The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Vape Dr. , Haha! That's awesome dude! Although I totally flinched everytime you put that knife to work hahaha.

I was going to go all out with packaging... but knowling myself it would probably take weeks to finalize... so I decided to just get these OUT... and so went with good ol' bubble wrap.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
@Vape Dr. , Haha! That's awesome dude! Although I totally flinched everytime you put that knife to work hahaha.

I was going to go all out with packaging... but knowling myself it would probably take weeks to finalize... so I decided to just get these OUT... and so went with good ol' bubble wrap.
Good choice I say!
As much as I love the Okin packaging (VERY nice), I'd personally prefer that your efforts on the Nomad were 'undiluted', and focused on the vape itself.

And CONGRATS to Vape Dr :rockon: (and you for producing the Nomad).

I look forward to seeing more vid's, and reading more reactions from first adopters :clap:

buckhakeesah

Wow guys! We are so lucky to have Dan here. If there were awards to give on design, quality, fit and finish for best wood vape. This guy is easily takes it....now off to test her out.

Anyone on the fence. Drop that cash you will not be disappointed in the final product.

My button has a small tactile click to it. Very nice. I love pushing buttons.

Last edited:

ZC

Wow so cool to see these finally arrive!

Dan you can stop future knife flinches by making sure each piece of tape has a "courtesy tab" at the end. Just fold over the last bit of tape onto itself and we can unwrap with that pull tab instead of taking a knife so close to your work!

buckhakeesah

One session done on the med high heat module. Vape quality is excellent. Similar in taste to my old MVT touch if I had to compare. I was getting results just like his YT vid. Followed his manual as directed.

Im gonna play around with the screen placement closest to the heater. Seems easy to load easier if it was opposite/ flipped rather than the way he directed. It was finicky capping it the way he intended. It will get better and easier im sure.

More testing later.

Visual stunning. Performance approved!

buckhakeesah

Yes. Loading is easy, just like the MVT is the closest comparison in my experience. Dan's directions are very detailed. I would follow that. You'll need to play around with different placement depth of the screens, pack and draw strength to find what you like. Your nomad number is on the bottom cover plate. Very sweet detail.

Whats different is the swappable heaters of course. Its tiny vape. Could pass for an ecig out and about. Easy to conceal in hand. Everything just fits so well and snug. Screams quality to the max.

Last edited:

Bdubbdiblets

Im gonna play around with the screen placement closest to the heater. Seems easy to load easier if it was opposite/ flipped rather than the way he directed. It was finicky capping it the way he intended. It will get better and easier im sure.

I'm interested in folks loading best practices as it does seem a bit finicky the way described especially out and about but I'm sure as with all vapes it will get easy...I don't have an MVT but I do have a Tubo and Mi and load in similar style the only difference is the top screen stays in at all times as opposed to pushing it all out everytime with a pencil etc..(perhaps a tool to be created?:shrug:) again I'm sure it will become second nature. Besides the loading won't matter after a round or 2 and I find myself staring at the beautiful art in my hand!!!:o:love::drool:

It's hard to believe they're actually in the wild!! Sooooooo excited to see more!

Cheers to the second round being started! Sorry @Dan Morrison I don't mean to be ancy lol as I'm sure you want to rest a sec and appreciate what you've done with the first round!! True beauties!

:rockon:

buckhakeesah

Aha! Seems its height adjustable if you want it taller or shorter. Slide the sleeve down to whatever height is preferred. Not sure if it was designed with this in mind but I think it will work for people that want to try it.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Quick Start Guide

I tried to include everything that would be needed to get the best performance right out of the gate. Obviously I'll be around here to answer questions.

I assumed that most of you are familiar with the nature of unregulated convection, so for those who are not, please don't hesitate to ask for more clarification... it can be a lot to take in at first! ha.

Great job, Dan!

Are the heater modules labeled correctly? I would assume the one with more spirals is the hotter one?

stickstones,

delloy

Great job, Dan!

Are the heater modules labeled correctly? I would assume the one with more spirals is the hotter one?
All the heater info is included in Dans linked guide. I think its the one with lesser spirals is the hottest.

delloy,
Reactions: grokit

delloy

Haha ok Because I thought exactly as Dan has listed in his guide. I just assumed the lesser amount of coils and thickness the hotter the heater. But I believe whatever Dan says as physics and electrics etc were never a favourite subject of mine whilst I was in education :ugh:

My Nomad has been in the UK for 3 days now and not moved. Hope I dont get stung by a huge customs charge.

Last edited:
delloy,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Dan Morrison .... One suggestion, for what it may be worth, is to include directional references (labeled diagrams perhaps?) when discussing the screens vis a vis the glass tubes. That way, we are all on the "same page" from the start! :myday::myday::myday:

EDIT: clarification on heater identification would help as well, for me at least! :hmm::hmm:

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Dan Morrison ... if I understand it correctly, the screens are inserted by using a suitable tool, e.g., a dowel or similar object? Wouldn't repeated installation, as described, tend to weaken the screens to the extent that they longer hold their intended forms?

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Aha! Seems its height adjustable if you want it taller or shorter. Slide the sleeve down to whatever height is preferred. Not sure if it was designed with this in mind but I think it will work for people that want to try it.

Yep! You can definitely play with how far you push the stem into the body. So, by extending the stem out, you essentially get a longer air path. This of course changes the distance between the heater and herb chamber, so the heat will be slightly different as well.

EDIT: I Just realized you said "sleeve" not stem. heh.

It can be used this way without worry of damage, so go ahead!

Only the first batch gets two heater modules, right?

That's correct, a bonus for being an early adopter.

@Fat Freddy , Good Idea!

Cc154Fy.jpg

Heaters:

The one with the thicker ribbon, less spirals, is the hotter heater. Just remember, less is more, ha.

Stems Loading:

I used the cut ends facing out (facing the heater module, opposite to what I suggest in the tutorial) for like a year, no issues. I found it to be fine.

BUT, I did eventually think that maybe performance was marginally better with the screen facing the other way around, with the cut ends facing inwards.

As an alternative to the stem sandwich, you can place the top screen inside the body instead. If you look down the hole where you put the stem, you'll see a little step down where the glass stem stops, just before the heater module. Using a new flat screen, or you can flatten a domed screen, cut a screen to size so that it fits flat against that step down and snug in the hole.

Cut the screen just a tad over-sized so it stays put. Now, when you load the stem and push it down into the body, the glass stem makes a seal against that internal screen, sealing the herb chamber.

This would be preferred for those who don't want to deal with removing the stem screen for loading.

But I personally prefer the two screens in the stem. Easier to clean, and gives more adjust-ability.

@delloy , Tracking info is often wonky between countries, it may appear to stay at a sorting facility or customs for days, then all of a sudden arrive at your door. I see this happen all the time.

@Fat Freddy , These screens are thicker than your usual metal screens, and tend to keep their shape for a very very long time. I had been using the same two for more than a year before switching, and even then they were in perfect working condition.

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! Because this is a small batch product, I will be listening to all suggestions to see if I can make improvements in each batch.

Last edited:

namasteIII

Yeah I agree with this screen talk. Seems like it would make out and about loading difficult. Is there anyway to easily remove the top screen without touching the bottom one? That way every reload would not include a complete screen reseting as well. I know it is not a huge deal either way, but messing with the screens every bowl would add up time wise. It's nice to be able tow whip out the herb and get vaping in a quick amount of time, especially for such a small and on demand unit, I feel loading and unloading should be made quick as well.

Cheers though, and congrats @Dan Morrison you've brought a dream to reality, not an easy thing to do so I give you my earnest applause.

Top Bottom