The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have found that ones the herb has been heated and then cooled, the "later session" is "lighter" and shorter than usual.
....or is it my imagination?
I agree that Mighty is not the best vape to use in this way. My opinion is that some of the pure convection vapes do better. Grasshopper, for one in my experience.
This is not to say I don't still love the Mighty!

GT63TT

I wonder if insurance companies will cover the cost of a S&B vape sometime in the near future #whoknows

How much are you loading up? i suffered from over packing my material, thus cutting down airflow and vapor production. The mighty does get very hot imo, but is superior as far as the solo/air goes, especially with the dosing capules, convienient for on the go.

As for the 'hot' vapor, have a drink nearby, your herb may have too much moisture? There are many factors to get optimum vaporization. I like to add a whip to my cooling unit, and it makes a big difference in cooling down the vapor.
Would you mind uploading an image of the whip you've referred to. Kindly, S.

This one has been dropped a million times! No real evident damage other than the very top ribs have broken off (this is the OG model casing). Everything works, it just seems like it's not what it should be. I think the 2 year anniversary is up, but i'll send it in anyway...hoping to get a brand new one for a small fee. Then I can jump on the capsule bandwagon!

I have replaced my Mighty once after almost two years of use. I got a replacement at no additional cost w the new casing and darker O ring. I believe this to be the most up to date version and I am once again; a very happy camper. I had no battery issues however did observe a hairline crack on the top of the unit where the cooling unit locks in-place. I also documented a display glitch; the rectangular boarder that surrounds the lines indicating battery life had disappeared after my first week of usage. Weird, I know. My crafty on the other hand suffered a case failure and broke, the cooling unit was unable to securely fasten.. after 1.5 year in my second crafty the battery began to suffer about. I prematurely sent it in for "pairing issues" & was send a replacement one day prior to package delivery to S&Bs US location in Oakland.

Of course it's never nice having something break, however, I would rate it more robust than my second favorite consumer electronic product; my iPhone. Happy to have my replacements sent out for free. Can't wait for new S&B products to come soon! Anyone else hear about a new product in the pipelines??

Cheers &a best, S

Hey everyone! Was wondering if anyone could help me? Trying to send my Mighty in for a SECOND time this year.. another plastic piece around the heater melted off.. I guess? Anyways they re did their website and I couldn't find out where to log in or create a Repair, I also emailed america@storz-bickel.com for the last three weeks asking how I can inquire about a Repair. My question is do you guys know something I don't know about a easier way to get in touch with this company? I'm thinking of just buying a airizer air and being DONE with this vape and company. I'm tired of sending my Mighty in and contacting this company.

Thanks
Open an RMA you can find the link here; https://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en

Last edited by a moderator:

biohacker

Anyone else hear about a new product in the pipelines??

It's not a rumour if you believe it's true :whoa:

If I were having to use the Mighty on battery charge alone, the batteries would need replacing, every 4 or 5 months

Highly doubtful. How many forum members here have even had batteries crap out and get replaced? Has to be under a dozen..

Since mine is at home, I can use on battery until I have about 2 bars left and than plug in the charger.

That could be your potential problem. The heat of using and it charging could be negatively affecting the battery longevity.

If portability is not a priority, Mighty is the best vapor producing portable on the market.

Really? What about the MiniVAP? Have you tried that one? What do you mean by best vapour producing? I know you're new here, but statements like that are generally frowned upon on FC.

Expensive but nothing can do what it does better.

Nothing? :doh:

biohacker,

tdriver

just a thought......

has anyone replaced the batteries yet?
I'm asking because I wanted to change some batteries in another unrelated device,
BUT if the batteries were completely removed it would loose it's calibration.

so a second battery/power supply needs to be connected ,to change the original batteries and not loose the calibration.

does the mighty has something similar ??

tdriver,

GT63TT

just a thought......

has anyone replaced the batteries yet?
I'm asking because I wanted to change some batteries in another unrelated device,
BUT if the batteries were completely removed it would loose it's calibration.

so a second battery/power supply needs to be connected ,to change the original batteries and not loose the calibration.

does the mighty has something similar ??
I believe this to be an intelligent question. Perhaps replace one battery at a time. Most consumer electronic devices including calculators have a small backup battery, I doubt the Mighty has one though. If a battery repair is $75 from S&B I personally wouldn't mind sending it in for peace of mind. Unless of course my warranty was up, and I was sure of it.

