Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

jpdnkstr

The burnt taste is from holding the button down too log, or pressing it while not inhaling

jpdnkstr,
I've had several carts that end up with burnt taste after 5-10 rips through it, after spending $100 on carts I've decided to wait till the herculus comes in, sounds like it will solve the burnt taste issue which I think is related to the leaking issue, not sure though but that's my stance.
There is a lot of literature here that can help fix your problems with the current carts. I'll narrow it down for ya, search and read "OF" "bobloblaw" "joe kickass" "rufrothy" "thc scientific", that cuts the thread down a lot and I'd say 95% pf the info you need will be there. I'll admit my head does start to hurt after reading 20 OF posts in a row...but maybe in a good way.
Best of luck

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

OF

I've had several carts that end up with burnt taste after 5-10 rips through it, after spending $100 on carts I've decided to wait till the herculus comes in, sounds like it will solve the burnt taste issue which I think is related to the leaking issue, not sure though but that's my stance.

I'm sorry you're not getting the results you want with the current carts and hope the future ones work better for you.

However, they do work well for lots of folks. My theory is this 'burnt taste' problem is related not to the cart itself but to the quest for 'bigger clouds'. I'm assuming you're not getting these bad results with 2.4 Ohm carts on 3.7 Volts? Would you please confirm that?

TIA for helping with my theory.

I'll admit my head does start to hurt after reading 20 OF posts in a row...but maybe in a good way.

I bet it does just that HAL, wanna guess what it feels like writing all those posts? Not to mention trying to get the spelling and grammar right?

Lucky for me I have the antidote close at hand......

OF

tharealmclovin

Me too. I hope the name gets changed from Plan B. Kinda reminds me of the morning after pill or abortions.

EDIT: For some that's Plan A. AKA Spice Boy. LOL

unburnt

Upgrade question: Does the omicron v1 qualify for the upgrade to persei, or do I have to use my old iolite?

unburnt,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
truly diggin my SS. i can fit a 3v batt. as well as a 3.7v in the shorty tube. this allows for cooler hits on those hot 1.5 carts. also i can fit all three long configurations in the other tube. basically cuts the length of the unit 3/8 of an inch and removes all need for adjustments. the double 3.7 is slightly long and may stress the spring eventually. i keep that for my hammer top and the old persei body. w/ an extra end cap i can have my hammer in use as well as the other tubes. double carts on a the short body is pretty cool, too.

EDiT - Anyway you can try releasing these things closer together? even if it means we have to wait a week for something i could deal. it's just that you have released the SS, the ss tank, the pre-order for the bubbler and now the plan B is coming up. at $8 a pop for shipping, that adds up real quick. i have beeen waiting after my SS ('cept for the extra end cap) for that reason. i also have another SS to order for a friend and some mouthpieces. any other releases this month i should also wait for? thanks for lookin' out, G.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok so glass thickness is 1.85mm give or take a few .00's

The name will get changed.

Charging up batteries to do video on glass herb chamber.

and we will try to launch them together as much as we can.

kittyboy

Can anyone explain the glass herb chamber better please compared to hercules etc. And it seems u need the hammer as well to make glass work? So is this for a bong vs used on persei? Thanks . I to will wait to make a combined order as I can not afford shipping 8 bucks each shot. thanks

kittyboy,

tharealmclovin

I want #1. Lol. Don't make me get out the Fry picture again.

But all honesty take your time, we can wait.

tharealmclovin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
dropped my order. got the sstank as well. will review upon reciept.

just want to make sure you know that the ss tank is for ejuice right?

Here is the ABV and the video is being uploaded.

IMG_0079.jpg

The ABV is not done, we could have more pulls from it, but small black spots from the combustion but if your careful and get the technique down its no problems.

Also tech note. After vaping 90% of the chamber battery voltage is at 4.0v going to do another full .5 chamber and see if it finishes that also which it should.

Our guesstimate 2-3 full chambers vaped with this Chamber. Thats around 1.00 grams - 1.5 grams on fresh charge using aw imr batteries 18350.

the second avb looks more done, it was .4 and no combustion.

the right abv is the first bowl, the left abv is second bowl.

IMG_00801.jpg

Battery now reads 3.8v aw imr. I think there is another 2 bowls left.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

odogg

Elevate.
Been rockin my SS persei as well. The shorty tube works so nice and makes it more of a compact unit. Lovin the new long tube as well especially how it makes my persei flush black on black with the new bottom cap and no middle silver ring.. Been using the two 18350 to run 7.4v on the Ss long tube and lovin the clouds it kicks. I find that 5ohm at 7.4 tastes much much better (less of the burnt taste) than 1.5ohm at 3.7v. The SS long tube with two 18350 at 7.4v the spring only gets compressed +or- an extra 5mm compared to a single 18650 at 3.7v. So I hopefully I don't get any malfunctions down the road

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey G, did you still plan to do an initial "FC test release" for the first round of the herb vape, or was that more related to the original Universe?

jambandphan03,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Hey G, did you still plan to do an initial "FC test release" for the first round of the herb vape, or was that more related to the original Universe?

*double post

jambandphan03,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

*double post

The universe is the initial one, the GonG HC is ready to rock and roll and no testing is needed.

ok so glass thickness is 1.85mm give or take a few .00's

The name will get changed.

Charging up batteries to do video on glass herb chamber.

and we will try to launch them together as much as we can.
Hey G, not to be a ball breaker, but at 1.85mm sounds kinda thin for American glass... don't it?
It is looking pretty nice, and smaller than I thought, but the thickness of glass has me questioning the durability...
BTW, glass everything sounds sweet, I'm in.
BTW#2 don't work yourself into stress induced stroke, the world needs ya.

havealight101,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G, not to be a ball breaker, but at 1.85mm sounds kinda thin for American glass... don't it?
It is looking pretty nice, and smaller than I thought, but the thickness of glass has me questioning the durability...
BTW, glass everything sounds sweet, I'm in.
BTW#2 don't work yourself into stress induced stroke, the world needs ya.

Its made by a Scientific glass blower not a pipe blower, the 1.85mm is the bottom side, the top joint area is thicker. we kept it thin to sit flush with the Persei. There is other reasons why we didnt make it thicker but i wont say why.

On a side note heres a nice little surprise production version is done and testing starts next week.

The Iris is coming, Adjust the voltage for flavor or clouds, control your vape and dominate it. No more bs we stomping on the rest of the field.

Persei is the best vaporizer period.

Voltage range is 3.5v - 7.4v

Will test ohms, amps, display battery life and will allow you to turn off the lcd light for super stealth mode.

DSC_0618.jpg

I apologize if I sounded like I was questioning if it was American glass, I was just talking out of concern of durability related to thickness, not ethnicity. I know I do underestimate the strength of some good Boro. I try to be over carefull due too a bad streak as a young one.(knock on wood...)
Iris is looking nice, how much longer than a normal top is it?

havealight101,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I apologize if I sounded like I was questioning if it was American glass, I was just talking out of concern of durability related to thickness, not ethnicity. I know I do underestimate the strength of some good Boro. I try to be over carefull due too a bad streak as a young one.(knock on wood...)
Iris is looking nice, how much longer than a normal top is it?

No worries brotha, I feel ya. I will confirm this tomorrow with the engineer involved in this project. He has over 30 years experience in the scientific glass market.

No matter how durable glass is, it still needs to be taken care of.

We are looking at a replacement options if cracked broken or other issues this is not for sure yet.

This is more of a brand loyalty thing we want to do, no other company will stand behind their product like we do. Even on glass we want people to have peace of mind that they will not be out full price if broken.

I bet bob could show us how NOT to break em'...
Last one, man I'm hounding ya huh, would using the same hammer for botanicals and concentrates have any ill effects other than maybe flavor?

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw
Top Bottom