The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

CanadianFlowers

Vapor Enthusiast
dont know why this thing was $500 to start as it always breaks due to fragile nature of plastic.(which i dont know how it passed safety regulations, as plastic breaking is a sign of heat degradation...

Because the mighty is simply a beast of course!!! Worth $500 imo, thanks for explaining the heater! gives me better mind that there wouldn't be any build up in there :peace: or would there be build up? I've taking a liking to a fine grind for optimum vapor so I'm thinking would there be herb particulate caked in the steel rod?

Last edited:
CanadianFlowers,

Gobrian

Have you guys used isoprophyl alcohol to clean your mighty?
Only reason i ask is because the cleaning instructions in the manual list ethyl alcohol and dont mention iso.

Do you think its safe to use iso over ethyl??

Gobrian,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have you guys used isoprophyl alcohol to clean your mighty?
Only reason i ask is because the cleaning instructions in the manual list ethyl alcohol and dont mention iso.

Do you think its safe to use iso over ethyl??
Yes, for cleaning cooling unit I use Isopropyl Alcohol, 91% or preferably 99%. Also lightly in the chamber as well. Some recommend holding Mighty upside down when cleaning chamber so alcohol doesn't run inside.

Green Kiwi

mine wasn't really clogged when i went in there. the heater is just an iron rod that is inside another rod which is also the chamber. it's all conduction in there, maybe like 5% convection as there is some air going through the herbs. but it's mostly just one iron rod inside an aluminum tube. the tech isn't really all crazy.. dont know why this thing was $500 to start as it always breaks due to fragile nature of plastic.(which i dont know how it passed safety regulations, as plastic breaking is a sign of heat degradation...
i do disagree with this i think it's the opposite i would think 70% convection and 30 Conduction.
much inline with the overall experience of needing two or three tokes to get it really vapeing.
i do apologise for my bad spelling but I'm dislectic,and so bad that even with spelling check I'm unsure if what i type makes any sense. sorry sorry:ugh:.:ugh:

Teedub

Loving the mighty, Might just get me into sipping. It rocked up on a Sunday which was dope.
There was a dosing capsule sitting inside the filling tool, which was great to play with so I didn't need to buy a heap to try them out.

Feels a looks better in quality than I thought. The quality of the effects is impressive. Hard to type, Mighty good.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
23 Mighty fuelled months in, and I finally got around to raising an RMA with S&B - subsequently sending my device (with a s/n in the early 1000's) back to it's birthplace in Germany due to a non-functioning pass-through feature.

And I just have to say what an AWESOME service S&B provided - such a fast turnaround - a BNIB updated Mighty, back in hand within 2 weeks! Plus it included a new cooling unit & all accessories. Even a dosing capsule to try out.

Sweeet! :)

Thank you Storz & Bickel! Your warranty service is top-notch, customer focused and pretty much legendary in my book! :tup:
mighty-vaporizer-life.jpeg

c248f5bcf67e717f2adfa3373068cb6e06d21059f2967761b9dc8bb745af4f83.jpg

Mod note: post edited to remove portion that perpetuates discussion regarding happiness of customers.
HappyVaporTrailz!
:peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

i do disagree with this i think it's the opposite i would think 70% convection and 30 Conduction.
much inline with the overall experience of needing two or three tokes to get it really vapeing.
i do apologise for my bad spelling but I'm dislectic,and so bad that even with spelling check I'm unsure if what i type makes any sense. sorry sorry:ugh:.:ugh:

No need to apologize for anything, your point is clearly communicated and I am in complete agreement with you. The Mighty is mainly convection with some added conduction from the metal ring. It definitely doesn't milk up like the conduction Solo after heatup that's forsure.

23 Mighty fuelled months in, and I finally got around to raising an RMA with S&B - subsequently sending my device (with a s/n in the early 1000's) back to it's birthplace in Germany due to a non-functioning pass-through feature.

Non-functioning pass-through feature? What does this mean? The Mighty doesn't have true pass-through. Was your Mighty not working while plugged in? I'm guessing that's what you meant?

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Non-functioning pass-through feature? What does this mean? The Mighty doesn't have true pass-through. Was your Mighty not working while plugged in? I'm guessing that's what you meant?
Hey man, it actually does have pass-through, because according to S&B the device SHOULD be fully functional when connected to the mains charger even when the charge in the batteries has been totally depleted.

However, many of the Mighty's that were released into the wild at the launch of the product just over 2 years ago, for some reason did not have this feature enabled, and therefore they did not perform 100% as advertised. Hence, S&B have now warrantied my device for this exact reason.

For clarification, this is taken from page 16 in my Mighty user manual . . .

Does your Mighty not work in this way?

:peace:

biohacker

I was told by S&B that there is a pass-through IF the batteries are FULLY charged up. If they are low and spent, they will charge as you use the Mighty. And that is hard on the batteries.

I had no idea there was any sort of "design change" for this....my OG 12XXX serial Mighty worked the same as my 30XXX one with respect to pass-through. Obviously the shutoff timer and temp stability were changed.

TboneToker

From last night Tangerine in the mighty , broke in this 14 mm glass rig from New-Vape. So far I am loving the Mighty should have pulled the trigger on it a lot sooner.
ftynmwA.jpg

4Blktcp.jpg
You seem to enjoy music, might I recommend the HRT Microstreamer, it connects into your computer or phone its a Digital to Analog Converter and I swear it'll add a whole new essence and push boundaries in your music

TboneToker,

V-apE

☮☮☮
Hi Guys&Girls,

I have been reading through all of the 360 pages(took me more than 2 months)
with a lot of fun,some of you guys are real funny;-))
But for the most part it was/is very informative.

I'm pretty new to vaping(herb) i started one year ago because i use a lot of
painkillers and i was looking for a way to reduce that.

I was able to reduce the meds to half with the help from the Mighty and you guys;-))
The herbs seems to boost the meds in my case so i'm very happy with that.

I have been vaping E-liquid since 2011 and i had a very very expensive learning curve.

So without spending a fortune on all kind of vaping equipment i went right to the Mighty
and a D020 bubbler with EQ whip and now some very beloved dosing capsules.
Sure its a lot of money but very well spend,ireally love that thing!:rockon:

The only problem that i had with the Mighty was the whisteling noise which was discussed
in this thread some pages back.
I sended it back to S&B and they replaced the unit without question asked:D

I just want to say thank you for a very informative thread for(furture) Mighty owners and specialy
newcomers like me;-))

Carry on Lady's and Gents!!:tup:

p/s sorry for the messy English:\

TboneToker

Hi Guys&Girls,

I have been reading through all of the 360 pages(took me more than 2 months)
with a lot of fun,some of you guys are real funny;-))
But for the most part it was/is very informative.

I'm pretty new to vaping(herb) i started one year ago because i use a lot of
painkillers and i was looking for a way to reduce that.

I was able to reduce the meds to half with the help from the Mighty and you guys;-))
The herbs seems to boost the meds in my case so i'm very happy with that.

I have been vaping E-liquid since 2011 and i had a very very expensive learning curve.

So without spending a fortune on all kind of vaping equipment i went right to the Mighty
and a D020 bubbler with EQ whip and now some very beloved dosing capsules.
Sure its a lot of money but very well spend,ireally love that thing!:rockon:

The only problem that i had with the Mighty was the whisteling noise which was discussed
in this thread some pages back.
I sended it back to S&B and they replaced the unit without question asked:D

I just want to say thank you for a very informative thread for(furture) Mighty owners and specialy
newcomers like me;-))

Carry on Lady's and Gents!!:tup:

p/s sorry for the messy English:\

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR FAVORITE TIPS AND TRICKS THAT YOU TOOK FROM THE 360 PREVIOUS PAGES

And add anything you discover etc :D Thanks for joining and saying hi!

It's great to see this news..

I wish my mother would try it but she has a heart murmur and shes afraid that it might make it worse..

Teedub

What an awesome day it was yesterday, spent the whole day and night getting to know miss mighty. Played with a plethora of screen's and pads in the oven. Tried it through a eq whip, made a screen protector and whipped up a muzzmod (will be trying that today, I was being patient for it to cure). Im going to sand the epoxy putty smooth and paint it black.

http://imgur.com/QN2eVuZ

I really enjoyed playing with all the accessories that came with the mighty, that filling tool haha so german. I'd really like a simple funnel to aid clean filling with my hands as I was getting crumbs stuck around the oven and in the fins if not using the load tool. I like it simple.
Some where to store that awesome brush inside the vape would be killer as well. But wot evs def gonna sort out a case for on the go any way.

I'm really diggin this vape on the couch or bed. I also love that you can set a temp to start at say 190c and then work your way it up to 210c really easily. I miss dig displays haven' had one since the ol EQ.

Def gonna stock up on a heap of capsules for pre loading.

From what I understand li ion never wants to be left over charged for periods of time and also doesn't like being overly discharged. I was however confused about the first charge. I charged it before use which in my case only took about 10mins - which I thought was short but I was happy to get started.

I was going to fully discharge the unit before the second charge but I decided to recharge before it was fully discharged and did it when it reached 2 bars. The internet was contradictory on the first charge cylce procedure so I stuck with the anti stress route. Hope it was the right way to go.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

I charged it before use which in my case only took about 10mins - which I thought was short

they usually come already charged, if not 100%.

I was going to fully discharge the unit before the second charge but I decided to recharge before it was fully discharged and did it when it reached 2 bars. The internet was contradictory on the first charge cycle procedure

from what I've heard, the bad old days of batteries needing to be fully discharged before recharging (I think it was called 'memory effect'?) are history. I think most people just recharge when it gets low, and aren't seeing any downside to that. S & B seem to have made an excellent effort to cover all the bases in their manual - if there were some necessary protocol to ensure good battery life, it would've been in there.

Teedub

@darbarikanada
Oh yep, my unit came with 5 out of 6 bars showing, so pretty much charged. I did the usual first charge till full but like you said Li ion don't have the memory effect and don't really need a full first charge. Just an old force of habit for me.

This site ( https://au.norton.com/yoursecurityresource/detail.jsp?aid=batteries ) however claims it is good to do a full charge and full discharge for the first 3 charge cycles, I've also read that it is claimed if you do that you will get marginally longer run time but a shorter life span whilst on the other hand avoiding full charging/discharging will give you longer life span but shorter run time.

So it's all over the place. I'm gonna stick to avoiding full charging/discharging because it seems agreed that doing the opposite will stress the battery. Also not everyone agrees with everything on batteryuniversity.com so who Knows really. I don't haha, So I'll shutup about batteries - who really cares, go hit your mighty everyone. :peace:

Giving my muzzmod a good workout today, works great. Thanks and cheers to @elmomuzz .

Cannot believe how hard you can honk it, just keeps pumping out vapor. Very impressive. Portable cloud for sure, it is underrated just how nice it is to have no chord! Mighty will be frequently visiting the desktop. I think this one will convert some friends.

Vaporcussion

I've even hit empty chambers and spent capsules, lol.

LMAO Been there:lol:

this is exactly how I feel about the reducer chamber and dosing caps for the Volcano

I go back and forth on that with the Mighty, but totally agree on the volcano easy valve. It's just too much metal overall. Last night I went back to the solid valve and what a difference! I'm going to change the easy valve back to the way it was. You can always use the big liquid pad on top

So, this doesn't have true pass through?

imo, yes it does. The fact that I can use the MIGHTY until it dies, go right to a wall outlet (or car charger) and IMMEDIATELY get back up to temp and continue vaping is incredible.

A tiny detail is that while it's climbing up to temp the battery doesn't charge. Once you reach your temp, it starts charging. If you then raise the temp another 10 degrees, it will stop charging for a few seconds as it reaches your desired temp- then- back to charging. Some people claim because of this it's not a true pass through. Maybe so, but compare this to Crafty and IQ, where you can not vape at all until the battery is at least 20% charged, and even then it drains faster than it charges.

I once started a marathon night with a dead Mighty, and vaped 4 bowls as it charged up from nothing. It didn't affect performance one bit. I see this as a desk top vape as well...

