darkrom

Great Scott!
Due to the sheer size of this massive thread it is nearly useless lol.

Do any of the mods think it would be alright to create a "MFLB New User" and maybe a "MFLB Advanced Discussion" thread? It may help people find the information they are looking for much faster.

I'll be 100% honest, even though this is one of my favorite vapes of all time, I never read or post here simply because it is frustrating to read 588 pages of the same info.

Just my suggestion/request.

darkrom,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
If anyone is looking for a great travel mflb case I have found one. :)
It's the digital concepts camera case. The case includes a lanyard and you can also attach it to your belt.

Here is it closed next to a battery for size comparison.
6Z7BF.jpg

And here is the case opened with the box and assorted goods. I could easily fit another battery in there.
7YBfZ.jpg

MM..Food,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Love the case.
I use a similar one. I found it on Amazon for 25¢ (but it was $2 shipping :rolleyes: )
I bought a few of them (Case for Sony Cybershot)
HINT: cut a short piece of a drinking straw, to keep the bristles of your brush from being roughed up!
DSC00292.jpg

Last edited:
Vitolo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
bcat said:
I read through the wiki about the MFLB, but it still left me needing to ask this question:
I was planning on eventually getting Powerex 2700mAH batteries for the MFLB. Now, my question is what charger would work well with those batteries? Does the charger that is stock provided work fine with those? I will most likely be using it every day more than once, but I will keep extra batteries charged.

Thanks FC. :peace:

The first sentence of the first answer under Chargers is:

The overall consensus at Magic-Flight is that nearly all NiMH chargers will work with nearly all NiMH batteries, but that poorly built fast chargers are likely to diminish the overall longevity/life of the battery (the number of complete charge cycles).

So your second question is covered there, unless you assume that Magic-Flight is shipping inferior chargers. (They aren't.) The Chargers section goes on to give advice about the best chargers to use under different circumstances.

In other words, I'm not sure why you felt your questions weren't answered. If you can clarify then I can try to make sure nobody else has the same problem understanding.

pakalolo,

rajsmooth

hey guys, first post here looking for some advice, i'll try to keep it short and to the point. would be absolutely thrilled if someone could help me in my situation, i'm so miserable smoking and im just tired of it.

been enjoying the herb for ~5 years now. i find that it helps me focus, relieves tension and improves my creativity. problem is my lungs just can't seem to handle smoking anymore. when i first started i would smoke blunts and bowls or rip bongs, and after i got over the initial virgin-lungs i was fine, but something seems to have changed in the past few months. my body is just reacting horribly to smoke recently. i cough endlessly after hits that i used to be able to take easily, i even cough when im not smoking. sometimes i cough so hard that i get headaches and keep myself awake at night. i have mild asthma and allergies that give me a natural post-nasal drip, and i know that smoking is making it worse (i usually smoke 1-3x a day depending on what i have to do and how busy/broke i am).

so i've been looking at some vapes and researching a lot the past few months to see which ones are the best for the price, and in terms of value for investment the MFLB seems to be one of the most highly regarded vapes. there's just a few things i'm hesitant about:

-the battery thing: does one battery really only last one session? that just seems ridic to me, i know it comes with a charger and all but damn. i guess i could get used to it, i'll mostly be using it at home anyway but it'll suck having to carry batteries with me at all times if i wanna use it on the go. and i really dont wanna spend almost half the price of the unit itself on a power adapter.

-vapor harshness level: the only real experience i have with vapor is using those e-cigarettes a few times. i didnt feel much on smaller puffs, but i definitely felt that normal burn when i took larger hits and even coughed a few times. i guess im just looking for an idea of what to expect in terms of the comparable harshness of vaping and how effective it will be for helping to relieve this nasty cough i've had lately. and i also know a lot of it depends on how large your puffs are: i intend on probably just using larger numbers of smaller pulls versus huge puffs of vapor. in the last few pages i've read where some people have had really bad coughing fits with the MFLB and some are saying its because the mouthpiece is so short and close to the bowl, which worries me. would a waterpipe attachment probably remedy this?

i'm really really close to pulling the trigger on a MFLB, i'm getting paid on the 15th so i'm thinking about ordering it then, just want to make sure it's the right vape for me that will clear up my lungs at least a little bit more than they are now. to anyone who made it through my post, thank you for taking the time to read and i hope you can help out a vape newbie.

rajsmooth,

al bundy

Vaporist
The launch box works great but there is a learning phase that you will have to do.
For a first vape you might get turned off/ frustrated if you can't get the hang of it.
This was my first vape and it took a few weeks to get it going right,If stealth is a major point then the box is stealthy.if your using a vape for home only then you should look into a log vape(IMO the rockzap is a good log vape.)
Or an Arizer v tower(only does whip like a bowl )
Or the Arizer Extreme Q which does whip and bags like a volcano but at a reduced cost.
I have the Vapir No2 which I love portable with rechargeable battery not as heavy hitting like the Extreme but it hits pretty good. It's about 8 inches tall though.

The log vape the V tower And the No2 can be had from $100-160 .
Then the Arizer solo it's 1/3 the size of the No2 but you can't run it on power adapter has a glass stem and there's been some problems with some models and it's $100 more than the no2 or v tower.

Look in the classified thread for good deals.
The extreme Q will be 150-200 depending on where you go,
One thing with the box it the batteries, and charger ,you will wind up upgrading the charger and buying
batteries say every 6/8 months depending on how you use them.
You can also try the Incognito vaporizer looks like a water bottle ,I've never used one but there's some good write ups about it and there's one for sale for$80.in the classifieds ,
My opinion get a no2 if you want a good home vape and you can use it on the go.for home only,the V tower or extreme q or even a log vape,all have little to no learning curve. :2c: :peace:

There is a power adapter for the box for $57. But now your in for 120 and can just add a little more and get a vape mentioned above, I lovey LB bit I o my use it now for stealth

al bundy,

rajsmooth

wow thanks man, great response. well the at-home thing is kind of deceiving, because while i will be using it at home, i still live w/ my parents (just graduated from college) so stealth is still kind of important. i won't ever be using it indoors: mostly be vaping outside on my porch or in the garage when it gets really cold, so i don't really want to be tied down to a cord, thats one of the things i like most about the MFLB.

i actually heard good things about the no2, it was one of the other vapes i was considering. obviously i'm not gonna ask for opinions about that one on a thread about the MFLB but i will look into it. i know theres a learning curve but do you really think it'll take me a few weeks using it 2-3x a day to figure out how to do it properly? that seems excessively steep.

rajsmooth,

al bundy

Vaporist
Go look up magic flight launch box on you tube
There's a couple of members here that have videos,
JDSupreme has about 6 with the box,batteries ,power adapter ,and also look for Vitolo he also has a few videos.
There's alot of vaping videos on you tube.

al bundy,

bcat

freaktown said:
Stu said:
The stock charger will work fine with them. I would still recommend a better charger, but they do work ok, yes.

:peace:

when you say stock charger which stock charger do you mean?

i purchased the LB in May 2010 and it included a 4 compartment 2 hour charger, got it from puffitup if it helps.

will the Powerex 2700mAH or Imedion 2400mAH batts work in this charger?

I'm not sure which model it is that I am getting, but I ordered my MFLB just tonight from puffitup.com. It looks like the one they now ship is a 2 battery compartment. Can anyone reference me a better battery charger?

bcat,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I've never heard of Magic Flight shipping 4 compartment chargers. I'm sure you'll get the standard 2 compartment charger.

Stu,

CHIDOY

First time, Long time....... :D

I just got my MFLB from puffitup.com (whom I HIGHLY recommend btw) the other day and I can only say WOW! What have I been missing out on????

Thanks to JDSupreme's vids and Vitolo's insight, I hit my first trench like a seasoned vet (sipping). Made that trench my Bi***. :lol:

I'm cool with just the stock batteries for now. Its only used one or two sessions a night so one battery is good for the night.

I just wanted to say that I love this thing and say thanks to all on this forum to help me get there!

:peace: and chicken grease

CHIDOY,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The package and Batteries/charger from PuffitUp are the most recent... and are among the best deal!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
CHIDOY said:
Thanks to JDSupreme's vids and Vitolo's insight, I hit my first trench like a seasoned vet (sipping). Made that trench my Bi***. :lol:

Thats right, own that thing!!! Thats yo Bi***! LOL, you did good!

Just got my new Koa LB got from Julie @ MF, oh she fixed me up, I really dig the darker wood than the normal Maple, I think the koa gives it depth and richness, IMO its a way better specie than the rest they offer, the walnut maybe close. Had to accessorize it with my own Eds Koa LB Stem. Its a beauty and thanks again for all you all do at MF to bring joy to us all!

2011-12-09_10-28-08_386.jpg

Ed's TnT,

rajsmooth

wow that koa LB looks sweet, congrats bro...

i think i'm most likely gonna go ahead and order the LB. after another night/morning of coughing i'm done with smoking...fuck combustion, literally :D i still want to research some more but it seems like so many people have been happy with the LB that for its price point it seems like the way to go.

rajsmooth,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
rajsmooth said:
-the battery thing: does one battery really only last one session? that just seems ridic to me, i know it comes with a charger and all but damn. i guess i could get used to it, i'll mostly be using it at home anyway but it'll suck having to carry batteries with me at all times if i wanna use it on the go. and i really dont wanna spend almost half the price of the unit itself on a power adapter.

The battery lasts one trench, not one session. Some people (like me) can stretch a trench out over a couple of days--and by that I mean stay happy most of you waking hours. I know this depends on the user and strain etc., but that's my experience. Also, for me the stock Imedions last more like two trenches.

The power adapter is worth the extra money in my opinion. I think most of us who have one would recommend it.

rajsmooth said:
-vapor harshness level: the only real experience i have with vapor is using those e-cigarettes a few times. i didnt feel much on smaller puffs, but i definitely felt that normal burn when i took larger hits and even coughed a few times.

For me the first time I took a vaporizer hit I nearly coughed up a lung. Despite the reading I'd done it had escaped me that vapour can provoke coughing as much as smoke can if you take a huge rip. Vapour is definitely smoother, but you still need to moderate your intake. As you've already discerned, since the vapour path for the LB is so short, some people find it harsher than many other devices. If harshness is an issue then water filtration might be needed no matter which vaporizer you wind up getting.

rajsmooth said:
i'm really really close to pulling the trigger on a MFLB, i'm getting paid on the 15th so i'm thinking about ordering it then, just want to make sure it's the right vape for me that will clear up my lungs at least a little bit more than they are now.

Any vaporizer is better for your lungs than combustion. You just need to learn how to use it effectively.

Ed's TnT said:
Just got my new Koa LB got from Julie @ MF, oh she fixed me up, I really dig the darker wood than the normal Maple, I think the koa gives it depth and richness, IMO its a way better specie than the rest they offer, the walnut maybe close. Had to accessorize it with my own Eds Koa LB Stem. Its a beauty and thanks again for all you all do at MF to bring joy to us all!

Congratulations, she's a beauty. I agree 100% about koa being the bestest. I love my koa LB but I only use it on special occasions. I was wondering if you found a difference in smoothness from the maple/birch LBs.

Edited to fix quoting...

pakalolo,

toadyfatz

rajsmooth said:
wow that koa LB looks sweet, congrats bro...

i think i'm most likely gonna go ahead and order the LB. after another night/morning of coughing i'm done with smoking...fuck combustion, literally :D i still want to research some more but it seems like so many people have been happy with the LB that for its price point it seems like the way to go.

Just remember with the LB your draw rate makes all the difference in the harshness of the hit. If you draw real real slow like sipping on coffee or soup or some call it micro-hitting your hit will be bigger and harsher to the throat and you will most likely have more noticeable vapor but also have some coughing fits....but you can always just slightly increase your draw rate to cool down the vapor and just stop at the first sign of irritation and you can most likely avoid the coughing fits...sure you might not get huge clouds, but really that can be a good thing (you will still have incredible taste and effects). Just find your level of comfort and just take a few hits and you will be feeling great in no time! Just remember also at first you might have some coughing just because you are not used to the vapor...You will get used to it for sure and I would also suggest using a stem to help cool the vapor down a bit and not hit it native at first till you get used to it. Magic Flight also sells whips for the box that will cool the vapor down even more. I myself prefer a stem or native. Another extremely important thing to remember is to grind your herb to almost salt like consistency to give you more even hits....You will love the LB and once you taste what your herb is really supposed to taste like you will never go back! Good luck!

toadyfatz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
pakalolo said:
The battery lasts one trench, not one session. Some people (like me) can stretch a trench out over a couple of days--and by that I mean stay happy most of you waking hours. I know this depends on the user and strain etc., but that's my experience. Also, for me the stock Imedions last more like two trenches.
My stock batteries that come with the box (Powerex AAI240 -they are 2400's) last me for much longer.
I get 3-4 full trenches done on one battery.
I take two stock batteries on the road, and I can do 6-8 trenches until they are totally brown!

Vitolo,

rajsmooth

wow thanks pakalolo, toadyfatz, al bundy & Vitolo...great information that's been really helpful. i'm glad i stumbled across this board!

rajsmooth,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
pakalolo said:
Ed's TnT said:

Congratulations, she's a beauty. I agree 100% about koa being the bestest. I love my koa LB but I only use it on special occasions. I was wondering if you found a difference in smoothness from the maple/birch LBs.

Edited to fix quoting...

I cant say as I do notice a diff. with its performance, seems to be very similar to the maple/birch, I really dont see how the vapor could be affected by the specie of wood from within box itself, IMO the vapor can be subtly affected by the stem you're drawing through, be it the acrylic, glass, or wood. I feel that the wood does the most for a combination of cooling and also crisping the vapor I pull through it. I dig the the natural feel from an all wood vapor pathway, seems richer and more smooth and mellow, very enjoyable.

Does anyone else run their rig like I? Whats your thoughts?

Do you have a wood stem Pakalolo?

Ed's TnT,

max

Out to lunch
Ed's TnT said:
I really dont see how the vapor could be affected by the specie of wood from within box itself
I agree. Wood density/type should have no effect on vapor production or temperature.

max,

stuey

rajsmooth said:
wow thanks man, great response. well the at-home thing is kind of deceiving, because while i will be using it at home, i still live w/ my parents (just graduated from college) so stealth is still kind of important. i won't ever be using it indoors: mostly be vaping outside on my porch or in the garage when it gets really cold, so i don't really want to be tied down to a cord, thats one of the things i like most about the MFLB.

i actually heard good things about the no2, it was one of the other vapes i was considering. obviously i'm not gonna ask for opinions about that one on a thread about the MFLB but i will look into it. i know theres a learning curve but do you really think it'll take me a few weeks using it 2-3x a day to figure out how to do it properly? that seems excessively steep.

Just watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz68fCk97fM

The key is to not make a seal around the hole with your lips.

stuey,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
toadyfatz said:
Just ordered on couple of your wood stems Ed! I'm excited to see them! Thanks
Just processed that, thank you! Pls let me know what you think!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom