Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I bet bob could show us how NOT to break em'...
Last one, man I'm hounding ya huh, would using the same hammer for botanicals and concentrates have any ill effects other than maybe flavor?

Rephrase the question and no your not hounding, your paying for the service and im loving the questions as they are legit and its educational for all.

Your talking about using the hammer on a ti then using it in the chamber?

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
I was hoping for a black SS kit with a gold plated Iris top. Add every single accessory to the kit. Maybe call it the "Warp10 Edition". Warp10=everywhere at once.
Hey, I can dream right? ;-)

Fully Melted,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Correct. I'm thinking the heat will there, but possible slight flavor from a "black" hammer when used in the herb chamber.

Might have some but you can clean it with iso, it should go away after a few seconds. Remember the old saying that cast iron fry pans are the best when they are seasoned? Im just saying we will never know until we try. I wish i can do a one size fits all device but i cant. Hope that helps?

Fully melted we shall look into it in the future.

OF

The Iris is a stainless steel top, we might do the aluminum later but for now its stainless steel.

Bummer that shiny part, I understand it's a personal thing and all, but IMO it's not really all that steathy...... In fact, exactly the opposite. Kind of like chrome on a car or bike? It 'catches the eye' and makes it stand out all the more. IMO the brushed surface on the carts is lower key than polished SS.

I think maybe I'll wait a bit longer, until the rush dies out, and see what develops.

OF

OF,

kittyboy

so the iris will go on top of persei? and in you opionion which works best for herb? THe universe hercules which ever one is herb or the glass? Also do u need hammer to work both glass and her and uni?

So confusing... But weed thru it somehow... :D

kittyboy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
well for me the stainless steel is fine. the persei isn't really a stealth unit, anyway, other than the SS. i doubt a big lcd top is gonna contribute to stealthiness, no matter the color. personally i like chrome top on a black body so this is fine, for me.

OF

well for me the stainless steel is fine. the persei isn't really a stealth unit, anyway, other than the SS. i doubt a big lcd top is gonna contribute to stealthiness, no matter the color. personally i like chrome top on a black body so this is fine, for me.

Good point (as usual), Bob. I agree few are trying to sneak hits with a full size Persei, but you also point to the exception at the same time. Being longer as well, it might not be the best call here anyway.

I just don't want lots of shiny stuff like that in my life. I want to have the unit handy, but don't want it 'grabbing my eye' at every turn. It's not the center of the universe....

It's going to be hard enough reading those little numbers in many light conditions, having such a curved reflective surface around the window will not help a bit.

I too would be looking to paint it or maybe wrap it with black tape if there was no other options.

OF

OF

Oracle vinyl worked great on my V1 omicron.

Never tried it, looks like 'the right stuff' to me. In the past I've used black 'Gorilla Tape', works well but it can hardly be called 'repositionable'.....at least not with a straight face.

OF

OF,

tharealmclovin

Oracle 651 has a very sticky glue, oracle 631 is water based glue. So if you wanna take it off, I'd suggest 631. I personally use 651 but I have that on hand.

Any sign store has 50
Colors to choose from. It's the industry standard for cheap/durable vinyl.

tharealmclovin,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
am curious as to what PV used to wrap their v1 omicrons. that shit worked perfect. very easy to reapply

Bob Loblaw,

tharealmclovin

I got an idea for ya G. Use the "IPhone screen protecter" approach. But make them solid colors, with the opening cut out for the Iris buttons and display. Leave it up to us to put it on, but still be able to offer colors cheap. Just an idea.

I know I will probably make one for myself but I have a vinyl plotter.

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
am curious as to what PV used to wrap their v1 omicrons. that shit worked perfect. very easy to reapply

PV i think used M3 vinyl.

I got an idea for ya G. Use the "IPhone screen protecter" approach. But make them solid colors, with the opening cut out for the Iris buttons and display. Leave it up to us to put it on, but still be able to offer colors cheap. Just an idea.

I know I will probably make one for myself but I have a vinyl plotter.

Maybe a side business for you? You never know we created over 25 companies because of our advances, but youll be the first we support. :-)

StepInToSpace

HELP - I think the Hammer top has fried my batteries. I was using AW IMR 18350 3.7V 700mAh batteries. They were working fine for a bit, now when on the charger, the light is green so I assume they are charged. I then put them in the persei to use with the 1200 Hammer and the light flashes 5 times. I tried using the same batteries with cart top and the light does not even turn on.

Next, I tried using Trustfire 18350 3.7V 1200mAh. The lower part where the batteries are got real hot so I immediately stopped using it and it looks like one of the batteries exploded. (see picture below).

I then had some Ultrafire XSL 18350 3.7V 1200mAh which I tried. These batteries worked perfect for about 12 hours. Now, they say they are charged on the charger (green light) but don't power on the Hammer. The light turns on very dim for a split second and then turns off. When I press it again, it flashes 5 times.

Is it a battery issue or the Hammer top? It worked so good for quite awhile, bummer sauce.

30jqz3s.jpg

StepInToSpace,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The Hammer requires AW IMR batteries or regular imr batteries, the protected batteries just dont have the current needed to run them.

Put a 18650 on the persei and try to see if you can run a cartridge. That will show if your hammer top is gone or needs fixing.

Most likely what happened is your trustfires are fried and it wont charge anymore.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

StepInToSpace

Thanks for the quick reply, 18650 is in, use it with the hammer to run a cartridge? or to run the hammer?

The 18650 powers on the hammer with the 1200 hammer in it, light stayed lit for the 2 minutes.
So I just wrecked the batteries? What gives with the AW IMR's? How would those have fried too?

StepInToSpace,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for the quick reply, 18650 is in, use it with the hammer to run a cartridge? or to run the hammer?

The 18650 powers on the hammer with the 1200 hammer in it, light stayed lit for the 2 minutes.
So I just wrecked the batteries? What gives with the AW IMR's? How would those have fried too?

Ok step by step.

use a 18650 battery
use a hammer top
use a cartridge

Do not allow the button to operate the cartridge for more then a few seconds quickly turn off the top soon as the cartridge produces vapor.

Does the hammer top heat up the cartridge?

If yes then your top works, your 18350's are fried.

Now because the hammer draws more amps then the protected batteries can discharge there is a safety switch in it that kills the battery.

The AW IMR batteries are designed to draw large amounts of current without any issues.

StepInToSpace

Ok step by step.

use a 18650 battery
use a hammer top
use a cartridge

Do not allow the button to operate the cartridge for more then a few seconds quickly turn off the top soon as the cartridge produces vapor.

Does the hammer top heat up the cartridge?

If yes then your top works, your 18350's are fried.

Now because the hammer draws more amps then the protected batteries can discharge there is a safety switch in it that kills the battery.

The AW IMR batteries are designed to draw large amounts of current without any issues.

It heated up the cartridge. Guess I need new batteries! Thanks

StepInToSpace,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Top Bottom