind of cart and find a setting to rip it on. i had a few slow running 2.4 ohms from my omi that i threw on at 6v and they rip with very little power. will def. get the lcd top so i can run those closer to 5v tho ;)

Bob Loblaw,

OF

We have had no issues of anything leaking into it, but we are taking steps to change the cartridges a little bit to make sure it does not.

Really? It sure looked like collected oil in there in the disassembly video but having never seen one (let alone used it an opened it up) that's all I have to go on. Well, that and the report that there was what (?) .3 grams trapped in there? For sure if oil never leaks in it's not a problem, but one has to wonder what the function is then?

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
posted in omi thread as well, but i figured it share here too.
as an e-cig user (over 2 mos w/ no tobacco) i have all these caps for cartomizers for the KR808D style batteries. in using the omi i noticed that the little white cap they provide is the same as the plug where my drip tip goes on the end of my KR808 carts. since they were interchangeable i figured that the little rubber cap that keeps it from going dry that goes over the entire cart would perfectly cover an omi cart. i was correct! way easier to remove. wouldn't necessarily suggest with Pure Gold, but it works great for my oils. just an fyi.

Bob Loblaw,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
You are right my friend, and also can you tell me what is wrong with this image?

DSC_0697.jpg

Looks sweet to me. Especially the Chrome!

Only thing wrong with the picture is there is no medicine in it

ru_frothi,

JoeKickass

Yeah when I bought mine I was so tempted by the chrome but was afraid it might be too flashy/girly... but it looks so sexy...

The black finish is rock solid though, I've taken a razor to it to try to get the logo off... nope, neither was even marked...

Timeless quality :tup:

JoeKickass,

OF

True I suppose but its grown on me...

Really? Where? What, it's kinda like a tatoo? Can it be removed?

Depending on where it is, it could be embarrassing, or give the cops reason to search you and your car, or mean you don't have to buy your own drinks all night long. I guess it depends on the crowd you're hanging with too.

Anyway, how long did this take to develop? I think maybe I wanna put down for a little while before logos and other stuff starts growing on me....least ways until I think this out.

Thanks for the warning.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys the logo is laser etched.

OF unless someone has a high powered laser nearby I wouldn't worry about a logo popping up anywhere on your body, unless you get drunk at a college party and pass out. Then that depends where you at and fraternity your in, but I'm guessing getting a logo would be better then alternatives?

Haha it's always a pleasure reading your posts man.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Haha it's always a pleasure reading your posts man.

Glad to send a smile or two your way from time to time when I can. Lord knows you've sent more my way....and a to a bunch of other guys in the process.....

Please keep doing what you're doing so well, and I'll cut back on the drinking with the Frat Men.....

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok guys update,

We calling the pass through system "The Reactor"

Another option will be announced soon.

Looking at a 10 FT cord for semi portability around the house or office.

BTW loving the tats.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Joe is that your tats? and are you willing to do a tat of Omicron Persei 8 Invasion has started. For lets say $1,000

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom