Smokey

Cloud Master
Ordered mine today! Hope it will arrive ASAP...can't wait to vaporize in "discreet mode" while travelin around.

Smokey,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Smokey said:
Ordered mine today! Hope it will arrive ASAP...can't wait to vaporize in "discreet mode" while travelin around.
Far out Smokey!
"smokey don't smoke"!

Vitolo,

Learner

steven22 said:
I ordered a couple extra push back rings... and am gonna experiment with 2 or 3 in the unit to see if it provides enough strength to push the thick 2700's

Extra push back rings? How did it work? Did you have to modify anything?

Learner,

Learner

I would think cutting the first push back ring put in in half so each half rest on the wood that the positive sits on would make contact possible with the second ring sitting on top of that. If that makes sense. I have done something like that just not with a push back ring. I used an unused ear plug.

Learner,

willieR

Been here since 2009
greystr0ke said:
Well I guess it's time for me to buy some new Powerexs. Mine are currently not holding a charge any longer. They only work fresh off the charger. If I take them off and let them sit idle for even 10 minutes then they're next to useless.

Wow, really? Several of them? Battery technology in general is still very flakey. I'm considering a PA but I much, much prefer the freedom of no power chord.

Still, seems like a larger issue with your batts. All of them are doing this? Might this be a charger issue of some sort?

willieR,

al bundy

Vaporist
greystr0ke said:
Well I guess it's time for me to buy some new Powerexs. Mine are currently not holding a charge any longer. They only work fresh off the charger. If I take them off and let them sit idle for even 10 minutes then they're next to useless.

what kind of charger are you using?

al bundy,

greystr0ke

Well, my Powerex's are at least 4 months old now and have had a ton of usage. I've just been using the supplied charger. No big deal. I figured this would happen after time and a ridiculous amount of usage.

greystr0ke,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm more curious to know how long they lasted, both in months and number of charges. All NiMH batteries have a limited number of cycles, but these days it's estimated to be over 500 and nearer a thousand for Powerex 2700s.

The charger is important too, of course. If it fails to stop charging at capacity, it will kill your batteries, not to mention posing a fire hazard.

pakalolo,

Kelblow

Well I can't find any vendors in europe that have any of these dudes left in stock.Anyone had any probs gettin shipped to europe from good old USA?

Kelblow,

Vitolo

Vaporist
somebody that sells them ships to europe!
Blissville.. puffittup.. vapeworld etc.. somebody's got to!!

Vitolo,

eddyfrancis

My Powerex batteries are starting to get a little weaker after around a month of heavy usage. This is interesting because I've been considering getting the Arizer Solo and the only thing holding me back was the $100 battery replacement. But it looks like the MFLB batteries might actually add up to be just as expensive in the same amount of time. I suppose time will tell.

eddyfrancis,

Kelblow

Thanks Vitolo,
I'm sure they do ship them over to europe but I'm just wondering if there are any customs issues to deal with.

Kelblow,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@eddyfrancis- MFLB batteries are just under 10 bucks for two, if you buy official ones. That's 20 batteries for 100 bucks.
You said a mouthful!
With all of this new technology, that has not had a chance to show it's endurance via the "time test"... ONLY time will tell!

Vitolo,

Trakteur

Thanks a lot Vitolo and Vaporisateur for the info about the PA!

I just ordered mine and I can't wait to get it already! With all the positive comments that were posted about it, this looks like a sure bet.

Does anyone living in Canada remember how long it took to get the PA once it got shipped?

Trakteur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If it is just that you don't like the charring but the unit works ok, they likely wont replace it... but.. if the function of your box is truly hampered, then you would be covered.
Is the herb different?
If you get a "mini" file set, you will find a very small round long "rat tail" file.
Example of mini files
Be extra careful not to poke into the heat element- it is fragile, and touching it would void warranty.
use the file in slow strokes.. don't be in a hurry.
enter slowly, and place file against box bottom, and only file as you draw toward you to avoid mishaps. afterwards, blow from where the fresh aire is usually drawn in in the opposite direction.
If your hits were lighter ... this will not remedy that issue.
This is only intended to lighten up the charring slightly... do not get carried away.. and make the inner area thinner by overdoing it- you don't want to change the structural integrity of the box.

Vitolo,
If you don't want to try fixing it yourself, then thankfully a dick ridiculously charring your screen is grounds for a free replacement! Or at least I'm pretty sure it's covered under warranty. Determine whether it really is an issue, and if it is, just get send it in for warranty replacement.

charliedontsurf,

bklynvettes

@vitolo i could be wrong, but i assume that magic flight being the good people they are, would replace the box even if you ended up busting it trying to clean it yourself, maybe even if you just dont like the charring and want the screen replaced. feel free to correct me if im wrong.

bklynvettes,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vitolo: Good advice in general, except this part:

Vitolo said:
Be extra careful not to poke into the heat element- it is fragile, and touching it would void warranty.

I don't represent Magic-Flight, but as I understand the warranty this is not correct. Accidentally ruining your screen yourself is covered, damaging it intentionally is not.

RHCPaul: If the combustion were severe enough I could see how it could impair operation, but then I'd expect a lot more damage than just reduced hits. The Plexiglas cover would show some effects, for example. Is it possible that the "charring" you see at the bottom is really just the normal cover of resin that builds up? The burnt charcoal taste from combustion does not go away immediately with cleaning, but it does fade gradually over a few more uses.

To be honest, the simplest explanation for lighter hits is poor batteries. There might be charring, but that won't ruin your LB. A permanent charred taste is what does that. If the taste doesn't at least start to fade after five or six trenches, then I suggest you send Magic-Flight some email.

pakalolo,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Trakteur said:
Thanks a lot Vitolo and Vaporisateur for the info about the PA!

I just ordered mine and I can't wait to get it already! With all the positive comments that were posted about it, this looks like a sure bet.

Does anyone living in Canada remember how long it took to get the PA once it got shipped?

If I remember correctly, they shipped using International Priority Mail which took about 6 calendar days. Pretty damn fast, considering I'm East coast and this comes from Cali. I did not have any customs fees to pay, and it was delivered to my door :D

However, it's a hit & miss with Canada Post nowadays...

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
pakalolo said:
Vitolo: Good advice in general, except this part:

Vitolo said:
I don't represent Magic-Flight, but as I understand the warranty this is not correct. Accidentally ruining your screen yourself is covered, damaging it intentionally is not.
read back.. I said "do not poke into the heat element" The heat element is beyond the screens diametrical circumference.. going in there beyond that area with a metal file might cause damage, not to screen but to the fine wire inside, beyond... that leads to the element.
Magic Flight/Blissville are very willing to replace boxes for a variety of reasons., for sure... including the feeling that your unit isn't performing, or perhaps even charring. If they were to cover a heatiing element damaged by inserting a tool... That would make them even GREATER in my book! :mflb:

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When Blissville gives warranty service.. they have you 1st send them your serial number and a photo showing that you have the box. They then send you a replacement, while you keep yours and when you receive your replacement, there are instructions for the return of the damaged unit.
They do not want you to go without any more than you do!

Vitolo,
Top Bottom