Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
if ur using it for herbs, go 3.7 and ur fine to buy now. if ur using it for oil the first revision is made and going out. most reports are good for oil (which was the problem) herb is all good, but if you go 7.4 i'd make sure you have some 3v batts as it'll be less prone to combustion at 6v. grind fine. pack loose, shake often
Thanks Bob for that information.
I have a 6V battery setup for the FLOWER vape.
Is that your take?

bigreed

Hey, I just purchased the Persei. I followed the directions according the wiki page on how to pre oxidize my cartridges. However one still tastes incredibly like metal and the other doesn't heat up at all. I was wondering if there are any other tip/tricks not listed on that page.
I also followed wiki directions and have a strong metal taste in a 1.5ohm from a local shop.. Not sure what to do the local shop is very uneducated and out of touch with the product and won't offer me anything but another cart at full price.. I already have 50$ (very rare in my area) worth of yummyness inside but I dont feel comfortable with the taste and smell its starting to give off. :-(

bigreed,
Reactions: OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
no bro, slow down, re-read, if you DON'T have an iris AND you are using the 7.4v herc, then you need two 3v batts, however if ur using the 3.7v herc ur fine
all of this applies to the use of flower

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: ataxian

OF

Hey, I just purchased the Persei. I followed the directions according the wiki page on how to pre oxidize my cartridges. However one still tastes incredibly like metal and the other doesn't heat up at all. I was wondering if there are any other tip/tricks not listed on that page.
I also followed wiki directions and have a strong metal taste in a 1.5ohm from a local shop.. Not sure what to do the local shop is very uneducated and out of touch with the product and won't offer me anything but another cart at full price.. I already have 50$ (very rare in my area) worth of yummyness inside but I dont feel comfortable with the taste and smell its starting to give off. :-(

Gentlemen,

First off, welcome to the Forum to you both. Doubly sad we should meet two new owners for the same reason (most guys come here in trouble of some sort, really) at the same time.

First off, the system is solid, thousands of guys successfully use it, many in a very casual manner. There are limits, though, and you need to stay within them.

Start with 2.4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts and stick with them until you master the system. I don't mean just learn it, or able to get 'fat rips on demand and want more' I mean never ever screw up. With the high power carts one screw up is often all you get.

Do not 'oxidize' or ever dry burn a cart for any reason. The heater wire runs through rubber seals so without concentrate to cool it it can melt or burn even the seals and get hot enough to blow out and fail outright. Or you can blow the bulk heater and have feeding problems for the entire load. Don't dry burn, ever. There's basically no benefit and serious risks.

Load carefully. Weigh the empty (they vary) then load about .5 grams. Don't load more unless you're ready to deal with increased chances of leaks. Once leaks get started, they seldom 'go away' for long. You don't want leaks. Review the loading instructions on the D9 site carefully. The key is keeping the part under your fingers (where the seals are) cool enough to survive while getting the center of the cart hot enough before trying to transfer the load down.

Correctly load half a gram of 'fair to good' oil in a 2.4 Ohm cart (the most forgiving of the lot) and get to learning......

Now, to the recovery part. The best way is probably to reach into the connector and pull the center pin out. Small pliers, tweezers or even prying with a bent paperclip will do it. Pull the center pin out far enough to cut the wire soldered to it. Then dig out the rubber grommet the pin was sitting in. You now have a hole a bit over 1/8 inch to work through.

You now need a bamboo skewer (my favorite), bit of coat hanger or similar to push the insides out the top of the tube. The first thing inside past the metal ring the rubber was on is a rubber 'piston' seal with a hole in the middle. Ideally you want to angle the rod in to miss that hole so the piston wipes the tube on the way up the first time. Otherwise push the lot out onto a plate or piece of glass or similar. If you miss the round seal at the bottom, try again, it's in there.

Good luck guys. Good choice of gear, too bad about the rocky start.

OF

OF

Soo... Its my fault my cart has this smell and taste coming from it?

No, although you might have helped......

You were trying to use it more or less as intended so I think of if more as a misunderstanding? No fault assigned on this one in my little garden kingdom. That is, with a different approach I think you'll get much better results. A firm foundation to build skills on.

Best wishes.

OF

bigreed

Woow seems the metal taste has gotten to him... I dont understand at all where your coming from. I've had my PV from d9 for many months and use many carts with success beginning to end with nothing but the wonderful taste of my errls..

Thanks tho for your reply. ID like to maybe get a reply from someone associated with d9 on the subject of taste and smell coming from the cart...

bigreed,

tharealmclovin

Woow seems the metal taste has gotten to him... I dont understand at all where your coming from. I've had my PV from d9 for many months and use many carts with success beginning to end with nothing but the wonderful taste of my errls..

Thanks tho for your reply. ID like to maybe get a reply from someone associated with d9 on the subject of taste and smell coming from the cart...
your best bet is contact them directly instead of waiting and hoping they read a forum thread.

The metal taste has been gone over before. Some carts get it more than others. Keep in mind...THE CARTS ARE MADE OF METAL...that may have something to do with the taste. Also sounds like you overheated at some point.

bigreed

... This is disgusting

And Id like to talk about this publicly as I didn't purchase it from d9 but from a local store that carries there products and deems them as one of the safest to inhale..

bigreed,
Reactions: OF

tharealmclovin

... This is disgusting

And Id like to talk about this publicly as I didn't purchase it from d9 but from a local store that carries there products and deems them as one of the safest to inhale..
it has been talked about publicly already plenty of times in this thread and the Omicron thread. If you want someone from d9 to help contact them through their site

EDIT: I see you are using 1.5 ohm carts... how long did you use your 2.4's before you started with the 1.5's??

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

... This is disgusting

By all means speak your mind, please remain civil about it, but be honest about how you see it?

I'm not sure what's concerning you. Vaping is way better than blazing, yes some vapes are better than others perhaps, but as a class they're a big step forward IMO.

If the concern is metallic and other tastes as has been said we've discussed it a fair bit (you're not the first to notice it). Much of the original tastes went away with a change in washing in production. Several versions of 'pre burn' and oxidation schemes were tried. The last few times we've discussed this as a group the feeling was more carts are wrecked than helped that way. In general, cart related tastes go away quickly, those a few dozen hits into the load are probably concentrated related. Here 'tastes great on my nail' doesn't count. Some just don't taste the same or even good at all in carts.....go figure.

So what specifically about it is so disgusting? There are some alternatives.....

OF

bigreed

OF why do you continue to place the burden of this issue on me??

First you said its because how I use it now its because what I put in it... Negative sr thanks for trying tho.

What's your modivation in pushing me asside as a newb with newb issues?

I wanna know what the stank is? You seem to know something and just beat around it..

Besides all possible "user error" what's creating this smell sr.

bigreed,

bigreed

Strait up am I smoking Chinese death? Just the last to find out?

mod note: No more BS on "Chinese death" please.

bigreed,

OF

What's your modivation in pushing me asside as a newb with newb issues?

I wanna know what the stank is? You seem to know something and just beat around it..

Besides all possible "user error" what's creating this smell sr.

I'm actually trying to help.....but I can see that's not what you want. You can dismiss my efforts as you wish, however, the information is valid.

OK, so you're an expert, sorry for the mistaken impression, what do you think it is? If I followed it at one point you did fine with (a 1.5 Ohm?) cart until you reloaded? Since you're sure not to like my thoughts on that event I'll save them, perhaps you have an idea?

OF

tharealmclovin

If it was the cart...it would have tasted like that from the start. You either
a.) tainted it with new concentrate
b.)overheated the cart (which we all know is probably the case and is why all the veterans went back to 2.4's)
c.) you have an old cart that some people complained about but was determined to NOT BE AN ISSUE AT ALL

Take your Pick. My guess is a combo of 2+3

:horse::wave::doh:

OF

See once again blaming what I put in it.. I refilled with the same batch.

No, actually I was thinking you got an air bubble trapped in the process so the wicks ran dry even though there was plenty in it......a common occurrence. I was sure you wouldn't like it, still am FWIW.

So if you're not getting these problems the same way everyone else does (the things I've suggested) I'm even more interested in what you think is your problem?

OF

tharealmclovin

No, actually I was thinking you got an air bubble trapped in the process so the wicks ran dry even though there was plenty in it......a common occurrence. I was sure you wouldn't like it, still am FWIW.
So if you're not getting these problems the same way everyone else does (the things I've suggested) I'm even more interested in what you think is your problem?

OF

Exactly why we went back to 2.4's. The hotter carts vape the oil out of the heater leaving the coil dry for a brief moment while the oil resoaks...this is what casues the problems IMO

max

Out to lunch
bigreed said:
ID like to maybe get a reply from someone associated with d9 on the subject of taste and smell coming from the cart...
Since you don't like what you're hearing from experienced users here, I suggest you wait until you do get a response from a company rep. You're also free to contact the company directly. What's been going on here is accomplishing nothing but ill will and a thread derail, so consider this an official FC directive.

Vitolo

Vaporist
What deems these carts safe?

Are they made in the us?

What's in side them
All this info is in this thread.
careful use of search feature can get you close, but much time is being spent right here that could be used reading back through earlier posts... where the carts, and their makeup was discussed at greater length.

NOTE-
I would like to thank all of you that tested your Persei Double tops when I asked about the Blinking issue.
You were all helpful~

Top Bottom