Phajik

MSet said:
I've owned a LB for about a year but hardly saw any use out of it as my friends wrecked it by basically smoking it with the batteries. But I finally got it relaxed through M's absolutely amazing customer service and the best warranty on the market. Hands down. Im hoping to invest in the PA here sometime soon, but perhaps the bong adapter first. Im also still learning how to vape it properly. Finding that mix between pulling too light and too hard, for too long or short :lol:

May I recommend JDsupremes vids on youtube? just scroll up^^^^^until you see his handle and click on the link in the signature line.

Phajik,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nycdeisel said:
Yea pakaolo, nice post BUT you should still have batteries so you dont completely get rid of its portable factor! and the current stock batteries are best last for a while and hold their charge for a while too.

No worries, I still have the pooped-out 2700s. Even after a couple of break-in cycles on the C9000 they still only hold about 2100-2200 mAh, and the hits seem weaker too, but they do work. For the reasons you state, I reverted to using the Imedion 2400 stock batteries, which is what I will stick with now since I will be using batteries a lot less. They still hit well.

Where are my cookies?

pakalolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The WPA is the more economical investment....
But you also want the PA.
Just my opinion..... Even though the PA is the one that costs more... I would buy it first.
It is truly THE GAME CHANGER!
and then...... once you get the WPA, it makes the WPA testing more enjoyable and easy.

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^
I was just going to post something very similar. :lol: I have found that the WPA is more difficult to use with the battery as compared to the PA.

momofthegoons,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
lol.. I'm tickled you finally caved Pakalolo!! I KNEW you would love it when you broke down and joined us :D The power adapter is such a game changer, absolutely a wonderful addition to MF's lineup.

I got the WPA too.. It works great and is a fine addition but I don't use that daily like I do the PA.

Lo,

sundaddy

Man, this makes me wish I had a PA. I have wanted one since they came out, but I'm too broke to get it. Every extra dollar I get I have to put towards medicine. Curiously, I think i would use one of the lower settings on the dial, because I like milking the trench slowly with low batteries... very flavorful experience.

sundaddy,

shortwind

Hi. This is a grinder question specific to the MFLB. When I first started using the MFLB, I used a standard metal grinder....but it didn't grind the herb especially fine and since I have exertion issues, it was difficult for me to use. I then switched to an electric coffee grinder which works reasonably well and requires no exertion on my part....though it is tedious to brush all the herb out into containers. Now I have been reading it is better to just grind a small amount each time before you vape. However, doing that with the coffee grinder would be a big project for me each night (I use about a trench an evening, sometimes a bit more, sometimes a bit less). I have been grinding up several grams at a time...and sometimes that lasts me a month or so. I store the ground herb in plastic medicine containers, labeled by strain. So far, it's all been potent. Once I run low on ground stuff, I grind a whole bunch more.
I noticed on the Blissville webpage a tiny $8.95 grinder specifically for the MFLB. Will that grind the herbs fine enough for the box...especially for someone with exertion issues grinding? Or should I just stick to my occasional big coffee grinder sessions?
Feedback appreciated...and smell is NOT important to me.
Thanks!

shortwind,

los

can anyone point to a reliable site where i can buy some powerex 2700's? i remember max saying to stay away from amazon and he even posted the site he uses but i cant seem to find it using google search....if anyone remembers the site could you please post it, thanks in advance

los,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
los said:
can anyone point to a reliable site where i can buy some powerex 2700's? i remember max saying to stay away from amazon and he even posted the site he uses but i cant seem to find it using google search....if anyone remembers the site could you please post it, thanks in advance

I use Thomas Distributing, max recommended them to me a while back. I've ordered from them more than once, and they are always professional, quick, and efficient.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/

Vicki,
Shortwind, the little MFLB grinder will get it super fine, but turning it can be a bitch if you have larger hands, and it tends to gunk up and make that turning issue even worse.

I use a cheap, Chinese electric grinder which has served me well for over a year now, gives a super fine grind if I need it for the MFLB and works as fast as I need. Invest in one of these if you need to grind smaller amounts, or just stick with what you got if your hands are strained by conventional grinders - because the smaller they get, the more difficult they are to work with IME.

charliedontsurf,

los

thanks stroh!

vicki thats the site i was looking for, thanks. i remembered max recommending them, i just couldnt find it....again thanks!

los,

willieR

Been here since 2009
pakalolo said:
To anyone who is on the fence about a PA, you know that feeling you get when you realize you've been doing something dumb for a long time? Avoid that feeling. Order yours now.

... I don't know why I clung to the batteries for so long.

...the Powerex 2700s pretty much died while I was away this summer, I finally woke up and ordered the PA.

