Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
So are they working? You've got IMR 18350s, right? What happens when you try them (be sure to pulse)? My money's on batteries. If the core gets warm but not hot and the light goes dim quickly we're either not charging them or they won't discharge fast enough. Do you have more than one set to try, a single bad cell will stop it.

You could, I suppose, run one 123 cell and one IMR to test the 123 cells. Just be quick and careful not to over discharge anybody.

Bottom line is your report of more heat at 3.7 Volts, that says the battery pack is under that level under load to me.

OF

No AW 18350, just the stock IMR 18350 900mah. Those SEEM to work. had the fading LED issue with them as well about 3 weeks ago, stopped really using the unit after that as all carts got destroyed (trying to reclaim and test and test and test to solve the issue)... More over had the most trouble with the cr123's. They light the LED, produce slight heat, but just fade the LED to black. Just got whatever batteries were listed for Persei on delta. The charger goes green when charging them fully, and literally less than 4 seconds of button depression....fade.

What should be done, test the cr123s, if defective return to delta? or if they dont discharge fast enough tell G and see what can be solved? if it doesnt discharge fast enough then wouldnt EVERYONE have this issue with these batteries?

yea, the 3.7v batts from D9 are fine. i have used them repeatedly on both Persei and TV units w/ no problems. looks like it's not the battery brand and model, but maybe the battery itself?

speaking of checking for volts and amps and multimeters...
look what i found

droooool

The issue isnt the 18350 or 18650. Its with the cr123's. The 3.0v listed for Persei on Delta9 in battery section. Need to snag the multimeter. Wasted too much time, carts and errrll on this investigation. At that point you know its multimeter time.

Porquiplane,

kuz

My persei came with 3.7v trustfire batteries, one of them is dead, delta9 offered to replace it but im thinking just upgradr to the 3.7's they are selling now. Are those working out with 4 ohm carts. i dont like the idea of warming the carts up with 3v's then hitting it with 7.4. like to be able to just pull it out and hit it, thats a big part of what makes so great.

iris looks so cool, how much is it going to cost? i dont see it listed on the site anywhere.

kuz,

Adobewan

Micro-dab?

Surprised I haven't seen this on FC. Not entirely informative videos, summer release, but making wide claims. Looks a bit like a Solo stem customized (with a glass chamber?) for the wax pellet. Use with the Solo or the Persei(nail?).
The first is a brief vid showing it in action, next two are a voice behind the product talking in front of the image.
Potential potential, uses two of my favorites.

I'm posting this in the Solo thread as well, forgive the redundancy.

Adobewan,
Reactions: Vitolo

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Stay tuned for a massive surprise for Perseis owners. 2 weeks and counting.

The surprise is..... That oily cart taste is chems to make you all zombies. Thank you Illuminati stranglehold!

On top of that, realized got an UNMARKED cart from PV. ordered a mix and match with 2.4/3/4/5. the missing one would be the 2.4. are the 2.4 carts just not labeled?????? or are we getting Bruno'ed. Tellin ya, machine oil taste is slowly transforming people into flesh eating infected. OF took the first hit, now onto Sinclue and Adobe. G is puppet master, hes got the only cure...Alpha and Hercules.

Porquiplane,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
unmarked cart is the 2.4 ohm. only the latest carts from say ~Jan 2012 onward have markings on the 2.4's

ru_frothi,

Adobewan

On top of that, realized got an UNMARKED cart from PV. ordered a mix and match with 2.4/3/4/5. the missing one would be the 2.4. are the 2.4 carts just not labeled?????? or are we getting Bruno'ed. Tellin ya, machine oil taste is slowly transforming people into flesh eating infected. OF took the first hit, now onto Sinclue and Adobe. G is puppet master, hes got the only cure...Alpha and Hercules.

I admit, I laughed out loud at "Thank you Illuminati stranglehold!" in your previous.

It's a bit of an extreme position, mindless zombies with no will of our ow... G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you,..

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I admit, I laughed out loud at "Thank you Illuminati stranglehold!" in your previous.

It's a bit of an extreme position, mindless zombies with no will of our ow... G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you, G will take care of you,..

Just wait. 2 weeks and counting? 28 days later....(watch the screen)

pun intended

thanks for your confidence in me guys.

Now whats the issue?

No Issue. Didnt realize older 2.4 ohms were unmarked. Cleared up. But according to OF the Ultrafire cr123a's 3.0v may be a bit numb in the presence depart. Was having issues with 4 ohm at 6v with the two Ultrafire cr123a's from D9. According to this:

Wrong batteries, they won't work as you've discovered. Too high an internal resistance for us. The only ones that will work are these exact RCR123As (and I'm told AW's version of the same):
http://www.amazon.com/Kits-RCR123A-LiFePO4-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B001EYHO9G/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1339814609&sr=1-2&keywords=rcr123a 3.0v 750mah lifepo4 rechargeable batteries

Note the same maker's 'better' RCR123A, the 900 mAh version, also doesn't work. That's no doubt the problem. They just can't provide enough power fast enough for us. This is why the IMR 3.7 Volt Battery works better, under load the six Volts you're starting with collapses to under 3.7.

As DubC says you can pulse the power, but IMO this is a move for experts otherwise as it adds a kind of dangerous variable to the mix. I tested some 4 Ohm carts at six Volts (using the above batteries) and I ended up having to pulse them even then.

But your problem for now is trying to use the wrong battery it seems.

Thanks for the info.

OF

And Here:

So are they working? You've got IMR 18350s, right? What happens when you try them (be sure to pulse)? My money's on batteries. If the core gets warm but not hot and the light goes dim quickly we're either not charging them or they won't discharge fast enough. Do you have more than one set to try, a single bad cell will stop it.

You could, I suppose, run one 123 cell and one IMR to test the 123 cells. Just be quick and careful not to over discharge anybody.

Bottom line is your report of more heat at 3.7 Volts, that says the battery pack is under that level under load to me.

OF

No Multimeter at this time.

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Just wait. 2 weeks and counting? 28 days later....(watch the screen)

pun intended

No Issue. Didnt realize older 2.4 ohms were unmarked. Cleared up. But according to OF the Ultrafire cr123a's 3.0v may be a bit numb in the presence depart. Was having issues with 4 ohm at 6v with the two Ultrafire cr123a's from D9. According to this:

And Here:

No Multimeter at this time.

Do they fire any other cart?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Do they fire any other cart?

They only get 'em warm. Not even as warm as running them at 3.7 Volts on the 18650.

They're not the original Tenergy nor the AW version of the same you specified a bit ago.....what gives?

TIA

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Fualty cell I'm guessing, only way to find out if wettest em out on a MM

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
They only get 'em warm. Not even as warm as running them at 3.7 Volts on the 18650.

They're not the original Tenergy nor the AW version of the same you specified a bit ago.....what gives?

TIA

OF

Yes, more heat produced on full charged IMR 18650 3.7v 1600mah than compared to Two of the Ultrafire cr123a's 3.0v 800mah at "full charge". Very very little heat produced at 6v. Charger says they are both charged fully. Again, the multimeter would be useful at this point. unavailable for now.

Porquiplane,

OF

Fualty cell I'm guessing, only way to find out if wettest em out on a MM

I also suggested trying a known good 18350 with each in turn, should show one be OK if it's a random cell failure. No need to send them off and wait?

What's the story with these guys? There's now more than two approved types? TIA

OF

OF,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I also suggested trying a known good 18350 with each in turn, should show one be OK if it's a random cell failure. No need to send them off and wait?

What's the story with these guys? There's now more than two approved types? TIA

OF

Not risking blow out mixing the two batteries at 4ohm? 6.7v at 4ohm doing 1.68amps pushing 11.2w

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Not risking blow out mixing the two batteries at 4ohm? 6.7v at 4ohm doing 1.68amps pushing 11.2w

Never mix cells.

Try that same cart on 2x18350 see if that works. Just do a 2 second run if its full, or dry run soon as you see light let it go. This will make sure carts working, and narrow down issue to cells.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Never mix cells.

Your call, but for the record this is perfectly OK for testing as I've suggested. Trust me on this or check it out independently. The general rule you're citing has to do with normal service to protect the weaker cell from damage when it discharges and it's terminal voltage drops but current is still being forced through by the voltage from the other cell(s) in the battery.

This is the reason we need protected cells (or 'safe chemistry') to start with. Right?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Your call, but for the record this is perfectly OK for testing as I've suggested. Trust me on this or check it out independently. The general rule you're citing has to do with normal service to protect the weaker cell from damage when it discharges and it's terminal voltage drops but current is still being forced through by the voltage from the other cell(s) in the battery.

This is the reason we need protected cells (or 'safe chemistry') to start with. Right?

OF

Never mix cells is a industry standard. Running a 3v cell with a 3.7v cell is not something i would try, or running a 18650 with a 18350. This is why we have a warning in the PErsei to pair up cells.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Never mix cells is a industry standard. Running a 3v cell with a 3.7v cell is not something i would try, or running a 18650 with a 18350. This is why we have a warning in the PErsei to pair up cells.

I know the 'industry standard' advice, I taught it enough.....

Like I said, trust me or check it out. You employ an electrical engineer, ask him if testing this way is OK. But please don't make out like I'm making dangerous or improper suggestions? Thanks.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I know the 'industry standard' advice, I taught it enough.....

Like I said, trust me or check it out. You employ an electrical engineer, ask him if testing this way is OK. But please don't make out like I'm making dangerous or improper suggestions? Thanks.

OF

OF you can try that as many times as you like, your trained to do this type of tests, the average user is not.

I can not in any way recommend this test, what happens if it goes wrong? Who is responsible?

Just trying to be logical brotha. Dont get me wrong its just something you dont want people to try.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

OF you can try that as many times as you like, your trained to do this type of tests, the average user is not.

I can not in any way recommend this test, what happens if it goes wrong? Who is responsible?

Just trying to be logical brotha. Dont get me wrong its just something you dont want people to try.

Yes, I'm trained in the area. Also licensed to teach that training in this state in fact. I appreciate your bias towards safety, in fact I think you'll have to look around a bit to find a guy who is more safety conscious in such things (trained there, too...). I understand you don't want to recommend the test; I do and have. I'm responsible for my suggestions, of course, and will defend them as you see.

As I said, your call but I can't agree that advice for service use of batteries applies to such special, brief tests. It is not true to say "Never mix cells" since that is advice for using them to their capacity and avoiding leaks (which is where the advice comes from, leaking flashlight batteries.....) not for tests. This is not "just something you dont want people to try". It is, in fact, just what I'd like the OP to try, but that's his call too. I'm suggesting a simple test that can save time and money getting this resolved. Not my time or cost or call. Just my suggestion, and again, for the record a legitimate one.

I understand if you want to stick with what you know and are comfortable with of course.

OF

OF,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Yes, I'm trained in the area. Also licensed to teach that training in this state in fact. I appreciate your bias towards safety, in fact I think you'll have to look around a bit to find a guy who is more safety conscious in such things (trained there, too...). I understand you don't want to recommend the test; I do and have. I'm responsible for my suggestions, of course, and will defend them as you see.

As I said, your call but I can't agree that advice for service use of batteries applies to such special, brief tests. It is not true to say "Never mix cells" since that is advice for using them to their capacity and avoiding leaks (which is where the advice comes from, leaking flashlight batteries.....) not for tests. This is not "just something you dont want people to try". It is, in fact, just what I'd like the OP to try, but that's his call too. I'm suggesting a simple test that can save time and money getting this resolved. Not my time or cost or call. Just my suggestion, and again, for the record a legitimate one.

I understand if you want to stick with what you know and are comfortable with of course.

OF

Would test, but why not wait the couple hours and grab the multimeter in the morn. saves time and funeral bills for either end of flop chance. trust ya, but that using a mm you get near 100% proof.

Porquiplane,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Would test, but why not wait the couple hours and grab the multimeter in the morn. saves time and funeral bills for either end of flop chance. trust ya, but that using a mm you get near 100% proof.

I am certain one of the cells is below working voltage, try a 2.4ohm if you have it, if that works then thats what it is.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom