Hey FC! Long time lurker here. I've had my mflb for a few months now and its been absolutely great. Great customer service too! Its so small but so powerful, and it saves me a whole lot of herb. Only need a little layer to get my flying haha (lightweight, but its good for me).

Kingston said:
hey guys, long time lurker here :)

Another thing is the Bubbler from dealetxreme, i ordered it around the 13th and the status hasn't changed since (Status: On 6/13/2011: Waiting for Supplier) anyone ordered it at the same time and already got it?

Yeah I ordered one on the 21st and it says the same thing for me.

PeopleWhoAnnoyU,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I've finished the trench, got baked. But when I've put the stem out, I've found some tiny piece of wire stuck in it (See the picture). I've thought it was the light wire and immediately tested the light. It still glowed, so I was confused like what the f* is this wire and when it came from? So I looked on it at good lightning and found what was missing. I think I am lucky it didn't damage the screen nor my throat.
unled1yui.png

Seek,

Pinion13

I just pulverized a nice amount of herb, stems, seeds everything in this little coffee grinder

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004S9CY

Seriously in a few seconds it was fluffy mflb grind perfection. You don't really lose much if any material because it's all contained in the main chamber and you can dust it out with the included brush or ideally a slightly larger brush. If a mysterious sticky substance develops, it's always on the stainless steel bottom portion of the chamber.

It sits in the trench so nicely it's actually restricting the airflow more than I'm accustomed to, and the hits are thicker. The stems are just white slivers, lol. Love this thing.

It looks like I'm going to have several new - lightly used hand grinders for sale.

Pinion13,

Lily

Alright, this may be a bit premature but I wanted to post my review of the MFLB. I've had it for just a little over 24 hours now. :p

Definitely count me as yet another happy customer. First of all Blissville was great, very communicative and speedy on the processing. Shipping was fast - I got it 2 days earlier than expected.:D

The MFLB itself has been a great introduction to vaping, easy to use and operate even for someone with stiff pained hands, I am still experiencing a learning curve but only with figuring out how to regulate the amount and perhaps temperature - so that I don't get too much or too little or the wrong effect.

It only takes 5 seconds for vapor to start forming at which point I start drawing and I have been getting consistently smooth hits, even somewhat cloudy ones with no problem (yes in my noobishness I have wasted some vapor, lol).

I have taken probably 4 light draws off of one trench, shaking after each one and the material is only slightly less green than it was before - I keep expecting to see it turn brown but I remind myself it is obviously working. Smoking got to me enough that I haven't had but maybe 4 or 5 pipe hits of herb over the past few months, so I am guessing that what is going on is my tolerance for herb has reset and because of that, I am not needing to hit it as hard so it's taking longer for it to turn brown. Do I have the right idea? Or could the MFLB be running cool?

Also, where are people getting the power adapter from? I have looked all over MF's website, blissville, and puffitup and I can't find it for sale anywhere.

Lily,

Nycdeisel

If you are inhaling and exhaling vapor, and feeling the hits, then its working! do you not feel the desired effects from it?

It will take more then 4 or 5 draws to start turning brown IME. however different strains might turn different colors. for example, some herb will be become very dark towards when its finished, while others might only have slightly browned throughout by the end of the trench. You can tell by the smell and taste more then anything whether its done vaping. In addition, not everyone vapes it until absolutely nothing is left. it depends what you want to do with your ABV.

and seeing a little bit of vapor is usually ok ;) as long as you try to hold your hits for at least 10seconds

How are you grinding up your stuff? the MFLB likes a very fine grind.

Nycdeisel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
The learning curve is simple.
MFLB + potent + dry + powdered + not overfill + fresh battery + slow steady draw + shakes = :ko:

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Lily said:
Alright, this may be a bit premature but I wanted to post my review of the MFLB. I've had it for just a little over 24 hours now.
Also, where are people getting the power adapter from? I have looked all over MF's website, blissville, and puffitup and I can't find it for sale anywhere.
PA for MFLB
Just keep going, and it will brown. You have the right idea... shake often, and rehit... keeping it from getting too dark at once.
Important question is... are you "medicated"?

Vitolo,

Lily

Nycdeisel said:
If you are inhaling and exhaling vapor, and feeling the hits, then its working! do you not feel the desired effects from it?
How are you grinding up your stuff? the MFLB likes a very fine grind.

Thanks for the advice/answers! Yes, I am getting the desired results, for sure. And I used a coffee grinder that said it was good for herbs too on the box (my thought in the store... herbs, huh? bwahaha). Unfortunately I can tell this may not be a good method long term since it seems like it will get gunked up pretty quickly. :( But the included hand grinder was just too small and painful for my hands.

Vitolo said:
PA for MFLB
Just keep going, and it will brown. You have the right idea... shake often, and rehit... keeping it from getting too dark at once.
Important question is... are you "medicated"?

Thanks! You are one helpful dude. ;) lol

Yes I am, although I haven't gotten a handle on consistently getting the level of medication I want, I know that it is working because one draw was waaaaay too much and I had to talk myself down from a panic attack for half an hour. It's been years since that happened. Fun times. :D :lol:

So it's just a matter of learning :)

Lily,

Nycdeisel

Many people use a coffee grinder, but I prefer metal herb grinders, specifically the OEM grinder from puffitup, after having ground it in my medium 2 piece SC [Space Case].

Fine is good, and coffee grinders can get it finer than pretty much any other method, you just dont want it completely powder. you want it very close, though.

Glad you have realized how efficient vaporizing is! I get so much more out of it then I ever could with smoking. I love my Box!

Nycdeisel,

Pinion13

Coffee grind dust. I could have let it go longer or removed some of the twig like stems but it turned out nice for less than 30 seconds grinding. :cool:

filtered to look more appealing or something? I don't remember what I was going for exactly.

Edit - No don't fill you trench that high. With a fine grind like that, I like to go a little above the top of the trench. Coarser grind, slightly below the walls of the trench. Read the pamphlet that should have come with your mf everyone.

Pinion13,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Lily said:
Unfortunately I can tell this may not be a good method long term since it seems like it will get gunked up pretty quickly. :(
If you will dry your herb well before use in the Box, it will slow the gunking process a lot. Also it will be vaped much faster. I vape only dry herbs and it's still clean as new.

Seek,
Vitolo said:
On a positive note, I was just at a meeting with members of the AZ Cannabis Society...
Using batteries only, the box made it's rounds through 7 1st time users... in primo condition... and all were impressed, and all asked for a weblink! :)
this kind of happen to me as well. I was at the frisbee golf course and on hole 12 we consider it "bowl hole" because its generally where everyone sits for a toke. Well me and 4 other dudes were sitting there smoking a bowl and I had brought my MFLB with me. Me and my one buddy know it well but the other 2 didn't at all. Then a ground of 6 more people we knew came walking up as it was going around so they joined in. The MFLB with the powerx batteries went through the whole crowd of people and made its way back to me still with hits in the one trench. Now granted they all probably weren't hitting it properly, so not all were getting full hits. But, it still lasted and everyone was very intrigued on the unit.

VapeNStone,
Nycdeisel said:
and the award for fullest trench goes to.....

:lol:
I was going to say. Do you really fill your trench that high? Because I have found that it works the best when you have just a little bit in it where it fills the trench itself but doesn't go over the walls.

VapeNStone,

stroh

errl enthusiast
yeah that looks like a pretty decent trench size. i usually slightly underload my trenches, especially on the go to save battery life.

stroh,

CutePanda

I pack about half what you pack NYC and that's what I consider my ideal full trench. My favorite trench consists of a thin layer of herb with some kief on the top.

On a side note, I have found that the original 2400 stock batteries that I got with my box back in February allow me to milk the vapor for about 4-5 seconds before hitting it. With the 2700's, I will achieve combustion if I try to milk longer than about 2 seconds so I'm still looking for my technique.

CutePanda,

Nycdeisel

Damn, really??

Cause when I pack any less then that, or a 'small trench', I find that it just doesnt hit as well, it works soooooo much better IME when using at least the amount shown in my picture.

I also need new batteries, I want the ones that currently come with the kit :)

Nycdeisel,

hereatlast

Same here, I usually pack about half of that trench at a finer grind (particular to the MFLB) with great results.

hereatlast,

CutePanda

Yeah and that's the amount that gets me bakedddddd and puts me in space. But now you have me second guessing myself. When I vape next, I am going to fill my trench about halfway like yours and test it out to see if I get better hits. I expect to reach the moon after that trench.

I just looked at my battery and it says AL-AA 2000LD which means that I do not have the 2400's. I bought my original box on ebay so I thought it would have come with the 2400's, but I guess not. I am satisfied with the way they work, but will definitely be ordering a pair from Blissville. I don't need them because I use my box at home the most and have the PA, but I want them. :lol:

PS: Maybe later I'll take a pic of my "fat" trench. Haha.

CutePanda,
Top Bottom