Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Darb

I hope the tech is good as well, my criticism of the Dart and Revolution is that the ceramic is too porous. Sure they work at first but a week after using it you need to thoroughly clean it, and then after that you have to clean it every other day just to keep it working; it's impossible to clean out particulate trapped inside the ceramic so it's basically a very expensive disposable cart...

If you can keep the vaping performance up after grams and grams go through it you will have a much better product imo

I couldn't agree more. This sounds like my experience as well.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
They are two different things guys, Disposable and non disposable.

How much is your time worth?

Both have pros and cons.

But we will have a cart that can last more then a year and its going to be easy to clean.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

But we will have a cart that can last more then a year and its going to be easy to clean.

I think that's the key. Personally, I don't mind having to replace or dispose of the device if I feel it's saved me money (more efficient than any other way I previously had of medicating)

If you can make a dart-performing device that is easier to clean, and has a lifetime more than 3 grams, it will be worth it to me since I have nothing currently that fits that description... (even though many claim the dart does...)

If you assume a gram is $30 to $40:
-Both of my darts were basically useless after 3 grams so that means in a dart-only system, about 25% of my medicating costs would be going toward equipment, not medicine.
-It would be great if you could lower that down to about 10%, but that's asking a lot. A device that cost $40 to replace would have to get through 10 grams... a pretty tall order but if you can make cleaning actually effective at cleaning the device I think you can do it!
:tup:

(Just as some encouragement, the omicron carts are already at the 10% mark! $7 a cart vs. 2 grams of life before replacement is a no-brainer, let's extend that economy to the next level of vaping performance!)

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I think that's the key. Personally, I don't mind having to replace or dispose of the device if I feel it's saved me money (more efficient than any other way I previously had of medicating)

If you can make a dart-performing device that is easier to clean, and has a lifetime more than 3 grams, it will be worth it to me since I have nothing currently that fits that description... (even though many claim the dart does...)

If you assume a gram is $30 to $40:
-Both of my darts were basically useless after 3 grams so that means in a dart-only system, about 25% of my medicating costs would be going toward equipment, not medicine.
-It would be great if you could lower that down to about 10%, but that's asking a lot. A device that cost $40 to replace would have to get through 10 grams... a pretty tall order but if you can make cleaning actually effective at cleaning the device I think you can do it!
:tup:

(Just as some encouragement, the omicron carts are already at the 10% mark! $7 a cart vs. 2 grams of life before replacement is a no-brainer, let's extend that economy to the next level of vaping performance!)

Lets do it this way. At $10 average per cart. Each cart runs 3 grams average, some people have gone through 5 and few people over 8.

So the average 3 grams at $35 per gram average that brings costs to $105, now ad the $10 per cart thats $115, now divide that by 3 you get $38.33 cost per gram.

This is somewhere around 5% +/- 2%

This puts people well below that 10% mark. At the highest of 7% cost increase per gram and the time saved by not maintaining the cartridge with cleaning and all, I would say its a inexpensive way to save time if you are the type who does not want to do laundry every other night.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

JoeKickass

the time saved by not maintaining the cartridge with cleaning and all, I would say its a inexpensive way to save time if you are the type who does not want to do laundry every other night.

Yeah that's the kind of appeal that everyone likes, high performance and low maintenance!

I know you can get 3 grams through a cart but usually by then the taste starts to suffer, call me a snob, but if I know I can easily get great taste by getting a new cart I'm not going to keep dealing with the old, dying cart...

Taste is kind of a big thing for me... Coming from a smoking background, I have all manner of ways to get medicated if I want to cough and gag on the taste, what I need is a reliable heavy hitter that can really capture the flavors in a good wax.

I'd be willing to pay for it as well, but if you can get the cleanable thing to really work the cost becomes much less of a factor imo...

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah that's the kind of appeal that everyone likes, high performance and low maintenance!

I know you can get 3 grams through a cart but usually by then the taste starts to suffer, call me a snob, but if I know I can easily get great taste by getting a new cart I'm not going to keep dealing with the old, dying cart...

Taste is kind of a big thing for me... Coming from a smoking background, I have all manner of ways to get medicated if I want to cough and gag on the taste, what I need is a reliable heavy hitter that can really capture the flavors in a good wax.

I'd be willing to pay for it as well, but if you can get the cleanable thing to really work the cost becomes much less of a factor imo...

Well thats the thing, forum member Jamband fan was able to clean a cartridge doing a iso soak and it worked, now i dont know how reliable that is but shes still using it i think.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I did do an iso soak on a couple of 4om carts that were fairly new still, they still work fine.

What I will do though, is a soak test on my oldest most used 2.4 cart I got in Jan. that still works fine, but is starting to run low. See how it effects the cart that has more wear/tear and age on it. I suspect things will be fine, but it's worth knowing if a heavily used cart will react the same as a pretty new one did to the iso soak. Since I will be reclaiming, I plan to use 99% iso. Be back on this when I have some results.

jambandphan03,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Ok, missing out somewhere. 35$ a gram? For oil? It takes ~1/4 oz dry to make ~.7 grams oil. Thats, on average, 100 bucks worth for .7 grams? So how can a gram of oil cost 35? Or is some expanding agent used?

