pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Wakka Wu said:
Very disappointed at the moment..:(

I order my Powerex 2700's on Sunday and I got them today but they came out of juice. I also ordered a charger but it hasn't arrived yet. I got about 2 trenches on 4 batteries. 4! Four! I can't recommend newegg.com to anyone. Sigh...

I feel for you, but to clarify: Powerex 2700s are High Self-Discharge batteries. HSD batteries only hold a charge for a few days at most, therefore they always must be charged before use. Low Self-Discharge batteries like the Imedion 2400s that came with your MFLB can keep most of their charge for months, so they are always sold pre-charged.

pakalolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Learner said:
Anyone have the PA and another external power source vaporizer? I am thinking of getting a non portable vaporizer and am not so totally sold on the PA.
You would sure be well advised to read the reviews!
Most of the forum members are experienced with multiple vapes... and a large % own many too.
Every thread under the heading
Index Vaporizer Discussion
represents a different vape... and each has pages of discussions. It would be hard to sum it up in one post, as you asked a pretty general question!

Vitolo,

chucku

Charles Urbane
pakalolo said:
Wakka Wu said:

I order my Powerex 2700's on Sunday and I got them today but they came out of juice. I also ordered a charger but it hasn't arrived yet. I got about 2 trenches on 4 batteries. 4! Four! I can't recommend newegg.com to anyone. Sigh...

I feel for you, but to clarify: Powerex 2700s are High Self-Discharge batteries. HSD batteries only hold a charge for a few days at most, therefore they always must be charged before use. Low Self-Discharge batteries like the Imedion 2400s that came with your MFLB can keep most of their charge for months, so they are always sold pre-charged.

HSD batteries such as the Powerex really should be broken in before 1st use.

chucku,

Learner

Vitolo said:
Learner said:
Anyone have the PA and another external power source vaporizer? I am thinking of getting a non portable vaporizer and am not so totally sold on the PA.
You would sure be well advised to read the reviews!
Most of the forum members are experienced with multiple vapes... and a large % own many too.
Every thread under the heading
Index Vaporizer Discussion
represents a different vape... and each has pages of discussions. It would be hard to sum it up in one post, as you asked a pretty general question!

I thought it was fairly specific. I know peoples sigs sometimes state what vaporizers forum members have, sigs are not searchable though. I have read about other vaporizers. What I am wondering is, is there a reason to get the PA if a person was going to get or had an external power vaporizer. :peace:

Learner,

Vitolo

Vaporist
OK I get you.....
No it would not be necessary. The PA is a luxury for those who love the MFLB. It makes vaping with the MFLB , temperature variable and smooth.
If you were to have a sloid state vape, you of course would not need the PA... heck... you wouldnt need it even then.. it is just an accessory to please enthusiasts of the MFLB.
To go further.. those that own only the MFLB, would probably want one of these to introduce themselves from freedom from charger! :lol:
The ONLY actual reason to get the PA... if you were planning on another vaporizer with a cord, would be for your own preference , and varied experience!
(hope I said that O.K.)
EDIT:
I would like to add... that I have solid state vapes. I thought I was getting the PA so I could use MFLB in the office without charging, while at the computer. I found a whole new MFLB though... seriously. I am loving the complete control over the power.
I still intend to use the batteries on the move!

Vitolo,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
Ordered this two weeks ago and received it today. Wow this thing is great for 3.50 shipped.
It fits with my LB using 1/4" tube on the inside of the stem and also fits my Buddah with the hose on the outside of the stem. I perfer using it on the buddah over LB.
I will be placing a order for a few more THANKS

WatTyler said:
^ ^ ^ Nice haircut Vito! Taken years off! :p

You should check out the cheap mini cigarette bubbler I got from Deal Extreme for my MFLB. It works brilliantly because the downstem is so narrow- about the same as a cheap biro ink bit- which makes for the really slow draw needed. And it only cost $3.50 sent all the way from Honk Kong. I've shown it already in this thread, but I'll do so again, small, especially for you;
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7347/dscf0236f.jpg

Be warned though it's a bit of a lucky dip with the design- I dropped my first and the mouth piece broke off, so I ordered another, but it's not quite as good a design- the mouthpiece comes off halfway up, and only a little above the boittom of the downstem. As a result there's only a very narrow range of water volume that works without it getting into your mouth. As you can see I managed to break the mouthpiece on this one too through my own stupidity, although it's a much weaker join that on the first example I owned:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5248/dscf0335u.jpg

I think that they're pretty good value at $3.50, as long as I don't keep breaking them. But then I just broke my 40 inline precooler, which does put it into perspective. I'm convinced enough by the first one I had to try yet again (it really did work much better than any of my other glass with the LB) and so I've got 2 more on order from Hong Kong due any day now. I'm also hoping that they're the good design like the first example and not the poor one. Unforunately you can't choose with Deal Extreme.

Deal Extreme Cheap mini bubbler

majorpayne66,

Vitolo

Vaporist
majorpayne66 said:
Ordered this two weeks ago and received it today. Wow this thing is great for 3.50 shipped.
It fits with my LB using 1/4" tube on the inside of the stem and also fits my Buddah with the hose on the outside of the stem. I perfer using it on the buddah over LB.
I will be placing a order for a few more THANKS
I am dying to try the extreme deal glass bubbler! I got mine in the mail, but it was broken. I contacted them, and they were very nice.. asked for a picture of it, and an hour later I got receipt that they sent a new one out.
The item is fragile, but the people selling it seem to want to please!

Vitolo,

ckannaSr

Help, help! I have been loving the PA for a few weeks now, probably 4-6 weeks. About 2 weeks in I lost about half of the temp settings but I couldn't bear to let go of it for repair. Now, quite suddenly I'm not getting any indication of power coming through The Blue light is on the power module (or whatever it's called) but no yellow light or heat from the MFLB.

Seems to me there were some posts a while back from others who had a problem. Anybody out there who can give me 1st aid info before I have to send it off for repair?? I hate to let go of it and maybe I should order a replacement so I can always have a spare. Anyway, any help will be appreciated.

ckannaSr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It sounds like the rheostat (the continual attenuation dial) was taking a slow dump!
Don't panic. Call them on the phone. They are VERY good about this, and you are already on record. There is a chance that they might send you a PA at the same time you send yours in.
This is all so new, that there is not much documentation to go on. I know with the boxes, they send you the box, and there are instructions about returning the original so that your warranty remains intact.
Tell them your concerns before buying a new one.
Remember.. you lived with just batteries until a month ago!

Vitolo,

Dudeson 1882

Wow this thread moves too fast to keep up with.

Thanks for posting that vid Vitolo. It sold me & I just ordered the PA. Hope its not too hard to get it to work here. I thought that was a pic of Bogart as well. :)

Had to get one of those water pipe things as well.

Also thanks to CutePanda & Zoonabot for cleaning tips.

Dudeson 1882,

al bundy

Vaporist
Wakka Wu said:

I order my Powerex 2700's on Sunday and I got them today but they came out of juice. I also ordered a charger but it hasn't arrived yet. I got about 2 trenches on 4 batteries. 4! Fo
ur! I can't recommend newegg.com to anyone. Sigh...

did you order them as a package?
I got the 401fs charger and they came with 4/2700s
you should call them and complain.

al bundy,

Wakka Wu

pakalolo said:
Wakka Wu said:

ah! so the batteries aren't really newegg's fault.

al bundy said:
did you order them as a package?
I got the 401fs charger and they came with 4/2700s
you should call them and complain.

Same order but different items. The charger should be here in the morning but it still confuses me how they received my order but processed each item on different days.

Wakka Wu,

cluffy

Vaker
Rough one, Wakka Wu. You're gonna want to run the break-in cycle anyway, which can take a day or so... You will be very happy with the results though!!!!

cluffy,

CutePanda

So I've been vaping kief with my MFLB and I love it! I do lay down a thin layer of herb on the trench first. And no NYC, I've never tried it before. Silly me.

I'm assuming that if my 2700's have a rating above 2500mah after using either break-in or refresh and analyze, that they are where they should be at?

CutePanda,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Dudeson 1882 said:
Wow this thread moves too fast to keep up with.

Indeed. I've been watching the count of views for this thread for the past day or so because it was about to pass 1,000,000. That happened about an hour ago, judging by the rate at which the thread was being viewed.

pakalolo,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Can anyone direct a brother (with a link) to the Power Adapter page? I looked all over Blissville and couldn't find it on the site...

I was mildly vaked at the time! :p

Bluntcrush,

Vitolo

Vaporist
https://magic-flight.com:4200/buydpab/ar_home
You won't find it on a page from Blissville yet. What you see on this page is the finished product, and it will be transferred to the website before long. I posted a few posts around yesterday, to say how great the PA is. I never thought I could say this about the MFLB ( which I do love).. but the PA is a real game changer!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vaporisateur~ I had unfair advantage :)
I give credit to the fact that I just happened to have that page open at the time!
(I was monitoring :ninja: to see when they update it, and whether price jumps when it goes to the website!)

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

i never use my LB with sprinkling a scoop or two of kief on top. only problem is that it gunks up the sides of the trench much quicker.

SmokingElectricity,

Wakka Wu

cluffy said:
Rough one, Wakka Wu. You're gonna want to run the break-in cycle anyway, which can take a day or so... You will be very happy with the results though!!!!

What exactly is this break-in cycle? Is it required?

Wakka Wu,

cluffy

Vaker
It gets the batteries to their full potential, otherwise your first few charges won't last as long. Why not try it with 2 of your batteries and just charge your other 2. I'm sure we'd all like to see the results.

cluffy,
Top Bottom