sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Vitolo said:
If you feel the batery does not want to fit in, it is supposed to be snug.

The batteries are loose in my new replacement box. :( Is that bad? Is my LB considered defective?

sydnee,

lwien

Just got an LB. Fun little thing, it is.

First impression. I ground up my bud in my 2pc Space Case, loaded up a PD stem and then transferred that bud into the mini grinder from MF. I wanted to see how efficient the LB was as compared to the PD. In my opinion, it is every bit as efficient, but................I ended up using just a tad more because the LB was just so novel and so much fun to use. Now here's where it get's kind of interesting. The first one to two hits hit me MUCH faster than it did with my PD. I didn't get higher, but got higher faster while at the same time exhaling less vapor. Weird. I have no explanation for this.

And thanks to JD for that video showing how to use it. I nailed it in the first hit. No combustion and was able to get the ABV to the same very dark brown shade that I get out of my PD.

Regarding batts, while I'm new to the LB, I do know a bit about batteries and I'd like to address the issue of reading some posts that stated that the supplied batteries wore out too fast. One thing is true with the LB. It is not a slow draining device like a remote for a TV. It is a fast, high draining device, and as such, I think it would be prudent NOT to use your batts until there is no charge left in them before recharging. By doing so, you can over discharge and quickly reduce the batts capacity. It's best to charge these batts BEFORE they are totally empty.

LOVE my new toy. One PD's bowl in the trench got me blasted.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
:lol: It's about time lwien! So glad you are enjoying your new toy.

Thanks for the tip on not discharging all the way. I've noticed my initial batteries wore out pretty quickly. This may have been the reason. I am wondering if the same holds true if they discharge on their own, from lack of use?

momofthegoons,

zymos

Apologize if this has already come up somewhere in 555 pages(!), but here's something I've wondered about the batteries:
MF mentions a few times that it is detrimental to the batteries to let them get too hot (by leaving the LB "on" for too long at a time. But when you charge them, by the time the charger says they are ready, they are quite hot. At least mine- stock batteries and charger. So isn't that bad for their longevity?

I've been topping mine up after 6-7 hits. One of the main drawbacks of batteries is that you can't tell by looking at them or shaking them how much is left in them.

zymos,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
Thanks for the tip on not discharging all the way. I've noticed my initial batteries wore out pretty quickly. This may have been the reason. I am wondering if the same holds true if they discharge on their own, from lack of use?

I don't believe so, but just to be on the safe side, I'd always store my batts with some charge left in them. But again, regarding this issue, the LB has got to be the hardest and fastest draining device that I have ever seen in regards to rechargeable batteries, and being that this is the case, I can see that going into an over-discharge state could potentially be a real issue, so much so, that I think it would behove MF to include a warning on this in their lit and that it should DEFINITELY be included in the LB/Wiki page.

The old adage of not charging batteries until they are totally empty due to the "memory affect" is a thing of the past, but many people still believe this, which isn't really a problem with slow and medium draining devices, but with the LB, it can pose a real problem.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks lwien.

Well, I guess that is one more plus for using the PA when the LB is not needed as a portable. It will be interesting to see how long it takes you to get that lwien! Again, glad you finally broke down. ;) Enjoy!

momofthegoons,

lwien

zymos said:
Apologize if this has already come up somewhere in 555 pages(!), but here's something I've wondered about the batteries:
MF mentions a few times that it is detrimental to the batteries to let them get too hot (by leaving the LB "on" for too long at a time. But when you charge them, by the time the charger says they are ready, they are quite hot. At least mine- stock batteries and charger. So isn't that bad for their longevity?

I've been topping mine up after 6-7 hits. One of the main drawbacks of batteries is that you can't tell by looking at them or shaking them how much is left in them.

All batts will get warm when they reach the end of their charge unless you use a VERY slow charge rate. It's normal. Warm is ok. Too hot to hold is NOT ok.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
OMG! I am tickled to bits Lwien! Glad you gave the LB a try :) I am huge fan of them and have converted more folks to vapor with the LB than I can count. Now if you really love it for at home use, get the power adapter - you'd be blown away. Like having fresh batty all the time.