... the hits are stronger than anything I ever pulled from a battery.

I was about to write this very same set of sentiments. I just received mine, have been kicking myself in the ass ever since. I thought I would miss the portability of the battery, but hell I'm in a lazy boy.

I'm still wondering why these state of the art 2700 batteries decided they all needed to take a poop at the same time. I thought it might be the LB, but the PA has no problem whatsoever. So it's either all (3) of my batteries took a dump simultaneously or it's the charger. I was putting though break-in mode a lot. Maybe that was bad.

willieR,

sundaddy

pakalolo said:
To anyone who is on the fence about a PA, you know that feeling you get when you realize you've been doing something dumb for a long time? Avoid that feeling. Order yours now.

...the Powerex 2700s pretty much died while I was away this summer, I finally woke up and ordered the PA.

I'm still in dumb mode, but as soon as I can I'm getting it. I guess it will still be fairly portable if I get a 50 foot extension cord.

sundaddy,

Nycdeisel

I think its refresh mode that can bring them back to life... I can check my instructions if you dont have yours.

2700s are not as good overall as the stock batteries which are 2400 LSDs, and supposedly have an overall better life(many charges, not how much you get from each charge) and are more reliable. give these a try(they come already peeled too, another plus) and report back! mine work really well and my c9000 keeps them in tip top shape

Nycdeisel,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
sundaddy said:
pakalolo said:

I'm still in dumb mode, but as soon as I can I'm getting it. I guess it will still be fairly portable if I get a 50 foot extension cord.

That is when I would use the batteries. :)

Vicki,

Nycdeisel

exactly. one cant substitute the others, the PA is a GREAT accessory, but nothing can fully replace the batteries in this way!

Nycdeisel,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I was never crazy about the power output of the stock batts. I loved the 2700s initially. The honeymoon is over, however.

I'll try the refresh mode as you suggest. Thank you for taking the time to help me with that. I'll use the stock 9000 settings for this task. If that doesn't work, I may just get 2 new 2700s. I like the juice.

willieR,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
willieR said:
pakalolo said:

I'm still wondering why these state of the art 2700 batteries decided they all needed to take a poop at the same time. I thought it might be the LB, but the PA has no problem whatsoever. So it's either all (3) of my batteries took a dump simultaneously or it's the charger. I was putting though break-in mode a lot. Maybe that was bad.

All eight of my Powerex 2700's died after I had my PA for a few weeks. I did not use the batteries during the first 3 weeks and not even the C9000 could revive them after that.

Now that I have the PA and will not be using the batteries as much, is it recomended to use 2400 Imedion's for longer storage ?

majorpayne66,

nr-cole

majorpayne66 said:
willieR said:
pakalolo said:

All eight of my Powerex 2700's died after I had my PA for a few weeks. I did not use the batteries during the first 3 weeks and not even the C9000 could revive them after that.

Now that I have the PA and will not be using the batteries as much, is it recomended to use 2400 Imedion's for longer storage ?

Is that how that works? If you leave the 2700s empty too long they die? How are they able to sit on store shelves then?

nr-cole,

wot

Thanks MF/Blisssville! I received my PA today and will be trying it out over the weekend. :peace:

wot,

Nycdeisel

idk i never heard of them dying in that particular way.

no reason not to give the stock 2400s a try, dont be hesitant from the lower number please

Nycdeisel,

wot

nr-cole said:
majorpayne66 said:
willieR said:

Is that how that works? If you leave the 2700s empty too long they die? How are they able to sit on store shelves then?
From what I understand, 2700s are High-self Discharge (HSD) batteries so they have a shorter shelf life than Low-self Discharge (LSD).

wot,

nr-cole

Nycdeisel said:
idk i never heard of them dying in that particular way.

no reason not to give the stock 2400s a try, dont be hesitant from the lower number please

QFT. While some people report getting a slightly hotter temp from the 2700s, in theory they should have the same voltage. I have six batteries and there's no way I'm going to go through six trenches in a day (or even half a week) so 2700s wouldn't make sense for me.

nr-cole,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
nr-cole: Although they have the same voltage, the discharge curves are different. I wondered why there would be a difference for a long time. I finally understood it after lwien posted a chart that shows why: the HSD batteries are always discharging at a slightly higher voltage.

majorpayne66: Switch to the Imedion 2400s. They're LSD and will be ready to go when you do need a battery. In my opinion, the difference between them and the 2700s isn't worth the hassle of keeping the 2700s charged. I know for a fact that an Imedion that has been sitting for weeks can get me through at least one trench without being topped up. It was over two months, actually. (Pakalolo at Mississauga, when the 2700s failed...)

pakalolo,
Top Bottom