stroh

errl enthusiast
Surf Monkey said:
stroh said:
if the IR effect was so insignificant, then i don't think Magic Flight would mention it. It must play a somewhat important role in the efficiency of the vaporizer, as pure conduction units are not very efficient.

in other news i am now power adapted :)

Yes and no. I mean, let's not forget that Magic Flight is in the business of selling these things. They're going to amp up any and every aspect of the box that reflects positively on it. All I'm saying is that from what I know about IR heating (which is not a great deal, granted) it seems unlikely that an IR effect is particularly significant in the Magic Flight. That said, I'd love to be proven wrong.

you have seriously mistaken Magic-Flight's marketing technique. this incredibly humble company does not rely on product hype for sales, rather on the good folks who use them and spread the love by word of mouth, and in these days, the internet.

stroh,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Seek said:
I think the screen emits IR photons by heat. Heated objects emit ir photons don't they? When it get hotter and hotter, the photon wavelength decreases, so it begins shining red (IR+red), then yellow (IR+red+green), then white(IR+red+green+blue). The Sun is known to emit all wavelengths.

Could be...I stand corrected on the convection! But I always assumed that convection (like a convection oven) is heat circulated by air, hence the fan in the rear of a convection over or by you pulling air via the mouth piece over the heating element therfore creating Convection. Conduction is obviously the heat emitted via the screen directly to your herb and exhausted through the mouth piece. So I will give credit where credits due.

As for the photons...im lost, I would rather focus on the product being heated...if its photons getting me the buzz then thank you Mr photon for delivering me some MJ! :D

mvapes,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Let us know how you like the power adapter...enjoy! :peace:

stroh said:
if the IR effect was so insignificant, then i don't think Magic Flight would mention it. It must play a somewhat important role in the efficiency of the vaporizer, as pure conduction units are not very efficient.

in other news i am now power adapted :)

mvapes,

Vitolo

Vaporist
All of this analysis of the Lil' Guy's function, has worn me out. I think I will go load a trench, and just relax and let him do what he is so good at! :lol:

Vitolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
so far this thing is amazing! definitely a must buy if you are use your box at home a lot. the variable temperature is great, right now i have it pretty low for a nice cerebral buzz, but before i was testing the range, and the higher temperatures left me with a nice body stone, seems like it will be perfect for right before bed. this is definitely a game changer now that i don't have to rely on batteries, as i tend to wear them out pretty quickly when i'm holding down the fort ;)

stroh,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am so happy you love the unit!
I use it all day at minimal power.. and slowly "wring out" trenches until they are brown!

Vitolo,

Sour Deez

I want to buy the PA so bad cause I know how badass it would be. But I hardly ever use it at home since thats what the SSV is for.

But i want one...

Did someone mention car adapters before?

Sour Deez,

stroh

errl enthusiast
it truly is a masterpiece vito! i have been turning the power lower and lower, extending the length of my trenches by a nominal amount, i think i'm in love :o

magic-flight offers a car adapter for a small fee (i believe 8 dollars) when you order the PA

stroh,

Nycdeisel

wouldnt the portable factor fit in a vehicle?
meaning why not just use batteries in the car?

nice option though

Nycdeisel,

Surf Monkey

stroh said:
you have seriously mistaken Magic-Flight's marketing technique. this incredibly humble company does not rely on product hype for sales, rather on the good folks who use them and spread the love by word of mouth, and in these days, the internet.

Let me be VERY clear about this: I am NOT suggesting that MF over-hypes that aspect of the box for purely cynical reasons. I'm a small businessman myself. I know over heated hype (pardon the pun) when I see it, and that's not what I think is happening here.

Now, that being said, I also know that any company, no matter how humble, is going to want to place emphasis on every positive aspect of their product. There's no fault in doing that. I'm not claiming that the MFLB has no IR characteristics. I'm simply questioning how much IR effects the operation of the box and how exactly the IR is brought into play. Given a more detailed explanation of the IR characteristics of the MFLB my curiosity would no doubt be satisfied.

Surf Monkey,

Vessel

mvapes said:
Vessel said:
The only way I've found to get a steady thicker stream of vapor, is by blowing through the back into a bag or cup, otherwise it really doesn't work for me.

One thing I've noticed, is the hole in the back that seems to not have a function, I stuck the end of the cleaning brush in there, and its like a foamy,carbon filter type material in there !?!?! Any Idea what this is for ?

I'm not getting the blowing through the back thing? The hole in the back is absolutely functionless, its only used during manufacturing. What are you blowing? No pun intended!

The intake Groove that runs from the back of the device to the bowl area. Its to the left of the hole as you refer as useless. Its basically the same method people use to fill up bags with their mflb, I usually use a bottle or cup. Its the easiest method of using the mflb.

By doing this method, I've noted that steady streams of vapor flow out with a force less than that to blow bubbles when the glass stem is submerged in water. I try to keep this in mind when trying to use the mflb normally but it just doesn't work, only once has it worked to satisfaction using it the normal way.

CutePanda said:
^It's the battery push back ring

The hole people call "useless" was what I was describing

I've reported that the device gave out harsh woody hits, as of now it seems to of "broken in" some bit, and the hits are not as gross as before, the high is a bit better i suppose, though for the most part I only use the blowing into the intake method or whatever people are referring to it as. For on the go type situations, its better than a pipe, I really don't like smoking, makes me feel sick. The mflb can still be harsh abit at times, takes allot of patience too. Probably as one the biggest learning-curves out of all vapes, its way more cumbersome than I imagine; I am still using stock batteries, I don't know if switching would improve anything .

Now as for the hole that people call useless, I stuck the tip of my brush in their, and I can tell, there's carbon-filterish type spongy foam in the cavity just beyond that "useless hole". I was wondering this was for, and if anyone here knew ? I am going to try asking their customer service people -

How would someone compare the MFLB w/ batteries, to the MFLB w/ PA - ?

The Car adapter sounds really neat, if it improved the function of unit for me. I would like to use it when parked somewhere, if sold separately for 8 $ i'd buy it.

Vessel,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Vessel said:
mvapes said:
Vessel said:
The only way I've found to get a steady thicker stream of vapor, is by blowing through the back into a bag or cup, otherwise it really doesn't work for me.

One thing I've noticed, is the hole in the back that seems to not have a function, I stuck the end of the cleaning brush in there, and its like a foamy,carbon filter type material in there !?!?! Any Idea what this is for ?

I'm not getting the blowing through the back thing? The hole in the back is absolutely functionless, its only used during manufacturing. What are you blowing? No pun intended!

The intake Groove that runs from the back of the device to the bowl area. Its to the left of the hole as you refer as useless. Its basically the same method people use to fill up bags with their mflb, I usually use a bottle or cup. Its the easiest method of using the mflb.

By doing this method, I've noted that steady streams of vapor flow out with a force less than that to blow bubbles when the glass stem is submerged in water. I try to keep this in mind when trying to use the mflb normally but it just doesn't work, only once has it worked to satisfaction using it the normal way.

CutePanda said:
^It's the battery push back ring

The hole people call "useless" was what I was describing

I've reported that the device gave out harsh woody hits, as of now it seems to of "broken in" some bit, and the hits are not as gross as before, the high is a bit better i suppose, though for the most part I only use the blowing into the intake method or whatever people are referring to it as. For on the go type situations, its better than a pipe, I really don't like smoking, makes me feel sick. The mflb can still be harsh abit at times, takes allot of patience too. Probably as one the biggest learning-curves out of all vapes, its way more cumbersome than I imagine; I am still using stock batteries, I don't know if switching would improve anything .

Now as for the hole that people call useless, I stuck the tip of my brush in their, and I can tell, there's carbon-filterish type spongy foam in the cavity just beyond that "useless hole". I was wondering this was for, and if anyone here knew ? I am going to try asking their customer service people -

CutePanda had you covered, it is the battery pushback ring, to stop battery contact when pressure is released.

it sounds to me like your box may be out of calibration, or your batteries damaged, if you cannot get a satisfactory hit using the box how it was meant to be used.

stroh,

Vessel

I don't think so, but it would be nice if that where the case. I think I just suck at using it. I wish I could find out, maybe send it in sometime ?

I know what the battery push back ring is, I actually took that out. What I am talking about is actually behind the wall that the cooper rod lays up against. There's a cavity, or open space with " a carbon filterish type foam" in there. By inserting the end of the brush in the hole people here call useless, I can here it, and faintly see it w/ light shining..

Warning: this is not the push back ring :lol:

Vessel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I think that perhaps.. there could be.. a very slight chance.... that you are overanalyzing your box.
there is no carbon colored substance. There is only a pushback ring.
It may prove more fun to concentrate on using the box instead of poking and prodding at it.

* If in ANY way you feel that your box is not functioning as it should, call BlissSville, they will direct you how to proceed

Vitolo,

Vessel

wow -

Maybe its just my unit that I got recently from blisssvile, but I doubt it. I know what I am talking about though.

WHAT ????? "carbon colored substance". Where did you get this ! ahh oh my, thanks for the laughter . I ll write to blissville and mflb and post what they have to say.. Please, I prefer if you read my posts slowly, carefully, and completely if your going to comment, then again this thread is so busy w/ a good amount of nonsense that by the time someone who would know what I am talking about won't bother looking back 3 or 4 pages.

Its easy to get misinterpreted here, I've seen people get upset over the dumbest of things, its kind of funny.

I want to like the mflb more, I think people here feel like I am hating on it. I don't even dislike it -

Vessel,

stroh

errl enthusiast
then you have two battery push back rings in your box ;)

no but in all seriousness, the only thing that you are describing that would show up in the "manufacturing process" hole is the pushback ring. mine also shows through this hole, the contact rod is near flush with the side of the launch box, there is nothing behind it but wood.

it is very possible that you left behind a small portion of the original pushback ring when you removed it from the box.

stroh,

al bundy

Vaporist
hey you sure your not just seeing /feeling the screen?? maybe the light wire?
how the heck did you get the brush in there? mine wont fit.
no way to take a picture?

and to use the car adapter you need the power adapter .
the car adapter is just a replacement for the part you would stick in the wall.
from what ive read people have used the power adapter from theyre Zaps too.
its just a power supply like that for a GPS or cell phone.
only the PA need 12 volts.

al bundy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Nycdeisel said:
wouldnt the portable factor fit in a vehicle?
meaning why not just use batteries in the car?

nice option though

I didn't like driving around with the PA on the passenger seat. I take batteries with me now on the go. The C-9000 has totally changed my opinion on batteries. My 2700's are in prime shape at all times and there's been a few times I pick up a battery at home over the PA. Sometimes I swear I get better taste/hit out of a 2700 over the PA. But that very well could all be in my head :lol:

My MFLB rules, no matter what's giving it the juice

JDSupreme,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Surf Monkey said:
I'm simply questioning how much IR effects the operation of the box and how exactly the IR is brought into play. Given a more detailed explanation of the IR characteristics of the MFLB my curiosity would no doubt be satisfied.

FAQ said:
Has Magic-Flight ever tried increasing the area of contact between the screen and the herb?
Yes, they have. Extensively. It turns out that the shape, size, and angles of orientation all matter. A lot. Surprisingly, these additional aspects make the surface area of contact factor one somewhat less important in the overall design. Certain dimensions have more to do with time rate of change in the degree of criticality due to the specific angles of enclosure as seen from different points in the chamber. It is more of an IR effect than a surface of contact effect. This sort of esoterica can quickly get rather complicated to explain.

As I've writen before, I think the IR photons are emited by the screen itself, because it's hot. If the screen could get hotter, the wavelength will decrease and the screen become glowing red (photons of visible spectrum start emiting), then yellow and white, as green and blue colors comes into play (this would set the mlfb on fire lol)

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
stroh,...I will agree that that is possible. ( thx for the PA vid.. "au natural")
Vessel.. I don't get the slightest impression your "hating on the box".
I was serious though.. that if it does not function to expectations, you ought to call BlissSville. They are full of nothing but love and will talk with you.
Here are hints... not about technique itself.. but about "liking the box more".
1- watch every video you can about hitting the box. JDSupreme does very clear ones. see other peoples too.
2-look in the mirror while you hit the box.
3-even more fun, do a few trenches in front of a webcam ( dont have to record)
Watching myself do hits, is responsible for the vapor you see me blow on my mflb hits now.
I want you to like the box more too, buddy... I wish I could sit there with you and cheer you on while you fell in love with your box!

Vitolo,

Surf Monkey

Seek said:
As I've writen before, I think the IR photons are emited by the screen itself, because it's hot. If the screen could get hotter, the wavelength will decrease and the screen become glowing red (photons of visible spectrum start emiting), then yellow and white, as green and blue colors comes into play (this would set the mlfb on fire lol)

Right. So basically what they're saying is that heat is delivered via conduction at the points where material physically touches the screen and via IR at what must be very close distances to the screen (before the heat waves dissipate enough that vaporization is no longer possible) to material that isn't actually touching it. I guess by that measure any conduction vaporizer is also delivering some IR as well, no?

Surf Monkey,

shortwind

Okay. Here's my battery cleaning saga. I first tried rubbing alcohol on the peeled, but still very very sticky Maha 2700 batteries I just got. Barely made a dent in the goo. Next I tried WD 40...barely worked, plus the fumes were too strong for my severely asthmatic lungs to handle. Today I bought some Goo Gone and used large amounts of it....with A LOT of scrubbing with both a plastic knife and a scrubber sponge was finally able to de-sticky the batteries. It was more project than I wanted to do! As I noted in my previous post, in the past, the Maha 2700s peeled easily and did not have sticky residue left behind.

These are Powerex batteries. Anyone know of a reliable 2700 Maha type battery that peels easily without sticky gunk left behind?

I am vaporizing to minimize the irritation to my hyper-sensitive airways. I don't want to defeat the purpose by breathing in a lot of nasty solvents in order to ready the batteries for use in my lovely little MFLB.

Maybe Magic Flight has some suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. Yes, acetone is very hard on my type of lungs...so did not even try it or have it on hand. I don't wear nail polish because I cannot handle the fumes from the polish or the acetone to remove the polish.

shortwind,
Top Bottom