The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

biohacker

I never noticed a difference in performance between scratched and not scratched, heck I don't even notice a difference between the older firmware and newer with respect to performance. How can just cleaning get rid of the scratches? Or do you mean the visible stains within the scratches? The scratches can't just magically disappear, they are just not as visible.

I didn't know the chamber was aluminum? How do you know this??

biohacker,

Green Kiwi

@biohacker ,to be honest i'am not 100%sure its aluminium, BUT i do assume it, is given
how easy it scratches, which is i my opinion not the case with stainless steel.
I'm thinking off the arizer air as example,(and from witch we do know it has a stainless steel oven) which doesn't scratch as easy and takes a lot more scrubbing to clean with the same scorching pad.
I have scratched stainless steel before,and it took my ages to get those scratches away.
I have polished both stainless and aluminium and the later takes a lot less effort.
now this endless cleaning of the oven (after 15 loads i clean, so at least once a day:freak:)has gotten
it very shinny like new again, and i can't see any scratches anymore:tup:
But i am sure with a bit of digging trough S&B manuals we can find the 100% sure answer on this.
Because we do like:sherlock:,
At the moment i don't have time to dig myself but after the weekend i will, unless somebody beat me to it.lol.
I find your possible purchase of a third Mighty supercool:clap::rockon:.
I hope you can vape soon again.

verdampersweats

It is Aluminium just google this (Storz Bickel Mighty Aluminium) and you will get all the links to the F.A.Q where it was tested for offgassing and i honestly thought it looked a bit tin like when i saw it. The same goes for my Cvault something is off with the metals.

It aint SS, But for sure the element in the Mighty is Alu which is a downright shame plastic and alu from Germans no no no stainless steel all the way. I am thinking now the capsules will be the same damm material. Will update once Germany clarify.

strictly vapor

So, have you gotten rid of all vapes because of the mighty? I have a volcano, aromed(high end whip vape) and a solo, would I only want a mighty?

You definitely want them all!! I have the same vapes as you and it is a pleasure to use each one when the mood strikes, all very different in terms of effect and vapor signiture. The mighty is a very heavy buzz for my friends and I (a definite strong point) but I found when using this vape exclusively, multiple times daily over a few months a tolerance quickly builds and i get used to the taste, where if I cycle it in with my other vapes it is an amazing treat to use the mighty, both in terms of flavor and effect.

Razshiro

It is Aluminium just google this (Storz Bickel Mighty Aluminium) and you will get all the links to the F.A.Q where it was tested for offgassing and i honestly thought it looked a bit tin like when i saw it. The same goes for my Cvault something is off with the metals.

It aint SS, But for sure the element in the Mighty is Alu which is a downright shame plastic and alu from Germans no no no stainless steel all the way. I am thinking now the capsules will be the same damm material. Will update once Germany clarify.

The "new" capsules are made of aluminum too.

Razshiro,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

It should be stainless given that this is S&B. I can't see them using Alu when stainless is available in sheet stock and it's used for food/hot applications around the world.

So much for should be stainless given that this is S&B. I didn't know the Mighty had so much of it, not that I really care, because I think it's safe.

We probably inhale alot more heavy metals in our buds. I know i've tested positive for a few, not saying it's 100% from vaping, but now being weed free for nearly two months, my night sweats have nearly vanished.

My first 4/20 in nearly a decade sober! :doh:

Can't wait until the smaller pads are released for the dosing capsules! :rockon:

I find your possible purchase of a third Mighty supercool:clap::rockon:.
I hope you can vape soon again.

Thanks bro! I'll be back soon! Until then, I have FC and this thread!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
So much for should be stainless given that this is S&B. I didn't know the Mighty had so much of it, not that I really care, because I think it's safe.

We probably inhale alot more heavy metals in our buds. I know i've tested positive for a few, not saying it's 100% from vaping, but now being weed free for nearly two months, my night sweats have nearly vanished.

My first 4/20 in nearly a decade sober! :doh:

Can't wait until the smaller pads are released for the dosing capsules! :rockon:
I think I'll just have to trust S&B on the alu not producing oxides in meaningful amounts to be harmful. If we aren't physically scratching or removing material we can't really inhale it in that case. The TUV has put their name on a cert for the mighty, and they don't fuck around with safety.

Heavy metals are more likely to come from eating fish and apex predators in the ocean like Tuna.

Edit: The Mighty is built to ISO medical safety standards, I have no worries. Though I still don't like the fact that it is alu. I'd rather have stainless, Ti or even plain steel.

Last edited:

adam_baumm

I will be ordering the capsules.
I have been gently ripping apart my oil pads so that one makes three.

This is the perfect top screen and no need for a screen in cooling unit.

I have been getting dense hits every day up to ten times a day for 1.5 years.

Need to send in soon as I have lost 3 posts on the top of my unit. Still works flawlessly.

flipjoe

My capsules arrived yesterday and tonight i could finally give them a test run.
I only used the bottom part without the lid and couldn't detect any loss of taste or more conduction. It seemed like the capsule took a little longer to heat up so the first 2 hits where lighter. Could be that the overall temperature inside the capsule was a bit lower during the session.
When my Crafty was still alive i used it with a basket and it had the same effect. Usually i bumped up the Crafty about 5°C when i used the basket. After a while i noticed that i could taste the material of the basket just a tiny bit. At least i thought i did and stopped using it. I couldn't taste any metal flavor from the capsule in the Mighty but since i only used it one time i can't really say too much about it.
What i can say is that it reduces the size of the load a little bit, tastes great, abv turns out very even and there's no need to clean the chamber after the session.
So far it's hard to say if i need the capsules. Imo the Mighty is just fine for smaller loads even without the liquid pad. Not having to clean the chamber after the session is definitely a plus but then you have to deal with the capsule falling out while dropping the load...

I'll report back when i did some more sessions with the capsule. Right now there's no need for that as i'm feeling pretty groovy already. :)

Vital

Looks like the Underdog and Mighty have the save plug size and voltage requirements. So my Portable Underdog power supply will do a fine job at charging the mighty off of 4x 18650 batteries for camping. Nice!!

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1457402

Plus the Haze charger cord works great as a car adapter for the mighty. glad it's a standard 2.1mm plug at 12v

Make sure that the polarity and the amperage are the same or you will fry your electronics. The only time I use cords for other devices is when they are identical in output not just volts, but amps, and polarity or you will fry your electronics. if you look on the adapter there will be a diagram of its polarity.

It looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polarity_symbols

What do you feel is the main benefit of the stand? I just sit it on its side between hits. I can see that loading would be easier with the stand. I hold the unit between my knees while loading.. Hmm.. I might have to order one of these.. Is it stable, or do you find it can get knocked over easily?

It's very stable, and works great. I don't really use it for filling; like you I hold it in my hand, or between my knees. I use it when I charge the Mighty. I set it in the stand while it's charging, and that way I don't forget to unplug it when its fully charged. In addition to that you can leave it sitting in the stand when its not in use...looks nice with a black stand. ;)

Last edited:
Vital,
Reactions: Maitri

flipjoe

Did another capsule testrun. I did 4 sessions back to back. To keep the experiment scientifical and gentle, i let the Mighty cool down between sessions.:science:

1st session: capsule without lid, 347°F / 175°C

2nd session: no capsule, 347°F / 175°C

3rd session: no capsule, 337°F / 169°C

4th session: capsule without lid, 357°F / 180°C up to 383°F / 195°C

I always used the same amount of spices which was a half filled capsule.

During the 2nd session i noticed that the taste was a little more intense without the capsule. And the clouds were a little bigger.
So i did a 3rd session on lower temp to see if the difference was only temperature related because maybe the capsule doesn't get as hot as the chamber.
Off course after 2 sessions it was hard to come to scientifical conclusions.:D Yes, i'm a lightweight.

But anyway, to me it seemed like the taste on the 3rd session also had this kind of more intense quality to it. So i had to try the capsule again but at a higher temperature to see if it could produce the same tasty vapor.

Conclusion:
Somehow the sessions without the capsule tasted a little better but were also a little harsher. It could be that some people might prefer the taste with the capsule as it's also very great.
I have to say the differences in taste are subtle and my impressions were biased because it wasn't a blind test.
So imo you shouldn't get too excited about the capsules because the Mighty is already damn good as it is. But the lid could be useful as a top screen. And there are definitely more ways of experimenting with the capsules but for tonight i've had enough.

Excuse my broken english. It's really hard for me to write this text right now.:ko:

biohacker

So imo you shouldn't get too excited about the capsules because the Mighty is already damn good as it is.

Not exactly certain what you were expecting out of them, but I think the major benefit of the capsules (and magazine) is for preload convenience. Also keeps everything nice and clean!

I'm not expecting any real performance differences at all, just the ability to be able to use the Mighty as a portable without fumbling with the loading tool or other means to load it instead of popping out a capsule and tossing another in, with a nice convenient magazine to hold them. Love S&B innovation - should have been released a long time ago!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Not exactly certain what you were expecting out of them, but I think the major benefit of the capsules (and magazine) is for preload convenience. Also keeps everything nice and clean!

I'm not expecting any real performance differences at all, just the ability to be able to use the Mighty as a portable without fumbling with the loading tool or other means to load it instead of popping out a capsule and tossing another in, with a nice convenient magazine to hold them. Love S&B innovation - should have been released a long time ago!
This is why I want to get them as well. When on the go I'd prefer to preload and avoid using the filling tool. Not that the filling tool is bad it just has some risk of tipping the whole load of weed you have in it.

Vital

This is why I want to get them as well. When on the go I'd prefer to preload and avoid using the filling tool. Not that the filling tool is bad it just has some risk of tipping the whole load of weed you have in it.

If you want to get into their webisite there is a free plug in for chrome. Installi it and set it for Germany. Here is the link:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/unlimited-free-vpn-hola/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio?hl=en

Open Chrome if you have it installed; if not install it, and past the above hyperlink into the address bar.

Once you have installed go to this link: www.vapormed.com.

These capsules come with a magazine and you can buy 8 with a magazine or 40 capsules to put in a magazine.

Edit: This sux...you can put them in your cart, and when you go to pay for them they will only ship them to Canada and Europe. Any Canadians in here that wouldn't mind forwarding them to me if I paid for them, and I sent them to your address? Of course I would pay whatever it cost you to mail them from Canada to me. If you are living in Canada, and you wouldn't mind shipping them to me, please P.M. me. Thank You!

I would also be willing to have them sent to Europe.

Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:
Vital,

MinnBobber

If you want to get into their webisite there is a free plug in for chrome. Installi it and set it for Germany. Here is the link:
@Vital ,
I went to chrome and was intending to install. The Hola agreement was :
"it can read and change all your data on the websites you visit".

Am I missing something as that sounds really bad to me ????
Thanks

MinnBobber,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
..... they will only ship them to Canada.

Enjoy! ;)

This is good news for me as I am in Beautiful BC. =) I'm done with vape purchases for a while so I might get the caps at a later time.

Winegums,

Vital

@MinnBobber @Vital
Definitely wouldn't use Hola if I were you. Basically turns you're machine into a botnet.
https://torrentfreak.com/hola-vpn-sells-users-bandwidth-150528/

Thanks for the heads up...I put it on an old box that I plan on reformatting. It's never connected to the internet unless I want to look something up. I feel bad I told others to put it on their machines not knowing it was malware. How did you find out that it will turn your puter into a bot?

Vital,

flipjoe

Yeah you're right. As i'm only using the Mighty at home i don't need the capsules for preloading. And for this purpose they're very useful indeed.
I was thinking they could also be used for smaller loads or as an alternative to keep the chamber clean. That's why i wanted to find out about the taste. Because for me the super tasty vapor is a big plus of the Mighty.
If i would use the Mighty outside i would definitely use the capsules as the vapor still tastes very good and you can load the Mighty in 2 seconds without spilling anything. And there's no need to empty the chamber right after the session because nothing is sticking on the walls or screen.
So maybe there is a reason to get excited. :) I was only concentrating on my situation at home where i want that 100% original Mighty flavor. I hope you have a chance to try the capsules soon. If postage wasn't so expensive i would send you guys some capsules.

milKmArsh

Hey all, regarding these caps, how are people finding emptying them after use. Seems like a fiddly thing to do.
To me the loading tool is pretty straightforward.
So, those that have been using them, do you see yourself continuing to use them?

milKmArsh,

verdampersweats

If they alter flavour i am not really going to use it then, But i can use the capsule lid over my bowl right? Basically then i need capsule lids to insert fine screens into, Maybe even enlarge the holes with a drill because i only really want the outer frame to hold the screen and not scratch the oven.

Not a fan of Aluminium plenty of things have had certiication and turned out wrong, and if you can taste it why and how go figure? Though from experience those tastes fade once multiple coatings of thc get on. But damm would still love to find someone who can press ultra thin SS and clone the caps. :)

verdampersweats,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

I hear ya, if it alters taste then i'll be out as well. You're also bang on about stuff that has been "tested" and turned out to be harmful.... we're all guinea pigs on this planet! Look at the Mighty/Crafty for example, serious plastic offgassing when brand new, and then "goes away", or like you said gets multiple coatings of resin that masks any off smell/taste.

On the other hand, my Supreme v.3 is made of aluminum....and I never taste anything but the amazing nuances of the herb, and it's the best tasting vape i've ever used. And that block gets torched, literally.

biohacker,
Top Bottom