The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Dosing Caps (barrels!) arrived yesterday and went into testing
They are very cute and so clean and shiny!

First take: Big fingers, small capsules.

Tried the installation disk (container's top) and got the usual rush, like, these guys are sooo smart, etc., then tried filling straight out of the grinder with a small spoon and that was much quicker/easier.

Closing the caps seemed to require pressure, pushing pretty hard to get lid to seat down on cap all the way. First one I put in Mighty, the lid was just slightly askance and caused pressure on the c/u as it screwed down. (the cap had become too tall for the chamber). So, sliding lid on squarely is critical, so it then fits properly in chamber and so it (the lid) removes more easily. I wish they'd have allowed slight tolerance for this height factor.

Tried one capsule upside down since they are smaller diameter at bottom than top (whole cap is slightly conical). My hope was that the smaller bottom could fit up into the screen recess of the c/u easily (and not cause the pressure, and it does) but the cap's lid got a little bit stuck down low in there, so I had to gently pry the whole thing out.
DON'T put them in upside down! And be sure the cap's lid goes on squarely.

First reactions were that these may be more trouble than they are a help. Any frustration can easily escalate! They will bend pretty easily. I was having trouble getting lids on and off smoothly. BUT after a couple of uses, that started to get a lot EASIER. For science, I plowed on.

I did 5 caps' worth in a row (cherry bomb), through water at 205C. Consistently (more consistent count than my usual 'full' pack) 5 strong hits from each cap, with a definite end to the ride after five. ymmv. Everybody's hit-size is different!
ABV was very consistent and slightly darker than usual, so I perceive that slightly more thorough extraction is happening. And I like the 'more definite' end to the bowl. Lids came off more easily after use.

I think this extra wrap of heat around the fill is improving the output somewhat. My bowls usually taper off, these just end. :nod:

These little buggers get very hot very fast, and stay hot in Mighty for a while after done. Burned fingers several times, but just dumping it out without touching, it cools very quickly.
Side note, in later sess. with wife, I absentmindedly did a hot swap of capsules, at 205C I had forgotten to turn Mighty off. No problem! The hot one that came out and burned me was the signal of my error. On we went.

Yes, clean bowl! Maybe even a little cleaner after 5 high-temp caps than before...

This is only my limited experience. I do look forward to a couple hours' road trip and the ease of use of the caps; I will adapt and get better at the fill/refill thing and they seem to be 'working in' with a couple of uses. Not gonna single-use them, I'd stop their use if that was necessary. And full time use would be a hassle; I'd be tinkering with these things all day long! But for out and about , I see some great prospects.

One analogy would Mr. Coffee vs. Kuerig, if you had to fill your own Kuerig caps and drank about 15 cups of coffee a day....:lol:

Taste, btw was very clean. End of each dose was a clean/almost-but-not-metallic taste. Nice.

My next tests will be lower temp excursions in first half of day...which is any time now...

Eatrocks

Wow gg#4...the destruction continues..off less than a pinch....

Been noticing this on my mighty...i can make a clicking noise when I push lightly on the body, towards the bottom right if ur looking at the front with the temp readout.
I don't see the molding move, it's right at the seam on the edge...anyone else?

jdent3

Weird question. Yesterday for some reason I put my ear to my Mighty and it makes a slight noise that I can only hear when my ear is close to it. Does anyone else's Mighty make a slight noise? I'm probably just paranoid because I noticed it after a heavy duty cleaning of the Mighty last night.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
So is it safe to say that if one uses a fast draw speed that it increases the chances of irritation in throat and lungs, due to the particles(possibly hot) entering the throat and through the lungs?

Mr.Sifter

interesting.
i have lots of plant material in the CU.
Hopefully it gets better with the capsules.
nevertheless, i think there is not one portable unit that does not profit from water filtration

Reggie Watts

So is it safe to say that if one uses a fast draw speed that it increases the chances of irritation in throat and lungs, due to the particles(possibly hot) entering the throat and through the lungs?
I've never had a sore throat or chest from the Mighty in 4 months of daily use. The Pax gives me a sore throat, though.

Reggie Watts,

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Yes I just ordered a watertool adapter from @Ratchett s delta3dstudios.

@Reggie Watts, what temp do you vape at or temp ranges?

I think Im just overly sensitive, even though the Mighty has been the smoothest vaporizer ai have hit until date.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
You guys might try using a fine screen (like in heat chamber) in the c/u for less particles.

And @TheMadDabber I believe you are on the right track adding water to the equation, and that it's the moisture the water brings that's maybe more important (for Vaporists) than the heat reduction.
Crafty/mighty do a great job with cooling, evidenced by the condensate left in there (reclaim). They are both improved by some moisture.

Mr.Sifter

its intact.
and the unit is just one week old.

a finer screen would be a good idea.
maybe i grind to fine.
i use the S&B grinder

Mr.Sifter,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
its intact.
and the unit is just one week old.

a finer screen would be a good idea.
maybe i grind to fine.
i use the S&B grinder

You can use the extra bottom screen in the CU, as vapviking suggests (it's a finer mesh). Or, you can use the pads. I exclusively use the Mighty this way.....I use about .10ish gs in the bowl, pad on top to take up the space. It uses less weed overall and keeps the CU free of all particles. And if you're vaping by yourself, given how session-y the Mighty is with regard to consumption of product, it's a great way to turn the Mighty into a more personal, smaller-load, more conservative vape.

Mr.Sifter

just got the capsules today and like te be able to start vaping within a good minute.
my loads inside the "patronen" is about .1ish as well.
am i supposed to fill them to the top ?

Mr.Sifter,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Hey all, I'm officially +1 Mighty year! Think it was 5/24 :)

Tried something the other day, worked relatively well. Underdog NonGs or the SS tip, fit 95% perfect in the Mighty mouthpiece. I say 95 because with it in, and unattached, I plugged the bottom screen with finger and it wasn't airtight...pretty damn close though. Used it through water with a NonG and seemed to work fine :shrug:

Give it a shot :) I like using it dry more I think but good for a lazy afternoon.'

Edit: @Eatrocks nope mine doesnt

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Mighty arrived...a bit disappointed on hits. Been solely AA and now Milaana, and both hit harder (Mi way harder).

Got some shit to figure out....

Gonna try a liquid pad right now

Bravesst,

Mr.Sifter

disappointed because of effect?
with a mighty?
this thing extracts.
it smooth and there is no harsh throat burning under 200°C.
with the AA i vape dry on white setting. and green orange through water.
mighty i use 170°C, 180°C, 190°C max.

Mr.Sifter,

jdent3

Mighty arrived...a bit disappointed on hits. Been solely AA and now Milaana, and both hit harder (Mi way harder).

Got some shit to figure out....

Gonna try a liquid pad right now

Definitely work on your technique. I have an Air and I've used it about 5 times since I've got my Mighty. It doesn't even compare. The Air is now my vape I use if I need extra portability.

jdent3,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I love the Mighty. I've been getting some really smooth clouds. It does use a lot for me as compared to the Cloud Evo but my Cloud is still top dog.

But in terms of portability, the Mighty can't be beat.

newVaper420,
Reactions: Mr. Me2
Top Bottom