Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kevin

Okay if you want more info then here you go, Flowers 100% dry (3 month cure) Batteries brand new AW IRM's fresh out of the charger, load .5g and stop watch.
On time 62 sec for vape to start very light! Stay on button and vape for 20 more sec. outside of bender starting to get hot, mix load warm up 18 sec starts to vape very light 27 sec starting to get good cloud but bender is very hot, to hot to touch and heat starting to move down to Persei let unit cool, on time 72 sec vapor 23 sec more vape and stop flowers are all brown already?

Kevin

kevin,

tharealmclovin

62 second warm up is way too long IMO. I do like 20 second warm up. at that point I get light vapor. Then I feather the button on and off from then. About 5-10 hits in I pull out my handy cleaning tool and stir around my herb. Then continue again, but no need for a 20 second warm up since its already warm. Also once I feel the heat in my throat, I think its too hot. So I let off the button and hit it a couple times with no power to cool it off

Thats my technique so far.

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Okay if you want more info then here you go, Flowers 100% dry (3 month cure) Batteries brand new AW IRM's fresh out of the charger, load .5g and stop watch.
On time 62 sec for vape to start very light! Stay on button and vape for 20 more sec. outside of bender starting to get hot, mix load warm up 18 sec starts to vape very light 27 sec starting to get good cloud but bender is very hot, to hot to touch and heat starting to move down to Persei let unit cool, on time 72 sec vapor 23 sec more vape and stop flowers are all brown already?

Kevin

I have never done a 62 second warm up time, are you packing the loose leaf herb or just filling it up?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

where can i buy this thermovape power adapter thing so i can hit my bender all day? or where can i buy a pile of batteries?

You can get it from TV directly (if they have stock....), best to contact them directly tomorrow morning:
http://thermovape.com/pages/contact

It could well be on the web page somewhere, I have trouble finding stuff that's there.....

Forum Member "Pipes" might also be able to set you up with one of his power supplies (if he still has any left), in which case you'll need the body from TV (he can explain....).

This is my favorite aftermarket source for the IMR 18350s, IMO the AW brand is worth the extra cost:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-18350-700mAh-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3818.html

Good luck.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
if you want to power the Persei or the Bender with a pass through power supply then i suggest you wait about a month for it. We have The Core in the last leg of development.

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
G,

What power amounts does the CORE supply?

I'm tired of being stuck in the house (recovering from surgery) so my daughter drove me to our Torrance factory and I chucked some nylon bar stock in a lathe and made a power adapter. 3.0-9.0V @ 15A. (it's what was on hand without me having to breadboard one).
I added a DVM module to display volts and a "push-pull to unlock" potentiometer to the power box so it can't be changed by knuckleheads. I also turned a home Persei holder / base out of billet aluminum. It looks like a king sized TI dabber holder. I wanted to engrave it with the CNC mill but I couldn't access the font library in the CNC console, I've never used this specific CNC mill before. PA works like a champ.

Since I have a second Persei I got for $40 off craigslist, I also threaded some thick wall aluminum tubing to accept the Persei spring plate. top and cap with larger vent holes. I now own a dual 18650 7.4v uber TOMV. I just have to have the crew anodize it red on monday. Should run a Omicron cart for a few eons 'tween charges! Stacking 18650's with over 20 amps is a bit scary.
***Don't try this at home!***

OF

if you want to power the Persei or the Bender with a pass through power supply then i suggest you wait about a month for it. We have The Core in the last leg of development.

While generally this is good advice, and also offers 7.4 Volts rather than 6.0, the guy asking has just had a serious auto accident and is in a lot of pain. I seriously doubt he's good with waiting until tomorrow, let alone next month.

For his (and most of our) uses, your upcoming PA is no doubt going to be better, but I'm suggesting a stopgap that doesn't involve a huge pile of batteries and upgraded charger.

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

G,

What power amounts does the CORE supply?

