nr-cole

chucku said:
Pre Stoned said:
http://www.dejavuwholesale.com/_e/VAPORIZER/product/vp109/Da_Kube_Vaporizer.htm

Blatant ripoff of the mflb?
Just posting this so Magic Flight will see so maybe they can do something about it.

It looks like the real thing was modified after a shipment 'fell off a truck'. Notice they do not show the bottom.

I'm not so sure. Overall it looks a bit thinner than my LB, plus the edges look sharp and the wood looks unfinished. Also I don't think MF ships large amounts of just the box but complete kits. That also doesn't look like a modified version of the stock LB charger.

Lots of people have made their own LBs before, so I suppose it was only a matter of time.

nr-cole,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The Launch Box has not yet been granted a patent. There are some who feel the design can't be patented, but I've seen the decisions coming out of the Patent Office and no way would I try to predict what will actually happen.

That is a wholesaler's site. There's no mention of a warranty, so probably there isn't one unless the retailer offers something. It's not something I would touch but there are always people ready to buy the cheapest thing they can find. Maybe one of them will post a review somewhere on FC.

pakalolo,

los

Phajik said:
I love this thing, But I must be a little dense. I keep combusting. Its driving me nuts. It is in my search for the "sweet spot" and I get that taste. Then when i look inside the bottom is black. Is my weed to dry? are there any tricks or safeguards I can perform? help me out guys. I love the stealth but I hate it when I screw it up.

with the lb its a preference thing, just experiment with it. definitely shake the lb after a hit, sometimes i hit the bottom of the lb with my finger to move the contents around while im taking a hit, depending how i feel. its all a matter of preference.

i would not even think of buying an lb knockoff if anything i want to support mf as they are a stand up company and we need more companies like mf in our community.

los,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
pakalolo said:
The Launch Box has not yet been granted a patent.

That makes me ask myself, "why not?"

I loathe thieves. These people trying to make a buck on an idea they stole from someone else makes them pond scum, IMO.

Vicki,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There will always be parasites, with no original thought to hang an idea formation on.
A parasite makes a fast thousand, before the crap hits the fan, and they are cut off.... doomed to find another host (thought) to feed off of ... etc... cycle continues.

Vitolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Vitolo said:
There will always be parasites, with no original thought to hang an idea formation on.
A parasite makes a fast thousand, before the crap hits the fan, and they are cut off.... doomed to find another host (thought) to feed off of ... etc... cycle continues.

Too bad we can't use a pesticide on them.

Vicki,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
When people talk about the OEM grinder, are they talking about this one from Puffitup.com?
Grinder

I'm looking for a grinder that does a nice, fine grind for the LB. I currently have a Mendo Mulcher, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

sydnee,

vapirtoo

Hey fellow lber's
I took magic flytes hint and began to modulate the heat not only with my draw speed,
but now with the dial of the power adapter.
I always thought of the LB as a flute that allowed you to orchestrate your own high;
an instument that rewarded virtousity. :brow:
Now with the power adapter, the variable temps allow for a brutally fast warm-up
then a dial down to a heat that feels great with the pull. ( native )
No more micro hitting, no more scorched herbs, just a uniform darkening of
the herb along with a more precise control of vapor release. :ko:
The work continues. :lol:

vapirtoo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sydnee said:
Thanks, Vito.

One more question: is the grinder on Puffitup.com the same one sold by Magic Flight as seen here:
grinder
It sure looks like it from the design. I can't be dead certain, but I am pretty sure it is.
I got mine from Puffitup, where it did cost more, but there was free shipping and I added it to other oredered items. It is lower in cost at Magic Flights page, I did not figure in the shipping.
They come in two types- one with magnet and one without...
If you order, you might add as a comment that you would like the magnet version... as the general consensus is that it works better.

Vitolo,

CutePanda

I second Vitolo as I have the magnetic OEM one. Grinds very fine which is prefect for the launch box. Well worth the $

CutePanda,

elevation

Hi all,

I think i'm ready to buy the WPA and a bong for it. I already found a bong which is pretty cheap but looks good for this purpose. (small bong with a downstem) Some of you here seem to know a lot more about bongs than me, and i hope you will be able to tell if :
1. it will work with my WA
2. i need the extra adapter (19 mm)

This was the one i was looking at.
http://azarius.nl/headshop/bongs/glass_bongs/bong_glass_droopy/#

:peace:

elevation,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It looks like it may be very small, but will work... BUT--->
You do not need a 19mm downstem.
You need a 14 mm downstem to fit the MFLB WPA...
or else you will have to also buy a 14/19mm adapter piece.
The bong you are looking at comes with a "chillum" or "smoking" downstem.

Vitolo,

colly

Hey all!

I've been quite busy and have not checked up on recent MFLB concerning news in the past few months.

Would anybody mind giving me a very brief rundown on what has happened since I last checked this? I know you hate doing this, but the last thing I remember is MagicFlight posting in here some time ago about a new glass attachment, the wooden one.

Any update long or short is appreciated, thank you all!!

colly,

Vitolo

Vaporist
colly said:
Any update long or short is appreciated, thank you all!!
It has all happened.
All of your dreams have come true, except those you have not dared to dream.
PA is the bomb.
WPA works like a charm...
The box clicks shut with a latch so fine...
Sho' am glad the box is mine!

Vitolo,
Just got my first warranty replacement after about a year and a half of use. MFLB shipped me out a new one and I had it within two days - I need to ship back my old one but they didn't need to wait for it or anything.

The new, lighter wood of the maple is growing on me. The new unit runs WAY hotter than my old one. I know newer boxes sometimes have a period of running excessively hot, but man, I really need to be conscious to inhale three or four times as quickly as I was with my first box.

charliedontsurf,

elevation

Vitolo said:
It looks like it may be very small, but will work... BUT--->
You do not need a 19mm downstem.
You need a 14 mm downstem to fit the MFLB WPA...
or else you will have to also buy a 14/19mm adapter piece.
The bong you are looking at comes with a "chillum" or "smoking" downstem.

Hi Vito,

Wouldn't the adapter fit in the place when i take that "smoking" downstem out like on picture 3?
If not, are these 14 mm downstems hard to come by or would it be better to just look for another bong?
I really love my MFLB but seeing everybody taking monster hits of their bongs makes me jeaulous lol. :p

elevation,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The adapter would only fill the little hole... but would not extend down into the water.
Here are a couple of bongs with proper downstems that would fit the WPA.
DSC00103.jpg

Watch this video to see me slide the stem out of one of these.
Glass bong and 14m downnstem
the WPA fits onto the top of that downstem. ;)

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
So I emailed magic flight mentioning that when I use my PA im not getting consistent power. I've eliminated the issue from potentially being the box but the batteries work just fine. MF emailed me saying that using a paper clip I can tighten the caps on each end of the battery at the end of the PA. Ive tried it a few times and have gone through about a dozen paper clips with no success. Looking for some advice if anyone can help.

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The week link could be where the transformer plugs into the unit itself. Remove and plug that in, and turn to assure good contact. (can't hurt to try!)

Vitolo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Vitolo said:
The week link could be where the transformer plugs into the unit itself. Remove and plug that in, and turn to assure good contact. (can't hurt to try!)

That is what I thought, but I was told that if you look at the negative and positive side of the power adapter battery you will see two small indents. This part is true! They said take a paper clip, break it in half and using the two open points as a mock screw driver try and tighten each side. I tried and (a) the paper clips regardless of how big aren't strong enough to work and because its a paper clip its difficult to get a good grip that works. I was hoping they were goingto say just send back the PA for warranty but all of a sudden its like they want me to fix it myself and it isnt working.

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Do not feel that they deserted you on this. They are just suggesting the traditional fix that others have found successful.
Warranty work entails extra shipping costs also.
Try what I recommended, and what they recommended.
if you felt no success with the paper clip, try a thicker gauge paper clip.
Check the connection where I told you .. then the wall also.. eliminate every possibilty.
If you have no success... also check that the "mock battery" is in all the way....
and then contact them again.
It is possible that they have had many calls on similar cases that were all resolved easily, and did not want to waste time until you tried the "kwik fix"

Vitolo,

elevation

Vitolo said:
The adapter would only fill the little hole... but would not extend down into the water.

I understand now! I am new to the whole bong thing but it makes total sense now.
My bong search continues...................

:peace:

elevation,
Top Bottom