mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
stroh said:
max said:
JDSupreme said:
Buying a vape from ebay or amazon is out of the question in my book.
Dealers like Vapenow and Vapeworld started out on eBay, and without eBay as a launching pad, they may not have been able to make it, or would still be struggling. Some solid dealers and manufacturers still sell on eBay and in some cases offer better pricing there (especially if you're not an FC member, with access to discount codes). With eBay or Amazon, you just have to make sure it's your best price, and preferably know who you're buying from.

i agree, ebay sellers can be quite reputable, i purchased my first launch box kit off ebay for 90 dollars, and it was 100% legitimate, though i snagged my current box from blisssville.

It's just like anything else, do your research before you buy. Now, I've dealt with shit sellers on both Amazon and Ebay but I've also found good deals on equiptment on both sites too. I think we've been trained to expect alot from manufacturers as we've all had the pleasure of being spoiled by the people at Magic Flight. They have truly set the bar high for others.

I just hope the others learn from them, especially Vapir...ehem :2c:

mvapes,

Blood420

Nycdeisel said:
Probably cause you didnt order from one of the two places that are guaranteed to have the newest model and kit.

I ordered it from Vapeworld, I didn't even know that there were different versions of the model until today. Doh! Wish I could rectify that, bb would be so handy...

Blood420,

Bun.it

I thought I was up to date with it all, never seen the BB lock.
Kind of annoyed I need to use an elastic band.

Bun.it,

Zaph

I got my PA yesterday and I love it. It completely changed the MFLB for me. Sadly, it also means that my HerbalAire is going to start collecting dust. I guess I can always use it in the event that I'm in the mood for bags.*

*I understand that some people swear by the HA's "direct draw", but I must be breathing incorrectly, because I was never able to blow out any visible vapour after inhaling from it. For the MFLB, I have the technique down.

Zaph,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Especially with MFLB.... if you snooze you lose.
It's so damn true.
If you miss a week.. you miss innovations, and members discoveries as well, and need to be brought up to speed.
I recommend if you are an occasional lurker... MARK the date of your last visit, so you can dive in where you left off! :cool:

Vitolo,

Blood420

I actually thought I was getting the most up to date one because it came with the stash tin and travel pouch :lol: Can anybody point me in the direction of a trustworthy site that sells the newer ones?

Blood420,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
stroh said:
one is never up to date unless they've been lurking FC religiously ;)

haha with how fast thing happen and change around here it's true. Just look at Arizer Solo thread. It's like riding a roller coaster :lol:

aesthyrian,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
WatTyler said:
CT Power Tools ... say in their terms:
... Magic Flight vaporizers must be returned directly to CT POWER TOOLS for warranty repair or replacement at our sole discretion. ... Warranty does not cover abuse, wear, lost or stolen units.

Hi,

The basic scam here is that CT Power Tools is attempting to substitute their own lessor version of a "warranty" in place of the Magic Flight Warranty, while making it seem as if they are the same. People who are expecting to get the high level of customer support associated with the Magic-Flight warranty are instead expected to deal with the CT Power Tool version. It is your classic 'bait and switch' tactic. There are a number of specific points to keep in mind about the above "terms":.

1) CT Power Tools is not qualified and is not equipped to properly evaluate the function of or "repair" a Launch Box. These are things that only we, as the manufacturer, could be expected to do properly, given our total knowledge of the product. With respect to our own warranty, CT Power Tools does *not* have the right to make the determination as to whether to attempt to make a repair or not. That is _our_ choice, as the manufacturer -- not that of any sales agency, store, distributor, or other middleman. We specifically request (our sales policy requires) that all of our national vendors forward all warranty support directly to our dedicated support system (BlissSville.com). This is not to make it easier for the vendors (although it does that also). This is specifically so that we can ensure that ALL customers can get direct, immediate, and knowledgeable support. Trying to coordinate such an effort through any number of distributors and vendors, each of which would have different levels of training, opinions, decisions, and different communication styles, would be a very frustrating customer experience. We like our customers -- we want everyone to treat them well. CT Power Tools, in our opinion, has not been treating their customers well -- this is in direct violation of our terms of business.

