stroh

errl enthusiast
yes i have a 4 level sharpstone, and i simply hold the grinder at an angle nearly upside down when i grind for my launch box, and it works just fine. it also collects kief quite well, which is always a nice topping to a trench :brow:

lately though i've mostly been vaping oil only in the box. i realize that this will eventually build up on the screen, but gawddamn does it work well and i love watchin the oil melt and bubble :D

stroh,

Nycdeisel

This question is aimed towards any users who use the CURRENT stock batteries(powerex 2400s) with the MH-C9000 charger: What charge rate do you find optimal or best? I know the instructions have guidelines but I want to hear what you guys have experienced with it!

Nycdeisel,

CutePanda

@ NYC

I received 8 brand new Powerex Imedion 2400's 2 days ago. I put 2 through break-in using 2400mah and they both ended up with capacities around 2200. I also decided to cycle 2 instead of using break-in using using 1200ma for charge and 600ma for discharge and they came back around 2200 as well. I now have both in break-in mode so I will report back with results.

I know that my 2700's are within the correct range because all 4 are above 2500mah for capacity. I have used break-in less than 2x as well as refresh and analyze less than 2x for them.

In conclusion, I really wish they would have higher capacities, but fully charged 2700's can easily get through 2 trenches or more.

CutePanda,

Smokey

Cloud Master
With new 2400 powerex I'm able to scorch a pair of trenches, I have 4 batteries and use them in couple so they won't get too hot.

Smokey,

judasajt

I was just wondering if it would be able to work with some salvia. Ive looked everywhere and there hasnt been any comment on it

judasajt,

Mechtradevil20

Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich Enthusiast
Well, not to be chiding but I suspect you haven't looked everywhere, as the information is certainly out there, and to put it short: Yes, you can vaporize Salvia. I've no experience with this personally although I have smoked Salvia Divinorum six times. Vaporizing it is supposed to produce a more controllable and less unpleasant high for some of those who choose to divine into the depths of the sage conciousness. I always found that state too brief and yet too long, and to fight the nature of the state was necessary to me all but one time I experienced it. I suppose I would be interested in trying salvia at one point through vaporization, but I would do a quick google search or see if other responses crop up just to make sure you know everything you'd like to know.
Do you have prior experience with Salvia?

A note, off-topic to all this but on-topic to the current consciousness station my brain train's just left me off at; Magic Flight I believe to be a dual nightly blessing, and there's infinite room for both Love and easy-going second guessing. An insomniac's best friend and a Nocturnal's peacefully energizing companion, it suits all those that can accept a simple joy and allow that ringing sound, joy, joy, joy, joy.

A secondary addition: To those who have the higher powered batteries, (powerex 2700, right?) would you mind providing any links to the sites you consider best for purchasing those? I was going to order a pair of batteries from Blisssville last week but the check-out button was broken or something, and in any case I won't be buying a power adaptor anytime soon due to financial straits stealth concerns, etc. Batteries do me good like they should, but I want the highest power I can get, not for hotter vaping, but extended time.
Thanks!
Nate

Mechtradevil20,

Smokey

Cloud Master
FCambonyaB.jpg

Ed's ambonya stem arrived today! The LB definitely looks amazing now, all bomb buttered up :o

Smokey,

Tim

^ Great looking stem, Smokey. I love the quote on the back! It's changed my day for the better a few times.

Tim,

Nycdeisel

I also enjoy the other side of the box

thanks for the input, I put them through a break in once already, not doing it again cause they work as well as I could ask for(2700s might be better but I dont want it that hot).

I just want to charge them when I have used up all the juice :)
I will experiment with different rates, I just dont want it to take forever to charge two batteries, which is all I brought with me. yup, I was dumb and didnt bring backup batteries with me while away from home, but its a short while so I should be good.

I will report back after a couple charges

Nycdeisel,

Smokey

Cloud Master
Vitolo said:
I saw the Amboyna stems flip side.. this side is even better looking!
Yeah vito! This side has more random woody patterns! Can't believe how little it is, and how complex his grain is.

Smokey,

Nycdeisel

Nice! I havent tried it but I do use Buzz Butter(which is rather plain, no fragrance or anything that I know of in it) on mine.
(seeing that wood stem is making me want one too!)

And the LB is so reliable that I dont feel the slightest bit uncomfortable having only two batteries to use!!! :)

Nycdeisel,

Nycdeisel

:D

This is probably the most reliable vape I own next to the PD(PD maybe a little more so just because it just plugs in).

I have like a new MFLB kit now, since I got the MH-C9000 charger, which came with a nice roomy case. It has room for the big charger, the plug for it, my LB kit(in the coffin case, its similar to Vitos case), room for way more batteries then I would ever need, plus my travel herb containers(SC cylinder and a Cool Jarz) still with room for a bunch of other stuff too! It all fits very comfortably!
I also put the MFLB into a smelly proof bag inside the coffin case just as an extra measure(with rubber band securing stem and brush along side it) ;)
how do ya like THAT!

