mrfloopa

Vappy
charliedontsurf said:
Your implication exactly? That they regard obviously used drug paraphenallia as a "whatever" situation? You don't think they have drug testing kits, that drug trafficking isn't aconcern in almost any major airport in the world?.

Trafficking=/=carrying a lb in your checked baggage filled with tobacco, especially. Internationally, I wouldn't risk it. Domestically, they don't have the right to see something filled with tobacco, open it, smell it, and swab it (even if that was how they tested for it at the airport). They are concerned with big bricks on drugs. Remember, we're still innocent until guilty, and there are laws about probable cause. They can open your bag for a random test, sure. Can they take things from it, open your private property? They haven't whenever my bags have been searched. Every box I had remained closed, taped, sealed, despite the bag being searched. They aren't looking for a tiny piece of wood. They are looking for weapons, bombs, or trafficking, not tiny boxes that fit in a pant pocket you packed in your checked bag.

charliedontsurf said:
They're not going to just close the suitcase on a dirty, stinky bong for instance - an exaggeration of the used MFLB but the exact same in principal.

The left mine be. And I know they had to see that in the x-ray, but that was pretty dumb of me I will admit. I've also never been caught flying multiple times with my pipes. I'm not saying you'll never get caught, I'm just saying you expect the TSA to find every little thing, even a closed, cleaned MFLB, when TSA has failed to find weapons going through actual security multiple times.

Of course, it will never be worth it if you get caught until everything is legalized or decriminalized everywhere. Of course, bungee jumping isn't worth it if the bungee snaps, but that rarely happens. :p

Edit: Again, I don't advise this. But I do like things to be a bit more realistic than believing TSA is a super efficient force of evil that will find every single thing in any bag you pack.

mrfloopa,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I agree with Charlie - but, whenever I travel I ship it to myself at the hotel via fedex. I actually had a cop deliver my vaporizer to me personally at a convention...you couldn't imagine how hard I laughed. Clean it well, pack it in tin foil then saran. Fedex uses a complete automation system at their hub, and I am yet to be let down.

Others Options - Buy a new one when you get there, there a bunch of headshops on 7th ave south.
or - you can go to a sporting goods store and by a bear can - a bit much but its doable - or - glass is a good way to go - or dont smoke while in the city which is totally out of the question, its a must while visiting NYC - or im sure everyone here knows the candle trick. That actually worked for me getting meds back from our motherland, Amsterdamn!

On another note, Vito - your input made me laugh so hard I farted in a board meeting....never the less - thank you sir, that meeting sucked otherwise!

:peace:

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Like a glass VG? :smug:

wake n blake said:
Don't take this the wrong way guys/gals... But good glass goes a long way. I know not everyone has tons of money, but these budget glass pieces your buying are very frail. If you're going to spend almost $200 on an LB, PA, and wpa... Why not spend a buck, buck and a half on a nicely blown, professional piece.

The differences are intense... Even properly griddled down stems work much better than the cheaper down stems with little slits... And cheap pieces with built in percs usually never percolate efficiently.

But especially with the deals you can get on ehle glass... I would consider upping the glass standards.

Plus, you ever break one of those paper thin glass bongs while you're cleaning it, you get these super thin glass death shards stuck in your hand... Unpleasant... Like when Christmas tree ornaments break.

Just a heads up and a couple opinions from a concerned member of our lovely community.

mvapes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
Your implication exactly? That they regard obviously used drug paraphenallia as a "whatever" situation? You don't think they have drug testing kits, that drug trafficking isn't aconcern in almost any major airport in the world? That they don't collar and prosecute the majority of people in the hypothetical situation we are discussion? They're not going to just close the suitcase on a dirty, stinky bong for instance - an exaggeration of the used MFLB but the exact same in principal.

It turns out mrfloopa pretty much stole my thunder with his description of actual experience as opposed to paranoid speculation. I'll just add that I based my original statement on conversations I've had with people who actually do this work.

Yes, my implication is exactly that they are supposed to regard "obviously used drug paraphenallia [sic]" as a "whatever" situation. No, they don't have drug testing kits. Drug trafficking might be a concern but it's not the mandate of security screeners. I don't know where you got the idea that they collar and prosecute the majority of people in the siutation we were discussing--which, let's recap, is the carrying of a MFLB on a flight. I will bet everything I own that you cannot show me a single case anywhere in which they arrested someone for trying to board an airplane with a MFLB, let alone the majority of them (small as that number undoubtedly is).

pakalolo,

al bundy

Vaporist
Ha, my wife had a pocket knife in her purse leaving Newark to ft Lauderdale
Newark never found it but Ft Lauderdale did coming back

And still have a friend that brings 3lbs (the most) when he goes to the Caribean,
He went last week and had that, and no problem he's still there,
So I wonder how wel they really search.

al bundy,
So check this: I have a couple of credit-card type steel multitools, basically a stainless steel sheet in the shape of a card with several wrench sizes, a bottle opener, a cutting edge, a serrated edge, etcetera. I forgot that I had one in my wallet while traveling domestic and almost shit myself when the security woman pulled it out of my wallet and said "what the hell is this?" The look in her eyes made it seem like I'd tried to smuggle an Ak47 onboard. It took about five minutes to convince them that all I used it for was opening beers - I literally showed them where the piece was worn from popping bottle caps. They eventually let me go through after confiscating it, but its a reminder to always be careful.

I always travel with 2 or 3 serious books, 300+ pages plus and usually hardback because they're older editions. These ALWAYS get me stopped. They pull me aside and make me wait while a special guy with a special machine checks out my special books for special black tar heroin. I don't know what people are smuggling in old Dostoyevsky books, but it's illegal enough for them to want to check mine every single time.

I got a 100% clean, virginal pipe from my glassblowing days through to Maui with absolutely no problems, gifted it to a local who was fishing on the beach on my last day and didn't have to worry about bringing it back.

Pak, if you want to go to jail and get reamed for five years straight, be my guest. You are counting on the stupidity, leniency, and/or incompetency of paid professionals. You can write a funny story for us all when you come back, and in the meantime, you can correct my offhanded typos from the penitentiary library. I would wager vast sums that they have drug testing kits. I hope they don't use one on you the next time you travel with dirty para-a-fen-al-ia-uh-uh. Did I get that right?

Given that the MFLB seems to be one of the best selling vaporizers ever, the everyday nature of air travel, and the illegality of certain substances, then I think I'd win that bet and possess everything you own if we took the time to really dig and dig for the next few weeks... Maybe the next day if we knew where to start. Someone's probably been pinched with a MFLB, loaded or unloaded, at a US airport. With the numbers we're dealing with, at least a dozen people have probably realized they had a packed and loaded MFLB in their pocket while in the security line.

And I promise I won't use the "reamed" for a few weeks. :)

charliedontsurf,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Charlie, are you familiar with the idea of the availability heuristic? :p Just because some bad experiences happened to you doesn't mean they happen to everybody all the time. It could vary on a number of factors, such as getting the new guy in line (even though we're talking about checked baggage), what airport you're flying out of and recent events in the area, what you look like, and whether or not the agent you get happens to be in a bad mood or downright stupid and unfamiliar with TSA's own rules. They aren't "trained professionals." At least not highly trained, or that invested in the job. They're just people, like the ones who go to facebook at work. But I think we've digressed enough from the topic of the thread. :lol:
I don't think there is a consensus--there is always a risk taking it on, and less, but still existent, risk mailing it. Hardly any risk leaving it at home. It just depends how close to the edge you like living life.

mrfloopa,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
This all seems so strange to me, having never flown internally in the USA, but I certainly wouldn't do it with a used LB in this country (though I've done dafter things in the past before I had responsibilities). Sniffer dogs are the thing that I'd be worried about- we have them all around our airports, and they're trained to come and sit next to someone who smells of weed (different to the explosives dogs) and they particularly lurk around the baggage collection carousels.

They're even in the train stations- last time I was in London I saw one doing the rounds and so I turned straight back out of the station. Not sure how many there are; perhaps not too many as that's the only time I've seen one not on TV or at the airport.

I think I even saw a TV doc where they were doing the same thing in Australia at a bus station. I also remember when I was working on fishing boats in Sydney and one of my crew mates was standing on the quayside minding his own business with about half an oz in his pocket, when this friendly dog came up to say hello. Turned out it was a police drug sniffer dog still in training. Not sure exactly how it all happened, as they weren't on duty apparently, but my mate ended up throwing the bud off the wharf into the water- but they just got a net from the fish market and fished it out. But it wasn't a huge deal- he got a talking to in the back of their unmarked car and was let go.

So I'm guessing that in the US of A they don't have these dogs occasionally lurking around bus stations, train stations and airports trying to hassle us good folk?

WatTyler,

Nycdeisel

Hmm.... well a ways back, I was being hooked up my a friend with some real real dank herb, and this stuff stank. I took the subway back home. I was pretty baked too so its kind of blurry, but I remember coming up the stairs from one train and like hiding behind the wall was a cop with a sniffer dog, I didnt know if it was looking for bombs or explosives but when I walked by it barked at me(thankfully hard to tell it was me because there was a good crowd of people going through the station) then I go downstairs to a different train I need to get on and i go allll the way to the end and then see upstairs the dog walking around sniffing basically pulling the officer. they just went back to their possition though, no trouble for me. and not having much of a tolerance at that time and being baked on some really great shit made it all the more scary.

around here there are confirmed bomb dogs but no drug dogs are confirmed.

