Discontinued The Oracle Infrared Vaporizer

weedemon

enthusiast
thanks for the review looks like this one is something to put on my wish list :p possibly even sell my volcano. to buy it :p

weedemon,

HiPi

C.Taylor
Manufacturer
Awesome review for the Oracle! I love seeing new innovation take the lead for things like this. I really cant see buying any other bag blowing vape over 300 dollars than this! I give this the BOSS stamp for that price range. I want to see this vape make it big time.

HiPi,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HiPi said:
Awesome review for the Oracle! I love seeing new innovation take the lead for things like this. I really cant see buying any other bag blowing vape over 300 dollars than this! I give this the BOSS stamp for that price range. I want to see this vape make it big time.

Thanks for the love Hipi, likewise on your new products! We are going to be at the Treating Yourself Expo June 3-5 so hopefully I will see you there and get a chance to try out your units!

The Oracle,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
The Oracle said:
I think the main difference in "quality of vapor" is the air temperature. Since we use infrared heating (which doesn't warm the air directly), the convective effect is minimal and therefore produced vapors shouldn't come out as dry. I think the experience has a lot to do with the user, for example I find the first bag to be really mild, smooth and flavorful while the second bag will be heavier (this is where the bubbler or bong would come in handy).

Thanks for that explanation, which is consistent with @FLskwat's review. That the herb is heated by the infrared as opposed to hot air flow (assuming I understood correctly) deserves to be emphasized given the greater efficiency and smoothness that results. The Oracle's speed is a great feature, but I would suggest that many and possibly even most users will be more excited by the prospects of better herb conservation (and with it, lower cost - which also helps to justify the Oracle's higher price point) and a superior experience.

The Oracle said:
The unit uses an air pump with a single speed, hence the 1 button operation. We don't recommend closing off the air path while the unit is running, although it is strong enough to push through water in your average bong.

Again, thanks for the clarification. Some folks have referred to it having a fan rather than a pump; that's an important distinction given that a pump is more powerful. That said, IMO it should be made clear that if connecting directly to a bong without the bag, the unit needs to be powered off when not hitting - since there is not a passive mode and with the vapor being continuously pushed, it will be natural for the user to place the tube fitting into the bong down stem (or use a thumb, etc.) to prevent vapor loss. The alternative of toggling the unit in order to control the pump, isn't convenient and is likely not healthy for the machine. Similarly, if using direct draw I wonder if the flow might not be rather over-powering given how powerful the pump is. Seems to me that the Oracle is really designed to be primarily used with/via the bag; bypassing the bag is possible but there are caveats. Unless I'm missing something?

FLslwat. any comments or insights regarding the above? (Great review, btw!)

Bogdan, thanks again for the very quick and clear reply. You've got one sweet machine there. :)

oldiebutgoodie,
can someone post a picture of how they have hooked their oracle up to a water filter i.e. a bong, or bubbler?
Oracle I am still extremely confused how to hook this unit up to glass? Do your glass bag14mm adpaters for function the same way as illadelph's volcano glass adapter? If you do not know the product, it is just a glass fixing no valve.

biojuggernaut,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
FLskwat said:
Nice review! :tup:

My beta unit got a serious workout last weekend, must have filled at least 50 bags. It's just fun to use and a real crowd-pleaser--must be that pulsating orange glow. Only issue was a newbie picking a hot bowl up incorrectly and dropping it on tile. Small damage to the bottom of the straight stack piece but still usable thankfully!

I'm still consistently impressed by how well this vape extracts the goodies. In my experience it's one of, if not the best for uniform browning- absolutely even. We were vaping at mostly 3 o'clock or about 380F/193C according to the instructions, and reloading after 2 bags.

Took a picture of some of the vaped bud.

The darker bits are from the addition of honey oil some of the bowls. I've found that concentrates vape really well in the Oracle, and without the need to use higher temperatures as with most vapes. Probably for the same reason that it does so well with herb; everything is bathed in the infrared heat.

If bags are your thing you really should see the Oracle. :D

vtac,
Wow, the reviews are sounding super impressive. I love the idea of having just super dense vapor, sometimes I hate how long it takes to just get where you want to be with vaporizing.

Very important question: how's the vapebonging?

charliedontsurf,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Thanks for the comments about the review. For vapebonging or/and moisturizing your vapor, you can:
Do as the video link from Oldie (very convenient to bong a bag),
OR
use the direct draw connector ( BMI 14mm elbow adaptor) + tubing going into your bong (direct if good tubing size for your downstem, or with another adapter if necessary)
OR
check out the BMI's bubbler/moisturizer glass add-on on their website... It should be available in a very near future! ;)

FLskwat,

Raf007

Retailer
oldiebutgoodie said:
That said, IMO it should be made clear that if connecting directly to a bong without the bag, the unit needs to be powered off when not hitting - since there is not a passive mode and with the vapor being continuously pushed, it will be natural for the user to place the tube fitting into the bong down stem (or use a thumb, etc.) to prevent vapor loss. The alternative of toggling the unit in order to control the pump, isn't convenient and is likely not healthy for the machine. Similarly, if using direct draw I wonder if the flow might not be rather over-powering given how powerful the pump is. Seems to me that the Oracle is really designed to be primarily used with/via the bag; bypassing the bag is possible but there are caveats. Unless I'm missing something?

It really depends on how you use the machine with your bong.
If you plug the whip to the bong with the balloon then whenever you don't hit the bong it will fill the balloon. Like when you don't use a bong actually.
Whenever using direct draw, you are right, either you use the ballon for when you don't inhale (the way the Oracle is designed) or you have to shutt it off when not hitting because the pump and heating mecanism work together. But this is not really a problem with such a heating speed.

Raf007,

oldiebutgoodie

Raf007 said:
If you plug the whip to the bong with the balloon then whenever you don't hit the bong it will fill the balloon. Like when you don't use a bong actually.

That's a very good point. Essentially then the user would begin the session bonging via the whip pulling directly from the machine's vapor flow at the glass T-fitting, turn the machine off, and then finish drawing from the bag the vapor which had accumulated in between hits, right?

Raf007 said:
Whenever using direct draw, you are right, either you use the ballon for when you don't inhale (the way the Oracle is designed) or you have to shutt it off when not hitting because the pump and heating mecanism work together. But this is not really a problem with such a heating speed.

I agree with you that with the heating speed, that should alleviate ease-of-use concerns (at least for most users). However, I think it would be helpful to hear from Oracle's on this, from the standpoint of the effects upon the machine. If the unit is powered off/on 3x or 4x compared to the typical 1x per session planned for by the engineers, then there is the potential to shorten the life of any consumable components (I would wonder about an infrared bulb/tube or the pump diaphragm, both of which have defined lifespans.)

I don't mean this to be a criticism. The Oracle being designed to use the bag as the primary vapor source and conduit, is fine with me - the solution you describe in your first comment (above) seems reasonable, and IMO is preferable to toggling the machine. My feeling is just that prospective users will want to be clear on this point. :)

oldiebutgoodie,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I really thaught both my end tips, my description of "never unclipping da bag during the session as a revolution" and the expression "whip da bag" were clear enough, but I was wrong! ;)

FLskwat,

max

Out to lunch
oldiebutgoodie said:
Similarly, if using direct draw I wonder if the flow might not be rather over-powering given how powerful the pump is.
I don't find it overpowering at all. While it's true that you're drawing from a fast moving vapor path, you're still controlling your draw. You're not gonna get the kind of thick hits that you would from a packed bowl on a passive direct draw design, but I've found the hits to be quite satisfactory, all things considered.

Seems to me that the Oracle is really designed to be primarily used with/via the bag; bypassing the bag is possible but there are caveats. Unless I'm missing something?
If you're saying bypassing the bag in favor of a bong connection, I'd agree. If that's your goal, this is not the best vape to buy. But as bag fill, along with the option of direct draw via the hookah stack adapter, I think it does an exceptional job.

max,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Wow, this thread really took off!

@oldiebutgoodie - from speaking to some of our parts manufacturers, the only item which would be effected from the on/off cycle is the emitter. Yet the way it generates heat is through short pulses of power which resembles your scenario somewhat (but at a much higher rate :lol: ). Ideally if you use the unit the way its intended (several minute sessions with a bag), you should be gold yet I see no reason why the other scenario would not work as well.

Hope this helped!

Cheers :peace:

The Oracle,
Still have never actually seen the unit hooked up to a water bong/bubbler. So what is the conclusion? Could it be dangerous to the unit to a bong if there is back pressure?

biojuggernaut,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
oldiebutgoodie said:
charliedontsurf said:
Very important question: how's the vapebonging?
Here is a YouTube video, connecting the bag's GonG fitting to a bong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ipghXsGQc

Since the connector (glass part on bag) is a 14/20 male, it will fit directly into the Oracle or any 14/20 female bong joint. FLskwat also had a good suggestion by hooking up a 14/20 elbow adapter (coming soon) to the unit, a hose in the middle, then the other end is connected to your bong (same way you would connect an Extreme for example). As for back pressure, if you attach the unit to a bong via silicone hose, the pressure from the pump should be strong enough to push through the water.

The Oracle,

oldiebutgoodie

Thanks for the great replies . . .

@Bogdan - Your responses provided excellent clarification. I understand your explanation re the emitter (I have some familiarity with this type of technology); that's fine. If there was an issue, I expected it to be with the pump. It's of note that while HA promotes its pump's ability to push thru water as a competitive advantage, conversely Arizer, even though having a powerful fan, recommends toggling the fan off to avoid back-pressure which could over-work it's motor - that's all fair, given the differences between a fan and a pump. IMO the advantage of the Oracle's pump coupled with instant-on infrared technology, plus the flexibility of delivery methods (without risk to the unit), should translate into very efficient (greater conservation) broad-spectrum (superior experience) vaporization. A winner.

@FLwkstat - I may be old but I'm not dead yet :D Yes, I got the "whip da bag". However, given that "you don't necessarily need the bag, two elbow connectors (one connected to the bowl and one to the bong) will work wonderfully as a forced air setup", I thought that warranted a bit of further discussion. IMO, Bogdan's replies put more points on the board for Oracle.

@max - thx for your comment re the direct draw not being over-powering. I'm (pleasantly) surprised, given that the pump is powerful enough to push thru water. Plus after seeing the bubbler adapter in action, I am getting really, er, pumped up about this machine.

oldiebutgoodie,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Thanks for the review @FLskwat!

Sounds like the Oracle is definitely a contendor to the Volcano with its thick hits and infared technology. I remember first seeing the video of the Oracle and seeing the thick bags and thinking "there is no way", but now I truly believe that something is just special about this vape.

I wish I had the $499 to spend on this. I am looking to upgrade from my MFLB to a temperature variable vaporizer.

Question: Is it pretty easy to set specific temperatures with this vape? In terms of the dial. I know it doesn't have exact temps on the dial, but is there like a temperature key so you know which notches on the dial are certain temps?

Thanks!

Elluzion,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@oldiebutgoodie - Much appreciated, I do my best to describe the technology in a way which everyone understands. Luckily FC is full of tech savvy members such as yourself ;)

@Elluzion - There is a temperature key in our operating manual and quick vape, both of which can be found here . Generally you would find your sweet spot and stick to it, I prefer to hover around 2-3 o'clock or 370F.

Cheers :peace:

EDIT: Just a few units remaining until the next batch in May!

The Oracle,

Hammerzeit

The Oracle said:
NEW VIDEO!

Oracle Vaporizer Vid

This one replaced the the previous "beta" video on the website.
:peace:

I'm digging the whip/bag combo. Looks way easier then my Ion's valve thing. I also told the local headshop about you guys, and hopefully I'll be able to oogle a Oracle IRL sometime. :brow:

Hammerzeit,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The Oracle said:
NEW VIDEO!
Looks great, nice changes all around. :tup:

Just got the new straight stack adapter with the domed screen and constriction. The previous beta version worked just fine but I like the refinements! Can't try it yet because some friends of mine managed to wrestle my Oracle away while I was out of town. :D

vtac,

dime

vtac said:
The Oracle said:
NEW VIDEO!
Looks great, nice changes all around. :tup:

Just got the new straight stack adapter with the domed screen and constriction. The previous beta version worked just fine but I like the refinements! Can't try it yet because some friends of mine managed to wrestle my Oracle away while I was out of town. :D

http://i.imgur.com/IjSxhs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/dMPCSs.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Buo0Es.jpg http://i.imgur.com/3O32is.jpg

Where did you get this from, and how does it work? My screen gets clogged after 3 bowls with the old version.

dime,

Dudeson 1882

I've not been able to vape for a year or so & checked back in to see what was new in vapeworld. Been reading threads for a few days I gotta say that this is the most impressive new vape I've seen by far.

It seems unreal with the incredible heat time & the whip + bag attachment blew me away. Although the most impressive thing is the huge clouds it was producing in some of the vids. If I didn't already have a volcano I'd have bought one already. I'll be watching this thread with interest as the only thing that remains to be seen is its durability.

Out of interest do you do (or plan to do) UK/ EU models? & if so how much would it cost total to get one shipped here?

Dudeson 1882,

The Oracle

Vape Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@dime - fire me an email and i'll send you some new ones.
@Dudeson 1882 - We don't currently stock any UK models, we plan to do so in the winter. Updated pricing will be made available upon release but I don't expect there will be much of a price difference from the 120V model. If you subscribe to our website, you will get up to date information including release dates and special deals.

Just finished up the Treating Yourself Expo here in Toronto and I must say, it turned out amazing! It was great to meet so many amazing people in each particular sector of the industry, sharing stories, a few laughs and a ton of business cards :p

The Oracle,
Top Bottom