willieR

Been here since 2009
willieR said:
Wonder why that is. The day I received the new unit it heated up FAST. I loved it. In a week or so, it started doing this.

The only thing I've got in my head is that the unit is warm and works better. Wondering if the rounded metal ring is too loose, and as it heats up it expands giving better contact.

Any others besides me and burnt toast experienced this?

willieR,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I have both a beta and production model PA

The beta PA requires occasional tightening. The new model one has been as solid as a rock since the day I got it! I check it every now and then and it never moves. I always check both ends.

JDSupreme,

Tritono

Hey :) Im Juan Pablo and I need to ask a couple of questions about the MFLB. I need to buy my first vape. I know the benefits of vaporizers and I need to take care of my mouth, throat and lungs (plus Im learning to singing and smoke kills my voice). I dont know very good what vape to choose. Im from Chile, I cant try or buy vapes locally here. My decision will be based in an internet investigation and then I will buy overseas. Do you think the MFLB can be a good vaporizer for daily home use? Im looking for a quality very efficient and healthy vaporizer (with very safe air-heath path) for daily home use. Some users recommended me the MFLB but I dont know if is a good option for my application. Right now, the vape that Im choosing is the SSV based in internet information. How the MFLB compare to the SSV? I like the idea of temperature control and glass path but I dont know. Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Tritono,
savethesealz said:
hi! after hours of reading fc, wondering which vape would be the best for starting my vaping career, i finally got my mflb! i haven't even tried it yet, but i love this little fella already. beautiful piece of crafting! i'm about to give it a try and will write how it went later :D

after a couple of trenches, i can say that it was definitely a great investment :D the only thing that bothers me is that the manual says to heat the box for 10s, but mine heats faster - i have to stop pushing the battery after about 4-6s. is that normal? my technique is that i push it for 4-6s, then stop and after 2-3 push it back again. please tell me if i'm doing something wrong :|

savethesealz,

Nycdeisel

Ah I knew you once mentioned you were from brooklyn(at some point in time) !

My mother has a pretty heavy NY accent but I try to do what my dad did and attempt to sound like he could be from anywhere. I have traveled enough when I was a young child I guess to not really pick it up. (I was flying before I was even a year old).

Juan Pablo, I believe you came to GC doing research as well. I will let someone else compare those two more thoroughly.

Nycdeisel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Tritono said:
I dont know very good what vape to choose.
Yes you do. You are choosing between MFLB and SSV. Both are excelent choices.
Tritono said:
Do you think the MFLB can be a good vaporizer for daily home use?
It is, I am using it much like this. But i recommend buying yourself PA also if you want your MFLB really be like destktop AND portable.
Tritono said:
Im looking for a quality very efficient and healthy vaporizer (with very safe air-heath path) for daily home use.
MFLB is quality, it is also efficient. And itr is also safe, but SSV have to be safer with it convection heating (conduction in MFLB is able to combust) and all glass air path. But still MFLB is a healthy vape. IMO a person does not need all glass airpath to keep his lungs healthy. Even smoke takes a lot of years to kill lungs.
If you are vaping less, than 4 times a day a standart MFLB kit can do it. But for home use I recomment the PA again.
Tritono said:
How the MFLB compare to the SSV?
I think these are the most obvious:
MFLB:
+small, also very portable, it can be in a pocket and the pocket still looks empty.
+fast - grab it, take a hit, put it back in pocket
+efficient - get high fast with a few hits from a tiny load.
-more difficult temp control - by draw speed. This can be eliminated by practice.

SSV:
+all glass path - ultimate healthy
+temp controll
+can give huge hits that get user blasted. I've heard it does not work that well with small loads like MFLB.
-not portable
-more expensive

Seek,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Nycdeisel said:
Ah I knew you once mentioned you were from brooklyn(at some point in time) !

My mother has a pretty heavy NY accent but I try to do what my dad did and attempt to sound like he could be from anywhere. I have traveled enough when I was a young child I guess to not really pick it up. (I was flying before I was even a year old).

Juan Pablo, I believe you came to GC doing research as well. I will let someone else compare those two more thoroughly.

I've been in the south now for 6 years and my NYC accent is going nowhere nor is my so called "potty mouth", I get crap all the time when I speak to large groups and do presentations for my company and I always says "judge my company by our services, not because I have a NY accent or I enjoy dropping the occasional "f" bomb.

Proud to say I was born and raised in the Bronx, then moved to Yonkers until I became successful enough to live in Manhattan in which I resided for many years until my relocation to NC to help build a southern region for my company.

Next stop - Headie - Colorado! I just hope its soon, its getting tougher to find the dank nugz here.

mvapes,

willieR

Been here since 2009
willieR said:
willieR said:
Wonder why that is. The day I received the new unit it heated up FAST. I loved it. In a week or so, it started doing this.

The only thing I've got in my head is that the unit is warm and works better. Wondering if the rounded metal ring is too loose, and as it heats up it expands giving better contact.

Any others besides me and burnt toast experienced this?

...Anyone? No one?

willieR,

Nycdeisel

No accent here, but the 'potty mouth' is another story.... :cuss:

haha

willie maybe your batteries are just not properly charged, try a better charger?

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I don't think the rounded ring is too loose.
There is a chance that the units work hotter when brand new, is there is not yet any impedance from debris.
over time resins build up on the two straight rods. You might notice them becoming a bit darkened, or having a bit of a fuzzy texture under an eyepiece.
You can VERY carefully use a q-tip dipped in 91% Iso... not wet, barely damp.. and swap that area of screen lightly... repeat after with the dry side. you can put the battery in for 3-5 seconds it will dry off any Iso... dont get the wood wet.
There are vids on youtube... google "MFLB Cleaning Youtube"
This may be the issue... I cant say without seeing the box.
I did clean one box using this method, and noticed an improved performance.

Vitolo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hello Vito, Thanks for that detailed reply. The unit started misbehaving after maybe a week. I never gave a crap since when it warms up it works / heats just fine. So it's very clean.

All my 2700s act this way with the LB, so it's not a bad batt.

willieR,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like my case for my MFLB (Atra "Rocket"), but when I was looking for a case for my camera, this caught my eye for 25. Of course there is shipping...... :uhoh:
but I went ahead and ordered one to see if it fits my MFLB stuff!
Sony Camera case

Vitolo,

ltdan

hi all!

I'm new here. I've been vaporizing since last year with my MFLB and it's been great!

I recently got a replacement unit due to a torn screen. The new one works very well and I'm loving the quick lock screen. I have a minor issue that has been bothering me, however. On the new unit, the metal ring feels a bit too tight, and I'm worried that it's scratching my battery. Any suggestions on how to loosen it up just a bit?

Thanks and happy vaping!

ltdan,
Vitolo said:
I don't think the rounded ring is too loose.
There is a chance that the units work hotter when brand new, is there is not yet any impedance from debris.
over time resins build up on the two straight rods. You might notice them becoming a bit darkened, or having a bit of a fuzzy texture under an eyepiece.
You can VERY carefully use a q-tip dipped in 91% Iso... not wet, barely damp.. and swap that area of screen lightly... repeat after with the dry side. you can put the battery in for 3-5 seconds it will dry off any Iso... dont get the wood wet.
There are vids on youtube... google "MFLB Cleaning Youtube"
This may be the issue... I cant say without seeing the box.
I did clean one box using this method, and noticed an improved performance.

thanks, I believe that wasn't directed to me but it was still helpful

savethesealz,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you feel the batery does not want to fit in, it is supposed to be snug.
try pushing it in, and as it touched that ring.... twist the battery as you push it farther in, and it will go in fine.
As for the battery , it will not matter 1 way or the other if the battery housing is dented, scratched or "dinged". :)

Vitolo,

ltdan

Vitolo said:
If you feel the batery does not want to fit in, it is supposed to be snug.
try pushing it in, and as it touched that ring.... twist the battery as you push it farther in, and it will go in fine.
As for the battery , it will not matter 1 way or the other if the battery housing is dented, scratched or "dinged". :)

Thanks! It's actually more that the battery itself is getting scratched when I put it in - the housing is so tight that it's leaving a mark, and I can feel the metal of the ring scratching the battery as I push it in. I guess normal use will probably loosen it up a bit, but there's a single point where the battery gets scraped every time.

ltdan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It will give your battery character..
No.. all joking aside.. it is OK.. and the marking will be slightly different from anyone elses.. so your batterys are "marked for security@!"
The battery is likely softer than the ring, and will wear in with time too.
You are fine.. enjoy that box
do a trench for me! ;)

Vitolo,
Top Bottom