Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

That's great to hear. Liking the fact he is local!

Congrats G

You bet! Not to mention the "working in the vaporizer industry for the past 5 years" part, which beats a 'down under' one who's never used or most likely seen one? In fact, I'll take the experience part as the number one cause for optimism....not that local isn't great as well. Lots of local engineers you know, and some excellent ones indeed, but experience is experience.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Sinclue

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
You bet! Not to mention the "working in the vaporizer industry for the past 5 years" part, which beats a 'down under' one who's never used or most likely seen one? In fact, I'll take the experience part as the number one cause for optimism....not that local isn't great as well. Lots of local engineers you know, and some excellent ones indeed, but experience is experience.

OF

I would like to say hes been doing some of the best vaporizers out their, or had hand in their designs.

We are happy to have him on board, and he is very capable.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Awesome. Got a trip out to CA. Now got to plan the schedule! Wheres the fun at boys? Coming from a right coaster with no idea of cal.

Porquiplane,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Where there? Landing la, going to lbc and venice. Will try SF but no idea where. Gonna hit cave connections in san mateo.

Porquiplane,

DubCRider

Where in SF? Everywhere! Dolores Park is a must-glob! Hippie Hill, Haight St., and all the endless tourist stuff. I will even offer my Futon to a fellow member! The Cave is 20min from my house.

DubCRider,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Well that is mighty fine of you sir. Appreciated. Leave wednesday, no idea what will come! Will see what the schedule brings and when i can get to SF. Thank you.

Porquiplane,

TonyBlaze

I have been looking for the best portable vaporizer and after much research everything seems to point to the Persei and I really like that it's constantly evolving but I am really interest in being able to vape flowers. Does anyone know when the Universe Adapter will be available and what about the 8 herb chamber is that still coming out. Also can someone explain what the Iris is

TonyBlaze,

OF

I have been looking for the best portable vaporizer and after much research everything seems to point to the Persei and I really like that it's constantly evolving but I am really interest in being able to vape flowers. Does anyone know when the Universe Adapter will be available and what about the 8 herb chamber is that still coming out. Also can someone explain what the Iris is

Persei is a solid unit for sure, and it is as you say, evolving. My understanding is G is about ready to start testing prototypes of the new Universe design. Assuming that goes well, I'd guess we're looking at two months to delivery? I'll take "September first" in the pool..... The 8, I think, is in for some serious redesign over heat issues (always a tough issue with this kinda stuff). That will no doubt take a bit of time, especially since the new engineer will no doubt be part of it and will need some extra time to 'get to speed'? IMO it's too cool a product to abandon.....and I tested it.

Not to forget 'plan B' which I think is nearly ready to go (working on the glass part?). It's the fall back using the Hammer (or is it nail, I get confused there....it looks more like a nail than a hammer to me....) to heat herbs.

Iris is, I think, the upcoming Variable Voltage Persei. You'll be able to select the voltage you want in .1 Volt steps. You'll also be able to read power delivered, cart resistance and a bunch of other nerd stuff to keep both of us happy. Cool product, I hope it comes in other than chrome.....

Then again, I could be way wrong, happens often enough......

HTH,

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Persei is a solid unit for sure, and it is as you say, evolving. My understanding is G is about ready to start testing prototypes of the new Universe design. Assuming that goes well, I'd guess we're looking at two months to delivery? I'll take "September first" in the pool..... The 8, I think, is in for some serious redesign over heat issues (always a tough issue with this kinda stuff). That will no doubt take a bit of time, especially since the new engineer will no doubt be part of it and will need some extra time to 'get to speed'? IMO it's too cool a product to abandon.....and I tested it.

Not to forget 'plan B' which I think is nearly ready to go (working on the glass part?). It's the fall back using the Hammer (or is it nail, I get confused there....it looks more like a nail than a hammer to me....) to heat herbs.

Iris is, I think, the upcoming Variable Voltage Persei. You'll be able to select the voltage you want in .1 Volt steps. You'll also be able to read power delivered, cart resistance and a bunch of other nerd stuff to keep both of us happy. Cool product, I hope it comes in other than chrome.....

Then again, I could be way wrong, happens often enough......

HTH,

OF

Currently the Iris will come in Stainless Steel, we will introduce the other colors but they will be aluminum.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Currently the Iris will come in Stainless Steel, we will introduce the other colors but they will be aluminum.

Aluminum is just fine by me, in fact I probably favor it. It's a much better heat conductor for openers. Not that it's that big a deal, of course. We'll have to see when the release comes and if there's an estimate available on colored ones at the time.

