The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

olysh pops

Hi :)

Mighty V1 met 3 times Err04 since december 2015; so it returned to S&B Germany for repairing - as faq recommend.

A Mighty V2 (MY0Y26**) came back at home after 10 days, new housing more robust, 2 mn auto switch off, added brush, Cooling Unit, Herb Mill, Orange Tool, Filling Aid, and new power adaptater.

So quick, so nice, so efficient, I am in love with Mighty, its warranty and S&B company.

Bye bye Mighty V1
SG1cSxH.jpg

olysh pops,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
F**K s&b oakland. They couldn't even get my return address right. Crazy part is the correct address was on the paper work I sent in with my unit (on a package I paid to have sent express after They denied my request for a shipping label with no explanation)...Dealing with them has by far been the worst customer service I have ever received for something so expensive.

The call center never answered the phone and is unresponsive.

I emailed multiple questions...they reply with stock emails not addressing the concerns i emailed them about in the first place.

They have lied in multiple occasions...if I didn't already own this vape, the fore knowledge of how they handle CS would have made me steer clear.

It would be different if this device lasted...but due to the fact the mighty is built so weak, means more likely than not, you'll have to deal with that shit show!

biohacker

Man, I do feel for you, but my experience has been anything BUT the mighty being built weak. Owned 4 of them so far, no once a warranty service, no snapping plastic or anything, and my requests (email) with Oaklandia was stellar....super quick responses and questions addressed, and two replacement CU's sent super promptly.

The common theme in the past here has been their inconsistency with CS....too bad. I will agree that the lack of answering phones is a bitch, however when I left a VM I received a call back the next day. I asked if I could upgrade my Crafty to the Mighty, and was told NOPE. :rofl:

Still think it's the best portable out there, and i'm picking up the Crafty soon for my stealthy summer vape! I actually don't mind if it breaks, since it usually means a brand new replacement.

cloudsosmoke

havent seen this mentioned re some ppl being able to taste more/less aluminium/plastic etc than others can taste

(..im dont think im a supertaster - but at least it explains why others might be)

from link

Scientists now know that not all people experience tastes in the same way. This is mainly down to the number of taste buds on your tongue.

The more taste buds you have, the more intensely you perceive tastes, especially bitter ones. People who are particularly sensitive are called supertasters. They can have up to twice as many taste buds as the rest of us.

Taste researchers divide people into three groups:

1. Non-tasters
  2. Medium tasters
  3. Supertasters
Studies have shown that around 25% of people are said to be non-tasters, 25% supertasters and 50% medium tasters. These numbers can vary depending on sex and ethnicity. Women are more likely to be supertasters and so are people from Asia, Africa and South America.

Whether you're a non-taster or a supertaster or somewhere in-between depends on your sensitivity to a bitter chemical called 6-n-propylthiouracil (PROP). Non-tasters can't taste the bitterness of PROP at all. Medium tasters sense the bitterness but don_t mind it, while supertasters find the taste of PROP revolting.

Children taste PROP more strongly than adults and, unlike adults, they always seem to sense the bitterness of the chemical. So it could be that certain flavours taste different to children than they do to most adults. This might explain why they're often fussy about their food.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/body/articles/senses/supertaster.shtml

you can get cheap test strips on amazon

i havent actually done it myself yet cos im pretty sure im not a supertaster .. and im a miser

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@biohacker I know have had great experience with them, that's what makes the end of the stick I keep selecting so shitty...Oh well I'm over it.

I would probably still buy a volcano...don't seem like you would have to habitually send it in. But the daisy has filled the mightys shoes nicely for the past few days!

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Hey dude, I know i've probably read your posts, but what exactly were your Mighty warranty issues? I haven't used my Mighty in 6 weeks, but i'm paranoid about the battery, so discharge it a little here and there and keep it 1/2 charged. My 2nd Mighty is being babysat in good care!

biohacker,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
The housing was the main issue, the structural posts were broke by the cu..causing it to not properly seal, the draw resistance was different as well...I suspect that there was some old that dripped into the airpath, causing resistance and a performance drop...also the batteries aren't that great.

I bet they send me back the same might have for the third time and I keep having the same ussues.I'll keep yall posted though.

WakeAndVape,

flipjoe

Hey all, regarding these caps, how are people finding emptying them after use. Seems like a fiddly thing to do.
To me the loading tool is pretty straightforward.
So, those that have been using them, do you see yourself continuing to use them?
The caps are very hot after use but outside the chamber they cool down very fast. It's a bit fiddly to open them but since they're bendable you could make the lid sit more loose.
I probably won't use them too much because i don't take the Mighty outside.

But i can use the capsule lid over my bowl right?
Yes.

flipjoe,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The housing was the main issue, the structural posts were broke by the cu..causing it to not properly seal, the draw resistance was different as well...I suspect that there was some old that dripped into the airpath, causing resistance and a performance drop...also the batteries aren't that great.

I bet they send me back the same might have for the third time and I keep having the same ussues.I'll keep yall posted though.
Third time's the charm?
Wish you best possible outcome!
I might suggest that you tell them ( I know, again... ) that you have lost confidence in this particular Mighty and do not want it back. Ask that they lay out your options. They might even ask for some $ toward a replacement if they think yours has been, well, overworked.

I do feel your pain, it's no fun being the irate customer, we've all been there before!
My experience included a one-time emotional roller coaster, but that came to a safe stop and even with that, I gotta say on balance I've been treated fairly.
Keep us posted....

vapviking,

radiant34

oakland snb is the biggest pain in the ass ever. im thinking of just warrantying my mighty to germany and spend the extra shipping fee, has anyone done this from the us before? did you receive your mighty back brand new?

radiant34,

Taz

Tester
Bad news is the power button on my Mighty quit yesterday a little over 2 months of use. Maybe I will get a newer version as well.

Love the Mighty and my DaVinci just did not cut it last night after using the Mighty for 2 months.

Bad timing but I ordered a CFX while getting it RMA'd to be delivered for 4/20.

Taz,

olysh pops

Mighty V1 met 3 times Err04 since december 2015; so it returned to S&B Germany for repairing - as faq recommend.

A Mighty V2 (MY0Y26**) came back at home after 10 days, new housing more robust, 2 mn auto switch off, added brush, Cooling Unit, Herb Mill, Orange Tool, Filling Aid, and new power adaptater.

So quick, so nice, so efficient, I am in love with Mighty, its warranty and S&B company.

Bye bye Mighty V1
SG1cSxH.jpg
December 2014 and not 2015 ! Mighty was one and half year old when it went back to S&B.

olysh pops,

Vital

Bye bye Mighty V1
SG1cSxH.jpg

Did it come in a factory box with an unbroken seal?

olysh pops

Did it come in a factory box with an unbroken seal?

Yes, unbroken seal. Same with Crafty when it went to S&B for repairing last month.

I feel sorry for those getting trouble with US S&B CS.

Last edited:
olysh pops,

Vital

Yes, unbroken seal. Same with Crafty when it went to S&B for repairing last month.

I feel sorry for those getting trouble with US S&B CS.

That's great...now you get have an extra CU, power cord, and tools. It sux to have to send it in, but at least they compensated you for your trouble. Have you ever used the Muzzmod for the Crafty and Mighty? If no; it is a BRILLIANT mod...you should look in to making yourself one. Another nice thing about the Muzzmod; the Mighty or crafty require very little cleaning if you use the Muzzmod.

Let's hear it for Elmo...invetor of the Muzzmod!!

Use it in good health!

Last edited:

hybride

Vapin' with my Mighty
I wonder if theres still warranty left, since I ordered around 1 year ago on 14th of April and received it on like 22nd or so. Should probably contact S&B about the broken things on top but other than that, it has been working flawlessly for a year and stil does, the mighty. Just a tiny bit of battery deterioration can be noticed. I'll write an in-depth review soon about my year with the Mighty. :)

Vital

I wonder if theres still warranty left, since I ordered around 1 year ago on 14th of April and received it on like 22nd or so. Should probably contact S&B about the broken things on top but other than that, it has been working flawlessly for a year and stil does, the mighty. Just a tiny bit of battery deterioration can be noticed. I'll write an in-depth review soon about my year with the Mighty. :)

IIRC The Mighty has a two year warranty...

Vital,
Reactions: phried

phried

I almost broke down when my Crafty couldn't connect to my iOS app, so I gave in to VAS and bought a Mighty. And I'm not regretting it, nuh uh.

This is what happens when you wait too long for glass mods too arrive.

phried,

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Have you ever used the Muzzmod for the Crafty and Mighty? If no; it is a BRILLIANT mod...you should look in to making yourself one. Another nice thing about the Muzzmod; the Mighty or crafty require very little cleaning if you use the Muzzmod.

Use it in good health!

What is a muzzmod? I've done multiple searches on this site and everyone just references the mod. I've yet to ever see a picture or product description, only that it is a good mod for the mighty.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
What is a muzzmod? I've done multiple searches on this site and everyone just references the mod. I've yet to ever see a picture or product description, only that it is a good mod for the mighty.

@elmomuzz made a DIY mod for the Mjghty involving cutting the CU and attaching a ground glass joint adapter in there, sealed it up with something....can't recall off hand. So a more direct pathway to your water pipe.

I'm not really about tinkering with my Mighty tho. Just personal preference, I find it works amazingly as a direct draw. It's perfect for charging (very fast charging 2-3 hours) and then taking it out for the day, I find that is more than enough battery for me to enjoy some quality sessions away from home.

I'm sure it works great in water, but I have other vapes I use for water so it's not something I'm dying to try too much. Also, the idea of overpowering the heater worries me....may be a fear without merit though.

I had to check prior to posting, because I know it's getting close. 5/25 I have a shipping confirmation from PiU, so almost 11 months. Never had to warranty it, exchange it, never had any errors or problems with it, couldn't recommend it enough!

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
@elmomuzz made a DIY mod for the Mjghty involving cutting the CU and attaching a ground glass joint adapter in there, sealed it up with something....can't recall off hand. So a more direct pathway to your water pipe.

I'm sure it works great in water, but I have other vapes I use for water so it's not something I'm dying to try too much.

Ahh, I'd rather just get the CU mod V2 than mess around with epoxy, gong and cutting up a CU. thanks for the explanation.

I'm excited for my new water pipe. My herbie will get first dibs on it as the CU mod hasn't been ordered yet. I love my Mighty through my DIY bubbler rig as I find that the vapour is still too hot for my throat after going through the CU. Hopefully all my vape goodies arrive around this time next week.

Winegums,

olysh pops

That's great...now you get have an extra CU, power cord, and tools. It sux to have to send it in, but at least they compensated you for your trouble. Have you ever used the Muzzmod for the Crafty and Mighty? If no; it is a BRILLIANT mod...you should look in to making yourself one. Another nice thing about the Muzzmod; the Mighty or crafty require very little cleaning if you use the Muzzmod.

Use it in good health!

Thanks for your suggestion :)

I ve never tried Muzzmod cause I always use Mighty as portable vape outside home; at home Volcano, eNano and eNail are used as desktop vaporizer with bubbler.

IMO it does not sux to have to send Mighty, cause sending is free, it last 9 days exactly and I received Mighty V2 *at home*.

More, I used Mighty during one year and a half without any issue; if screen showed 3 times ERR04 since I got it, actually I was able to vape every day with Mighty. I just wanted V2 with robust housing and new battery before end of warranty, and S&B responded to my request :tup:

olysh pops,

Vital

It's from @Ratchett , it replaces the top half of the CU with a 14/18mm male SonG. I believe the first version had 18mm only and this newer version allows for both sizes. Seems like the same idea as a muzzmod without the DIY.

There is one primary difference unless Ratchett has completley changed the design of his Mighty mod. The Muzzmod does NOT use the bottom half of the CU. Ratchett's mod requires the bottom half of the CU to remain attached. That means you have to clean the bottom half of the CU periodically which is no big deal. The Muzzmod does not use the CU, only the disc that connects the CU to the Mighty or Crafty. With the Muzzmod there is no CU to clean; periocially its a good idea to clean the inside of the glass connector, but it doesn't get very dirty.

Ratchett has a 420 sale going on right now...He is giving away a free SonG adapter of your choice with a $10 purchase. That includes the SonG for the Mighty. He also has all plastic and vinyl on sale for 25% off, and free shipping on orders of $25 or more. Ratchett's merchandise is ingenious, and his company is a pleasure to do business with.

For anyone that needs it, here is a link to Ratchett's store: https://delta3dstudios.com/

Top Bottom