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Ok, missing out somewhere. 35$ a gram? For oil? It takes ~1/4 oz dry to make ~.7 grams oil. Thats, on average, 100 bucks worth for .7 grams? So how can a gram of oil cost 35? Or is some expanding agent used?

Remember your concentrating. This means you use the less of it now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

tharealmclovin

Also have to consider when you make yours you wil be using buds. While alot of the bought stuff is made from trimmings

mrmojo62

The only problem I see with the math is that not every cart works properly so I think that needs to be added to the cost equation. For every cart that is able to handle 1gm+, how many failed carts do you have? I know I've had a few not work right, some user error some not but it all adds up ya know?

mrmojo62,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Also have to consider when you make yours you wil be using buds. While alot of the bought stuff is made from trimmings

Bingo! Tharealmclovin hit the nail (TI, of course :brow: ) right on the head. Out on the west coast, most people are purchasing their oils from clubs. Unfortunately, most of those oils are made using trim so it costs the grower absolutely nothing to make. Out here on the east coast, everything THC related is illegal so that you are forced to make it on your own and most people don't have access to trim, just flowers. That gets expensive real fast.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
We would like to announce that we have hired a Third Engineer that has been working in the vaporizer industry for the past 5 years. He is local and in house. He is going to help us out with some of the issues we are having and help produce some of the best vaporizers out their.

Also There are now knock off's of our our cartridges floating around, make sure that it has the W9 Tech Printed on it. Dont let knock off companies put another tax paying business out of business, we employ over 12+ people and continue to research and develop. Thanks for your support.

VAPORIZER22

Good news indeed THC.

I think I have seen some of those copy cat carts on ebay. Such a shame that people need to ride the coat tails of others and their efforts instead of putting that energy into creating something original. I guess that is the only ay they can make a buck.

VAPORIZER22,

mrmojo62

Also There are now knock off's of our our cartridges floating around, make sure that it has the W9 Tech Printed on it. Dont let knock off companies put another tax paying business out of business, we employ over 12+ people and continue to research and develop. Thanks for your support.
Any chance of d9 selling mix and match carts like planetvape?

mrmojo62,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
We would like to announce that we have hired a Third Engineer that has been working in the vaporizer industry for the past 5 years. He is local and in house. He is going to help us out with some of the issues we are having and help produce some of the best vaporizers out their.

Like, but then issue is brought up. I know it was went over once, but just a double check now that the news i broken. Received a supposed 2.4 ohm "old" cartridge from PV. Nothing printed on it. Soooo, old cart or knock-off? Sorry PV, not saying by it. Better check then uncheck. Also so its clarified for any other forum members with the same idea.

Porquiplane,

JoeKickass

Maybe, I have no way to be 100% sure, but imo SPARC in SF is a great place, amber oil tested at 70%+ for $30-40 and quarters that test 20%+ for $60:

Check out the strain G won with (not grown by him tho):
zaEAm.jpg

I picked up a nice quarter of some 21% Cheese for $60 and they had others for that price tho

I also got some of this, talk about medicine! I bet this stuff cures cancer...
GVZDX.jpg

JoeKickass,

DubCRider

You came to SF and didn't hit me up, shame on you Joe! I have The 8 if you want to mess around with it.

DubCRider,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Maybe, I have no way to be 100% sure, but imo SPARC in SF is a great place, amber oil tested at 70%+ for $30-40 and quarters that test 20%+ for $60:

Check out the strain G won with (not grown by him tho):
zaEAm.jpg

I picked up a nice quarter of some 21% Cheese for $60 and they had others for that price tho

I also got some of this, talk about medicine! I bet this stuff cures cancer...
GVZDX.jpg

My boy's friend invented the Cannatonic. :science: I hear that shit is no joke. I need some of that to make its way out to the east coast, pronto. SPARC is extremely legit from what I've heard but I'm pretty sure the concentrates are still usually made with trim.

kevin

My boy's friend invented the Cannatonic. :science: I hear that shit is no joke. I need some of that to make its way out to the east coast, pronto. SPARC is extremely legit from what I've heard but I'm pretty sure the concentrates are still usually made with trim.
Yes and thats why we need the cleanable carts! Can you just think of the poeple making your meds for the culbs, some of that stuff is scarry! What there using who knows, and whats left over in the cart when the good stuffs gone, again who knows?? I know there not all that way BUT alot are.

I'm sure G will work it out, one year per cart unbelivable G! Go For it, need tester cheap or not I give it a try. Your the man G.
Kevin

kevin,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

That's great to hear. Liking the fact he is local!

Congrats G

Top Bottom