The MMA Discussion Dojo

jklasd

i think lyoto will win but id perfer rashad just so rampage can knock him out next lol rashad is a cocky bastard. he showboats too much.
ill agree with hughes winnin but id love it if serra could submit him

jklasd,

monkey vision

I'm thinking Machida will eventually frustrate Evans into giving him an opening. However, those short little hooks that Rashad has are pretty powerfull, just ask Chuck(though I think he's had his head knocked around so much that it is easier to knock him out now).

I don't think Serra will be able to submit Hughes unless he can dominate the stand up and go to the ground when he wants to. If it goes to the ground early, I'm pretty sure that douche-bag farm boy(nothing against farm boys) will have the upper hand.

On another note, I love Anderson Silva, but that fucker needs to lose at least once. All great fighters should lose once in a while. He seems bored now.

monkey vision,

jklasd

chuck was hit with a overhand right, not a hook, just fyi.
i agree with the hughes/serra prediction, though i hate it. if matt was taller, he could do it, but i think his little body is gonna have a hard time with ass-fuck hughes on top.
completely agree with anderson, he looks crazy bored. i think forrest is a good fight for him to show some of his KO power, which is bad for griffin. :( i like griffin too much to see him getting knocked out.

jklasd,

monkey vision

It kinda hooked at the end but yeah.

Silva Surfer (that was bad) may need to move up a division. He needs more adversity than there probably is at his weight class right now.

monkey vision,

jklasd

never seen the hook at the end but yea.
he is moving up, hes going against griffin. maia and marquardt is rumored. maia would lose to silva, but id love to see nate again against silva.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Maia / Marquardt is gonnna be aweseom. I don't think Nate performed to his ability in the first fight with Silva myself.

I'm not a fan of Rashad and his antics. His fighting style is boring. Some people say Machida's is boring but for me, strategically, I can see what he is doing. With Rashad, his boring-ness, I can't figure out what he is trying to do....if anything. He has the worst fight metric stats of just about anyone with a winning record but he continues to win, so who am I to judge his effectivness. I would love to see Rampage cave his face in.

Jose Canseco versus Hong Man Choi?!?!? LOL

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

100% agree with rashad/machida comments.
jose is gonna get raped, hung, strangled, shot, stabbed, tasered, and anything else you can think of lol.

jklasd,

UrDoinItWrong

OOOooooo an MMA thread. Nice. Me likey to train the punchy kick and grapple.

Machida rules, can't wait to see that fight.

UrDoinItWrong,

jklasd

that little dude kicked ass lmao :lol: that fucking front flip double spin kick was brilliant. great timing. i thought those knees would destory him and they def did, but he kept coming!

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
yay for sure - he did more damage to hughes, did Hughes land anything of significance?

WAR Machida! Damn his fight was beautiful. Caught Rashad (with his bad footwork) with his feet together and blasted him with that straight left as only 5 toes of Rashad's were on the floor. The timing of his attacks are ridiculous, always at the opponents most defenseless moment. I wish my fighting IQ were like Machida's.

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

i just think the takedown in the third gave it to him. he shoulda got it, feel bad for serra.

machida is a beast, but people have to start trying to fight his fight. rashad was okish in the first. i think you need to attack that front leg of lyotos. forrest, jardine, anyone will good solid hard leg kicks would be the best to beat him.

jklasd,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Forgot about this thread!

I'm not qualified to score a fight but yeah, my guess was a slight edge to Serra. Taking into consideration that the headbutt was the catalyst, though...

Machida/Evans went down as expected. The man is on another level, I don't know how anyone ever considered him boring.

Canseco vs Choi :haw:

vtac,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
The Bash Bro got bashed....Canseco, how the stupid has fallen

Jklasd - I was thinking the same thing as you, ironically, I think its Jardine with his herky, jerky style that might give Machida the most fits stylistically. Then again, to really effectively use Machida's style, your reflexes have to be unreal. Perhaps he would've been this badass regardless of his style...just my thoughts

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

yea i made a typo in my post haha. they have to stop fighting lyotos style. everyone of that fights him fought lyotos way cept for rashad in the first. i think jardine would do ok but in my mind i think forrest would be the best one. but forrest has a huge test in front of him before another title shot. winner between anderson and forrest gets title shot?

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Lyoto and Anderson are both Black House representatives but that would be a DREAM match up of two of the most technically sound fighters on the planet. I must say that the Griffin/Silva fight is very intriguing to me. How will Forrest react against someone with a Muay Thai base? Can Anderson deal with a super large LHW? Dana put Forrest in against Anderson because he knows that Forrest will push the pace and force Anderson to react. We've seen what happens to most guys that push the pace against Anderson but Forrest has this workman like durability to him to make things interesting.

Damn, Kid Yamamoto lost to Warren over in Japan, ironically, both have been busted for pot.

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

yea i forgot about anderson and lyoto being teammates. but i wish i could be as positive in the forrest/anderson fight. i like anderson, but i perfer forrest. and to see him get KO or TKO again, it will fucking suck lol. i dont see him winning this in anyway and it sucks balls haha.
i love fighters getting busted for pot and being suspended, its stupid, i dont see pot like steroids or any of the HGH or any other drugs.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I've been watching more and more Lyoto footage and I am really trying to break down what makes him so effective. Is it his style? or is it him as a fighter? I am having a tough time deciphering, its probably a mix of the two but I am starting to lean more towards the latter. His techniques that are so effective really rely on his ability to close the distance at the perfect moment. Fighter with lesser reflexes, IMO, would not be able to fully execute this game plan. I'm going to analyze some more but would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this matter.

On a side note - I have yet to play anyone on FC in the UFC game, someone add me and lets fight!

Gamertag - stonemonkey55

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

i work tonight monkey but sure ill donate my ass to lose at a later date:p
but if thats the case, rashad was probably the best one since his speed is damn good. shogun perhaps if hes 100% healthy. im not buying hes back after a 3 minute KO but all the same, next win will prove if he is. i still think someone good at leg kicks is the best way. it will keep him at a distance and slow him down over the course of the fight.

jklasd,

Choism

I just heard Kimbo is officially going to be a contestant on next seasons The Ultimate Fighter 10. He'll be competing against 15 other heavyweights.

Choism,

Evil1

Im new to this forum and just found this thread - all I can say is WHAT A FORUM MAN !
I don't see the UFC events untill about two weeks after they happen and I hate knowing the result before I see the fights so I'll have to stay away untill Ive seen them.

Does anyone else here train MMA ?
I have a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (hopefully purple in July). I also box, muay thai and greco.
BJJ is my main sport. I plan on completing in the Mundials or World No-Gi next year.

Evil1,

eLiguL

Choism said:
I just heard Kimbo is officially going to be a contestant on next seasons The Ultimate Fighter 10. He'll be competing against 15 other heavyweights.
A few of his house mate's are gonna be ex-NFL'ers.

eLiguL,
Top Bottom