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
XJdoXxJ.jpg

Bomb33

I'd like to know as well. I read on here that it comes with the capsules ( the medic) and that was it. Wondering if it has the boost option? Going to get another one lol. These things are great for every occasion. And I'm just getting started. Don't think the " honeymoon" ends with this mighty goodness of good old German engineering. I'll keep u posted as I use mine maybe 15 bowls a day and still going strong. And that's all battery.

biohacker

It was already discussed but there aren't any differences other than "certification" that it is an approved medical device. Yes, it comes with a capsule.... there are no temperature differences unlike the Volcano Medic (temp governed). I got mine for a steal from a licensed producer here in canada for 275usd!

CL52613

It's not a rumour if you believe it's true :whoa:

Highly doubtful. How many forum members here have even had batteries crap out and get replaced? Has to be under a dozen..

That could be your potential problem. The heat of using and it charging could be negatively affecting the battery longevity.

Really? What about the MiniVAP? Have you tried that one? What do you mean by best vapour producing? I know you're new here, but statements like that are generally frowned upon on FC.

Nothing? :doh:
Doubt if you like, but the battery issue is a major complaint. I did not say the batteries were dead, but they would need recharging more often since they would not last as long. Also not running the vaporizer while charging, simply charging them when I have 2 batteries left on battery indicator. The MiniVAP and the Mighty are considered portable but definitely not stealthy. Plus the MiniVap is even more expensive than a Mighty and even less portable. As for the vapor production of the Mighty, if you know of a portable that can deliver precise temperature control, flavor, coolness, and quantity of vapor equal to or better than the Mighty, please let me know. Have heard good thing about the Boundless CFV, but the need to stir the bowl is an inconvenience when having limited hand dexterity. As for S&B updating the Crafty or Mighty significantly, I would not be holding my breath. When is the last time S&B updated one of their products? Volcano and Plenty remain unchanged, and the Crafty and Mighty battery replacement is a revenue generator so why would they make them user replaceable?

Last edited:

darbarikanada

the Crafty and Mighty battery replacement is a revenue generator so why would they make them user replaceable?

it's not hard to imagine that market pressure will make them do it. if some other vape comes along that truly equals the mighty/crafty performance but has user-replaceable batteries, S&B won't really have much choice - or they'll lose market share in a big way. I'd bet they're already working on it.

Last edited:

mikek9

Vapor Enthusiast
It was already discussed but there aren't any differences other than "certification" that it is an approved medical device. Yes, it comes with a capsule.... there are no temperature differences unlike the Volcano Medic (temp governed). I got mine for a steal from a licensed producer here in canada for 275usd!

Here's to hoping it isn't limited in its temp abilities as the volcano Medic was.

Do you know someone who has one or just something you read

biohacker

It's in this thread somewhere.

Doubt if you like, but the battery issue is a major complaint.

WHAT battery issue? The Mighty has an amazing battery life. I think you might be confusing with the Crafty? Which has 1/2 the battery life since it only has a single cell. I still don't understand your major complaint?

As for the vapor production of the Mighty, if you know of a portable that can deliver precise temperature control, flavor, coolness, and quantity of vapor equal to or better than the Mighty, please let me know.

What's important to you may not be important to me? I would choose the grasshopper. You may say it's not "precise"? Well, to me it very much is.... and I don't have to taste any "conduction" like the Mighty either. I still love the Mighty, it has it's place, but everyone is different and there is no "best vaporizer".

As for S&B updating the Crafty or Mighty significantly, I would not be holding my breath.

Completely agree, which is why I said it's not a rumour if you believe it's true. Sorry, maybe you misunderstood the joke. This question/comment comes up alot in this thread, because someone knows someone or whatever.... all rumours IMO.

But I do like the small incremental improvements S&B seem to keep making.

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
it's not hard to imagine that market pressure will make them do it. if some other vape comes along that truly equals the mighty/crafty performance but has user-replaceable batteries, S&B won't really have much choice - or they'll lose market share in a big way. I'd bet they're already working on it.
Here's to hoping that they make the Mighty stronger and more durable over all if they release an updated unit with replaceable batteries. I love the experience the current Mighty offers but it could use a few tweaks to make it even better. A few things I can think of are standing upright, a more durable power button, an OEM water piece adapter, and a glass fibre reinforced plastic construction.

Top Bottom