I'm tired of being stuck in the house (recovering from surgery) so my daughter drove me to our Torrance factory and I chucked some nylon bar stock in a lathe and made a power adapter. 3.0-9.0V @ 15A. (it's what was on hand without me having to breadboard one).
I added a DVM module to display volts and a "push-pull to unlock" potentiometer to the power box so it can't be changed by knuckleheads. I also turned a home Persei holder / base out of billet aluminum. It looks like a king sized TI dabber holder. I wanted to engrave it with the CNC mill but I couldn't access the font library in the CNC console, I've never used this specific CNC mill before. PA works like a champ.

Since I have a second Persei I got for $40 off craigslist, I also threaded some thick wall aluminum tubing to accept the Persei spring plate. top and cap with larger vent holes. I now own a dual 18650 7.4v uber TOMV. I just have to have the crew anodize it red on monday. Should run a Omicron cart for a few eons 'tween charges! Stacking 18650's with over 20 amps is a bit scary.
***Don't try this at home!***

When can we see this masterpiece

tharealmclovin,

NoddingDonkey

Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass
all good G, i'll still buy the core. im just going to buy half a dozen batteries and a pelican case for now. yay for pull n pluck foam- id love to see myself use an xacto knife left handed.

apparently i need to set up a craigslist alert for the word "persei" for sale

Fully Melted

tharealmclovin,

Likely tuesday-wednesday-thurs., I have a chemo infusion on Monday morning and it leaves me sick for 2 days after :-( I don't live in L.A., (I live near Eureka) I'm down here for medical treatment but my daughter has a camera I can use. Plus I want to show it completed in it's raging red glory. (the top is still chrome however...)

Taste-wise, the Bender produces some seriously flavorful vapor. I hesitate to say that the Bender produces "the best flavor ever" because, honestly, my latest vape always produces "the best flavor ever." I will say that this is the first time I've said "Wow!" out loud after the initial hit because of the taste. :whoa:

From 2 fully charged aw imr 18350's I was able to get through 1 g of flower (2 x 0.5 loads). By the end of the second session the vapor was getting thin and the batts died when I tried a third session. The abv from both sessions was a uniform, medium brown.

In terms of vapor quality, I've had no problems getting excellent clouds. My Bender can produce vapor after about 20 seconds of warm up time. I'll start drawing and then click it off after inhaling for 5-7 seconds. After that, I can keep drawing on it for at least another 15-20 seconds with the button off and get awesome vapor production.

After playing around with both the standard and the hammer top, I've come to prefer the standard top. To maximize the Bender, I had to develop a sort of rhythm with the button and my draw speed. It's easier to hone in on this rhythm with the standard top; maybe it has something to do with the tactile sensation of holding down the button. The temp of the vapor and the density of the vapor (which I can easily gauge because it's all glass) also help me figure out that rhythm.

This is the first time that I've used my Hammer top. Is the button supposed to flash 3 times when I set it down? I though it might be the batteries, but it still does that after I put in a fresh set.

Edit: I don't use a very hard draw; this really helps to prevent any debris from getting pulled through the glass screen.

Fully Melted

Bender is running non-stop with only pauses for a brief cooling and reloads. I've ISO cleaned it 3 times already! :) The PA turns the Bender into a home vape monster. PA's rock! Just pop in the batteries and you are portable. I'm happy with the Bender.

Odd thing is my warm up times with new AW 18350's are significantly less than others are reporting, just shy of 20 seconds to slightly visible vapor . I wonder if it's the cells being so new? As far as I can tell it's not the glass dimensions... Perhaps I have a slightly lower resistance hammer rod? I wish I had grabbed a DMM today, it's puzzling. I love this thing so much that the heatgun volcano I love has just stayed in the drawer.

Well, back to the hard job of inhaling vapor. Best job ever.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
So whats the good word on Herc and the 1701. They still got a October release schedule? And how come the 1.5, 2.4, and 5 ohms have singles available on D9 but not 3 or 4?

Porquiplane,

kevin

I have never done a 62 second warm up time, are you packing the loose leaf herb or just filling it up?
G
I grind the flowers to medium grind then put in bender and tap on hand to get it all the way down then put on mouth peice no packing. With a very slow draw, if you hit it hard I don't think it will never vape, and no combustion.
Kevin

kevin,

jpdnkstr

Sorry, pointless was definitely the wrong choice of words, but I'm glad to be able to feed Of!

jpdnkstr,

kevin

I guess to keep things honest, if I didn't check for vapor at 20 sec and 30sec and 40 sec the total warm up time would have been less about 45 sec or so will have to test again and only hit it at set times and then let it cool not just keep going. Still I would kill for vapor at 10-20 sec. This long of warm up is killing my batteries and the heat can't be good for my Persei.
I'm waiting on my budy to get his Bender this week so we can compare the two, then we can see if its me.

Kevin:science:

kevin,

kittyboy

Sounds like folks are really enjoying the bender. Freaknig Pony Express has day off so will be several more before my test ride.
http://www.aromed.com/en/aromed.html#Principle
I have used this vape for 5 years now. Best tasting vape and never burns. I know it has a temp regulator.
I am hoping bender has ability to make tasty vape as does Aromed. I guess if they ever able to make a head with a temp gauge folks would know when Hammer got to prefered temp and then start drawing.
What I have found with vaping is keeping clouds light vs heavy and doing more of light clouds vs heavy.
I have never been able to taste popcorn flavor on aromed as u do on most other vapes when u deplete./
The Evolution I got heats the unit almost too hot to hold to only get 1-3 hits per load. hard to load and use do to size etc. So I can't wait for bender!
I would think filling less then more also might be way to go in bender. Best flavors come at 350-380 degrees so drawing evenly and right strength make it all work.

My only complaint is as the effects take over it is harder to keep driving the persei the right way. Maybe I need designated driver to keep me on task correctly. :myday:

kittyboy,

GoGlass

Hello to all FC users,

I'am trying to resume the situation for vaping herbs materials with the Persei at this time. Can you help me ?

We have the freshly new Bender, and will have (correct me if i'm wrong) :

- The 8 (mainly herbs)

- The Universe (herbs, extracts and and oils)

- The Herc Cart (herbs and oils)

Ok, now can someone explain me the majors differences between the herb chamber of the 8, the Herc and the Universe (except that it's Omicron compatible, and can vape oils) ?

And also a question about the futur IRIS (variable voltage top) => can we make work the IRIS and the Bender together , or the IRIS and the Universe (or the Herc Cart) ?

Thanks again for yours explanations !

GoGlass,

kittyboy

I have verification of my HVD returned and wondering how we will know when you ship new head back?
It made it back before bender shipped so will it be in bender box?

Thanks

kittyboy,

darkrom

Great Scott!
You can get it from TV directly (if they have stock....), best to contact them directly tomorrow morning:
http://thermovape.com/pages/contact

It could well be on the web page somewhere, I have trouble finding stuff that's there.....

Forum Member "Pipes" might also be able to set you up with one of his power supplies (if he still has any left), in which case you'll need the body from TV (he can explain....).

This is my favorite aftermarket source for the IMR 18350s, IMO the AW brand is worth the extra cost:
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR-18350-700mAh-LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_3818.html

Good luck.

OF

OF 700 mah? I just ordered 4 800mah ones from D9....did I fuck up?

darkrom,

kevin

OF 700 mah? I just ordered 4 800mah ones from D9....did I fuck up?
The AW IMR 18350 700mah batteries are the best for Bender and Hammer. Keep them in pairs and equal charge DON'T mix and match !
Kevin

kevin,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So what about my 800mahs though? Should I contact G and ask him to switch to 700s? Which are really the best of the 2?

darkrom,
Top Bottom