Fun little product, lots of geek appeal, be hard to resist.....

Thanks for the additional information.

Say, Boss, long as I have your attention, in trying to educate myself about the Hammer I find "It is not recommended that you use this top for any oil cartridges as it can and will damage your cartridges." What gives with that?

TIA

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So the same warning should be on the hvd?
Aluminum is just fine by me, in fact I probably favor it. It's a much better heat conductor for openers. Not that it's that big a deal, of course. We'll have to see when the release comes and if there's an estimate available on colored ones at the time.

Fun little product, lots of geek appeal, be hard to resist.....

Thanks for the additional information.

Say, Boss, long as I have your attention, in trying to educate myself about the Hammer I find "It is not recommended that you use this top for any oil cartridges as it can and will damage your cartridges." What gives with that?

TIA

OF

yup since its a click on click off, my mistake was not having that warning on the HVD when i released it.

OF

yup since its a click on click off, my mistake was not having that warning on the HVD when i released it.

Ah, so! New guidelines then, momentary for oil carts. Makes sense. Will that carry through to the Universe then? That is is it simpler to say 'on/off for hammer use only'?

TIA for sorting it out for me....assuming you can sort me out, of course.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ah, so! New guidelines then, momentary for oil carts. Makes sense. Will that carry through to the Universe then? That is is it simpler to say 'on/off for hammer use only'?

TIA for sorting it out for me....assuming you can sort me out, of course.

OF

Ok lets not jump the gun and im not going to make the same mistake i did with the HVD. The Hammer tops are designed for the Hammer.

The Universe Adapter can work with the Hammer if you dont forget to turn it off when its time. The Universe is made to be used with the Regular tops but can work with the hammer tops if you mastered the on/off feature.

OF

Ok lets not jump the gun and im not going to make the same mistake i did with the HVD. The Hammer tops are designed for the Hammer.

The Universe Adapter can work with the Hammer if you dont forget to turn it off when its time. The Universe is made to be used with the Regular tops but can work with the hammer tops if you mastered the on/off feature.

OK, cool. No need yet as you say, the Universe isn't out. Seems to me, though, you could say the exact same thing about an oil cart?

I'll wait for the press release, I guess. Thanks.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
OK, cool. No need yet as you say, the Universe isn't out. Seems to me, though, you could say the exact same thing about an oil cart?

I'll wait for the press release, I guess. Thanks.

OF

Yes it can work with oil carts also, but its easier to put a warning their that it wont then going through emails fixing issues with blown carts.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

TonyBlaze

Little confused on how the hammer can use the universe I thought they were 2 different attachments the screw into the Persei... Sorry I just ordered the Persei so I have no real experience with it that's why I joined this forum so I can learn everything there is to know about it

Isn't the hammer to heat up oils on a nail and the universe to vape flowers so how do they work together

TonyBlaze,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Little confused on how the hammer can use the universe I thought they were 2 different attachments the screw into the Persei... Sorry I just ordered the Persei so I have no real experience with it that's why I joined this forum so I can learn everything there is to know about it

Isn't the hammer to heat up oils on a nail and the universe to vape flowers so how do they work together

The Hammer is the ceramic rod that can be used with TI nails, the Hammer top is a click on/click off top. In theory it can be used but not yet confirmed.
Any word on the 1200 hammer?

currently working on few other projects but by next monday i will have concrete answer.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Pass through system time.

Remember this is still a prototype and hand made.

Still testing out, but the final version will have up and down capability.

This is why we do what we do, and why we are the leaders.

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

JoeKickass

Pass through system time.

Remember this is still a prototype and hand made.

Still testing out, but the final version will have up and down capability.

This is why we do what we do, and why we are the leaders.

Definitely do a comparison to that mega-hitting VV top!

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Definitely do a comparison to that mega-hitting VV top!

We will be testing it under load but from already known specs its constant so no voltage drop. unless im mistaken, but all specs will be confirmed for production.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kevin

We will be testing it under load but from already known specs its constant so no voltage drop. unless im mistaken, but all specs will be confirmed for production.
Hi G
How long will the two diff cords be(6'each)? Can I put box on coffee table and kick back on the couch and melt?
Also, any plans for a shorty tube for the Persei, like the HVD, but @3.7v would be perfect for sporting events concerts etc. Shorter battery life but it will last a couple hrs all we need@ Candle Stick park!

Thanks G :tup:
Kevin

Top Bottom