Lo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Congrats lwien! I'm glad you finally got one! It is a wonderful vaporizer, and I'm sure you will love it. :)

Vicki,

Nycdeisel

Nice, Lwien! I have found the same thing in that the Box is as efficient as the PD! I think maybe it was the smaller, more efficient hits that you got to start that made it hit you faster.

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Congrats lwien!
I look forward to hearing commentary and to following your discoveries on this new adventure! :D
582.gif

Vitolo,

lwien

Nycdeisel said:
Nice, Lwien! I have found the same thing in that the Box is as efficient as the PD! I think maybe it was the smaller, more efficient hits that you got to start that made it hit you faster.

Smaller hits hit me faster? Kinda odd, eh? I wonder why?

lwien,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Because possibly, a vapor path that is as wide in diameter as a match head... and only 2 inches long?

Vitolo,

mrfloopa

Vappy
lwien said:
Now here's where it get's kind of interesting. The first one to two hits hit me MUCH faster than it did with my PD. I didn't get higher, but got higher faster while at the same time exhaling less vapor. Weird. I have no explanation for this.

Congrats on the buy--especially since it gave a great impression! :lol:

And I've actually noticed that, too, in comparison to my WDZ. I try not to questions it too much, in case I somehow make that effect go away. :ninja:

mrfloopa,
lwien said:

First impression. I ground up my bud in my 2pc Space Case, loaded up a PD stem and then transferred that bud into the mini grinder from MF. I wanted to see how efficient the LB was as compared to the PD. In my opinion, it is every bit as efficient, but................I ended up using just a tad more because the LB was just so novel and so much fun to use. Now here's where it get's kind of interesting. The first one to two hits hit me MUCH faster than it did with my PD. I didn't get higher, but got higher faster while at the same time exhaling less vapor. Weird. I have no explanation for this.

And thanks to JD for that video showing how to use it. I nailed it in the first hit. No combustion and was able to get the ABV to the same very dark brown shade that I get out of my PD.

Regarding batts, while I'm new to the LB, I do know a bit about batteries and I'd like to address the issue of reading some posts that stated that the supplied batteries wore out too fast. One thing is true with the LB. It is not a slow draining device like a remote for a TV. It is a fast, high draining device, and as such, I think it would be prudent NOT to use your batts until there is no charge left in them before recharging. By doing so, you can over discharge and quickly reduce the batts capacity. It's best to charge these batts BEFORE they are totally empty.

wow you finally got one!!! I had actually thought you would have already went down this path, but I guess I was mistaken. You are actually the person that got me on the right path to vaping. As I was going to buy a vapir 5.0 and thanks for your education I ended up with the Da buddha instead and could not be happier. Hope you enjoy your new toy!

VapeNStone,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
lwien said:

No problemo! Glad to help!

Very nice to see you finally got one and love it like we all do!

Now we gotta get you to get a PA and WPA :)

JDSupreme,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Hey Magic Flight, when do you think the concentrate pad will be out of alpha and into beta test?
Just wondering, no rush!
I wonder what its going to look like....

MM..Food,
Pre Stoned said:
Hey Magic Flight, when do you think the concentrate pad will be out of alpha and into beta test?
Just wondering, no rush!

For real im waiting for this to make the LB complete in every way. I hope we can get an update from MF we havent heard from them in a while on FC.

Hey Magic-Flight any news to share with us?

mflb_hustler,
I just went back to hitting my box native wow what a big difference than any stem. Im re-converted to a native LOL

mflb_hustler,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Pre Stoned said:
Just wondering, no rush!

also wondering this, concentrates are the only thing i use in my launchbox anymore, and i would like to prolong its structural integrity

stroh,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I want to punch myself in face for this. I've been scraping goo off the wooden bottom chamber, carefully trying not to damage the screen. And I've just ruined its light. Oh, I just want to buy another one, because I loved the light. No $ now. :( But the unit still works, I'm pissed off at myself. BE VERY CAREFUL if you scrape the bottom chamber! Not only the screen can be teared.

Seek,

Nycdeisel

Damn, sorry about that seek, I just remembered I dont think the warranty applies to the light since it doesnt technically affect its function.

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom