Nycdeisel

Yea I grind a bit finer then that now but I refuse to use coffee grinders so I use my medium 2 piece SC and then the mini OEM grinder.

Its a little hard to see exactly how much is in that trench in the pic, but it gives a good guess for most. Its more then half way full for sure, but on the left side where its very low on the end is deceiving.

I may find different results in the future with different batteries

Nycdeisel,

Pinion13

Nycdeisel said:
for me, this is a fairly full trench(could load a bit more if I wanted to though)
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC037212.jpg

That's a tasty looking box. :brow:. Trench looks about perfect for that grind, and that's definitely not mids. Yum.

Edit again - Whoever suggested burt's bees lip balm for conditioning the box was spot on. Keeps your lips nice, keeps the mf nice. Nice

Pinion13,

weedemon

enthusiast
Nycdeisel said:
for me, this is a fairly full trench(could load a bit more if I wanted to though)

how new is that box? my trench is filthy by comparison. it's damn near black on the bottom. :p still works a charm, but my comparison yours looks new!

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

Thanks again Vito :cool: didnt see your post before.

thats actually a slightly old shot. That Box was the one that I got to replace the other, sent back the old one and Im left with a new LB with warranty :D great MF service!

Thank you all for the kind words, and I still am loading up that quality stuff in ALL of my vapes! I recognize the differences in taste from vape to vape with the same strain, and the MFLB really shows pure flavor, the short vapor path really helps in that area too!

I have put at least a few grams through my Box by now and it still looks nice and clean. those little brushes really do a lot!

Want to see clarity? Heres ANOTHER shot of that same trench
DSC037192.jpg

Nycdeisel,

Pinion13

Ah, you're a light mflb user or I'm very heavy user. I was wondering why it looked so pristine. Also yes, I like the glamour shots. Post away whenever.

Pinion13,

Nycdeisel

Yea I dont use mine a lot, It does get fairly regular use though, I have used two of my 3 vapes that are in rotation today. the mflb I hit maybe a couple of days ago.

And mine has browned a bit on the bottom but its such an even browning over time that its hard for me to notice, but here is what it looks like now

DSC038762.jpg

DSC038802.jpg

Nycdeisel,

chimpybits

Vitolo said:
Damn... Deez takes some fine shots. What detail!
:)
Agreed.

I blackened a good portion of my screen on my first couple of sessions with this. In fact, I suspect it could migrate between a pipe (when the smoker friends have a hot pull) and a vape quite readily and with little deleterious effects on the unit. A little ISO scrub on the screen and you're good to to.

Sure do like this little weedie woodie. I'm not surprised Vitolo was able to have the box impress 7 1st time users.

chimpybits,

Pinion13

Does anyone else think the final pull, after you cut the power is a major factor in the perceived kick of the drag overall? I'm thinking that needs to be stressed more, it makes a big difference IME. Whatever technique you use always end it by pulling air through the box slowly for 4-5 seconds minimum, with no power. Then hold it for 10 seconds.

Pinion13,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yeah, that should conserve a battery a bit. Maybe. IDK how fast the Box cools down, everytime I open it it's already cold.

I've measured my 5 batteries today. I've got suspicious about my 2 new batts (GP 2700), so I compared them to my 3 stock (Powerex? 2400). BlissSvile stock batteries were exactly 2400, but GP were only 2000. Another proof we have only low quality things here to buy. High quality goes to the germany next to us I think...
Vapes the second. Only vapes we can buy here are vapirs (ultra advertized), iolite (also), bc vap and volcano (ok, this is quality, but pricey as omg). I hope MFLB will be here soon, or our state is never going to convert to vaping.

Nycdeisel: That discoloration is normal ans safe. Metal IS slowly changing colour to this brown at 190 C. Also you can notice the wood below the trench also can get darker brown color (resin) and it can optically "add" some brown to the trench.

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Pinion13 said:
Does anyone else think the final pull, after you cut the power is a major factor in the perceived kick of the drag overall? I'm thinking that needs to be stressed more, it makes a big difference IME. Whatever technique you use always end it by pulling air through the box slowly for 4-5 seconds minimum, with no power. Then hold it for 10 seconds.
Yes, they should draw air through, without power after hitting it, as it says in the instructions for the box!

Vitolo,

hunterthompson

Hey guys! I ordered the PA on sunday but I'm slightly worried that I have still not received an email or any sort of confirmation from Magic Flight. I realize that they were probably closed on sunday and that yesterday was 4th of July but should I shoot them an email just in case or should I not even expect an email? Thanks!

hunterthompson,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I wouldn't be worried...they're quick to process orders and it's still early on west coast ;)

Lo,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Damn it! I got my replacement MFLB on Saturday and its RUINED. I have never had an accident with one of my pieces. I placed it on the kitchen counter and walked away, my wife placed a glass of ice-water next to it and I got distracted doing something else. I came back about an hour later and the ice was melted, the glass was full of condensation, and a nice little puddle formed directly under the new MFLB. Now it's completely warped, cant get the battery in and the top (with the sweet little lock)will no longer close right. I emailed my favorite rep at BlissSville (Brooke)and anxiously await her reply.

Ugh! :mad:

mvapes,

Kingston

my pa was accepted on 15 june and since then the status hasn't changed on the tracking page.

guess this will be a long wait

Kingston,

sundaddy

mvapes said:
Damn it! I got my replacement MFLB on Saturday and its RUINED. I have never had an accident with one of my pieces. I placed it on the kitchen counter and walked away, my wife placed a glass of ice-water next to it and I got distracted doing something else. I came back about an hour later and the ice was melted, the glass was full of condensation, and a nice little puddle formed directly under the new MFLB. Now it's completely warped, cant get the battery in and the top (with the sweet little lock)will no longer close right. I emailed my favorite rep at BlissSville (Brooke)and anxiously await her reply.

They probably won't have any problem with you returning it and sending a replacement.

sundaddy,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Kingston said:
my pa was accepted on 15 june and since then the status hasn't changed on the tracking page.

guess this will be a long wait

depending on where you live, and whether or not you mentioned FC, it shouldn't be too much longer, i got mine within 3 days

stroh,

Pinion13

Vitolo said:
Pinion13 said:
Yes, they should draw air through, without power after hitting it, as it says in the instructions for the box!

Yeah, but it doesn't seem to be stressed a lot. Not that I've read the entire thread. It can also be easy to lose track of techniques one stumbles upon, at least IME. :ko:

I wasn't drawing long enough after killing the power, even though I was at one point in my mflb career. Face melting would be an accurate description for the added boost.

Anyway the hardwood stems, specifically the cherry wood one is very interesting. As you know Vitolo. But I'll post my initial impression, another game changer, maybe. The pa, now tthis wooden stem. The hits are like something out of a warm steam bath or the air after a hot shower. Definitely vapor but more on the steam side than smoke. I'm also getting less visible vapor but most likely more absorption. It's cool, you guys should check them out. I was a fan of the glass stem for a while, but it was burning my lips. I was starting to look like a crack addict. This wooden stem also prevents that, thankfully.

Typos are setting in and multiple edits. See you guys later.

Pinion13,

al bundy

Vaporist
Pinion13 said:
Nycdeisel said:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z53/WhatTheFuck_33/DSC037212.jpg

That's a tasty looking box. :brow:. Trench looks about perfect for that grind, and that's definitely not mids. Yum.

Edit again - Whoever suggested burt's bees lip balm for conditioning the box was spot on. Keeps your lips nice, keeps the mf nice. Nice

great idea never thought of that im going to get cherry .:)

al bundy,

al bundy

Vaporist
mvapes said:

leave it out to dry it may go back to shape
id contact blisssville anyway.
i had a similar issue with a replacement box and the lid not sealing the top.
i received another box and when i went to mail back the defect it looked like it was sealing alot better.

al bundy,

Nycdeisel

you can use the warranty for almost anything that might be wrong with your Box, I would contact them asap and explain what happened

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom