elevation

Just sent magicflight an e-mail about payment without creditcard...

BTW: If you need to hide your MFLB for stealth purposes and decide to put it in your pocket..don't leave the battery in..because you might just push it and get caught because it starts to smell funky as hell!

Just speaking out of experience :lol:

:peace:

elevation,

toadyfatz

elevation said:
Just sent magicflight an e-mail about payment without creditcard...

BTW: If you need to hide your MFLB for stealth purposes and decide to put it in your pocket..don't leave the battery in..because you might just push it and get caught because it starts to smell funky as hell!

Just speaking out of experience :lol:

Another thing you could always do is go get one of those prepaid credit cards at a drug store or Walmart and make the purchase that way....Just load it with the amount of your purchase etc...edit to say if you are under 18 I'm not sure it you can get one....

toadyfatz,

BirchMFLB

Cannabis Connoisseur
Has or can anyone upload a video of the paper clip power adapter trick? The descriptions are too confusing. :\

BirchMFLB,
When y'all use the power adapter do you use it at full power or a little less? I'm trying to find the perfect temp. for this thing

burntoast15,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
My own personal preference is just over 50%. But I strongly encourage you to try various settings to find your own personal sweet spot. Hell, figuring that out is half the fun!

Stu,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
BirchMFLB said:
Has or can anyone upload a video of the paper clip power adapter trick? The descriptions are too confusing. :\

I'm sorry if this isnt helpful, but there are two small holes on the back of the battery part of the pa (next to the button you press to make the PA deliver current to the box), just take a paperclip, or anything small enough, and stick it into one of the holes(or bend the clip in a U shape so you can stick in in both holes at once) and turn the whole thing (circular metal disk with the holes in it) clockwise to tighten it. If too tight the button will not pop out anymore which is a problem because current is then always delivered to the box so you have to find a sweet spot just before where the button sticks

Vaporgin.,
Stu said:
My own personal preference is just over 50%. But I strongly encourage you to try various settings to find your own personal sweet spot. Hell, figuring that out is half the fun!

burntoast15,
hi! after hours of reading fc, wondering which vape would be the best for starting my vaping career, i finally got my mflb! i haven't even tried it yet, but i love this little fella already. beautiful piece of crafting! i'm about to give it a try and will write how it went later :D

savethesealz,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vaporgin. said:
BirchMFLB said:

I'm sorry if this isnt helpful, but there are two small holes on the back of the battery part of the pa (next to the button you press to make the PA deliver current to the box), just take a paperclip, or anything small enough, and stick it into one of the holes(or bend the clip in a U shape so you can stick in in both holes at once) and turn the whole thing (circular metal disk with the holes in it) clockwise to tighten it. If too tight the button will not pop out anymore which is a problem because current is then always delivered to the box so you have to find a sweet spot just before where the button sticks

Paper clips are really tough to work with. I've tried this and went through a dozen clips as they just bend and fall apart while trying. I tried on both sides of the PA battery and I have had no luck.

mvapes,

BirchMFLB

Cannabis Connoisseur
burntoast15 said:
When y'all use the power adapter do you use it at full power or a little less? I'm trying to find the perfect temp. for this thing
I hear people with WPA use it around 75%. I am just using wooden stems and for a new trench prefer 60-65%. Then after 4 or 5 hits I take the bud out and crush it with folded paper so it's powdery. (Don't like getting hand oils on the bud) Then I lower the power adapter to about 50-55%.
It mostly depends on your preference of draw rate. Just have to be careful not to combust. I used a bit of white out to place 50% and 100% markers on my PA wheel.

BirchMFLB,

Nycdeisel

I like the look Vito, all you need is a heavier italian accent and you could be from brooklyn! (or maybe you are ;)

:lol:

:science:

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Born in Passaic, N.J. - Family deported when I was 2 weeks old.
I came back to USA at age 4... to Brooklyn.
Took an adulthood of traveling to lose the accent.
(had the hat since I was about 20.. I threw it on because I had not combed my hair yet this morning!)

Vitolo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, you never fail to make me laugh. Heavy metal.... :lol:

Your video actually taught me something new. While I was aware that the one end of the PA could be tightened, I was not aware that you could do the same thing to the " battery" end that makes contact. Thank you Vito.

momofthegoons,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Just ordered the PA and the car PA. I have a new replacement unit. Previous one had a torn screen.

The new one has shinier steel. Not sure if it's the LB or the Powerex 2700 batts, but when I first insert a battery, the light is barely on. Needs to heat up, it seems. Once the unit is warmed, the light is really bright and heats up well.

This has not been the case previously so I'm not sure if it is the new unit or my older 2700s causing this issue. I've been gone from FC for a while so maybe this has already been discussed recently. I'll go back over the older posts.

Thanks for the patience

willieR,
willieR said:
Just ordered the PA and the car PA. I have a new replacement unit. Previous one had a torn screen.

The new one has shinier steel. Not sure if it's the LB or the Powerex 2700 batts, but when I first insert a battery, the light is barely on. Needs to heat up, it seems. Once the unit is warmed, the light is really bright and heats up well.

This has not been the case previously so I'm not sure if it is the new unit or my older 2700s causing this issue. I've been gone from FC for a while so maybe this has already been discussed recently. I'll go back over the older posts.

Thanks for the patience
I noticed this as well. When i'm at home I usually use a 2700 to warm up the box a bit and then use the PA to vape. Works pretty well for me :cool:

burntoast15,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Wonder why that is. The day I received the new unit it heated up FAST. I loved it. In a week or so, it started doing this. I haven't done a real study to compare my batteries, and also to get the unit warmed up and then try a different battery.

The only thing I've got in my head is that the unit is warm and works better. Wondering if the rounded metal ring is too loose, and as it heats up it expands giving better contact.

willieR,

CutePanda

I have had the first beta PA for about 6 months and I've had to tighten it once and that's it. I used the tip of a led pencil to do so.

CutePanda,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey Vito, great video but when I tried to turn mine either way the clip bent and fell to sh*t. Now, I actually found the perfect tool...corn on the cob holders!

COC.jpg

They work perfectly!

mvapes,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I haven't had my PA very long, but I have never had to tighten it. I hope it stays that way. Is this an inevitable problem?

Vicki,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Vicki said:
I haven't had my PA very long, but I have never had to tighten it. I hope it stays that way. Is this an inevitable problem?

i hope not, as i too have not needed to adjust anything on my PA as of yet

stroh,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have one of the original beta PAs and it does need adjusting pretty regularly. Since this issue was brought to light pretty early, Magic Flight may have made some adjustments to the newer PA. I wouldn't worry about it in any case. It's a quick and easy fix.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom