The MMA Discussion Dojo

jklasd

eLiguL said:
SpiralArchitect said:
Bah, they were all disappointing fights, especially title fight. I did like that nerd dude that one though....

'BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!!!!' :lol:
I found the fights rather entertaining, not many decisions and lots of finished fights....

Brown v Sell was a little more one sided than I thought it would be.
yea i felt the same. i liked the title fight, though not the best. the hyped it good at the end. rashad is as big as rampage which i was suprised at. hamill was AMAZING with that head kick. if he can get his cardio better, he be really good. he showed great wrestling too against a guy many thought had better wrestling. brown looked amazing, but jesus that fight should have been stopped, sell was OUT. grove looked ok, still showed weaknesses. and holy fuck what about carwin? whos next for that guy? kongo?

jklasd,

eLiguL

jklasd said:
eLiguL said:
SpiralArchitect said:
Bah, they were all disappointing fights, especially title fight. I did like that nerd dude that one though....

'BLACK ON BLACK CRIME!!!!' :lol:
I found the fights rather entertaining, not many decisions and lots of finished fights....

yea i felt the same. i liked the title fight, though not the best. the hyped it good at the end. rashad is as big as rampage which i was suprised at. hamill was AMAZING with that head kick. if he can get his cardio better, he be really good. he showed great wrestling too against a guy many thought had better wrestling. brown looked amazing, but jesus that fight should have been stopped, sell was OUT. grove looked ok, still showed weaknesses. and holy fuck what about carwin? whos next for that guy? kongo?
I think they are gonna groom Carwin for a mega fight with Lesnar, Godzilla v King Kong? :lol:

eLiguL,

jklasd

eLiguL said:
jklasd said:
eLiguL said:

I think they are gonna groom Carwin for a mega fight with Lesnar, Godzilla v King Kong? :lol:
well yea, thats exactly what they are doing, but they wont do it next. i think it should be kongo vs carwin, faces the winner of randy vs nog who then faces the winner of lesner vs mir. that would give carwin 2 more wins, if he wins, before a title shot, which is good. winner of lesner vs mir would get time off after their title fights, and defend probably late this year early next. assuming of course winner of randy/nog could go in october and they make the carwin/kongo fight around june/july.

jklasd,

eLiguL

stonemonkey55 said:
Carwin versus Bobby Lashley? :lol:
It was kinda sad he couldnt finish a sub-par LHW.....

Roy Jones got a nice tomatoe can to dent up, at least that was fun to watch. :lol:

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
the "old" RJ looked good against Sheika, too bad he couldn't pull the miracle againt Joe C. I was such a fan of Roy's when I was younger and always lament that he didn't fight top competition during his peak years. He'd make for an interesting MMA fighter tho...

Carwin or Brock? Who is the bigger beast at this point? Dunno about overall game but Carwin got some TNT in his gloves.

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

im easily giving size to brock with ko power and better skills to carwin. although i think brock wrestling coulddddd be better, not to sure because i dont know how wrestling works in the states and that carwin did get taken down by gabe.

jklasd,

eLiguL

jklasd said:
im easily giving size to brock with ko power and better skills to carwin. although i think brock wrestling coulddddd be better, not to sure because i dont know how wrestling works in the states and that carwin did get taken down by gabe.
You also have to note that he took 2 straight rights to the jaw before he got taken down. The second punch gave him a deviated septum.

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Gonzaga/Carwin was about as action packed as a heavyweight bout could be. Gonzaga got a good skill set but like the cowardly lion, IMO, lacks heart.

I'm pretty juiced about the Silva/Franklin fight as well Silva/Leites. Leites ain't no joke and even though I thought he lost against Marquardt, I think he has a style that could give Anderson some trouble if he can get past Silva's arms and legs.

Silva/Franklin is going to be a barn burner and I'm very excited to see Wandy's "new style" with tighter technical striking. I'm forever going to be Wand nuthugger and hopefully he isn't a shot fighter. War Wand!

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Dude, that was one of the best fights I've seen in a minute.

Damn, just read the Dream results, Aoki got TKO'd in under a minute! yikes!

the Thomson/Melendez fight got cancelled for strikeforce too, bummer, best fight on the card IMO

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

yea i saw the aoki result. shit happens sometimes. hes still number 1 lightweight.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Diaz pwn3ed! I am so glad Mr. Adult Braces, Frank Shamrock got his face and ego smashed in

The Radach/Smith fight was AMAZING, it was almost MMA's version of Castillo/Corrales, ok, obviously not THAT good, but one of the best back and forth MMA fights.