Nycdeisel,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
A few years before 9/11, when I was about 16, my dad and I were flying to Colorado to go skiing for a few days. I was young and dumb so I had a small pouch with my glass piece and a big fat 6g nug tucked next to my junk. Stopped at the bagel shop before going through security and I look over at the security area and see a dog standing there. I starting freaking out, and realizing that I'm going to have to toss a $100 nug and a $40 glass piece in the trash and go sober skiing for 5 days. It was like 7am so I didn't have my contact lenses in yet. Put them in real quick only to realize that it was a seeing eye dog!! Whew! Went through security with no problem, same with on the way back.

But now, post-9/11, its worth the $$ to buy a new box or ship mine to where ever im going and then find herb there.

JDSupreme,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
WatTyler said:
So I'm guessing that in the US of A they don't have these dogs occasionally lurking around bus stations, train stations and airports trying to hassle us good folk?

I wish. This country is paranoid it has given up plenty of it's freedom for a false sense of security. Hell, we have to walk through a full body scanner that can potentially have harmful x-rays and also takes a nude photo of you, just to fucking fly in an airplane next to a fat smelly guy that can't fit in his seat.

In Chicago I have seen dogs at subway stops and train stations. Don't know if they were for explosives or drugs though.

aesthyrian,

stroh

errl enthusiast
aesthyrian said:
WatTyler said:

I wish. This country is paranoid it has given up plenty of it's freedom for a false sense of security. Hell, we have to walk through a full body scanner that can potentially have harmful x-rays and also takes a nude photo of you, just to fucking fly in an airplane next to a fat smelly guy that can't fit in his seat.

In Chicago I have seen dogs at subway stops and train stations. Don't know if they were for explosives or drugs though.

most of the dogs in the L stations are bomb dogs, though occasionally there is the odd drug dog. however, they will not alert unless told to do so, so you usually have nothing to worry about unless you're extremely suspicious looking and carrying a big duffel bag

stroh,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Not sure if this should be here but...
To all the MFLB owners in this thread who also own log type vapes. Which vape do you use more often at home? I've always wanted one of them because the woodwork on them are just beautiful...I pretty much use my MFLB at home unless I'm going out or if I'm hiking and I also have the PA.
So just wanted to know and thanks!

MM..Food,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My LB is strickly used for portability. When I am at home my PD gets used the most.
:peace:

Stu,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Pre Stoned said:
Not sure if this should be here but...
To all the MFLB owners in this thread who also own log type vapes. Which vape do you use more often at home? I've always wanted one of them because the woodwork on them are just beautiful...I pretty much use my MFLB at home unless I'm going out or if I'm hiking and I also have the PA.
So just wanted to know and thanks!

Had a LB and Zap at one point. Once the PA came out, the zap never got used, so I sold it. IMO I get a tastier hit from the LB. Im all about taste yo :)

JDSupreme,

Nycdeisel

You should try the new RockZaps with SSS(solid stainless steel, something none of the other logs have same with the 'Rock'-concrete liner). they are hot and tasty!!
(see my posts in the Aromazap thread)

at home I def use the logs more but that is just me!

Nycdeisel,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
I was actually looking at those! Specifically the one in the for sale thread...it really caught my eye and I want it! Hahaha I can't help it I too have become a vape connoisseur. :)

MM..Food,

Nycdeisel

Go for it pre stoned, I love mine! and wow it seems better then any other of the logs I have! and no more brass so it tastes good and clean

Nycdeisel,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Well thanks everybody! I sent an email and as soon as I set up my paypal account I will be a proud owner of one of the new RockZaps!

Back on topic, still loving my MFLB w/ PA and in the future I'll be getting the WPA and a nice bong. Woohoo! :) :peace:

MM..Food,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Back to Launch Boxes....
I got yet another case!
Photoon2011-10-01at0931.jpg

Photoon2011-10-01at09322.jpg

This was a "Sony CyberCam case". you can find them all over amazon from 25 up to $8.
I paid 25$, but there was $2.00 shipping. Still cheap.
Everything fits in nicely!

Vitolo,

h12plus

I'm beta testing your mom.
I like the ssv for my log vape, but I only use it every couple days. I use my lb with the pa due to pure taste. I've only been vaping for 6 months and love it. I quit smoking cigs also and now all my buddies think I'm a vapor snob. So fuck em and vape the f out. I also quit cigs with the ego t and some boba's bounty. I really need to try an omicron but don't live in a med state.

h12plus,

los

uhh i just want to share an experience i had with my LB like 5 minutes ago...ive heard people say that the LB just isnt that powerful, that it doesnt smack you in the face...well i call bs cause my LB just pimp slapped me son! :D i mean ive gotten some nice rips off my box but nothing like this, using stock batts at that :o

los,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
u bwade wunner: The 1.2V from the battery is between the rails which hold the trench. Putting any other metal will make another current paths making the resistance of the box lower, its wattage higher, so it can burn. Also the battery can't like that. It's critical for them like its now.

Seek,
Top Bottom