The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
finer screen would be a good idea.

I took the screen out of the cooling chamber chamber, and I just place a fine screen on top of load. Works great! Now no need at all for screen if you use the capsules. In fact, in my somewhat dirty unit, the dosing capsule sticks to cooling chamber, which allows for easy removal.
2014-11-23123139.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Last edited:

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
For those that have used the dosing capsules. Am I able to fill the dosing capsule halfway and still be able to get efficient extraction?

mixchu69

I took the screen out of the cooling chamber chamber, and I just place a fine screen on top of load. Works great! Now no need at all for screen if you use the capsules.
2014-11-23123139.jpg
I have been doing the same thing recently and makes cleaning CU much easier (no fiddling or popping off/on screens)

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
For those that have used the dosing capsules. Am I able to fill the dosing capsule halfway and still be able to get efficient extraction?

I can't see why not, but at worst, you could take a few hits out of a full capsule, then remove it to stop extraction. Put capsule back in when you want to continue session. Flavor is the first to go.
=======================================

I don't think there is any room left in the base to use the cap as load-reducer: the cap fits snugly against the cooling chamber while seated in the empty base.
I really hate using the liquid pad
Perhaps place a simple screen between pad and your load will make it easier to use. Or if the pad is hard to install over time, use a screen on the load and hold it down with something inert like a glass bead or a stainless steel nut that fits. As a former Catholic, rosary beads has a nice ring.

Last edited:

Eatrocks

@macbill can one use that dosing capsule as a spacer? I really hate using the liquid pad

That's why I bought em, but it didn't work like the pad(which sucks to take out). Draw wasn't as good....u can use it in place of the pad but u have to pack again least halfway up the chamber wall.
So I went back to the pad

Eatrocks,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I get big hits stock (fine screen in CU though), I use the filling tool and shovel it in, use the middle to tamp it down. Find it works best tight but not too tight don't force a huge load down in there basically.

HellsWindStaff,

Eatrocks

I get big hits stock (fine screen in CU though), I use the filling tool and shovel it in, use the middle to tamp it down. Find it works best tight but not too tight don't force a huge load down in there basically.

Yea if u fully load every time...also a lot of herb gets stuck good to the bottom if using the capsules as the liquid pad.

I pack .005 ish bowls so I have to use the liquid pad...which I'll be soaking in iso soon.:leaf:

Eatrocks,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

When I bought my long-gone SSV, way back in the dawn of time, it came with this very handy metal pick very much like a dental tool. That thing's been sitting on my tray for nearly a decade. The Surfer I gave away long ago, but that freaking pick lives on...these days exclusively to pry the pad out of my Mighty. :lol:

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
What is the smallest bubbler that someone can hook their mighty to? I have a hydratube similar to this one, I was wondering if there was a smaller bubbler than this, that efficiently moisturizes and cools down the vapor.

By the way, thanks everyone. I just ordered some dosing capsules.

Last edited:

Eatrocks

i dont own a scale but
could you please show us .005 bowls.
i think there is a 0 too much.

thats 200 bowls from one gram .
even 20 bowls from 1 gram is really much

Yea im just eyeballing it...BUT I loosely packed the capsule not even all the way and got 2 bigger than I usually pack bowls out of it. I didnt vape the cap, i was out of the house and just dipped in.

This way I get 3 big draws to get me where I wanna be. It sounds like too little and it aint worth it to get a scale to check.

Eatrocks,

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
If you wanted to decrease the size of a capsule, S&B has pads for the dosing capsule, that you (maybe) separate into 2 layers to use as a spacer.

Thank you. I have an issue with the steel pad, for some reason it gives my vapor a metallic taste and dries my throat out more than usual. Thats why I steer clear of them. It would be awesome if someone made a glass or ceramic spacer. I have looked high and low but still have not been able to find it. I would get one custom made If I knew the right measurements for it to fit comfortably in the mighty chamber and if I knew who would make it.

TheMadDabber,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Consider a glass bead. It's made of glass: an inert material. I've seen stores that sell all sorts of glass beads for hobbyists. Maybe you can find one the just takes up just enough space to suit your needs. Or glass pipe screen.

Last edited:

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Consider a glass bead. It's made of glass: an inert material. I've seen stores that sell all sorts of glass beads for hobbyists. Maybe you can find one the just takes up just enough space to suit your needs. Or glass pipe screen.

That glass pipe screen sounds like a great idea! Im looking at some honeycomb glass pipe screen. This is exactly what I need. Though by anychance would you know the measurements that one woulf have to be in order for it to fit without any issues. If anyone else knows feel free to chime in. If not the glass bead would be my second option.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I've always found using the liquid pad imparts a weird taste, but I wouldn't really recommend the Mighty/Crafty for micro dosing, though plenty of people apparently do it well enough. I tend to fill most my vapes :)

Top Bottom