Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Guys thank you for loving the Piece but at this time we can not do a discount code. We have done so many discount codes and have taken care of the FC community far more then i have any other forums.

This is American Glass made by scientific Glass blowers not your regular glass blower, this takes a lot more work then the Bender, there is just no way for us to do it any cheaper. I would love to have had this made in India or China, but then again people will complain that its not American. So we made it American but the price comes with it when its made in America.
i get it!
My company has tried to manufacture in the state of California however the cost is double than it is overseas. i resently sold my assets (cnc machine and tools). the quality is better state side however people want cheap. logistics cost.

ataxian,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Guys thank you for loving the Piece but at this time we can not do a discount code. We have done so many discount codes and have taken care of the FC community far more then i have any other forums.

This is American Glass made by scientific Glass blowers not your regular glass blower, this takes a lot more work then the Bender, there is just no way for us to do it any cheaper. I would love to have had this made in India or China, but then again people will complain that its not American. So we made it American but the price comes with it when its made in America.

Hey, ya get what ya pay for too. Having worked at a glass shop, you BLATANTLY see the difference. Even between american sci blowers, they differ (without regard to glass thickness [3mm to 9mm even seen a 13mm tank, but it sucked). you can see who put effort in and who uses a line style production or offs work to fellow blowers (some not of comparable caliber).

The china offs are cheap, for business and quality.

Though ive never checked the d9 glass stuff (never had the cloud density/burn to really justify getting one). But this one seems like an A+. It, for the most part (if case kept) retains the portability of the unit.

But the Nibbler X keeps it portable boys. Interested to see peoples reactions, price aside.

But im stoked to see those 1701s! 4 out of 5 of the most recent 3 ohmers used tasted really really odd with PG. Never tasted this taste before in the carts, from beginning to end. I usually never cough on PG but this weird rubbery type taste cause coughing, and the taste is so foul its almost emetic.

Porquiplane,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Since the nibbler is exactly what I've been after, I'd buy it at that price rather than complain about how it should be a whole whopping $40 less made by some random guy off the street.

The only reason I'm not ordering it this very minute, is that I don't have access to any oil to use in my persei, currently I only use it as the bender.

If I had oil to vape this nibber would be amazing with the persei.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Since the nibbler is exactly what I've been after, I'd buy it at that price rather than complain about how it should be a whole whopping $40 less made by some random guy off the street.

The only reason I'm not ordering it this very minute, is that I don't have access to any oil to use in my persei, currently I only use it as the bender.

If I had oil to vape this nibber would be amazing with the persei.
i plan to get a nibbler once i get my upgraded HERCULES. The carts are working so well I have become patient!

ataxian,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I don't have too. $20 worth of connectors and simple tubing and I have a portable water-cooled Omicron that I've been using for 6 months now.

I'd love to see a pic so we can compare the 2 setups. If its fair to compare the price its fair to compare the result and quality no?

Already has tubing because glass is expensive....

darkrom,
Reactions: ataxian

darkrom

Great Scott!
i plan to get a nibbler once i get my upgraded HERCULES. The carts are working so well I have become patient!

It works with the herc?

I've been trying to keep up with this thread but its hard. What is the current "state of the herc" haha. Last I heard they were making improvements to allow it to work with herb better is that correct? How would the herc in its current state do with bud and/or bubble hash?

I've been trying to go back and read, but its especially hard in this thread. I'm one of the people who thinks each vape (the persei, the bender, the herc, etc) deserve their own threads. Similar to how back in the day the thermovape T1 thread was the same thread for the evolution, then they finally split it off into another thread.

That and the fact that they never stop coming up with new stuff makes it hard. Iris, nibbler, gloc etc. I love it, but damn I can't keep up!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It works with the herc?

I've been trying to keep up with this thread but its hard. What is the current "state of the herc" haha. Last I heard they were making improvements to allow it to work with herb better is that correct? How would the herc in its current state do with bud and/or bubble hash?

I've been trying to go back and read, but its especially hard in this thread. I'm one of the people who thinks each vape (the persei, the bender, the herc, etc) deserve their own threads. Similar to how back in the day the thermovape T1 thread was the same thread for the evolution, then they finally split it off into another thread.