Lastly, thank you to @vapviking for the brilliant suggestion of blue painters tape :clap:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
A tiny detail is that while it's climbing up to temp the battery doesn't charge. Once you reach your temp, it starts charging. If you then raise the temp another 10 degrees, it will stop charging for a few seconds as it reaches your desired temp- then- back to charging. Some people claim because of this it's not a true pass through. Maybe so, but compare this to Crafty and IQ, where you can not vape at all until the battery is at least 20% charged, and even then it drains faster than it charges.

Thanks for the response, what about the temp lowering just via usage? Does that reclimb back to temp stop the charge? I often drop at least 8-10 degrees when drawing, and when passing in a circle it definitely drops at least that amount.

I have used mine on the charger before and while I don't make a practice of it, seemed fine for the times I used it. Actually was similar scenarios when I had people over, forgot to charge prior, and then charged as we used it. Seemed truer pass through than most things that you can't even use while charging/until it has some juice, but unfamiliar with what really constituted pass through (was under impression that if I disassembled Mighty, took out batteries, and than reassembled, it would still work plugged in if truly pass through correct?)

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Teedub

Vaporcussion

Does that reclimb back to temp stop the charge?
No, I never noticed that happening. Will check later to see if there are any "micro" stops on the charge, but it definitely charges up faster than what we drain while using it.

was under impression that if I disassembled Mighty, took out batteries, and than reassembled, it would still work plugged in if truly pass through correct?)
I'll leave it to others to answer than; but yes, you would think TRUE pass through would mean no batteries needed. That's 3 different interpretations of pass through

herbivore21

Thanks for the response, what about the temp lowering just via usage? Does that reclimb back to temp stop the charge? I often drop at least 8-10 degrees when drawing, and when passing in a circle it definitely drops at least that amount.

I have used mine on the charger before and while I don't make a practice of it, seemed fine for the times I used it. Actually was similar scenarios when I had people over, forgot to charge prior, and then charged as we used it. Seemed truer pass through than most things that you can't even use while charging/until it has some juice, but unfamiliar with what really constituted pass through (was under impression that if I disassembled Mighty, took out batteries, and than reassembled, it would still work plugged in if truly pass through correct?)
I think people broadly misunderstand pass-through. Pass through charging means that your device will accept the charging input while the device is operating. It does not imply that this input voltage from the charger is adequate to both power the device in use and meaningfully charge the battery at the same time. Additionally, anything that charges via a USB cable cannot be reasonably expected to achieve this. Chargers like the Mighty's deliver more juice than most vape chargers, but even this is only enough to power the unit when the battery is flat, not charge it as well!

The Crafty and other vapes mentioned cannot draw enough energy from the wall plug (USB is only delivering 5v at low amperage) to function off the wall is the battery is empty, that is why it will slowly charge during use but only with a good amount of residual battery charge. This is still 100% pass-through charging of course, it is just that pass-through is not necessarily that useful! ;)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
"Pass Through Charging" gets the top recurring theme award on this thread, imo.
I pointed out a month or so ago that with revamp of S&B website we can now, for the first time, see the words 'pass through' in Mighty's product description.

"Once discharged, the MIGHTY performs plugged in just as well with pass through power: Via power adapter, the MIGHTY can be used even with completely drained batteries."

We don't know if this indicates some design change or not; it may be some attempt to clarify, uh, something.

My 15 month old Mighty (SN 23xxx) has been plugged in for about 70% of it's lifetime use and when I go mobile I think the batts still kick butt, like all 8 capsule and still two bars left, with <90 sec heatup. So I'm not very concerned about hurting my batteries with plugged in use.
My Mighty, when used plugged in, alternates between blinking and steady charge lights, so I am not so willing to declare that my, "device will accept the charging input while the device is operating." (to quote @herbivore21). I think it is alternating between operating and charging, while yes, the charge is strong enough to outweigh the drain of use so the net effect will be perceived continual use and increase of bars over time.
Seriously, I don't know if there is a single definition of the term "pass through charging" and it does seem to be used differently in differing contexts.
There is certainly a chance that newer Mighty's have different internal makeup and function in this area. Are they alternating blinking/steady bars when used 'plugged in"?
All this said, I feel it is a dis-service to the term to say it applies to a device that, when plugged, can eventually run down to unusable.

Top Bottom