Here is my boy Shingo Kohara laying the whoop ass on a Frank Shamrock student. He is from a TKD background and for those that same traditional martial arts is useless, they will be in for some eye opening techniques that surface in the years to come

Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcqF-lrXTwc

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The UFC game is so sick, who has the demo, so much fun. I am counting down the minutes so I can go back home and play. woot woot!

stonemonkey55,

The_Algebraist

stonemonkey55 said:
The UFC game is so sick, who has the demo, so much fun. I am counting down the minutes so I can go back home and play. woot woot!
I downloaded it as well. Are you on PS3? I definitely think it's awesome, though, to be honest, I think the fight game of the year is going to be Fight Night round 4. I'm definitely going to rock out the new UFC game, but there are a few things I kinda found a little underwhelming, namely the ground game. Press R3 furiously to execute a submission.... wish there was a little bit more finer control... BUT, totally fucking awesome demo!

The_Algebraist,

eLiguL

The_Algebraist said:
stonemonkey55 said:
I downloaded it as well. Are you on PS3? I definitely think it's awesome, though, to be honest, I think the fight game of the year is going to be Fight Night round 4. I'm definitely going to rock out the new UFC game, but there are a few things I kinda found a little underwhelming, namely the ground game. Press R3 furiously to execute a submission.... wish there was a little bit more finer control... BUT, totally fucking awesome demo!
I also found the mechanics of the game a little clunky. R3 is to initiate the sub but you gotta spin it clockwise to execute it.

Overall I think they did an ok job but considering that this game was delayed for almost a year I think it should have more polish on it. :2c:

Note: My hands really hurt after playing this game, LOL!

eLiguL,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I have no issues with the game's engine at all. The collision detection could be better but I am very happy with this version. I will look forward to next years improvements but that won't prevent me from playing the shit out of this game til FNR4 comes out. Damn, its a good time to be fight game lover.

stonemonkey55,

The_Algebraist

stonemonkey55 said:
but that won't prevent me from playing the shit out of this game til FNR4 comes out. Damn, its a good time to be fight game lover.
Damn fucking straight. I'm a touch disappointed with the demo, but once you get career mode going, the full cast of characters, and the online action fired up, this is probably going to be pretty killer. I'm definitely going to be playing the shit out of this one all summer, or at least until FNR4 comes out. Now THAT is going to be an amazing game. new physics engine, and it sounds like they majorly revamped a lot of details. I've been playing a lot of FNR3 lately and am definitely looking forward to both games.

That said, I really need to put in more sessions with the UFC demo so I familiarize myself with the controls. I've only played maybe a dozen times and the controls still feel very alien. Anyone see a moves-list online that one can print out for reference?

The_Algebraist,

eLiguL

The_Algebraist said:
stonemonkey55 said:
but that won't prevent me from playing the shit out of this game til FNR4 comes out. Damn, its a good time to be fight game lover.
Damn fucking straight. I'm a touch disappointed with the demo, but once you get career mode going, the full cast of characters, and the online action fired up, this is probably going to be pretty killer. I'm definitely going to be playing the shit out of this one all summer, or at least until FNR4 comes out. Now THAT is going to be an amazing game. new physics engine, and it sounds like they majorly revamped a lot of details. I've been playing a lot of FNR3 lately and am definitely looking forward to both games.

That said, I really need to put in more sessions with the UFC demo so I familiarize myself with the controls. I've only played maybe a dozen times and the controls still feel very alien. Anyone see a moves-list online that one can print out for reference?
Push start and look at combo list.

The 'flow' of the control style isnt very intuitive, I guess I gotta memorize the controls to become more efficient at it. I guess im not a fan of the fight engine(it leans heavily toward the old Pride games). EA would have done a better job at making this game IMO.

eLiguL,

jklasd

well yea, thats because ea is amazing at sports game. nhl 09 is great. but thq is no fool. i like the layout, it just difficult because mma is very diverse.

jklasd,

monkey vision

Machida or Evans, that is the question.

I'm pretty sure Hughes will eventually dominate Serra, as much as I hate to admit it.

monkey vision,
Top Bottom