2) By their own declaration, CT Power Tools is requiring that all customers return the unit *prior* to any determination being made as to the disposition of the purchased unit. This means that any customer which is having a problem with the unit must bear the cost of mailing it to CT Power tools. This is inconvenient for the customer, particularly IF it happens that the problem is one of user technique. CT Power Tools is not qualified (and probably not willing) to communicate reasonably with the user and diagnose possible user technique issues and suggest immediate and helpful corrective actions -- these are things that could save both user considerable time and money. Furthermore, if it is determined via our own expert communication with the customer that the unit is itself at fault, our own warranty policy is to _minimize_down_time_ for the user. In contrast to their warranty, we will mail the replacement unit without making the customer wait for us to receive the broken unit via the postal service. This saves the customer days or weeks of needless waiting.

3) The Magic-Flight Warranty is much stronger than the "CT Power Tool" version. In particular, Magic-Flight *does* cover units which are somehow "worn" to the point of non-functionality. While we do not cover deliberate intentional destruction, we *will* cover nearly everything else that other vendors would label "abuse" for the sake of evading the costs of warrantying their products. Magic-Flight loves that people are able to use our products and will do whatever we can to ensure that they continue to remain useful to our customers indefinately. Most vendors, in contrast, simply want to "make their money" and that is all -- no philosophy -- no love -- no interest in communication. For example, how much 'personality' do they have, when their posted replies to all queries is an attempt to end conversations, rather than to start them and keep them going, as we do?

In short, the CT Power Tools implements a bait and switch regarding the Magic-Flight warranty, philosophy of doing business, and overall customer experience. It detracts from the overall message we are trying to convey and undermines the trust that we have worked so hard to build. Their version of the warranty is cheaper and much more frustrating for the consumer. The purchase cost we set for the unit is designed to cover all warranty claims and ensure that the customer experience is a graceful one. CT Power Tools attempts to substitute a 'cheaper' look alike version of the warranty and pocket the difference in 'lowered support costs'. Like so many other (most) businesses, they have no regard for the consumer -- they only care about making the sale and minimizing all other expenses. It is sad.

In short, if you want the best possible customer experience, the newest products, newest versions, etc, we strongly recommend that you consult our own direct website (magic-flight.com) for sales, service, and support. If you love the Box and you love us as the maker of the Box, is it not best to show that support to us directly?

Finally, I should note that these comments are not about Ebay or Amazon in themselves -- they are a commentary and opinion about some of the businesses that operate *through* Ebay and Amazon. While we do not do any selling on either of these domains, we have made purchases there for some items in the past and have been very satisfied. It helps to do your research in advance and know who you are actually buying from.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

stroh

errl enthusiast
^^ summed up perfectly by the (wo)man(myth, legend?) (her?)himself,

magic flight's incredible philosophy and love for their product and customers is reason enough that one should purchase directly from them (before anyone gets on my case, MF did not have a sales page until recently.)

stroh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
And what is CT Powertool's motive? They could alleviate themselves of any work or worry... by not saying anything!
Ahhh....
Perhaps some kind of power trip to make themselves seem important in the "scheme of things".
They want to be more than a seller.. they want to feel in control of the destiny of others!
Maybe even they are a bit desperate for the "traffic" to justify one department or another's existence.

Dear Magic Flight.. I apologize for badmouthing.... We love you and I get defensive!

Vitolo,

Dberm

Lost one of my best friends last night to sloppy drunkness. It was around last call and not only was I very drunk but I had to poop... Like immediately. Went to the bathroom for some relief and decided to hit my LB while on the can and this is where things go south.

I dropped it in! Right on top of my steaming pile of fresh dookie. I couldn't believe it. I was dumbfounded. What do I do? Leave it? Flush it? Decided to say fuck it I'm grabbing it. I cleaned it up with soap and water as best I could, but when it comes down to it there is no way I can use this thing again knowing where it's been... Plus it still kind of smells despite my efforts.

I'm just really bummed. I loved this thing to no end, raved about it to all my friends and customers, took it everywhere and anywhere. I feel like I formed a closer bond with this little box than I have with any of my other pieces and now it's just a reminder of how stupid I get when I get drunk.

I've heard all about MF's legendary customer service and I can't help but wonder if there's ANY chance of me being able to get a warranty replacement?

Dberm,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Dberm, that story is so funny that if Magic-Flight won't cover it under warranty, I'll buy you a replacement (LB only). Just let me know how it works out.

Oh, one condition: you have to promise not to get that drunk again.

pakalolo,

Dberm

Hahaha right on pakalolo! Hopefully I wont need to take you up on that offer... We'll see what happens, I guess it's worth a shot to try and email MF. I mean I know others have had good luck with their service... I just hope they respond soon because I dont know how much longer I can keep this stinky thing around!

I'm already going to be a lifelong supporter of this product and its creators, but if they came through for me on this that would just reinforce the fact that I'm supporting a legit company that really cares about its customers!

Dberm,

Blood420

Dberm that is freaking hillarious :lol:

I don't know if they'd replace it though, I mean, it's not exactly "defective", is? Just stinky :)

Oh and thanks so much to Vito for those links!

Blood420,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I just can't stop singing the praises of this company. I have had several exchanges with them, over the last couple of days. Delia is absolutely charming (and I like to fantasize, hot as Hell!). Her name must be short for Delightful. If I weren't married and 44... I would move South, court her and marry that woman. If she goes all out like this for customers, she must really spoil (in a good way), whomever has her heart.

Yes... I'm in love. Leave me alone and let me go with it for a while!

I almost feel like I'm ratting them out, with revealing the deal they made me. Its so good... I feel like a family friend that gets all the perks. But, then you realize after communicating with them... YOU ARE family. In this day and age, they are certainly a throw-back.

Anyway... to get to the meat of it. I'm getting a whole new package. I directed MF to my original forum post and the details of what was going on. Within very short order, I received an email from Delia asking me for pictures. I sent her what I had, plus the blown up portion. Her very next email to me, was thanking me for bringing this to their attention, a request to pack it up, send it to them... and in return they would replace the whole package! Wait a second? I paid some crook $119, the victims (MF) are going to take it off my hands and give me the Real Deal? Someone pinch me... I must be dreaming.

Did I mention, how much I love Delia? :cool:

So I anxiously await my union, with my new MFLB, that according to Delia... she picked out personally (I think she loves me to).

P.S. I'm not so naive as to believe Delia loves me, nor am I so shallow that I would fall in love with someone I don't really know. Was just going with the good vibe flow. Of course, if she's interested... :brow:

BigDaddyVapor,

Dberm

The MF clears my head if anything, it's that damn pbr and whiskey that gets me shit-faced!

I have no idea if they'd replace it. I haven't had the guts to move it since being sober let alone turn the thing on... I hate to think what THAT would smell like with how it is now.

I dont expect them to replace it and I wouldn't hold it against them if they didn't, but the warranty does mention something to the effect of if your stupidity ruins this device we'll replace it. I'd definitely say this falls under the stupidity category! I am just bummed because I lost my favorite portable vaporizer and I'm not in a situation to replace it anytime soon.

Dberm,

Dberm

HAHAHA I really hope they dont want me to ship this thing! I cant even imagine trying to explain to someone at UPS why I'm shipping a poopy wood box!

Dberm,

sundaddy

Wow, that story makes me want to wax my box really good, or get one of those rubber covers.

sundaddy,
Top Bottom