Nycdeisel,

sundaddy

I keep a rotation of 16 batteries going, each set of 4 have a small strip of duct tape on the bottom, that go from skinny (1/8") and get fatter 'til the 4th one has a strip about 3/4" of an inch wide to tell them apart. Keep them in the 4-pack plastic they came in, and when one is drained, I turn it upside down.

sundaddy,

weedemon

enthusiast
Mechtradevil20 said:
A secondary addition: To those who have the higher powered batteries, (powerex 2700, right?) would you mind providing any links to the sites you consider best for purchasing those?

i see you are kinda new here so first off: Welcome!

regarding batteries, i like newegg.com. I got the charger and the batteries thrown in for free and saved 20 bucks off the normal price for the charger. 10 off as a new signup then the item was 10 bucks off to begin with!

lucky timing for me i guess. :p i'd still buy the batteries form there anyways though

weedemon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
luchiano said:
... can you raise the temperature ... using the power adapter by slowly turning the wheel or will you have to let it heat up first like other vaporizers? In other words can I inhale while turning the wheel to raise the temperature to release substances I want to give a concentrated hit for those times I just want a hard hitting, fast high?

Hi,

Yes, you can. The heat-up time is very very short -- shorter than the time it takes you to read this sentence! The PA works very similar to a battery. In addition to breath control, the PA has the added bonus of being able to both turn the dial AND you can pulse the button -- all to control the heat. All three techniques (breath, energy, and pulse) can be used in combination for a rather wide variety of heating situations.

It has been our experience that using these three methods together affords the Box with the widest possible variety of usage techniques and the most psychologically precise method of delivery of herbal material possible. For any of the of the techniques resulting from being able to independently vary the three variables of breath, energy, and pulse, the short draw channel and the near instant heat-up provides for fast feedback and near perfect sensitivity to taste. It is the perfect combination for maximum control and consumption -- a connoisseurs dream.

Consider: only a tool that gives you BOTH a direct first hand experiential knowledge of all that is actually going on chamber AND which also gives you an effective set of tools to manipulate and change and adjust what is happening, has any chance of really being useful. By encompassing all of the wide variety of available herbs and personal usage preferences, we believe the PA enabled Box to be the best possible device for the discriminating tastes of the intelligent user. With each Box, you can see, feel, and taste what is going on rather than to have just one variable indirectly and inaccurately reported through some sort of digital display. Also, the PA enabled Box allows the user to have complete authority over all aspects of what is happening in the herb chamber. You can control both the rate and the energy delivered to the herb, and the rate and energy removed from the herb (via airflow control). The Box even provides control of the mechanical aspects of herb positioning -- it is easy to shake and stir the contents without even opening the device. By having a true knowledge and understanding of the tool and the herb, real experience, one gains true choice. We believe in enabling your choice!

For example, if you are interested in a fuller range of temperatures/taste, you may want to look at the technique called "micro-hitting" (elsewhere on this thread or in the Vaporpedia -- see link at the top of this page). Another technique alternative is that you can set the PA to near maximum and then alternately pulse the button, short draw, and shake. With careful control of the timing and duration of the PA button press, you can get a very full range of temperatures. Naturally, you will want to experiment (gently!) with these parameters, changing things slowly while remaining sensitive to the taste (all the while) so that you do not overshoot into combustion.

Given your description, I suggest that you start by gradually shortening the duration of each draw/hit and gradually lengthening the time between each micro-hit while keeping the draw rate fairly slow. Once you have explored that, try the PA at the normal battery equivalent setting (70% on the dial). and repeating your experiments. Remember to shake the box contents frequently (a fine grind is important to enable that!). Then, once you have mastered micro-hitting with the PA, try dialing up the PA and instead of holding the power constant, control the pulses in synchronization with your draws. There is a whole world of new usage techniques available with the PA enabled Box that has hardly even been explored yet.

Good Luck and Smooth Sailing!
-- Magic-Flight

PS: We are releasing the Water-Pipe adapter *very* soon -- you may want to check that out too.

magicflight,

luchiano

Thanks for those tips. You can do so much techniques with this thing, it's like being a vape ninja!.

The tip on gradually shortening, slow draws and extending the time between each hit is much better than my long slow hit as far as less heat irritation. I really appreciate that tip.

luchiano,

illerrre

Where is the best place to buy it if I live in the EU?

I've heard it's a life time guarantee, is that correct? How does that work?

How much weed can fit in it?

Does it break easily? I'm a bit clumsy...

Is this the best portable vaporizer?

Is it easy to burn the herb? I'm very used to my Da buddah and rarely burns it. Will I be fine with the mflb too?

illerrre,

Irie

Chant Down Babylon
I have say, so far at least, this is my favorite vape.
Taste, variable temp, conservation and stealth all in ONE package.
:ninja: Whomever said vape-ninja above is 100% correct.

Irie,

Vitolo

Vaporist
illerrre said:
Where is the best place to buy it if I live in the EU?...... etc....etc
I do not know where the best place to ship to EU is. I prefer BlissSville, and PuffitUp.. but do not know their policies.
as to the other questions:

I've heard it's a life time guarantee, is that correct? How does that work?
Yes. Anything goes wrong... they have you take a picture and the send you a new box with instructions on how to clean and return the damaged unit.
How much weed can fit in it?
Look at trench images in the past posts. You can fit a small amount, but can take larger loads.
Does it break easily? I'm a bit clumsy...
No.. you would have to be very clumsy... it is not very breakable, just be gentle with screen... by using provided brush!
Is this the best portable vaporizer?
It is the stealthiest of portable vapes, with the smallest power source. Many versatile uses.
Is it easy to burn the herb? I'm very used to my Da buddah and rarely burns it. Will I be fine with the mflb too?
You will need to learn to use it well. This vape can char the herb if you do not read the instructions. It is easy to use without ever charring the load. I use it daily and never char.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom