Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

OF 700 mah? I just ordered 4 800mah ones from D9....did I fuck up?

You? Fuck up? Perish the thought......

I'm sure they'll be OK (or D9 wouldn't list them....), but as I said I think the extra for AW brand is worth it (including the claim of modestly higher capacity). In testing the AW version has lower internal resistance, so we can get more brute force power out (important to us). They also seem to last longer (number of cycles).

They are generally considered 'the best' which is I think why D9 carries AW as well. I think the 800s might be fine for less demanding use (like Omicron carts), but when the chips are down I'm a fan of 'the good stuff'.

So what about my 800mahs though? Should I contact G and ask him to switch to 700s? Which are really the best of the 2?

For my money, yes.

OF

OF,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Thanks OF. I'll contact him later if he doesn't happen to see this. I'm more than happy to paypal the difference to make it easy.

darkrom,
Reactions: OF

kevin

Thanks OF. I'll contact him later if he doesn't happen to see this. I'm more than happy to paypal the difference to make it easy.
DK
You can go into your account and cancell this order and then make new one, or you could call and do the samething to make sure they don't ship the first order.
Kevin

kevin,

darkrom

Great Scott!
DK
You can go into your account and cancell this order and then make new one, or you could call and do the samething to make sure they don't ship the first order.
Kevin

How do I cancel it on the site? All I see is how to re-order it.

I ordered what I had. Right now I'd have been better off not buying used. Not only is it costing me more, but its taking longer too.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Worst case the 18350s 800 mah shipped out... they still gunna do the trick? Maybe aim for 2 bowls per charge tops and just deal with it (should be plenty for me with 4 batts).

darkrom,

kittyboy

Worst case the 18350s 800 mah shipped out... they still gunna do the trick? Maybe aim for 2 bowls per charge tops and just deal with it (should be plenty for me with 4 batts).
just use phone and reach out and touch someone. they will take care of it. Phones do work for somethings.:rockon:

kittyboy,

OF

Isn't that just like D9 to rush your order out the door?

I haven't tried them, of course, but my guess is they'll do OK. Perhaps a bit slower to heat, and with a little more heat generated in the battery and Persei in the process, but I bet you'll sort it out. A shift in timing and maybe a difference in 'hits per charge', but nothing a guy like you can't deal with.

Provided you don't drop it someplace nasty in the process, of course. With glass involved, that opens up whole new possibilities come to think of it......

Good luck, DR. I figure you're about due.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
darkrom please contact d9v so that they can catch it before it leaves the door.

818-849-6133

THC SCIENTIFIC,

darkrom

Great Scott!
darkrom please contact d9v so that they can catch it before it leaves the door.

818-849-6133

Too late they shipped lol. As long as they will power it for 2 bowls I'll adapt. I'm used to the T1 anyway. I'll get the 700s next order if the 800s will do the job for now.

darkrom,
Too late they shipped lol. As long as they will power it for 2 bowls I'll adapt. I'm used to the T1 anyway. I'll get the 700s next order if the 800s will do the job for now.

I've used a pair of 800s to get through 2 bowls, no problem. However, I haven't compared how the heat-up times and device/battery heat compare bw the 700s and 800s.

kittyboy

Damn bender still at regional center I am praying it makes it to local po by early AM so I can pick it up when it opens......... Waiting patiently not a game i am good at.........

kittyboy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I've used a pair of 800s to get through 2 bowls, no problem. However, I haven't compared how the heat-up times and device/battery heat compare bw the 700s and 800s.

Good to know. I'll order the 700s next time, but I'm glad my mistake wasn't so critical. Thanks everyone.

darkrom,
if you want to power the Persei or the Bender with a pass through power supply then i suggest you wait about a month for it. We have The Core in the last leg of development.

Yo G, any update on the release of the Persei Bub?

Can we look forward to a Bender gong adapter? :brow:

Will the D9 crew be at the Kush Expo in LA this weekend?

Edit: I have an update on my initial experiences with the Bender.

Earlier I reported that I was able to get through only 2 loads (1 g) on a fully charged set of aw imr 18350s 700 mAh. Tonight I was able to go through 1.5 g (3x 0.5g loads) on a fully charged pair of imr 18350s 800 mAh. I'm pretty sure I could get a few hits into a 4th load, but that would just be excessive. :p

The variable with the most significant change b/w the first trial and this one was the cumulative time of the trial. During the first run, the 2 loads were spread over about 3 hrs (3 episodes of Breaking Bad). In this latest trial, the 3 loads were spread over about 1 1/2 hrs (1 1/2 episodes of Breaking Bad). Could this account for the difference?

I noticed that the warm-up time with the 800's was about 10 sec longer than the 700's (30 s vs. 20 s). However, I didn't notice any significant increase in the temp of the Persei body.

Perhaps I had improved my technique and, consequently, improved the efficiency?

The flavor is still impeccable.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
when i first started using the Bender i used the 1200 deg. Hammer cart and top i had previously owned. this mornin' i pulled out the cart that came w/ the Bender and it reduced my heat-up time from 45 sec. to 30 sec.

also for those wanting to mate their bender to a water piece, i have a great suggestion. Planet Vape makes a ECTWA (extract cartridge to water-piece adapter). If you mated one to each end of their tube (2 instead of one), Size of bender is 18mm so at least one that size, the other matching ur water piece, you would be set. i'm sure if you contact PV they would sell you two on the same tube.

kittyboy

THE BENDER HAS LANDED. just finished first test drive with the newest addition to family. I had the original trust fire batteries and got about 3 bowls. or maybe 15 draws. Lost count sorry. had 2 flavors to try and found both boutique shined through uniquely. I am not filling up entire area and it works well. Getting nice flavor. I think you have a winner G!!

a few suggestions to users. Be careful with glass by using a wash cloth to wrap each piece if not storing in special case container etc. Continue to draw in after letting button go as it will still be enough heat passing through. I took off mouth piece several times to have vapor rising out so I put it back on and kept drawing.
Slow long draw will keep from combusting vs several draws like puffing on pipe. I had no combustion.

Get lots of charged batteries!!!! U will never want to put it down.

Persei Hammer has the juice so u will get large clouds if u heat it up. Adding a drop or two of concentrate to herb before filling would allow for enjoying. It definately gets hot enough to vaporize. IMO.

:tup::tup::tup::tup::bowdown: Great job worth the wait. Now I am getting real excited for herc and universe.

kittyboy,

Darb

The wait is killing me. My tracking info still says Electronic shipping info received. USPS is on top of things as usual I see. Lol

Darb,

kittyboy

columbus day messed them up for sure. I snatched mine at PO as they sorted trucks. hopefully yours will be out today for delivery.

okay been through two battery changes and what I am finding to work is fill bowl about 1/2 full.
If i go bigger it seems to heat up too much and flavor suffers quicker. I wait about 15 seconds and start to draw slowly. Keep Drawing for 10 seconds and let button go continuing to draw. Hit button on off continue to draw and then after letting button off draw for at least 10 more seconds. I am stirring between each draw.
I might get 4-8 draws on 1/2 bowl before taste effected.

Seems when u can feel heat on outside of glass you have more then enough heat to get vape.

Design wise I really like the bender. It bending top allows to easily use. My problem on regular head is keeping button pressed in. Not sure but button seems too recessed for the long holds vs quick punches when using carts. Does Regular hammer head have on off ?

Will keep testing and reporting. :rofl: Someone got to since OF not received his yet. :rant:

kevin

okay been through two battery changes and what I am finding to work is fill bowl about 1/2 full.
If i go bigger it seems to heat up too much and flavor suffers quicker. I wait about 15 seconds and start to draw slowly. Keep Drawing for 10 seconds and let button go continuing to draw. Hit button on off continue to draw and then after letting button off draw for at least 10 more seconds. I am stirring between each draw.
I might get 4-8 draws on 1/2 bowl before taste effected.

Seems when u can feel heat on outside of glass you have more then enough heat to get vape.

Design wise I really like the bender. It bending top allows to easily use. My problem on regular head is keeping button pressed in. Not sure but button seems too recessed for the long holds vs quick punches when using carts. Does Regular hammer head have on off ?

Will keep testing and reporting. :rofl: Someone got to since OF not received his yet. :rant:

I'm still having very long warm-up times, is anybody else having warm-up times in the 45 sec range?
Also no combustion after 80 sec on the button, I guess this is a good thing but never really see heavy vapor like G had in his video, maybe I'm looking for to much?:shrug:
Kevin

kevin,
I'm still having very long warm-up times, is anybody else having warm-up times in the 45 sec range?
Also no combustion after 80 sec on the button, I guess this is a good thing but never really see heavy vapor like G had in his video, maybe I'm looking for to much?:shrug:
Kevin

Yeah, something seems off. I would definitely combust with my Bender after holding the button for 80 sec.

UpUpandAway,

kittyboy

sounds like your hammer head is not heating up maybe or batteries not strong?
I have 2 types batteries and not noticing much difference. Got a pair of the 700s
and the trust fires that came with persei.

How moist is your meds>

Try it empty and heat it up till glass real warm then add herb wont take as long to get to temp.
Also try less herb. I am using about .3 covering about 1/2 of rod in bowl.

I get 4-6 hits nice tasting but not heavy clouds. Just good vape. (vape should be less then 50% amount of smoke if you were doing a bong hit etc.) IMO

kittyboy,

kevin

sounds like your hammer head is not heating up maybe or batteries not strong?
I have 2 types batteries and not noticing much difference. Got a pair of the 700s
and the trust fires that came with persei.

How moist is your meds>

Try it empty and heat it up till glass real warm then add herb wont take as long to get to temp.
Also try less herb. I am using about .3 covering about 1/2 of rod in bowl.

I get 4-6 hits nice tasting but not heavy clouds. Just good vape. (vape should be less then 50% amount of smoke if you were doing a bong hit etc.) IMO

I have two brand new sets of the AW 700's and the meds are very dry, I did notice the lighter green meds vaped faster than the darker meds? I have been using .5g loads will try.3g
Also my Hammer takes 35-40 sec to turn cherry red on new batteries how long is yours taking? i just looked at it in darkened room not very accurat way of doing things it's just ballpark.
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Kevin

Hmm only way is if we test out your hammer and top, is it possible your in the Socal or Norcal near the bay area?

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom