The MMA Discussion Dojo

jklasd

yes, hes trying to hide the vaseline the commission told him to put away. thats my point. yes, he used it. yes it was on gsp. no i dont think gsp knew. penn also pointed out the shorts and lets face it, herb dean warn gsp and there end of story, its about the vaseline, nothin else. he also pointed the hits in the baqck of the head, which i remember reading, while illegal, penn was making gsp hit im in the back of the head by forcing his head like that. gsp being stripped of his title is a joke.

jklasd,

tradhead

You reckon?! we will have to agree to disagree then,:cool: But certain gsp knew, we all knew when we saw his CM put vasaline on gsp shoulders and back, we saw it. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that that vasaline gave gsp a decisive edge. He could well win without cheating, but he didnt there. Greaseing up a fighter is completely against the rules of all ring sports , why? because it gives an unfair advantage. Why not try it when your on the mats next, see how it effects your game.

tradhead,

jklasd

yes, we saw it, but i think its fair to say gsp mind is on the fight and what greg jackson is telling him, not phil nurse and him rubbing vaseline on this face.. i dont think he knew. and he didn't put the vaseline on his shoulders and back, its transfered from his hands. perhaps im being to technically, but it keeps sounding as if you see a big ass pile of it going onto his body, and if you did, please show me, cuz obviously im missing something

SPOILERS:

anyone see the card last night? what you think of the kos lost? i felt his was out and the ref was right with stopping it. deigo looked ok, stevenson is obviously a tough guy, but it looked like joe thought he was winning the the third round and wasn't pushing as hard is as should have. nate looked quite good. and jesus, is maia ever amazing on the ground. i cant wait to see him against a nate or someone thats top 10. or rather top 20, we all know the MWD is rather weak in the ufc.

END OF SPOILERS.

we should get like a option to change our font so we can change the font to the colour of the thread and only those who highlight it can read what was written, no risk of spolers.

jklasd,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Man the vaseline thing has been discussed ad nausem on hundreds of MMA forums, blogs, podcasts etc. In fact, many have banned the discussion of it.

Have you seen the fight, trad? I hope you're not basing your opinions solely on BJ's conspiracy theory video. You can edit a video to make it look like anything happened and that's exactly what BJ's camp did. Watch the whole fight and tell me you think vaseline had anything to do with the outcome. The comission wiped GSP down after each round. The don't hit the back of the head part was even more laughable, he was hitting BJ's ear for 90% of them. BJ is making all kinds of shit up.

What BJ needs is a sports psychologist to help him get through this devastating blow to his ego. The guy is a phenomenal lightweight fighter but when you hear all the shit he talks before the fight and now after the ironic stoppage loss, he really starts to sound like whiny sore loser, which is pretty unfortunate for a guy trying to build a legacy. GSP didn't cry about BJ gouging him in the eye in the first fight; instead of making excuses, he used the experience and worked his ass off to improve his game. Clearly he's worked a lot harder than BJ since then.

It definitely is an unfortunate 'controversy', if anything it shows that the commission is incompetent at enforcing their own rules. Limit vaseline to the cutman or something so this never happens again.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the vaseline thing please do it on another forum, it's been done to death and I think most of us would rather talk about new stuff. :)

Need to grab the fight from last night, missed it.

\/ lol yeah, i loved all the special effects they used. :lol:

vtac,

djelimon

regards spoiler issue:

spoiler tags are available in BBCODE

Spoiler Tag
Creates a table with the text the same color as the background. Simply click on the table cell to reveal the text.
http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?index.php?s=&act=legends&CODE=bbcode

In the meantime, if we knew the right value for the background color, there is a color code tag already enabled in this forum which allows us to change the color of the stuff we type

djelimon,

tradhead

whatever lads, we see it from a different point of view i guess, I doubt you actually train do you? enjoy your chat...

tradhead,

djelimon

whatever lads, we see it from a different point of view i guess,
Doesn't everybody?

While I have not much sympathy for BJ, I think that the UFC needs to put in more safeguards around this sort of thing. For example - uniforms for corner staff, and all materials to be brought into the corner by UFC staff after inspection.

I just don't think GSP is in any way to blame for any of it. I would support a rematch as well, however.

I doubt you actually train do you? enjoy your chat...
sidelined with a knee injury, but about 20 years before that

djelimon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
It definitely is an unfortunate 'controversy', if anything it shows that the commission is incompetent at enforcing their own rules. Limit vaseline to the cutman or something so this never happens again.
Agreed.

Why this wasn't done before strikes me as odd. I mean, this is some shit you can't fuck up. Something serious like greasing up a fighter (extreme advantage) shouldn't be just *shrugged off*.

I would also support a rematch. I think it is, only fair, after all. If GSP is confident in his skills, it should be no prob, right? :/

Anyways, I digress.... just wanted to add my :2c:.

SpiralArchitect,

jklasd

they dont want to hold the WW and LW divisions hostage again. perhaps after gsp loses to thiago(IMO) and florian loses to penn(i want kenflo to win, but i think penn will just rush him from the start and take him out), then perhaps there will be a rematch, but penn is out of his weigh class, and i dont think penn could be gsp anymore. even on the feet i think gsp would win.

regards spoiler issue:

spoiler tags are available in BBCODE

Spoiler Tag
Creates a table with the text the same color as the background. Simply click on the table cell to reveal the text.

http://forums.htmlhelp.com/index.php?in ? ODE=bbcode

In the meantime, if we knew the right value for the background color, there is a color code tag already enabled in this forum which allows us to change the color of the stuff we type
thank you sir, ill use this for now on.

jklasd,

djelimon

jklasd I think the spoiler tag, and possibly the background color, may have been disabled. I got a number value through firebug, but it didn't work.

djelimon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
For spoilers you can use the color "#383838" to match the post background. Example below (highlight between the dashes):

-
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
-

About the vaseline thing... it's just been done to death at this point. If you guys REALLY want to turn this thread into yet another vaseline discussion I'll change the title to reflect that and keep out. :p

Rematch should be good. Hard to see it going any other way except even worse for Penn though.

jklasd said:
perhaps after gsp loses to thiago
Care to wager 100 virtual grams? :brow:

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Wow, taking Thiago over GSP, I like that pic even though I think GSP is a more complete fighter. Thiago stuffed Kos takedowns and I am really interested to see who is the better stand up fighter. Thiago cuts from 200-205 and will be one of the only WWs bigger than GSP come fight time. Wish BJ would fight KenFlo before rematching GSP though, I really want to see how far KenFlo has come

stonemonkey55,

eLiguL

I officially coin the phrase 'Marquart Special' for the following combination:

Right leg head kick followed by a spinning backfist followed with a Right hook and two knee's. :D

eLiguL,

jklasd

haha that was a great combo, probably never gonna see it again
stonemonkey, ive been saying it ever since the hughes fight, this guy is a beast and if anyone in the WWD can take the belt from GSP, its him. i think he hits harder, hes bigger, possibly stronger, great mauy thai, great TD. i see this guy taking the belt. now if gsp wins, im not gonna be sadden, but much more impressed with gsp then i was before. i like gsp, alot, possibly top 4 fights i like the most, so seeing him win is fine by me. i like alves as well and i just see him winning by KO or TKO.
there will not be a rematch with penn and gsp, dana stated it already. not now at least. kenflo will get his shot before penn and gsp fight again, they are saying possibly 100 or 101. i cant remember where i saw it though.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dude, that combo was so sick. Often times when I fantasize about myself fighting, those are the tops of combos that are in my dreams...esp after the spinning back fist with the right hook then the knees. Wilson got a pretty damn good chin though...

kenflo deservs the title fight in between. BJ cant hold up division, as much as i love him, he makes it tough for the lightweight division to do their thing without being able to fight for the title

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

yea they will. kenflo said probably late summer on mmalive. they were looking at june but penn wants time to spend with his daughter.

jklasd,

jklasd

just wondering if anyone saw any update on forrest yet? i know he like broke his hand or something in the evans fight, but haven't heard anything about how long he was out for.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i havne't heard anything on Forrest but what about that Mike Brown, now I think its a toss up for the faber/brown rematch

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

brown has the size and the wrestling over faber. he also hit harder i think, and will win everytime they fight. course, anything can happen.

jklasd,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Bah, they were all disappointing fights, especially title fight. I did like that nerd dude that one though....

'BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!!!!' :lol:

SpiralArchitect,

jklasd

havent seen the fights, but from what i read, looks good to me. better opinion later today. i have a funeral to go to :(

jklasd,

eLiguL

SpiralArchitect said:
Bah, they were all disappointing fights, especially title fight. I did like that nerd dude that one though....

'BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!!!!' :lol:
I found the fights rather entertaining, not many decisions and lots of finished fights....

Brown v Sell was a little more one sided than I thought it would be.

eLiguL,
Top Bottom