That and the fact that they never stop coming up with new stuff makes it hard. Iris, nibbler, gloc etc. I love it, but damn I can't keep up!
What happen to the IRIS?
Seem like a must have!

ataxian,

Darb

It works with the herc?

No unfortunately it doesn't. I wish it did because I might be interested in it.
I like the Herc and now find the origional carts to be obsolete(for me). I just don't have the extra time it takes to achieve the desired effect with the regular carts.

Darb,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
No unfortunately it doesn't. I wish it did because I might be interested in it.
I like the Herc and now find the origional carts to be obsolete(for me). I just don't have the extra time it takes to achieve the desired effect with the regular carts.
I liked the HERCULES better than the carts as well. Just making the best of time while waiting the upgrade to the HERCULES.
Flowers were so abundant this last harvest I will just back off on the concentrates until the devices get corrected.

ataxian,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

Be aware that The Nibbler and Nibbler x aren't compatible with the Hercules. Another reason why I may save my money until a Hercules compatible version is made.

kindbeats,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Be aware that The Nibbler and Nibbler x aren't compatible with the Hercules. Another reason why I may save my money until a Hercules compatible version is made.
So what's the point of a nibbler then?

I have two HERCULES.
One with a broken heat element and a new one in the box it came in.
The carts are working really well and 1/2 gram of wax goes a long way.
The HERCULES produces really good flavor however consumes a lot of material the way it is currently.

With the upgrades the HERCULES will be a game changer!

ataxian,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
So what's the point of a nibbler then?

The Nibbler and Nibbler X are water filtration devices designed for the original Omicron and Persei style carts only. The Nibbler is considered an at home piece and the Nibbler X is a portable. I personally don't have a need for water filtering standard carts but the Hercules delivers nail sized dabs and could definitely benefit from some water.

kindbeats,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
But im stoked to see those 1701s! 4 out of 5 of the most recent 3 ohmers used tasted really really odd with PG. Never tasted this taste before in the carts, from beginning to end. I usually never cough on PG but this weird rubbery type taste cause coughing, and the taste is so foul its almost emetic.
thumbnail.asp
thumbnail.asp

OF = gave name of www.tropicalvapors.com

Will these work with PURE GOLD?

ataxian,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Does anyone know exactly what upgrades are being done to the herc? I want to use it for flowers and bubble hash. Does the current one do that well is what I'm asking? I want to get the herc when it can be used the way I'd expect, throw herb in and enjoy.

darkrom,

Darb

Does anyone know exactly what upgrades are being done to the herc? I want to use it for flowers and bubble hash. Does the current one do that well is what I'm asking? I want to get the herc when it can be used the way I'd expect, throw herb in and enjoy.

There will be a new bottom connector, new heat shield, new mouthpiece, and new heater. Basically everything but the oil tanks.
The herc works great with oil but I think the bender will do a better job with herbs.

darkrom

Great Scott!
There will be a new bottom connector, new heat shield, new mouthpiece, and new heater. Basically everything but the oil tanks.
The herc works great with oil but I think the bender will do a better job with herbs.

I've already got the bender. Is the herc really not going to do herbs well after the upgrades? So the current one on the site for $90 is probably not worth it for me if I'm not planning on using anything but herbs and bubble for now?

darkrom,

Darb

I haven't tried my herc with flowers yet as I prefer concentrates.
When the new parts arrive ill give it a try.

Darb,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I saw vito using it with herbs, just not sure if its worth the money. I mean I guess there is no point buying it if they are working on revising it?

darkrom,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I saw vito using it with herbs, just not sure if its worth the money. I mean I guess there is no point buying it if they are working on revising it?
if ur using it for herbs, go 3.7 and ur fine to buy now. if ur using it for oil the first revision is made and going out. most reports are good for oil (which was the problem) herb is all good, but if you go 7.4 i'd make sure you have some 3v batts as it'll be less prone to combustion at 6v. grind fine. pack loose, shake often

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: NoName

LupineFiasco

Hey, I just purchased the Persei. I followed the directions according the wiki page on how to pre oxidize my cartridges. However one still tastes incredibly like metal and the other doesn't heat up at all. I was wondering if there are any other tip/tricks not listed on that page.

LupineFiasco,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom